You will receive a confirmation message when your SIM Card has been activated. If you don't have one yet, you can register for one now. Replace the battery cover. I'm trying to activate a sim card into my new unlocked phone. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. here International Long Distance- More details: How To Set Up Voicemail On Your Tracfone Device In 4 Easy Steps, Expand Your Options With Convenient Wi-Fi Calling, Save Money (And Time!) Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. new phone arrivedunable to activatewhat to do? Input the IMEI.Done: It takes about 3 mins for the entire process.Normally I am still working on initial new phone setup and the transfer is working in the background.Turn WIFI OFF.Turn phone offTurn phone on the try to make a call. Press the same button to deactivate airplane mode. Re: new phone arrivedunable to activatewhat to do. Again, you should receive your code within one minute. Hi gizmoschk. While we work hard to provide accurate and up to date information that we think you will find relevant, Forbes Advisor does not and cannot guarantee that any information provided is complete and makes no representations or warranties in connection thereto, nor to the accuracy or applicability thereof. Some people with compatible devices from another carrier may still need to unlock their phone before they can activate it, but all you have to do is call your previous carrier and they'll take care of it. However, if your iPhone is unlocked, you can use your iPhone with a TracFone SIM card to make and receive calls and text messages. It does not store any personal data. If you don't have the activation card, in the phone's "Prepaid" menu, find the "Serial Number" option and push the "OK" or "Select" key. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. The PAC code you receive will be valid for 30 days, so pass it on to your new network within this timeframe or youll have to start the process again. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. How to Activate a TracFone by Entering Numbers Into a Phone. You may have to repeat off and on a couple of times.Phones, on reboot pole towers at the startup to receive new instructions. Check your balance, refill or manage plans and phones with our 611611 text feature. I would like to keep it active for a year and then unlock it. Wait for some minutes for the network provider to activate your SIM Card. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Visit Community. Click on "Activate phone, add or buy airtime" in the sidebar. dropped my phone oin water, purchased new phone and want to transfer old number to new phone. Tracfone is a registered trademark of TracFone Wireless, Inc., a Verizon company. Hi Fireball. Basic International calling to over 100 destinations. Customers can contact the company at tfwunlockpolicy.com or by calling TracFone at 1-888-442-5102 to check eligibility and, if eligible, receive one of the following in exchange for their locked handset: A new unlocked handset for Lifeline customers. Once youve decided to change mobile phone network, youll need to request a PAC number from the company youre currently with. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. When I called the service number nothing seems to match up with what I need to do. All Rights Reserved. In order to change your phone number, you will need to contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183 and a representative will assist you with the process. Edited to add: After 24 hours with neither phone working, I called tech support, and they managed to get it working. The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work. 2 Can I take my TracFone number with me to another carrier? Performance information may have changed since the time of publication. I have the added problem of living in an area with limited coverage, but this isn't normally a problem. Verify your wireless account and inform the representative of your intent to deactivate your TracFone service. *Unlimited Carryover: For Unlimited Talk & Text Smartphone plans, any unused data after your service end date will carryover to the next cycle if active service is maintained and in use with any Unlimited Talk & Text Smartphone plan. See Keeping Tracfone Triple Minutes When You Change Phones. Hi tphone112. There are two ways to activate a phone: using a TracFone-branded phone or a different phone, like from AT&T. The correct way to do this is to get a new phone and SIM card and then transfer your number and balance from your current phone to the new phone. I have 142.08 minutes on the account and the service ends 03/20/2024. Follow these steps to restart your Tracfone activation: Remove and re-insert your SIM card into the device. This is a nine-digit code (three letters followed by six numbers) that allows you to move your number from one network to another this is known as porting. Next, you'll be asked if you want to keep your number. Hi CrankyBeach. If you're still having trouble, visit our Activation Troubleshooter. TracFones are prepaid phones that offer pay-as-you-go freedom without a contract. To follow along step by step with the video, go to your My Verizon Activate or Switch Device page. We would love to help you with it. So we've covered set up, but there's some