Nicolas Cage doesn't speakinWilly's Wonderland. "You can't take it seriously," screenwriter G.O. A quiet loner (Nicolas Cage) finds himself stranded in a remote town when his car breaks down. While some games do utilize dialogue trees, and many more recent games feature recorded dialogue or cut scenes, the philosophy behind most RPGs is that the main hero doesn't speak, allowing the player to more easily project themselves into that role. Coming Soon. People watching it three, four, five times. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. I'd grown up on the border of California and Nevada and there was this place called Boomtown, outside of Reno. He also bought a lot of cars. Quotes Liv: He's not trapped in there with them. That was really fun. That was a puppet. Every now and then the toil has paid off with a Mandy or Colour out of Space. With so much money, he decided to invest in a lot of real estate. The idea was that him playing pinball was like leveling up in a video game. See the Box Office tab (Domestic) and International tab (International and Worldwide) for more Cumulative Box Office Records. A quiet loner finds himself stranded in a remote town when his car breaks down. I have an idea but it's only an idea at this stage. Lewis: Oh, that was fantastic. That's about the highest praise I can give this film. Qualifying purchases could enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. Read audience reviews. the Terms and Policies, and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. Los Angeles, This fabled orchid breeder loves to chat just not about Trader Joes orchids. Nic was a great partner. more. $19.95. Privacy Policy Nicolas Cage appears to engage in battle with animatronic monsters in a released image from the upcoming thriller Willy's Wonderland.One of the most prolific actors of his time, Cage's career has spanned three decades with roles in iconic films, including Adaptation, National Treasure, and Leaving Las Vegas.Noted for his eccentric personality, Cage has developed a reputation in show . Like, how do you tell the same joke twice? If we can't get it done in that time, the movie ain't going to happen. Right off the bat, something felt off about this film. It's an interesting choice for Cage tobe mute inWilly's Wonderland, and writerG.O. Spending a night in Willy's Wonderland as his car is being fixed, this movie is strictly a film about a Janitor cleaning rooms and killing robots. Fists fly, kicks land, titans clash -- and only one side will make it out ali Read allA quiet drifter is tricked into a janitorial job at the now condemned Willy's Wonderland. Below, Lewis and Parsons talk us through the making of Willy's Wonderland and tease a possible second adventure for Cage's Janitor. Still in his mid-50s, he should, good health and the Lord willing, be continuing his exploration for decades to come. . "[19] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the film a score of 44 out of 100, based on 14 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Let's get a turtle instead of a regular mammal.". What did Disney actually lose from its Florida battle with DeSantis? Principal photography began in February 2020 for a month in various parts of Atlanta, Georgia. ", "All the horror fans are digging it," director Kevin Lewis told EW of the film, which costars Emily Tosta and Beth Grant. When he's going to fight Willy, he says a line. Even without dialogue, Cage's performance inWilly's Wonderland is a delight. There's so much cool stuff you could do. They team up in their satanic pact to kill everyone. 'Nic Cage is into reptiles': The insane, behind-the-scenes story of. One certainly senses no great enthusiasm in his latest trudge through the sewers. Willy's Wonderlandis heavily inspired by theFive Nights at Freddy's franchise, which also features a silent character facing off against evil animatronics in a restaurant with a horrifying history. Over the years, they tricked random drifters into cleaning up the building, offering them as sacrifices in order to stop the animatronics' killing spree. Nic and I decided, no lines. Related:Willy's Wonderland: How To Watch Nic Cage's Five Nights At Freddy's Clone. "[28], In an interview, G. O. Parsons stated he had an idea for a sequel if the film got enough support. I'll credit the creature designs of the many killer animatronic animals inhabited by the spirits of a dead Satanic cult demanding sacrifice. He is depicted as a zookeeper who is socially impaired. The consumer spending estimate is based on the average sales price for the title in the retailers we survey. Willy's Wonderland was originally set for a worldwide theatrical release on October 30, 2020, but was postponed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Willy's Wonderland. Or is he, like the weeping Alexander, ready to accept there are no worlds left to conquer? Kevin and I come from similar backgrounds where we both felt like we hadn't been given our due yet. Lewis: I was really struggling with that. For more information, please contact us at [email protected]. Maybe they didnt even give him a script. It's essentially a Chuck E. Cheese's with animatronic figures in individually themed rooms. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Lewis: A producer friend of mine, Jeremy Daniel Davis, brought me Willy's. He'd beat Gus and after he beat Gus, he'd go and play pinball. Cage plays a janitor hoodwinked into working overnight at the abandoned pizza parlor and he doesn't say a word for the entire movie. It's known that he drives a nice car, consumes a lot of energy drinks, is a miracle worker of a cleaner, and is apparently unbothered by the existence of murderous animatronics. Still, it was a bold creative choice nonetheless. [8] Shortly after, Deadline Hollywood confirmed that Nicolas Cage had joined the cast after the script, which became popular on the site, caught his attention. . I have this great vision of a Frankenstein Willy patched together and going for revenge. Copyright Fandango. There's probably just going to be me doing this, so I'll keep it in one location, and then, if I'm running the camera and doing all this other stuff, I probably shouldn't give myself a lot of lines. He was the one who was like, "Hey, make this thing an alligator, make this thing a chameleon. I was like, "Sounds good to me.". And the best for baking, boiling or mashing? Tamara Birkemoe, Nicolas Cage, Grant Cramer, Mark Damon, Jeremy Daniel Davis, . The Janitor receives his repaired vehicle and invites Liv to accompany him. Nicholas Vince (Hellraiser & Nightbreed) chats weekly with special guests about Horror & Thriller topics. What else do you need? The character has a few quirks, like his surprisingly ironclad work ethic, but the character is just as underwritten, absent personality, and replaceable as any of the killer robots. Lewis: I'm down for a sequel. Actor Nicolas Cage was once a top earner in Hollywood, worth around $150 million, but he didn't hold onto the fortune for long. Nicolas Cage doesn't speak in Willy's Wonderland. Willy's Wonderland 2021 2021 BluRay 1080p 720p . I think his wacky ideas could lead to something great one day. The wanderer travels from town to town getting into trouble and solving the local's problems before riding off into the sunset again. The film received mixed-to-positive reviews, with praise to Cage's performance, the dark humor and the animatronics' realistic movements but with criticism for its screenplay, plot and characters. [9] Cage also agreed to produce the film along with producers Jeremy Davis from JD Entertainment and veteran actor-turned-producer Grant Cramer from Landafar Entertainment, in collaboration with Mike Nilon from Cage's Saturn Films. Feb. 12, 2021 7:49 AM PT With the way-out horror-comedy "Willy's Wonderland," Nicolas Cage continues his recent trend of lending his name and his gonzo acting to genre filmmakers willing. So long as its just Cage silently clobbering mechanical humanoid bears and birds, this picture is amusingly absurd. [17][18], On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 60% based on 89 reviews, with an average rating of 5.7/10. And he goes, "Well, Kevin, I like to do it in one!" Directed by Kevin Lewis and written by G.O. The next morning, Tex and Jed return to the building and find it completely clean, with the animatronics missing. Donald Clarke, a contributor to The Irish Times, is Chief Film Correspondent and a regular columnist, Sign up to the Irish Times books newsletter for features, podcasts and more, Nicolas Cage, Emily Tosta, Ric Reitz, Chris Warner, Kai Kadlec, Christian Delgrosso, Isabelle Huppert: People think I have Irish blood because I have red hair and freckles, I pushed people away, although I didnt really want to: Lukas Dhont on the difficulties of teenage friendship, Fashion Reimagined: A game attempt to uncloak dark secrets of a destructive industry, Close: Five stars for Lukas Dhonts powerful coming-of-age film, The Movie Quiz: In which film did Yoda first appear. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The mundane tasks suddenly become an all-out fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic animatronics. We just loved it. Cage plays the Janitor, a protagonist who doesn't utter a word at all duringits entire run time which is actually perfect for the slasher film. It's got to be something. The market share is converted into a weekly sales estimate based on industry reports on the overall size of the market, including reports published in Media Play News. Toppling one robot after another feels too easy and the specific set pieces are unmemorable. You've got Willy and his gang. Dear Diary: World's First Pranks. That was a challenge, but it was a fun challenge. However, Nicolas Cage has only got a month, from February until March of 2020. Nicolas Cage makes anywhere from $1 million to $12 million USD per movie depending on his role. My wife pitched a team-up where he and Willy have to fight a new foe together. Get some good popcorn in, and something to drink and enjoy! Unable to pay for the repairs he needs, he agrees to spend the night cleaning Willys Wonderland, an abandoned family fun center. Willy's Wonderland is an old arcade/birthday party place that has been closed down, due to the fact that the mechanical robots inside all come to life and murder people. 