Then we scrape up the browned bits and the sauce turns brown with flavor. Enjoy! On the day we made noodles we would cook noodles with cut up potato. Set on high pressure for 10 minutes. Home All Recipes COOKING METHOD Instant Pot Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy. Instructions: Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. tempIFrame.setAttribute("src",iframesrc); Then, simply defrost in the refrigerator and reheat until completely hot. Remove the chops after they have been seared, and place them on a plate. Pressure cook at High Pressure for 1 minute, then Full Natural Release (roughly 10 minutes). tempIFrame.setAttribute("name","ADBACKPlugFrame"); Cook on Manual for 20-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. So I set out to try and make pork chops how they really should be browned on the outside, juicy and delicious on the inside. If using thicker pork chops, you can pan sear them in a skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat on the stove top for 2 minutes on each side before adding them to the baking dish. Heres all you need: This recipe was so easy, I made mine with 6 thin boneless pork chops and only used one can of mushroom soup and it turn out yummy yummy. If I double this and the chops overlap, how much time do you think I should add? 2 hr 15 min. I like to use Wondra instead of corn starch or flour. (I may have scooped out extras just for him to enjoy). Hi Bob, great question. Please check your inbox (sometimes Junk Box) and confirm your subscription! Then, add our email address to your contact list to ensure you will receive our recipes, tips, and giveaways! When oil is hot, add pork chops (you may have to do this in batches) and sear on each side for about 3-5 minutes. Its been a go-to meal at our house when I needed something quick and easy because it calls for ingredients I almost always have on hand. When hot, add the oil and brown the pork chops on both sidesdo not crowd the pan. Mix together your flour, mustard, salt and garlic powder in a bowl. So when youre done sauteing, press cancel and the select a pressure cooking function. Easy meal your family will love! Caramelise Onions: Melt butter on medium (or medium low for strong stoves). Turn IP OFF. Pour in the beef bone broth and scrape any of the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Long-grain white rice cooks together with the pork chops. Brown for roughly 2 minutes per side. Add garlic powder. Next, remove the pork chops from the pot, and set aside. daughter to a butcher. Sharing is caring! Add 1 cup broth to the Instant Pot and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Lightly season the other side with salt & black pepper. The sauce sounds delicious! Best Cooking Time for Pork Chops in Instant Pot? After receiving lots of fan love for our Pork Chops with HK Tomato Sauce, we decided to recreate a second classic dish for ourCha Chaan Teng (Hong Kong style cafes) series. Add sliced onions and saute 3-5 minutes, until soft. The Country Cook is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. Serve pork chops over prepared rice ormashed potatoes. New to Instant Pot cooking . Youll need about 10 minutes to prep this recipe to get it into the Instant Pot. tempIFrame.style.width='0px'; Check yourself. If youre using frozen pork chops, just sear them as directed. When pork chops are browned, add 2 cups of water to the pressure cooking pot, and stir to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Would I cut the cooking time in half? Onion soup mix you can find these packets in the soup aisle at most grocery stores. Have you ever made noodles & potatoes? Lipton's sells a few variations on the basic onion soup. tempIFrame.setAttribute("id","ADBACKPlugFrame"); I am afraid if they overlap then they might not get cooked fully. Keywords: pork chops in pressure cooker, instant pot pork and rice. Have you tried the recipe with frozen pork chops? Thank you! Mix spices and brown sugar and rub into both sides of pork chops. Step 2 Prepare pork chops. ), Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops With Onion Soup Mix, Gravy and Vegetables Slow Cooker Round Steak, Crock Pot Pork Shoulder for Pulled-Pork Sandwiches, Crock Pot London Broil Steak and Mushrooms, 29 Pork Chop Dinners the Entire Family Will Love, Crock Pot Pork Chops With Stuffing and Potatoes. Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe: As far as meat, I typically use a pork loin roast. Did you mean 10 minutes? Lay browned chops on top of rice. We wanted to kick it up a notch by adding more complexity and boosting the depth of flavors. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, oven safe, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Sounds like a delicious change thanks Robert! aggiornare php aruba hosting linux. Add 1 cup chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bits off the bottom of the pot. The Spruce. why there are no active volcanoes in peninsular malaysia? Dont forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. See more ideas about pork recipes, pork dishes, cooking recipes. Directions. This looks really delicious. It worked out perfectly. Gather the ingredients. Im Carrie and I have a masters degree in public health with a specialty in nutrition. 