The short-block also featured line-honing, painting, and ARP main hardware. Since the 302 and 351W Ford motors share the same cylinder heads, it was easy to bolt on the 5.0L TorqStorm supercharger to the larger 351W. This chamber possesses its own dedicated oil supply and the inner perimeter O-ring seals the gearbox body to its cover. Though the Vortech generated a promising 620hp at 6,000rpm, its best torque delivery measured 546lb ft. Here is the link , please check it out.. let me know your thoughts. The Vortech performed with gusto but it was the early power delivery from the TorqStorm that revealed its most admirable quality. Al, pursue the longer stroke. Superchargers use spinning meshing lobes to carry air from one side to the other. TorqStorm Superchargers is a rapidly growing, popular supercharger for the average individual looking to make a significant horsepower and torque gain with their vehicle. Over at Super Chevy, they ran this stroker with a carbureted induction system and nitrous, but we chose fuel injection for this supercharged test. TorqStorm Superchargerss product manager, Chris Beardsley, has dealt with thousands of incoming queries in the first decade of the firms history. If you are an absolute speed demon looking to see just how fast you can go from 0 to 60, then a classic roots supercharger may be for you. But if you are running less than 12psi of boost and under 10:1 compression ratio with aluminum cylinder heads, and a blow-through carburetor or venturi-style throttle body fuel injection, insists Beardsley, you can still achieve significant power increases without an intercooler, even on pump gas. Additional components employed on the crate motor included a 28-ounce damper from Speedmaster, an MSD distributor, and aluminum roller rockers from Comp Cams. Our single supercharger is rated to support approximately 750-plus rwhp. My question is Id like to put it on the drivers side and am curious as to how the power steering pump mounts or if I need to change my bracketry with this setup? They are bulky and cant deliver the air in a consistent stream making them less practical than what has come since. Hello Wayne: We have a Buick 455 engine here, and that kit is steadily moving up our prototype list. The unit comes broke in and filled with 6oz of oil. Compressor wheel comprises 16 blades; eight main blades with eight shorter splitter blades. Thank you. Kits are available for a wide variety of different engines and vehicles, including oddball (but every bit beloved) combos like the Dodge Slant 6. The 69cc chambers combined with the 29cc dish pistons to produce a boost-friendly static compression of 8.8:1. Hello Thomas, Second, they would assess the TorqStorm supercharger and, third, repeat the process with a Vortech unit. The higher you rev it, the more boost the blower supplies, and the greater the power output. No more than I need to go make a fool of myself. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. TORQSTORM SUPERCHARGER SY. We do not build a supercharger for that Modular engine Ford. The 40 yr. old Buick GS Club of America (GSCA) is THE source for such items. Email us if you are purchasing a head unit to replace a unit in one of our full kits. _g1 = document.getElementById('g1-logo-mobile-inverted-source'); Hello Terry, ! We have many different variations and pricing for them. Hoping everyone had a great weekend. We ran this pulley upgrade on our 732-hp 408 stroker LS combination. The blower mounting bracket was easily installed, especially since we requested an extra aluminum standoff to replace a water pump mounting tab not found on the Meziere electric pump we used. We felt safe running this blower engine on pump gas for several reasons: the low (8.8:1) static compression, the low boost (peak of 6.7 psi), and the use of an (oversized) air-to-water intercooler. My engine is a stock 401 with cast iron cylinder heads and a 950hp Ultra carburetor. But when the TorqStorm was added it generated 627hpan improvement of 191hpwith 566lb ft torque at 5800rpm and showing a flat curve on the graph. The single superchargers are close to 1300cfm and have pushed the 800hp level. Sometime in the last decade or so, the original GT-40 heads had been replaced by a set of aluminum Holley heads. You can order from our website or give us a call. TorqStorm finishes their superchargers in natural alloy, black anodized or micro-polished and if someone were to ask me to name the single cleverest aspect of their new charger, Id point not to the rigidity of its billet construction or the superiority of its ceramic bearings. So, even when we were considering a turbo setup, we wanted to use the best-quality name-brand parts we could get for the least amount of money. In this way it reads boost and increases the fuel pressure by 1psi for each additional 1psi of boost. So if my big block Chevy is 10:5:1 or 10:1 with aluminum heads and a blow-through carb on pump gas, I shouldnt really have much of an issue running the superchargers? Im considering changing from my current setup which is a Weiand blower setup and going to TorqStorm. Hey guys, great article. We can say that, since its been engraved right on the unit itself. Blow-off valves are always a good idea to help eliminate the build-up of heat in the discharge tube and