1. While her friends douse the perimeter with gasoline, Liv enters the restaurant through the vents to get the Janitor out. He used to be a very solid dramatic actor, but the craziness of his performances has been there since the beginning as well. I called him that night and said, "Seeing your work today, that's why I make movies.". Cinemark All three are killed in a massive explosion that also destroys the entire restaurant. [12] The crew used a desolated bowling alley in the Sprayberry Crossing shopping center in East Cobb, Marietta for the fictional Willy's Wonderland family entertainment center, setting-up a huge basecamp with housing facilities for the crew members due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. That sounds like everything you would need for a gonzo movie experience with, hopefully, an unrestrained Cage. Dive in to. Levin goes on to say that he would have needed to make roughly $40 million a year just to maintain his lifestyle. 3. Is that consistency or a lack of development and imagination? Archer pretending to be Castor, which actually felt like a guy pretending to be a guy who was crazy and not just him doing his same Castor shtick. The film stops halfway through and invites one of the younger characters to talk us through the whole deranged backstory.). Because sales figures are estimated based on sampling, they will be more accurate for higher-selling titles. The problem with Willy's Wonderland is that it seems to have peaked at its inception. Compare this performance with other movies. Liv: He's not trapped in there with them. The Mandalorian's Pedro Pascal on season 3. And thats a shame, because while the blander characters are being tormented by automatons, a way more interesting live-action Nicolas Cage cartoon is happening nearby. You could do a John Carpenter-Assault on Precinct 13 where like maybe the Janitor gets caught in jail and the electronics are coming for him and it's a big fight in a jail. After the town hires a crew of builders to demolish the restaurant, Willy and the others leave the restaurant and proceed to kill the foreman and the rest of the builders before slaughtering several townspeople and massacring a basketball game. In 1995, Cage won the Academy Award for Best Actor in the film Leaving Las Vegas. It's really kind of cool. 2023 Oscars predictions: See who will win at the 95th Academy Awards. Owner Tex Macadoo offers him to work as a night-shift janitor in exchange for repairing his vehicle before he and Jed leave him locked in the restaurant. Unable to pay for the repairs he needs, he agrees to spend the night cleaning Willys Wonderland, an abandoned family fun center. Get our L.A. Figures will therefore fluctuate each week, and totals for individual titles can go up or down as we update our estimates. You're almost there! His net worth was around $150 million before he ran into financial problems. While the end result was a mixed success the movie met with mixed reviews, with many commenting that Nic Cage not talking was a disappointment. You've got Willy the Weasel and Siren Sarah, Ozzy the Ostrich, Artie the Alligator, Cammy the chameleon, Gus the Gorilla. it adds that extra level. Judging by the. In Willy's Wonderland it would appear that Nicolas Cage is even more dangerous than the creatures that are stalking him, and that he might be the real concern. $13.88. "I was very close to not making it," said the director. Take that statement however you like, but if you know, you know. Cage lost it and most of his fortune. theaters, 3.7 weeks average run per theater. PARSONS: I was writing and acting in a bunch of plays, trying to make a break for myself. Parsons originally penned the script with no dialogue for the character as he imagined a no-budget version where he would play the role. Free shipping for many products! There are a lot of different scenarios in which a quiet loner is seen to be someone that . Absolutely not, but if you know what to expect, I think you'll have a blast watching it as I did. [24], Kimberley Elizabeth from Nightmare on Film Street gave the film a score of 7.5/10, commenting: "Nicolas Cage['s] unique brand of kickassery is the jelly to this animatronic PB & J Horror sandwich". Nowadays, he appears in a lot more films and for half of that salary at most. Dont worry, it wont take long. Judging by the online reaction to the new action-horror movie Willy's Wonderland since the film was released on VOD over the weekend, the answer is a definite "Yes! Willy's Wonderland is currently available to watch in cinemas (wear a mask!) Somewhat inspired by the video gameFive Nights at Freddy's, Willy's Wonderland sees Cage's charactertasked with cleaning the abandoned, titular restaurant where the animatronics come to life and kill whoever is trapped inside. Fists fly, kicks land, titans clash -- and only one side will make it out alive. Parsons. Action Horror Movie 2021. Willy's Wonderland (22,792) 5.5 1 h 25 min 2021 X-Ray 16+ A loner wages war against the possessed animatronic mascots of Willy's Wonderland. How an unknown actor and a luckless director teamed with Nicolas Cage to create 2021's first cult movie. Two weeks ago I was rushed into the ER with. Willy's Wonderland is a straight-up