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks, 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (such as Lipton). Turn the instant pot to the saut setting and add in the olive oil. That brown sugar may char a bit, but thats ok. Once the pork chops are a beautiful golden brown, remove from the pot and set on a plate. This recipeis inspired by anotherclassicfavorite Hong Kong Style Pork Chops with Onion Sauce , hence the name HK Onion Sauce. Move to a plate; sear the remaining chops and place on a plate. Season the pork chops with the Place frozen contents onto trivet. Seu lugar para proteger o seu capital. This is so yummy! Lol. I love to make our easyCrock Pot Pork Chopsbut on extremely hectic days, its so nice to just throw ingredients into theInstant Potand have a beautiful supper ready in a fraction of the time. Your email address will not be published. June 30, 2022 . Fresh asparagus, butter, honey,, Corn and Broccoli Rice Casserole so simple and SO delicious! These pork chops look so tender and juicy! When its good and hot, add the pork chops and brown each side for about 1-2 minutes. Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later! Thank you for posting it! Serve hot. After browning chopped onions and four to six pork chops separately, combine them in an oven-safe skillet with the onion soup mix, apple juice and chopped apples. Place 2 pork chops in Instant Pot with seasoned side facing down. Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate. Think the cooking time would be the same? Make sure to scrape the bottom of the instant pot insert to remove anything that might have gotten stuck while browning the pork chops. Spread french onion dip over the pork chops. This step is great for breaking down the meat and starting off the cooking process strong, melting down some of Select 'manual' on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 50 minutes. Do a quick release and remove lid. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water, stirring until well combined. Can you use frozen pork chops and would I add more cooking time being frozen ? When I posted my Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy, I got a number of questions about making boneless pork chops in the pressure cooker. Can I cook the potatoes in with the meat & gravy? and like something my husband would like, which makes it doubly fabulous. You can see my link on their website as the creator. Instructions Mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, lack pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Dot butter over chops, then sprinkle with onion soup mix. Remove pork chops and cook onions. Secure lid, make sure vent is set to "sealing" and pressure cook (manual) for 7 minutes. Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops and potatoes is a whole meal! Taste & Thicken HK Onion Sauce: Remove pork chops and set aside. Feel free to adjust amounts as needed to suit your family. HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PORK CHILI: Cut the pork loin roast into 6 pieces and place in the Instant Pot along with 1 can of the diced green chiles (reserve the other can for after cooking), of the diced red onion, salsa, chili powder, adobo seasoning, paprika, water and salt. Typically I serve these pork chops over rice with a ladle of the the french onion soup and pork juices. Serve over creamy pressure cooker mashed potatoes for the perfect meal thats all old-fashioned comfort-food. June 14, 2022. Ive found the best boneless pork chops for the Instant Pot are one inch thick. Hi Susan sometimes Ill slice the Costco chops in half before cooking. var adbackhost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I quickly shut it off, released the pressure and started again. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. var dataString = "?s=1&c="+cid+"&p="+hostname; My approach is to provide the easy-to-understand instructions, use simple ingredients, and have you make the best meals possible. These Shortcut Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Boneless Pork Chops are a great last-minute meal that calls for ingredients you likely already have on-hand. Hi Linda you can use bone in chops, you might want to cook them a little longer, since they tend to have a little more fat and can tolerate a longer cook time so theyre nearly fall apart tender. I think based upon which meat you use, youll need to adjust the cooking time. Weve had our fair share of chicken this past week so will go poking in the freezer to see if I have some pork chops hiding to give this a try. make sure valve is set to the sealing position. You can use thin cut chops or thicker pork chops. When cycle is complete let naturally release for 12 minutes. Perfect!!! Utilizzando il nostro sito web l'utente dichiara di accettare e acconsentire allutilizzo dei cookies. Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add pork chops. The pork chops should not be cooked through completely, but lightly browned on the surface. These fork-tender, fall-off-the-bone Easy Bone-In Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy are a family favorite! Add some salt, & stir. Slow cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours. If youre using frozen pork chops, just sear them as directed below. Then add them to the pot, and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot for extra flavor. Questo sito utilizza i cookies. Add the pork chops back to the pot. If youre feeling naughty, add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to the recipe to sweeten it up. Easy Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy, 1 packet onionsoupmix (use your favorite flavor, I used Beefy Onion Soup Mix), Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Pork Tenderloin Marsala, Easy Bone-In Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy, 4 thick boneless center-cut pork chops (about 4 to 5 ounces each and at least 1-inch thick), 1/4 cup tomato paste (I use tomato paste in a tube). Place your pork chops in the bottom of your 6-quart instant pot. summer college programs for high school students 2022, newcastle city council planning department contact number, used