Since going on a fox hunt last winter, after dark, with a suppressed .17 HMR, and hearing just how quiet things can be, Im a fan of silence. Equipped with a pliable 3/4-inch recoil pad, an integral trigger guard and standard sling swivel studs, the molded Compass stock has sleek lines, a straight comb and open wrist. the tip of the forearm should press upward against the bottom of the barrel a trifle harder than the remainder. Coupon Code: cerakote20. It is accurate and stays accurate after heating. All Rights Reserved. My shoulder is grateful. Center to Center of Action Screws: 7.60". textured grip panels, and a soft rubber recoil pad. The tang safety on the right side, meanwhile, is easy to reach, if a bit stiff. Maybe it was both. Reduces felt recoil by 43% (when combined with the LimbSaver. I have a Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem. Easy-to-install recoil pad helps reduce up to 70 percent of felt recoil, increase stability for improved control Atmospheric chambers produce a substantial increase in performance through uniform energy dissipation Made from LimbSaver's proprietary vibration-dampening NAVCOM material; non-slip surface for use in all harsh weather conditions T/C Power Rod is a patented pivoting handle that is integrated with a solid aluminum ramrod. Thompson Center Compass. Not a perfect fit but not bad. The wing of the three-position safety is located on the rear of the bolt. They will return your rifle with a 5.5 lb trigger pull. Very happy for you. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2020. Im told it is still adjustable, but wont adjust down as low as before. How much, I asked the factory representative? old Im sure its going to be an issue. Thompson/center Compass II Specs Type: 3-lug bolt-action centerfire Caliber: .223, .243, 6.5 Creedmoor (tested), .270 Win., 7mm Rem. Are there any gotchas when it comes to rebarrelling them? I am concerned about the amount of lift required ( 11 1/2 lbs. ) The Compass comes with a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine, Weaver-style bases, and sling swivel studs. I keep an outdated credit card at hand that serves as a temporary pressure point on a barrel. Type: 3-lug bolt-action centerfireCaliber: .223, .243, 6.5 Creedmoor (tested), .270 Win., 7mm Rem. The detachable, 4-round magazine clips in and out reliably, though, like so many on the market today, is all plastic. And holy cow, what a deal! Manufacturer: Thompson Center Arms Model: Compass Model #: 10059 Caliber: 223 Remington / 5.56 NATO Finish/Stock: Blued/Black Composite Trigger: Adjustable Barrel Length: 22" Rate of Twist: 1:09 Capacity: 5+1 Det. Mag., .308 Win., .30-06, .300 Win. Overall Length 31 1/2". All promised minute of angle accuracy, meaning they should fire 1-inch groups at 100 yards, or even better. Nobel Sport Italia Low Recoil Target Load 20 GA. (3) $119.99 Add to Cart Sale! T/C states the Compass has 5R rifling, which has lands with angular edges. I bought the gun in 22-250 as a cheap rifle to carry on my ATV replacing a Ruger no 1. They didnt have any then. While hunting, it's not bad shooting because when the adrenaline gets going, I don't notice the kick really. So there were three loads that fulfilled Thompson/Center Compasss accuracy guarantee. Before judging the recoil too harshly, though, know that Amosa 47-year-old gun nut from Columbus, Miss.did fail to grab the forearm of the rifle prior to squeezing the trigger. Contours and texturing on the stock provide a sure grip, and a rubber recoil pad minimizes felt recoil to keep you on target. Get 15% off when you spend $150+ with code ED15. Put it in the center position and you can work the bolt, to load and unload, but not fire. Perhaps recoil force caused the forearm to bounce off the front rest, slap the underside of the barrel and send bullets in an erratic direction. Match-Grade Rifle Primers: Are They Better and Worth the Extra Expense? This rifle provided exceedingly accurate. Affordable. Mossbergs are, in my experience, solid, reliable firearms. The 6.5 Creedmoor is still, relatively speaking, a baby. Style Name: 10804 Thompson Center Verified Purchase Don't get excited by the title, this is not an exact fit for the Traditions Buckstalker. Thompson/Center says the Compasss trigger is adjustable from 3.5 to 5 pounds of pull weight. PAs 2019-20 deer harvest estimates released, Use jerkbaits to catch cold water saugeyes, other game fish, Turkey calls, bike fishing and more outdoor news, Coronavirus prompts changes to PA trout stocking, trout season, Mallards continue to impact waterfowl seasons. The Thompson/Center Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle offers shooters an exceptionally functional centerfire bolt-action rifle from a trusted American brandat an affordable price. Published 19Dec17. It uses a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine. Photo courtesy of Thompson/Center Arms. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Holding with the Compasss budget price, I mounted a Redfield Revolution 4-12x 40mm scope in clamp-on rings onto the Weaver-style bases included and mounted on the rifle. The Power Rod comes standard on the Encore Pro Hunter and is also available as a T/C Authentic Accessory on the Triumph Bone Collector. The receiver, beneath the bridge and rearward to the tang, is also cradled on the rounded inletting of the stock. My favorite feature is the out of the box accuracy with premium ammo. I paid $225 for the thing and it shoots 1/2 moa. The T/C Compass has a three-position safety. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2021. The forearm is hollow, except for the X-shaped lattice that adds stiffness to it and the pillar for the sling swivel stud. That doesnt sound familiar.. Whichever, it worked. The recoil lug is anchored in the stock and attaches to a cut in the bottom of the receiver ring. My grandfather would have liked this gun. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. If you like what we do at Gear-Report.com we hope you will support us by clicking our affiliate links when you want to purchase products. Thompson Center T/C Compass II Compact 6.5 Creedmoor 16.5" 12536 Description: Manufacturer: Thompson Center Arms Model: T/C COMPASS II Compact SKU: 12536 . Winchester has been around a long time, of course. The Compass receiver ring is bedded in the stock differently than other rifles. Afterwards youll have a compass with a beautiful ~ 3 lb trigger pull. It is very comfortable, with the side facing your shoulder textured for a bit of grip and is blacked out to avoid any reflections from shiny hardware. I paid $225 for the thing and it shoots 1/2 moa. Barrels are free-floating and come standard with threaded muzzle's to mount you choice of muzzle device. Employing a professional staff of hunters, engineers and craftsmen, T/C gathers essential design feedback from the field, the lab, and the factory. Mag with a synthetic stock. These recoil pads are installed in seconds and are built for all-weather conditions. Many of the links on Gear-Report.com are affiliate links. Standard on all Bolt-Action models including the TC Dimension and Venture. Years ago Ruger M77s, Remington Model 700s and other rifles had a raised band crossway in the barrel channel near the tip of the forearm. The stock comes with a provided recoil lug, rear magazine ledge, front magazine latching tab, front washer, trigger guard, trigger guard screw and rear takedown screw. Dang, Bill. The Compass comes with a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine, Weaver-style bases, and sling swivel studs. I would highly recommend the gun. Thats a real winner. Push the button and you can operate the bolt, to unload the rifle, for instance, without having to take it off safe. If you dont see a disclosure policy on a blog or review site, that reviewer may be violating the law or acting unethically. Let us help! One other thing did take some getting used to. I got my 308 for a Christmas present. The Compass recoil lug is locked in the stock, and the dished out lug fits into a groove in the bottom of the round receiver ring. I expect the round will continue to grow in popularity. It improved accuracy of thin barrels especially well. Mon-Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm CST If you dont see a disclosure policy on a blog or review site, that reviewer may be violating the law or acting unethically. At 100 yards I was able to consistently group three shots in about 0.75 inches, sometimes with the aforementioned three holes all touching. Reduces felt recoil by 43% (when combined with the LimbSaver recoil pad). Thanks. I turned the two weight-of-pull adjustment nuts on the trigger to bring its pull down as light as it would go, 3 pounds 11 ounces. Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information? The Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle comes with a detachable, rotary magazine that fits flush with the stock to enhance ease of carry and shooting from multiple positions. Most three-shot groups still had a bothering vertical spread. It joins a very crowded field of low priced, bolt action, centerfire rifles, but offers several features that might well sway customers. Thats a selling point to me. It uses a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine. Maybe it was me, but I had a little trouble being as consistent with the Compass as the other rifles. All Rights Reserved. Looking to buy a new deer rifle and your review is very well done. to open bolt. But the past few times shooting the gun at the range for practice/ fun with the stock recoil pad.it was starting to not be fun at all. Guess I better buy one to try it out. 2023 EverybodyAdventures | All Rights Reserved. The Patriot attempts to break from that mold a bit. A rubber coil of arcs, that when placed at a precise location in the stock, achieves the maximum amount of shock absorption possiblemore than any stock innovation on the market today. Published 19Dec17. These commissions do not add any cost to the end customers purchase. Introduced in 1965 with the .444 Marlin cartridge, the Model 444 was the most powerful lever action of its day. I dont see it as a systemic problem with TC or the Compass rifle line. Compass II rifles come with either 21.625- or 24-inch free-floated barrels depending upon caliber, with 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 threaded muzzles. Mag., .308 Win., .30-06, .300 Win. As she was retrieving a brick of .22 rimfire rounds for me, I asked if she had any 6.5 Creedmoors. I shot about 20 rounds through a synthetic stock Remington .30-06 to dial in a new scope last weekend. Comments. QLA makes loading simple and fast. {{site_title}} {{year}}. T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER COMPLETE CENTERFIRE FIREARMS, Limbsaver Recoil Pad, for Comp. It has an ergonomic, lightweight stock for a classic look with modern contours, textured grip panels, and a soft rubber recoil pad. Thompson Center Recoil Pad Rifle Parts All Auction Buy It Now 4 Results 2 filters applied Type For Gun Make Gauge/Caliber Material Color Condition Buying Format Delivery Options All Filters Used Limbsaver Classic Precision Fit Recoil Pad fits T/C Encore/Omega Rubber $25.00 0 bids $5.45 shipping 2d 22h or Best Offer The V-shaped traction panels on the grip surfaces are boldly styled, and they work well. All I did was make sure the base screws were tightened, installed the scope, and took it to the range with no bore sighting and plenty of 130 grain Remington core-lokt psp ammo as I thought I would need. weapons when properly used. The action is junk and there are no real aftermarket stock or magazine options for it. My best groups at 100 yards at the range were around the 1-inch mark. Most receivers have a recoil lug integral with the bottom of the receiver ring, or it is sandwiched between the barrel and front of the receiver that fits into a mortise in the stock. I'd just shoot the thing til it doesn't shoot any more and then get a new one. In the midst of the hunt, QLA can help save you precious time when loading that second shot. accuracy promise. The gap between the two, and the flex of the forearm, required folding the card in half to make it thick enough to wedge it in tightly. THOMPSON/CENTER T/C COMPASS American-made, well-balanced bolt-action 3-lug bolt design, 60 bolt lift provides maximum scope clearance Oversized bolt handle Drilled & tapped receiver, 2-pc scope mount installed User-adjustable trigger (3.5 to 5# pull) w/minimum over-travel If you are using a screen reader or other assistive technology and are having problems using this website, or if you have any other difficulties accessing this website, A rifle that can handle that is more than OK, and the Patriot measures up. Regardless, it is the non-permanent thread locker. Study. Of course, a rifles got to perform to have any real value. This is a lot of gun for the money, one perfect for veteran shooters, but maybe especially for someone getting into hunting and looking to buy a rifle thats reliable yet affordable. I topped the rifle with a Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm scope that brought the total gun weight to seven pounds, 12 ounces, which is manageable for most hunting. A suppressor isnt a necessity. The Barrel Assembly - This assembly includes the barrel, breechplug with nipple, ramrod, thimbles and sights. Those little touches dont make the Patriot Weatherby-like in looks, but they are nice nonetheless. I cant imagine that any new Compass rifles available from a high volume store like Cabelas would need to have work done. But paired with this rifle, its a nice fit. The Federal Trade Commission requires that companies like Gear Report disclose any relationship we have with brands when we produce content about a product or service. When the bolt closes, the bottom locking lug strips a cartridge out of the magazine, and the clack of a cartridge popping out of the magazine is the only indication of a cartridge entering the start of the chamber.
Astroyogi Leo Love Horoscope, Articles T