B-Movie and uses a heavy grindhouse feel to tell its story. The mundane tasks suddenly become an all-out fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic a Read allA quiet drifter is tricked into a janitorial job at the now condemned Willy's Wonderland. This is why I found the choice to make his character mute to be very surprising. Perhaps they just told him where to lurk while the animatronic weasels and alligators chewed up prying teenagers. are available through our research services. Because sales figures are estimated based on sampling, they will be more accurate for higher-selling titles. The crew was applauding him at the end. He purchased shrunken pigmy heads, an octopus, the Lamborghini that was owned by the late Shah of Iran, and a dinosaur skull. With Liv standing in awe, the Janitor decapitates Knighty and breaks Arty's jaws, killing them both. As I said, if you go into this film looking for anything else other than Nicolas Cage fighting robots, you're going to be let down. It's the kind of film that's trying to do one thing and one thing alone; Entertain people. Cage had three distinct characters. For example, if our weekly retail survey estimates that a particular title sold 1% of all units that week, and the industry reports sales of 1,500,000 units in total, we will estimate 15,000 units were sold of that title. Upon being reprimanded at the hands of his boss for feeding one of the gorillas a banana, he snaps suddenly and beats her into oblivion, and is captured by law enforcement. 5.24. Knighty Knight was a former renaissance fair employee who, after being insulted for his attire, impaled a guest with his sword, and became the last to join the "Crazy 8" who then escape from the facility. It's not too often that one has to wonder just who's in the most trouble, the person that is being given to the monsters, or the monsters. Nobody without a spear through their head could sincerely describe Willys Wonderland as a good film, but it is trash with a commendable pedigree. Nic is into reptiles, he is into amphibians, and he's into dinosaurs. It was eventually released through video on demand and received a limited theatrical release on February 12, 2021. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Army Of One [DVD] 2017 - Nicolas Cage, Russell Brand - Region 2 - Still Sealed at the best online prices at eBay! Please reference Error Code 2121 when contacting customer service. [15], On June 25, 2021, Parsons confirmed that American Mythology Productions would release a comic book series serving as a prequel to the film.[16]. Liv manages to fend off Sara and encounters the Janitor, who ignores her warnings about the animatronics and refuses to leave. In addition to Nic Cage not talking inWilly's Wonderland,he's also given no backstory, and viewers can only extrapolate his history. In recent years, Cage has appeared in a lot more films due to his financial problems. For most of the industry's history, video game protagonistshave traditionally been silent (especially role-playing games), even when encountering many speaking NPC (non-player characters). Can we really blame Cage for lending his efforts to the project? Nic Cages journey through the Universe of Atrocious Film has been under way for around 20 years. Free shipping. To survive, he must fight his way through each of them. The film grossed around $97,164 in its opening day and made $107,145 over the four-day Presidents' Day weekend. I wanted a movie where they just picked the wrong dude and he mopped the floor with them the entire time. Now Nicolas Cage takes on as many as eight different roles in a year in order to continue paying off his debt. It's so so cool. Everything was on the shot list. The mundane tasks suddenly become an all-out fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic animatronics. The project was announced in October 2019, with screenwriter Parsons having conceived the idea based on his 2016 short film Wally's Wonderland, which was also the script's original name. Mystery & thriller. Conor OBrien inexplicably and shockingly shot dead by Earl McKevitt over pizza delivery error, ECB officials warn of interest rates rising to record highs, D4 home of owner of famed nightclub for 3.5m, Irish Times photographers and contributors scoop seven Press Photographer of the Year awards. The consumer spending estimate is based on the average sales price for the title in the retailers we survey. In fact, in the original script, there was one piece of dialogue at the end. Am I going to recommend this one to mainstream audiences? Nate's Grade: C+. Unable to pay for the repairs he needs, he agrees to spend the night cleaning Willy's Wonderland, an abandoned family fun center. We have an 81 percent audience review on Rotten Tomatoes. Full financial estimates for this film, including domestic and international box office, video sales, video rentals, TV and ancillary revenue [26] Charles Barfield of The Playlist gave a similar opinion and rated the film with a "B+". His taste is a little suspect. The sheriff and then Deputy Lund force the restaurant to be closed and torn down, but Jed states that it will only aggravate Willy and the others. He gets a