suv for sale in craigslist new jersey, who is running against chuck schumer in november 2020, disable secure boot windows 10 command prompt, turabian in text citation multiple authors. Boneless Pork Chops about two pounds, or four pork chops for this recipe. I did saut fresh mushrooms in butter instead of using jarred mushrooms. Thinking of trying this with chicken breasts. Insert the Spread 1 tsp of the mustard on top of each chop. Then, add the Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke. Add half of the butter. Season pork chops with onion salt, garlic powder and black pepper. When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes. Can you teach me? . Rinse your rice in a fine-mesh sieve and add it to the pot with the water. This recipe for Instant Pot Pork Chops and Rice is perfect for a busy weeknight or a Sunday dinner. I havent lived in ND for over 50 years but this time of year, Summer & Fall, I sure miss it. Cook on high setting 3 1/2 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Everyone fights for the leftovers! SO simple and it tastes great! Using the manual button, choose the High-Pressure setting for 8 10 minutes, bringing the IP to full pressure. Looking for more side dish ideas? Thanks! Season boneless pork chops with salt and pepper. Just make sure you are using thicker pork chops. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. It was quick and easy to make.. Then, set the pork chops to the side, and saut diced onion and garlic for about a minute. When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 15 minutes. Set button to meat/stew for 18 minutes. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. About the same size as a container of bread crumbs. It is easier to thin out than to thicken. Preheat oven to 350F. Depending on how thick they are, you may just want to adjust the time. Prep: Trim the fat off the pork chops. April 3, 2019 by Brandie @ The Country Cook. Copyright 2007-2023 Stephanie Parker | Plain Chicken, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The thickness of the pork chops you purchase also makes a huge difference in the cook time of the meat. Prepare Chops: Sprinkle chops with garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until liquid is slightly reduced. Place pork chops into the gravy mixture (doing your best to make sure they get coated with the gravy.). Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Press cancel. var hostname = window.location.href; Place pork chops in the crock pot and sprinkle the soup mix around and between the chops. It should but I haven't tested it to be honest so I can't really give a time. To the insert of the Instant Pot, add the onions and cook for 1 minute. These boneless pork chops are cooked until they're fork-tender in an easy tomato-mushroom gravymade pressure-cooker quick using onion soup mix, mushrooms, and tomato paste. You should not need to add any more time either way. What thickness of pork chops did you use? Place pork chops in crock pot. . Brown pork chops. Serve the pork chops with the gravy and your favorite side dishes. IFrameObj = document.frames['ADBACKPlugFrame']; Turn off the pressure cooker. Pour over chops. Oh honey, I created this recipe for the little potato company. Let pork chops sit in sauce, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Use a skillet to saut the onions, as in step 1. Release the pressure using the natural-release method according to the manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Place lid on instant pot. This post may contain affiliate links which wont change your price but will share some commission. // allow access to the document object With this cookbook, youre never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner. Add mushrooms and saute until soft. Will be trying more of your IP recipes! Carefully remove the lid. Melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in oil. You sure did take a lot of time to come here and accuse me when you could've taken two seconds to see my name and a link to my profile on their website as the recipe creator. Add 1 cup chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bits off the bottom of the pot. Pour over the top of the pork chops and onions. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Pour this in and allow to bubble and thicken. Yall this is hands down one of the EASIEST meals on the planet. I hope you make this recipe! It makes the gravy delicious. My family LOVED this dinner! instapot pork chops with onion soup mix. . Lock the IP lid into place. Sure thing. Season both sides of the pork chops with garlic powder and black pepper. However, if you like your pork to be firmer and need a knife to cut through the meat, you will want to reduce the cook timeas long as an instant-read thermometershows the chops are cooked above 145F, theyre good to go. Then remove pork chops and set aside. We put in real mushrooms to cook with the mix. weird laws in guatemala; les vraies raisons de la guerre en irak; lake norman waterfront condos for sale by owner Pour in the oil and let it heat up for a few minutes. Pour in the oil and let it heat up for a few minutes. Again, no change to the cook time. Not only are they easy to come by at the grocery store, but they simply are the best thickness for pressure cooking. Add olive oil to the insert pot of the Instant Pot. Your email address will not be published. Youll probably want to saute them in a pan with a little butter while the chops are cooking, since the long cook time in the pressure cooker would make them a little rubbery. Lay browned chops on top of rice. They are equally delicious over our favorite Garlic Mashed Potatoes with some crusty bread and butter! Costco