eliminate the blower-damaging pressure spikes that occurs when lifting off the throttle at high rpm/boost levels. } The supercharger was configured on the dyno without the benefit of a blow-off valve, something included in the kit. Cam profiles also have an influence. What is the approximate horsepower increase on this application from a TorqStorm single installment? This combination allowed us to successfully put the air/fuel ratio at 11.8:1 and get more than a little aggressive on total ignition timing (at 22 degrees). Related: torqstorm supercharger ls torqstorm supercharger sbc torqstorm supercharger mopar torqstorm supercharger hemi procharger torqstorm supercharger bbc torqstorm supercharger ford. For more information on the TorqStorm supercharger we are using and every other kit they make check out the TorqStorm website, here. Originally designed for a 5.0L (302) Ford application, the centrifugal supercharger offers billet-aluminum construction, a proprietary ceramic bearing system, and coating of internal components for temperature and wear control. With 11.3:1 compression ratio and cast-iron heads, your AMC engine will struggle to run a supercharger and avoid detonation. However, to realize maximum power with narrow lobe separation angles there is a sound argument for installing a more suitable cam. if ( localStorage.getItem(skinItemId ) ) { Because of the added cost of how much gas a supercharger can blow through in no time, a centrifugal Procharger may be a better option in the long haul if you are trying to be economic. Id like to see a test on what may be the smallest engine for which youve got a kit; the Slant Six perhaps? Boost is universally beneficial, meaning it can be applied to not only any combination, ranging from mild to wild, but also to any engine family. ProCharger p1sc Small Block Chevy Alt, PS, Water Pump, 10-15 Boost Combo. Also, how much additional power is it likely to make? After installation of the TorqStorm running 9.6 psi through a CSU blow-through carb, the boosted stroker produced 638 hp and 598 lb-ft of torque. This force-feeding of oxygen let the engine burn more fuel and jet more power, and is usually augmented with an improved exhaust system as well. *** Torqstorm Supercharger head units sold individual do not qualify for our warranty program. The success or failure in achieving this is affected by the camshafts lobe separation angles and valve overlap. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Call us with your details. We are going to get this thing on the dyno for baseline numbers, tackle the install, and see what kind of power we can make! This modified 302 produced over 600 hp thanks to the TorqStorm and intercooler. Unless you are able to be in a situation where you can safely and legally take your supercharger to its highest level, it might be more practical for you to go with a Procharger. They stand by their work with a lifetime warranty, too! There are a number of variables involved here: base power level, power level required, timing and airflow amount needed to achieve the required power level. Blow-through carburetors, which work in conjunction with centrifugal superchargers and turbochargers, operate with boosted pressure. Also Im curious if it works with the long-style water pump. was formed. Looking at the TorqStorm centrifugal supercharger, we couldnt help but wonder how much power it was capable of. Capable of flowing 1250cfm, Torqstorm Superchargers are able to support over 700hp individually, and over 1200hp with our Twin Supercharger kits!! Because we had it on hand from previous testing at Westech Performance, we also took the liberty of replacing the 750 Ultra XP carburetor with a dedicated blow-through carb from CSU. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Using a combination of drive pulleys, both crank and blower, combined with an internal step ratio (gearing inside the supercharger case), the supercharger impeller is spun up rapidly relative to engine speed. I have a TorqStorm on my Oldsmobile 8 liter. Continue with Recommended Cookies. 192 SB KIT 2V STREET (16 RIB, 2V ACC PULLEY, SINGLE CARB) [#3110]. TorqStorm Superchargers This part is legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles and Racing Use Only Vehicles. Purchasing a LSX 376 B15 this month and was leaning towards the Procharger for it. www.torqstorm.com, Pace Performance It would seem to be quite a powerful combination after you get everything sorted out with the tune. Do you have any dyno numbers for this kit on either the engine Im buying or similar LS? ProCharger p1sc Small Blo. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. _g1 = document.getElementById('g1-logo-inverted-source'); I would like to know if your company has a unit for the 455 Buick motor yet. The tests would include, first, confirming the power output of the naturally aspirated BluePrint 383 engine. We can make dirt cheap boostthe question we want to answer is, can we make affordable boost thats reliable and doesnt look like an 8-year-old slapped it together with duct tape? The 408 stroker was ready for a liberal dose of either nitrous or boost thanks to a flotilla of forged internals. Run with the TorqStorm supercharger on a mix of 91/100 octane, the combination produced 681 hp and 620 lb-ft of torque.