other good stuff to know. Time to activate remains same as in earier message, but they got the phone straight this time. Looking for something for the long-haul? You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Four different kinds of cryptocurrencies you should know. As part of activating your new phone, tracfone will ask if you want to keep or transfer your current . You will find the serial number printed on the phone's battery. Take a look on your phone companys website to see its process for doing this or give it a call. Helping You Make Smart Financial Decisions. Can I take my TracFone number with me to another carrier? Ensure that the SIM Card is properly inserted into the SIM Card tray. If you arent sure whether investing is right for you, or which investments are right for you, please consult an authorised financial adviser. Select "Activate" Select "I have a Tracfone phone" Enter the phone's IMEI/MEID/Serial Number (located on the red activation card that came with the phone) Review and accept Tracfone's Terms & Conditions Continue answering the prompts based on your needs. When downloading and using the My Account App, standard data rates may apply. Auto-Refill available on select plans only. These affiliate links may generate income for our site when you click on them. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Tracfone Has You Covered, Enter the phones IMEI/MEID/Serial Number (located on the red activation card that came with the phone), Review and accept Tracfones Terms & Conditions. Luckily, switching over to a new phone is a simple process, and Tracfone customer service is available to help if needed. To activate and deactivate the airplane mode on your Android phone, follow these steps: On the home screen, swipe down from the top to display the quick access menu. T-Mobile phones must operate on Band II, IV, or Band 12 (in some areas) to use TracFone's 4G LTE network. However, if you have more than one number linked to your account, such as a family account, you wont be able to use this service. If you have an Android phone, at the to of the settings page type in 'Reset options' in the search box and follow that to 'Reset WiFi, mobile . by TracFone - Maria Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:56 pm, by TracFone - Maria Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:11 pm, by TracFone - Maria Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:11 pm, Users browsing this forum: AustinBo and 8 guests. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. We understand where you're coming from. Prices for monthly plans range from $9.99 to $40 per month. ", Begin the process of transferring your current phone number to TracFone by reading and agreeing to TracFone's Terms and Conditions, which will be listed on the page following the phone selection. The last bit of info I have for you is definitely the most important. It will ask what type of device you are using and offer two primary options. How do I get a new phone number on my TracFone? It should appear on the activation card that came in the box with your new phone. Android, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. Quick Answers: Taking a screenshot varies from phone to phone, but in general youll press and hold two buttons at the same time until the screen flashes and the image has been captured. In 2021, Tracfone was acquired by Verizon Wireless, so if you sign up for a new plan with Tracfone, you'll be on the Verizon Wireless network . Call the Tracfone company (number on website) and talk to the customer service. However, if you are switching from a smartphone to a basic phone, you will not be able to transfer any remaining minutes. Maybe. I got chat open but no one is responding in chat. If you are an existing customer with a TracFoneMyAccount, you can click the second button. Will I lose my triple minutes when I switch to my new phone? How do I activate an old TracFone number? The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. we will be happy to help you transfer your old phone number to your new phone. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. I recently bought a new tracfone, activated it and transferred my old tracfone telephone number to it. Only for personal use. Click. Extend your session by clicking OK below. Additional terms and conditions apply. Editorial Note: Forbes Advisor may earn a commission on sales made from partner links on this page, but that doesn't affect our editors' opinions or evaluations. As a small thank you, wed like to offer you a $30 gift card (valid at GoNift.com). Usually, TracFone devices have SIM cards preinstalled in the phone and automatically activate when you first turn on your phone. Learn more about the advantages of switching to Tracfone today. Lost sim card to phone sim card was active. Identify unknown numbers and block unwanted calls for Android only. Tracfone keeps up with you thanks to Unbeatable Nationwide Coverage with no contracts or extra costs just the phones and service you need to stay connected For the Moments That Matter. The process of transferring a phone number from a different service provider to TracFone can take up to 14 days to complete for a cell phone or up to 30 days if you're transferring a number from a landline. Click Troubleshoot a New Issue.