Three 6 Mafia are a rap group originally from Memphis, Tennessee, signed to Sony Music Entertainment under the Columbia Records imprint. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Click on a song to view its lyrics. [3], At the 78th Academy Awards in 2006, Three 6 Mafia and Henson performed the song shortly before it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. DJ Paul: On the night of the show, we sat in the audience until right before it was time for us to go on. Hell, I might get another Oscar! "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp" is a song written by hip hop group Three 6 Mafia and Cedric Coleman as the theme song to the film Hustle & Flow. Written by: Cedric Coleman, Jordan Houston, Paul D. Beauregard. "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp" is a song written by hip hop group Three 6 Mafia and Cedric Coleman as the theme song to the film Hustle & Flow. DJ Paul: Ive only seen our performance once in my whole life Im just like that. Director Denis Leary Writer Denis Leary Stars Denis Leary John Corbett Elizabeth Gillies See production, box office & company info Watch on Hulu Were nominated for this? To learn more, check out our transcription guide or visit our transcribers forum, Written for the film Hustle & Flow the song would go on to win Three 6 Mafia the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Three 6 Mafia are a rap group originally from Memphis, Tennessee, signed to Sony Music Entertainment under the Columbia Records imprint. But then I looked at George and he didnt even have tattoos! Because a whole lot of bitches talkin' shit. Common won, and John Legend, but that I can see. Aint nothing wrong with jewelry, but invest it for the future and your kids. You know it's hard out here for a pimp. Web. He probably didnt want any competition for all them women up in there! Web. He wanted us to do the whole soundtrack but they didnt have enough money (laughs). I would have, I open the car door for my girl and everything, but I was trying to get in there without dropping this Oscar! Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Pocketlyrics a Song Lyrics Website For The Utmost Song Lovers and Future Legends. Of the core duo, Juicy J (real name: Jordan Houston) has been successful as both a rapper and a producer: He produced three songs on Megan Thee Stallions debut and recently dropped a solo album called The Hustyle Continues, hes also worked with Drake, A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj, Lil Baby, Ty Dolla $ign and is featured on Katy Perrys 2013 smash Dark Horse. DJ Paul (Paul Beauregard) has collaborated with Yelawolf, Riff Raff, Gucci Mane and recently recorded several songs with Killer Mike; hes also got a couple of solo EPs on the way, is a co-owner of the gaming and e-sports platform Faze Clan, and is opening a restaurant in Beverly Hills. DJ Paul: How it originally started was, in 2001 we made these [direct to video] movies called Choices that we produced and starred in and scored. She loved the movie Grease and when she called I was getting on the elevator and John Travolta was there, Mama, guess who Im in the elevator with?. . Formed in 1991 as Backyard Posse then later Triple 6 Mafia, by DJ Paul, Lord Infamous, Juicy J and Koopsta Knicca, the group later included two more members including; Crunchy Black and Gangsta Boo (who were both added shortly before the release of their debut album Mystic Stylez). [1] It won the Academy Award for Best Original Song and in 2006 was ranked number 80 on VH1 's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop". Their 2005 song "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from the fil more , Sheet Music DJ Paul: Im still trying to figure out how it happened. In 2015, Howard and Henson compete against each other in the Season 1 finale of the Spike series Lip Sync Battle and, by popular demand, performed the song as the first duet by competitors in the show's history. Juicy J: It was a dream come true, man. [2] Background [ edit] "It was fifteen years ago, and I still don't believe it," says DJ . Web. It was fifteen years ago, and I still dont believe it, says DJ Paul of Three 6 Mafia, possibly the most shocking Oscar winners in history. It's blood sweat and tears when it come down to this shit. I asked [the late, longtime Academy Awards producer] Gil Cates, So do you want us to wear suits when we perform? and he started laughing. . After their victory, Three 6 Mafia had a flush few years, with two platinum albums and tours across the globe, and then took a break to develop their solo careers before reforming regularly for tours. But she didnt like that, thats when that Blood Diamonds movie was out. She looked at me just frowning, I was like damn, I messed this one up too (laughing). Meanwhile Zoey and Luca attempt to buckle down to complete a project. "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp" is