Ben Affleck height is about 6 feet and 4 Inches (192 cm), and his weight is round about 98 kg (216 lbs . Timothy Byers Affleck (Social Worker), the father of Ben was an aspiring playwright, who did a variety of jobs such as a bookie, carpenter, electrician, janitor, etc. When he was 11 years old, his parents divorced. [394] I really like and admire her tenacity and I wish her the best. I talk to my kids about their lives when I see them, and they share with me what they want to share.. Ben helped his mother during the harrowing incident, proving he is a dedicated son, much like he did when he publicly thanked Chris when he and Mattwon the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay forGood Will Huntingin 1998. . [122], While Affleck intended to "keep a primary emphasis on directing" going forward in his career,[123] he acted in three films in 2009. Height 6'4, Weight 216 lbs. [93] The show was cancelled by ABC after seven episodes due to low ratings. Casey Affleck's shoe size is 9 US. The film Argo (2012), which he directed, co-produced, and starred in, won him the Golden Globe Award, BAFTA, and Directors Guild Award for Best Director, as well as the Golden Globe Award, BAFTA, the Producers Guild Award, and the Academy Award for Best Picture.[142]. He appeared alongside the then-Senator at a 2006 rally, introducing him as "the most galvanizing leader to come out of either party, in my opinion, in at least a decade". [338] In 2012, political pundits and Democratic strategists including Bob Shrum and Tad Devine speculated that Affleck was considering running for a Massachusetts Senate seat. Timothy Byers Affleck: Mother's Name: Christine Anne Boldt: Education: George Washington University: Weight: 70 Kg: Hair Color: Dark Brown: Eye Color: Blue: Lucky Number: 2: Lucky Stone: . Affleck was born with the surname Affleck-Boldt but has since removed Boldt from his official surname. He is also a stalwart supporter of the Democratic Party. Coming to Ben Affleck's height he stands 6 ft 2 in tall and weighs 95 kg. Their height difference was not as obvious during red carpet events as Jennifer would be wearing high heels. . [67] Affleck starred opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy Forces of Nature (1999), playing a groom whose attempts to get to his wedding are complicated by his free-spirited traveling companion. Ben Affleck Height in feet: . His parents divorced when he was 11. . [34], After high school, Affleck moved briefly to New York in search of acting work. His parents are Timothy Affleck and Christine Boldt. [210], Affleck and Damon announced in November 2022 that they were setting up an independent production company called Artists Equity with funding from RedBird Capital Partners, in response to film studios refusing to share profits from their films with creative artists and restricting creative control. Jennifer Lopez, on the other hand, is a petite woman standing at 5 4 (1.64 m) and even when shes wearing sky-high heels, Ben Affleck towers over her significantly. [339] Affleck denied the rumor,[340] and joked that he "also won't be throwing my hat in the ring to run the U.N."[341], Affleck first dated Jennifer Lopez from 2002 to 2004. While filming Forces of Nature in 1998, Affleck befriended ten-year-old Joe Kindregan (19882015), who had the rare disease ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T), and his family. Since practically everybody else has weighed in on the Bennifer 2.0 discourse except, of course, for the two stars who comprise the portmanteau someone asked the actors 78-year-old father, Timothy Affleck, about his sons rekindled romance. Stephen Holden of The New York Times described Affleck as an actor "whose talent has curdled as his tabloid notoriety has spread,"[107] while Joe Leydon of Variety found his onscreen role as a father "affecting". found in U.S. Public Records Index, 1950-1993, Volume 1. Ben Affleck Height Weight Body Statistics. Given Ben Affleck's words with Howard Stern, the actor had a troubling relationship with his father prior to his fame. My dad had a more working-class lifestyle. "[172][173], Amidst an alcoholism relapse, Affleck did not work in 2017. She never told me nor did I ever infer that she was attacked by anyone. Their mother, Chris Ann, was a schoolteacher, and their father, Timothy Byers Affleck, was a social worker and an occasional actor. His real name is Benjamin Gza Affleck-Boldt. [7][8] His father, Timothy Byers Affleck,[9] was an aspiring playwright[9] who was "mostly unemployed. Besides, he is also a writer, Bartender, Janitor, Mechanic