boneless pork chops are 1 3/4 thick (at our nearby Costco, anyway). Remove from skillet. We inherited this traditional Chinese method from our grandparents. Add the pork chops directly to the liquid, secure the lid, close the seal and pressure cook for 7 minutes. We like to serve them with some rice and green beans. Either way, you will not need to add any additional cook time. Beitrags-Autor: Beitrag verffentlicht: 22. Ingredients 4 to 6 pork chops 1 (1.4-ounce) envelope onion soup mix 1/2 cup water 1 large onion, coarsely chopped 1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into halves or quarters 4 to 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices Season potatoes and onions with salt, pepper, garlic powder and gently toss to season evenly. They also cook more quickly than other chops. Cook: Add the pork chops back into the pot, close the lid, turn the valve to sealing, and cook on Manual or Pressure Cook for 2 minutes. How long should I pressure cook for 2 chops? I used fresh mushrooms and it came out perfect. Hi, I made this last last night and was delicious , had it with Mash and Beans yum . Mix together cornstarch and half and half and then pour into the instant pot and mix together with the sauce. Some of the noodles were cut into small squares that were cooked in butter. Would have given 5 stars but lots of sodium in the recipe. When the noodles & potatoes were done most of the water was drained & then the butter & square noodles were poured over the top. Shortcut Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Boneless Pork Chops. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Place in the bottom of the prepared pan. Add garlic to Instant Pot and saute just until the garlic is fragrant about 30 seconds. Very good. Required fields are marked *. My Blog. I have only made bone in pork chops in the pressure cooker up until now-looking forward to giving these a try. var iframesrc = adbackhost+dataString;

When you make the tomato-mushroom gravy, its important to be patient when adding the cornstarch and allow the contents of the pot come to a boil. Some of these chops need a long cook time to break down the tissue to result in fork-tender chops, while other chops need liquids and braising to help keep the meat from drying out. Instant Pot Angel pork chops recipe combines wine, Italian seasonings, onions and mushrooms with cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese for a rich and creamy pork chop recipe. Cook on saut mode to thicken. Make the gravy: remove the pork chops and keep warm, then make the gravy right in the Instant Pot on saute. Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes. Nov 1, 2019 - Explore buzz pavao's board "pork chop" on Pinterest. Using the Saute setting, heat the olive oil (You can cook longer to a true caramelization if desired). Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops and potatoes is a whole meal made all in one pot. I sure appreciate you stopping by to leave a review! Hey Michelle. ruger lcp 2 380 threaded barrel. Serve on top of white rice or mashed potatoes! Your email address will not be published. Well after a dozen or so attempts, ive finally got down the perfect recipe. So, we made some modifications to the ones youd normally get from Cha Chaan Tengs. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Good flavor. Spray a 913-inch baking dish with cooking spray. If making gravy turn pot to saute and in a small bowl whisk some hot liquid and a few tbsp of cornstarch until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. The pork chops was some moist and fall a apart when you took them out. For more tender meat, try using chops that are an inch to an inch and a half thick. Add the onions and saut for 2-3 minutes, or until they start to soften. Serve gravy over pork chops along with a side of potatoes. thanks, Jenny, this recipe looks fabulous! Set aside. The cornstarch wont thicken until it reaches a certain temperature (203F at sea level, a little lower at altitude). Ingredients. Container, added a little water so there were no lumps, and then slowly poured it into the pot when pork chops were done. instapot pork chops with onion soup mix . Remove meat and allow to rest and stay warm. Do a quick release and remove lid. instant pot pork, instant pot pork chops, instant pot recipes, pork chops, pressure cooker pork, pressure cooker pork chops, pressure cooker recipes, Start typing to see results or hit ESC to close, 6 Instant Pot Steamer Basket Best Sellers. And so, these easy crock pot pork chops are made with onion soup mix. Your email address will not be published. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Add chopped onion and garlic. To keep your pork chops tender and juicy, do not cook any longer than 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low; otherwise, they can be overcooked. Thanks for sharing your adaptions! You may need to add a minute or two. Can you use boneless chops in this recipe? When the oil is hot, brown the chops in batches, on each side, for 2-3 minutes. 