a song written by hip hop group Three 6 Mafia and Cedric Coleman as the theme song to the film Hustle & Flow. Top posts of May 24, 2021 Top posts of May 2021 Top posts of 2021 Top posts of May 2021 Top posts of 2021 How come theyre the most excited people here?, he asked the glittering audience in a slightly scolding tone. Think you know music? Test your MusicIQ here! 4 Mar. All Rights Reserved. Thats huge! My dad couldnt believe it he had just got out of surgery so he was in some pain, but he was happy and said he was proud of me and loved me. You know it's hard out here for a pimp. please sub and comment lyrics at the bottom [Chorus x2: Shug - singing + (Djay)]You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)When he tryin to g. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Why? When Three 6 Mafia gave . For what?, Juicy J: I called my mom, Hey mama, I got nominated for an Oscar! But my daddy was actually having surgery that day, so she said, Boy, youd better get your butt down to the hospital, hes about to go into the operating room! When I got down to the hospital she was like, I thought about what you said you got nominated for an Oscar? We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. I got free room service, got into clubs for free, I got upgraded to a better hotel it was so nice, if you want some food, just push a button; you want sushi at five in the morning, theyll make it for you. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect . Im thinking, were the only song that had three writers on it, were finin to win. Test your MusicIQ here! And Ive invested my money, I didnt take it all and spend it on a chain. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! Playlist, Written by: Cedric Coleman, Jordan Houston, Paul D. Beauregard. He was the reason why I got all these tattoos I was sitting at home watching one night watching From Dusk Till Dawn, which is one of my favorite movies, and I saw all these tattoos that he had. When he tryin' to get this money for the rent. You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin) When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin) For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin) Will have a whole lota bitches jumpin ship (you ain't knowin) [Djay] In my eyes I done seen some crazy thangs in the streets Gotta couple hoes workin on the changes for me We performed, and they stood up and walked straight out, they didnt clap, they didnt do shit. Gotta keep my hustle tight, making change off these women, yeah. "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp" is a song written by hip hop group Three 6 Mafia and Cedric Coleman as the theme song to the film Hustle & Flow. The Oscars is still one of the things we collect around the TV screen for as a fami Hell, some of my best friends would steal it. I told Juicy he didnt wanna look at all like, Juicy! Juicy J: When we got back to Memphis, Dolly Parton actually sent us a letter congratulating us and signed it, saying she was just happy [the award] came back to Tennessee. It was ranked #80 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop". When he tryin' to get this money for the rent. Everything is on the house. The power of the Oscar, man. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. [Verse 2: DJ Paul]It's fucked up where I live, but that's just how it isIt might be new to you, but it's been like this for yearsIt's blood sweat and tears when it come down to this. Juicy J: I was nervous as fuck, I aint gonna lie to you, man. 3 Microphone Skit. PDF I was namin people Id just met, I named George Clooney just because he was cool when I met him. The group has also collaborated with many rappers on their own label; Hypnotize Minds, where they have kick started the careers for many Memphis rappers, such as; Frayser Boy, Gangsta Blac, Lil Wyte and Indo G. The group frequently collaborates with Project Pat (Juicy J's older brother). DJ Paul: Ive still got the envelope framed with the [winning announcement] and the Oscar luncheon invite and the ticket. " It's Hard out Here for a Pimp " is a song written by American hip hop group Three 6 Mafia, alongside Cedric Coleman, as the theme song to the American drama film Hustle & Flow (2005). It was ranked #80 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop". From there we got the idea for the hook on Its Hard Out Here for a Pimp, and went to the studio and finished the rest. Juicy J: Ive told these stories a lot, but I like telling them because I want people to understand: I came from nothin, six people living in a two-bedroom apartment in the hood, just trying to hustle and make it and I havent stopped! I'm tryin' to have thangs but it's hard for a pimp. Think you know music? "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp" is a song written by hip hop group Three 6 Mafia and Cedric Coleman as the theme song to the film Hustle & Flow. It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp: Directed by Marta Cunningham. It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp Lyrics (feat. Formed in 1991 as Backyard Posse then later Triple 6 Mafia, by DJ Paul, Lord Infamous, Juicy J and Koopsta Knicca, the group later included two more members including; Crunchy Black and Gangsta Boo (who were both added shortly before the release of their debut album Mystic Stylez). It was ranked #80 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop". 