and Social Worker. . But, you know, there it is, part of our history We tend to separate ourselves from these things by going like, 'It's just dry history, and it's all over now'. Casey's maternal grandfather was of half German and half Irish ancestry. His body measurement is 39-33-13 inches. Height: 6'4" (193 cm), 6'4" Males. [189] David Sims of The Atlantic praised the "subtlety", "vulnerability" and "lumbering physicality" of his performance, describing it as "the rawest and most natural" work of his career. On top his parents divorce, Timothy also battled alcoholism when Ben was growing up. [424], Affleck won the 2004 California State Poker Championship, taking home the first prize of $356,400 and qualifying for the 2004 World Poker Tour final tournament. [250] He made an appearance at the Greater Boston Food Bank in 2007,[251] and at a Denver food bank in 2008. [248][249], Affleck is a member of Feeding America's Entertainment Council. He won the 2004 California State Poker Championship, getting the first prize of $356,400 and qualifying for the 2004 World Poker Tour final tournament. Ben was born on August 15, 1972, in California to a social worker, actor's father Timothy Byers Affleck and the mother of teachers, Christine Anne Affleck. I keep in touch periodically with her and have a lot of respect for her. Ben Affleck is a well-known American actor who was born on 15 August 1972. [188] Richard Lawson of Vanity Fair said it was hard to avoid the movie's "meta angle": "Affleck handles his self-conscious task with a generous humilitygiving a performance built not out of histrionics or big actor moments, but instead from the messy details of a man in a plateaued distress". [41] As a teenager, he appeared in the ABC after school special Wanted: A Perfect Man (1986),[43] the television film Hands of a Stranger (1987),[41] and a 1989 Burger King commercial. [295] However, Affleck was unable to vote due to a registration issue in New York, where he was residing at the time, and later joked, "I'm going to vote twice next time, in true Boston fashion. This would prove helpful later on, as she supported Affleck's struggles with alcoholism during their marriage and after they separated. Affleck's younger brother Casey Affleck also is a famed Hollywood . Before becoming a photographer, his father tried his hand at a variety of jobs. 'Hollywood is a disgusting place. Here is what you need to know about Ben Affleck's parents, Chris Anne Boldt and Timothy Affleck. He supported Al Gore in the final weeks of the 2000 presidential campaign, attending rallies in California,[293] Pennsylvania,[294] and Florida. [387] In 2013, Affleck and Garner hosted an event for lawmakers at their home in support of a bill that would protect celebrities' children from harassment by photographers; their six-year-old daughter made a speech about her personal experiences. Ben Affleck's first wife, Jennifer Garner, is on the taller side standing at 5 8 . Keep reading to learn all about the famous actors parents! Affleck was a longtime comic book fan, and, in 1999, had written a foreword for Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil about his love for the character of Daredevil. He learned to speak Spanish during a year spent travelling around the country with his mother and brother. Ben Affleck's father name is "Timothy Byers Affleck". Casey's brother is actor Ben Affleck, who was born in 1972. Ben Affleck had humble beginnings growing up in Cambridge. Part of being an adult is learning that your parents are just people. According to the actors' father Timothy, the brothers are simply victims of the entertainment world. Ben Affleck has previously addressed his fractured relationship with his father, who is now sober but struggled with alcoholism throughout the actors childhood. Ben Affleck Family Details: Father: Timothy Byers Affleck Mother: Christine Anne Boldt Siblings: Casey Affleck Spouse: Jennifer Lopez (m. 2022), Jennifer Garner (m. 2005-2018) Children: Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck, Violet Affleck, Samuel Garner Affleck Ben Affleck Career Highlights: First Film: The Dark End of the Street First TV Show: The Voyage of the Mimi [7] He decided to direct the crime drama The Town (2010), an adaptation of Chuck Hogan's novel Prince of Thieves. I really wish it wasn't on the internet for my kids to see. Timothy Byers Affleck: Mother: Christopher Anne Boldt: Height: . [12] He has said there are "real practical dangers" involved in paparazzi attention, citing Garner's longtime stalker, Steven