tow into town where he is hired to be a janitor at a closed Willy's Wonderland. There are lots of little nods to games throughout Willy's Wonderlandtoo; the opening credits are 8-bit, and Cage's regularly consumed cans of Punch Soda act like powerups. [4] The film stars Nicolas Cage, who also served as producer, along with Emily Tosta, Ric Reitz, Chris Warner, Kai Kadlec, Christian Del Grosso, Caylee Cowan, Terayle Hill, Jonathan Mercedes, David Sheftell and Beth Grant. This is the sort of comedy shocker as harmless as it is brainless that Roger Corman has been producing (sometimes in Ireland) since before Mr Cage was born. How Marvel went big with Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. But it never becomes as offbeat as it needs . Parsons' very first feature film as a writer and this might sound crazy, but I hope he gets the chance to write another film. As this Yahoo! But, then, what about the stars of the show, which are the animatronics? And Boomtown had all these animatronics. After his abusive mother strangled him so hard his vocal cords stopped working, he became a serial killer who preyed on women attending university. Its scenarios feel a little rote, but are enlivened by the craziness that Cage brings to everything". Pam Grier reflects on her most iconic roles, from, Book an appointment to watch the first clip from horror-thriller, Kevin Bacon recommends the perfect Halloween horror movie, 'Our pitch was, it's going to be scary': The making of lockdown horror movie. Meanwhile, teenager Liv Hawthorne gets handcuffed by her parental guardian, Hayesville's sheriff Eloise Lund, due to her previous attempts to burn the building. Along with these two purchases, he bought Grey Craig, a Rhode Island Estate, in 2007. From Austin Butler and Cate Blanchett to a potential Best Supporting Actress toss-up, see who EW thinks will win at the 2023 Oscars. [13], On February 12, 2021, Filmtrax LTD released the score soundtrack for the film composed by moi. [13] Special effects for the film were done by production designer Molly Coffee, whose expertise in design and fabrication with puppetry helped to create the visual movement and appearance for the eight animatronic characters. Archer, who he made much more likable and sympathetic than Travolta. I was like, okay, that'll be it, this guy who has to go clean this place up and these things attack him, but the twist of it should be, they messed with the wrong person. Cage plays the Janitor, a protagonist who doesn't utter a word at all during its entire run time which is actually perfect for the slasher film. A new monster? The custom pinball machine in the film was based on the 1982 Gottlieb table Devil's Dare. But this wonderland has a dark secret that the "The Janitor" is about to discover. Call the Midwife star breaks down season 12 finale. In order to pay off his debts, he has been taking almost every role offered to him and filming five to eight movies a year. You've got to make that an iconic line if he's going to say one line in the movie. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. In the restaurant, the Janitor subdues Sara, and twists Cammy's head, killing her. If I don't end up praising the film for anything else, that's okay. We saw the same vision. article points out, Nicolas Cages salary was $20 million US at the peak of his career in the early to mid-2000s. Read critic reviews, The story isn't great, but it's got a fun '80s slasher movie feel and Nicolas Cage using random objects to destroy homicidal kiddie characters. Had something gone wrong, one thing to delay us a week or 10 days or whatever, it would have absolutely ended the film. The mundane tasks suddenly become an all-out fight for survival against wave after wave of demonic animatronics. His unnamed character remains entirely silent throughout the picture. Sign up forEntertainment Weekly's free newsletterto get the latest trailers, celebrity interviews, film reviews, and more. The place is a mess and he's locked in overnight. Nicolas Cage delivers a wordless, pinball-obsessed performance in Willy's Wonderland. Want more movie news? Now available on-demand, Willy's Wonderland realistically will likely be hated by many viewers, but I had quite a bit of fun watching it. and the But this wonderland has a dark secret that the The Janitor is about to discover. In the second comic, the backstory of Gus the Gorilla is revealed. [5] Lewis was hired as director in December 2019 while the cast joined in February 2020. It was a life-changing experience for sure. We would go back and forth with G.O. Parsons: Kevin is one of the hardest-working people I've ever met in my life. Starring: Nicolas Cage, Emily Tosta, Beth Grant Watch all you want. Later on, it is revealed that the Cammy Chameleon animatronic is a woman going by the last name of "Love" and has a split personality in her deranged, psychopathic, and child-like immature mind, and her normal shy persona in the same comic and is revealed to be Jed Love's sister.
Frank Bisignano, Fiserv, Cambria County, Pa Property Search, Gardens Mall Walking Hours, City Of East Cleveland Automated Traffic Control Violation System, Beechcraft Duke Turbine For Sale, Articles W