4 Mar. You know it's hard out here for a pimp When he tryin' to get this money for the rent For the Cadillacs and gas money spent Because a whole lot of bitches talkin' shit You know it's hard out here. They gonna say something crazy!. I hate that I didnt name them, Craig Brewer, and rest in peace, John Singleton thank you for everything. Watch: New Singing Lesson Videos Can Make Anyone A Great Singer You know it's hard out here for a pimp When he tryin' to get this money for the rent For the Cadillacs and gas money spent Because a whole lot of bitches talkin' shit You know it's hard out here for a pimp When he tryin' to get this money for the rent For the Cadillacs and gas money spent Will have a whole lot of bitches jumpin . DJ Paul: And to make it worse, the next day we heard he performed in the living room and did encore after encore till like four in the morning! I was starstruck, like Salma Hayeks talkin to me!, but she was talking about the diamonds in my mouth. When he tryin' to get this money for the rent. Djay has always had a gift for spinning stories, and after picking up a cheap keyboard, he begins picking out beats to go along with his rhymes. Variety is a part of Penske Media Corporation. DJ Paul: Was I nervous? Lyrics.com. So I'm prayin' and I'm hopin' to God I don't slip, yeah. Nobody saw that one coming. Their 2005 song "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from the fil more , Sheet Music After bumping into an old high-school buddy who works in gospel music, Key (Anthony Anderson), Djay decided to take the plunge and remake himself as a rapper. 4 Mar. I found out we were nominated for the Oscar at like five in the morning, my phone was ringin ringin ringin ringin. You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't know nigga) When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't know nigga) For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't know nigga) [1] Because a whole lot of bitches talkin shit (you ain't know nigga) [2] Will have a whole lot of bitches talkin shit (you ain't know nigga) [Djay] Lyrics.com. It was ranked #80 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop". Three 6 Mafia! Then I felt good. When we make videos I see them when were making them and approve them, and thats it. She said to me, You know all of your brothers and sisters in Africa are dying because of these blood diamonds youre wearing. I was like [sad trombone sound]. We had never won nothing in our entire lives and then we were international stars overnight. "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" Wins Original Song: 2006 Oscars Oscars 2.42M subscribers 15K 1.3M views 11 years ago "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" from the film "Hustle &. He lit up a cigar and said congratulations. PDF Three 6 Mafia Hard out here for a pimp. In my eyes I done seen some crazy things in the streets, Niggas hating on me cause I got, girls on the tray, Couldn't keep up with my hoes, that's when shit got harder, North Memphis where I'm from, I'm 7th Street bound, Written for the film Hustle & Flow the song would go on to win Three 6 Mafia the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! [Chorus] You know it's hard out here for a pimp. You know it's hard out here for a pimp When he tryin' to get this money for the rent For the Cadillacs and gas money spent Because a whole lot of bitches talkin' shit You know it's hard out here for a pimp When he tryin' to get this money for the rent For the Cadillacs and gas money spent Will have a whole lot of bitches jumpin' ship In my eyes I done seen some crazy thangs in the streets . You know it's hard out here for a pimp. I was like, Thats a pretty scary place to keep an Oscar. Dont toilets shake when you flush em? It motivated me even more: If I can win an Oscar, I can do anything in life. I'm tryin' to get rich 'fore I leave up out it. 2023. Hustle \u0026 Flow had its world premiere at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival, where it received a number of rave reviews and took home the Audience Award.CREDITS:TM \u0026 Paramount (2005)Cast: Anthony Anderson, Terrence Howard, DJ Qualls, Taraji P. Henson, Taryn ManningDirector: Craig BrewerProducers: Stephanie Allain, Preston L. Holmes, John Singleton, Dwight WilliamsScreenwriter: Craig BrewerWHO ARE WE?The MOVIECLIPS channel is the largest collection of licensed movie clips on the web.