20082023 Pressure Cooking Today LLC. This is a great recipe . Bake in a preheated oven until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145F. But it is delicious as is too. I like them to be fork tender. Sounds simple enough, right? One inch thick, juicy, tender and delicious boneless pork chops made in your Instant Pot. If you like beef stroganoff, youll love this Pressure Cooker Pork Stroganoff! You'll see why I love these Little potatoes so much. Remove steamer basket and set aside. This recipe for Instant Pot Pork Chops & Rice is fabulous, and nobody will ever guess that its so simple to make. Return chops to pan; continue cooking 4-5 minutes or until pork reaches at least 145F and is no longer pink. Reserve any remaining spice mix. Privacy Policy (function (w,d) {var loader = function () {var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.src="https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s,tag);}; if(w.addEventListener){w.addEventListener("load", loader, false);}else if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent("onload", loader);}else{w.onload = loader;}})(window, document); Roasted Turkey featuring Lynn Meschke of Meschke , Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes featuring Durrer Dairy. Beyond the world of recipes, she loves adventuring with everything from kayaking, to cruising, to snowboarding and taking the family along for the thrill ride. I added them in with the pork chops. In order, add sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, browned How to cook boneless pork chops in the instant pot/pressure cooker. Serve the pork tenderloin with gravy poured over it. Turn the instant pot to saute high and pour in the heavy cream. And thanks for sharing your story! Following the directions in the recipe card below, make sure to sear your meat on all sides. Add the canned mushrooms to the gravy and stir until the gravy thickens. Required fields are marked *. Ensure the whole bottom is coated with butter. Be sure to leave a comment and rating below. Select Saute and pour the cornstarch slurry into the pressure cooking pot, stirring constantly. However, if you want to half this recipe, you can also half the liquids as well. Pork chops were very tender. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the french onion soup, spicy mustard and dried thyme. Press "manual" and set for high pressure for 30 minutes then allow to slow release for 10 minutes. Pour gravy over the pork chops in the serving bowl. Or, see my entire index of Instant Pot recipes. I am thinking you could layer the potatoes on the bottom and then put the pork chops on top of the potatoes. Perfect for hectic weeknights! In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Thanks Alana you can use frozen pork chops but they dont brown well, so skip that part. best marauders era fanfiction; instapot pork chops with onion soup mix Then you set it and forget it and boom, dinner is made! It, of course, uses an electric pressure cooker (I own an instant pot), but you could use an oven for this recipe too and there are only FOUR ingredients!! I like to say the recipes on here are recipes for the busy cook (you know who you are). Boneless pork chops are generally very lean and benefit from cooking in the moist pressure cooking environment. Then sprinkle with the herbs and spices mixture and coat the entire surface of each one. Erica lives in Boise, Idaho with her husband, Jared, an attorney, and her three beautiful girls. Keep the Instant Pot on saute, and add the mushrooms and onions. Thanks, again, for sharing. Our goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook with an Instant Pot or pressure cooker through our well tested recipes. Saut Veggies: Remove the pork chops and transfer them to a plate; set aside. Im referring to boneless chops which are about a half inch thick. Place Little potatoes and diced onion into a steamer basket. Add pork chops and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. When timer sounds, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release. Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and add pork chops directly to the pot in the liquid. Remove pork chops and cook onions. This recipe is super easy to make and the whole family gobble them up! Place pork chops in the pan. Your email address will not be published. My husband and 6-year-old daughter fought over the leftovers! CROCK POT SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5MZ6MD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, https://www.thecountrycook.net/slow-cooker-pork-chops/. Thank you. It's the onion soup mix, which just proves that you can do more than make soupor sour cream dipwith this prepared meal helper. Reduce heat to a low simmer, put the lid on and cook for 12-15 minutes. If so, do I need to double everything, including the water?? Remove the pork from the pot. https://www.thecountrycook.net/slow-cooker-pork-chops/. Select Saute and pour the cornstarch slurry into the pressure cooking pot, stirring constantly. To make the ranch seasoning, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Turn on the Instant Pot by pressing Saut and set to More.. Instructions. You can also wrap them (foil works well) and store them in a zip-close bag in the freezer for three or four months. Published by on 30 junio, 2022. The Country Cook. Place pork chops into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot). This sounds great. Remove them from the skillet to a plate and cover. If you want more in-depth information,the Kitchn has a great explanationof the different cuts and what they look like and recommended cooking methods. Let this sit for anywhere from hour to 2 hours before cooking. Made this tonight and my family loved it. Add 2 more tbs of butter and the tomato paste and stir well. Remove pork chops from IP and set aside. . The pork chops we used for testing this Instant Pot Recipe were roughly 1.25 inches thick. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Top with shredded cheese. Im cooking for 2 and dont always want leftovers. Im on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube! OR roasted veggies to make a complete meal! You might be concerned that cooking meats like pork chops in a crock pot would result in dried-out meat, but this recipe gets a ton of moisture and flavor from the carrots and potatoes, along with a bit of water.