Burky,[391] who was arrested in December 2009 while trying to blend in with paparazzi outside their daughter's preschool. the 15th of August, 1972 under the name Benjamin Geza Affleck-Boldt in the Berkeley, California, U.S. "[47][48] Affleck later said Linklater was instrumental in demystifying the filmmaking process for him. As per Celeb Heights, Ben Affleck is 1/4 of an inch taller than 6 feet 2 inches. With Christopher Ann Boldt (Parents : William O'Brien Boldt & Elizabeth N. Roberts 1921-2003) with. Although Chris and Timothy divorced back in 1984, the two were together for the first 11 years of Bens life. He then directed and starred in the crime drama The Town (2010) and the political thriller Argo (2012), both of which were critical and commercial successes. [150] Fincher cast him partly because he understood what it felt like to be misrepresented by tabloid media: "What many people don't know is that he's crazy smart, but since he doesn't want that to get awkward, he downplays it. [206][207] Affleck will reprise his role as Batman in The Flash and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, both releasing in 2023, in the form of cameo appearances. [174] He stepped down as director, writer and, ultimately, as the star of The Batman,[175] saying he "couldn't crack it"[176] and no longer felt "passionate" about the story. Family: Father - Christopher Anne Boldt Mother - Timothy Byers Affleck Sisters - N/A Brothers - Ben Affleck: Girlfriend: Caylee Cowan: Wife: Summer . Ben's father - Scotsman Tim Affleck - in his youth also wanted to be an actor. [409] His paternal uncle was an addict who died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. [115] He was awarded the Volpi Cup at the Venice Film Festival and was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor. [191] He received a Best Actor nomination at the 2021 Critics' Choice Awards. Casey Affleck is the younger brother of Ben Affleck who started his . It's just more to illustrate the point of this continual thing of everybody knowing and everybody being part of it, unwittingly or proactively. Ben Affleck Height and Weight. He lived at the facility for twelve years to maintain his sobriety[23] and worked there as an addiction counselor. "[21], Much of Affleck's ancestry is English, Irish, Scottish and German. [241] Affleck appeared in CinemAbility (2013), a documentary film which explores Hollywood's portrayals of people with disabilities. [25] In 2012, he supported the Draw the Line campaign, describing reproductive rights as "fundamental". They met on the set of Gigli which the two stars headlined. His father's name is Timothy Byers Affleck who did numerous work for living from being an auto mechanic, to a janitor at . [334] Also in 2019, he contributed to the congressional campaign funds of both Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar. [330] In 2020, he spoke at a virtual rally in support of Whitney Williams, a candidate in the 2020 Montana gubernatorial election. Tags: actor, director. [213][214][215], After travelling in the region between 2007 and early 2010, Affleck and Whitney Williams co-founded the nonprofit organization Eastern Congo Initiative in 2010. [313], During the latter stages of the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries, Affleck said during an interview conducted in Spanish: "I like Bernie, I like Biden, I like Warren but the thing is that most of all; I don't like Trump. Benjamin Affleck was born on August 15, 1972, in Berkeley, California in an Irish-Scottish family. Caleb Casey McGuire Affleck-Boldt was born on August 12, 1975, in Falmouth, Massachusetts, to Christopher Anne "Chris" Boldt and Timothy Byers Affleck. [69] Affleck then appeared opposite Courtney Love in the little-seen ensemble comedy 200 Cigarettes (1999). Ben Affleck height is 6 foot 2 inches (1.92 m) and his weight is 98 kg (216 lbs). . [268] During the Writers' Strike in 2008, Affleck voiced support for the picketers. Earlier this week, they were photographed holding hands while grabbing dinner with friends in Los Angeles. I never said to him, 'I was just raped.' Please share this post with your friends and keep visit on this website for . In Cambridge, Massachusetts, his mother worked as a teacher. [302][303] Affleck urged voters to "help make history" in a MoveOn.org campaign,[304] and made several appearances during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. [205] He also made a cameo appearance in Smith's Clerks III. [45] He played a high school quarterback in the NBC television series Against the Grain (1993), and a steroid-abusing high school football player in Body to Die For: The Aaron Henry Story (1994). Timothy Byers Affleck Wife. Benjamin Affleck-Boldt is a US filmmaker and actor. found in U.S. Public Records Index, 1950-1993, Volume 2. [240] In 2013, in celebration of Kindregan's 25th birthday and "15 years of friendship with Joe and his family," Affleck and Garner matched donations made to the A-T Children's Project. [231] During visits to Washington D.C., Affleck has testified before the House Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health and Human Rights,[232] the House Armed Services Committee,[233] the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,[234] and the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Projects. Father - Timothy Byers Affleck (Actor, Aspiring Playwright, Stage Manager, Carpenter, Auto Mechanic, Bookie, . [375] Affleck and Garner have three children together: daughters Violet Anne (born December 2005)[376] and Seraphina Rose Elizabeth (born January 2009),[377] and son Samuel Garner (born February 2012). Producer Jerry Bruckheimer convinced him that Affleck would be a star,[30] but he was required to lose weight, become tanned, and get his teeth capped before filming began. [351][352][353][354][355] According to Lopez, Affleck's discomfort with the media scrutiny was one reason for their split[356] and, years later, she described it as her "first real heartbreak": "I think different time, different thing, who knows what could've happened but there was a genuine love there. Christopher Anne Boldt was married to Timothy Byer Affleck who had worked as an actor and stage manager for the Theater Company of Boston. "[407], Affleck has both anxiety and depression,[408] and has taken antidepressants since age 26. "[446] She said she met Affleck after being sexually assaulted by Weinstein during the Sundance Film Festival in 1997 and told him, while crying, that she had "just come from Harvey's and he said, 'Goddamnit, I told him to stop doing that. He was formerly married to Jennifer Garner (m. 2005; div. Height: 192 centimeters: Weight: 98 kilograms: Eye: Hazel: Hair: Dark Brown: Wife: Jennifer Garner: Children: Seraphina Rose Elizabeth . [50] Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly described it as a "wholesome and quick-witted" performance. [273], Affleck appeared at a press conference with New York Senator Chuck Schumer in 2002, in support of a proposed Anti-Nuclear Terrorism Prevention Act. [242], As part of USO-sponsored tours, Affleck visited marines stationed in the Persian Gulf in 2003,[243] and troops at Germany's Ramstein Air Base in 2017. They are very happy together. Ben Affleck's family: parents and siblings. The first of these was Daredevil (2003), in which Affleck starred as the blind superhero. City. [128] Peter Travers of Rolling Stone described his performance as "a goofball delight",[129] while Manohla Dargis of The New York Times declared it "a real performance". Ben Affleck Ethnicity White and Birth Sign Leo. I think he learned how to skate on charm. Leo is his birth sign. [316] In 2013, he hosted a fundraiser for Cory Booker,[325] and made donations to the Senate campaigns of both Booker and Alison Lundergan Grimes. Well, Ben Affleck's age is 50 years old as of today's date 27th February 2023 having been born on 15 August 1972 . [124][125] Affleck played a congressman in the political thriller State of Play. [406][407] Two of his grandparents were alcoholics. [407][410] His aunt was a heroin addict. Height Comparisons. [195][196] Bilge Ebiri of New York Magazine was impressed by Affleck's "imperious" performance as the "wonderfully skeezy Pierre, a marvelously out-there creation who shouldn't work at all and yet becomes an engine of uneasy delights. [367] They were married in a Las Vegas ceremony on July 16, 2022,[368][369] with Affleck becoming stepfather to Lopez's twins. [199] The film premiered at the London Film Festival, with Clooney remarking that he cast Affleck because he is "very intelligent, and he can also come off as the big goomba. Ben Affleck Height -1.92 m, Weight -98 kg, Measurements -44" chest, 17" biceps, 36" waist, shoe size, batman, gf . [12][25] He and his brother, Casey, were surrounded by people who worked in the arts;[26] the boys regularly attended theater performances with their mother[27] and were encouraged to make their own home movies. [71][84] Robert Koehler of Variety described it as one of his "most thoroughly wrought" performances: "The journey into a moral fog compels him to play more inwardly and thoughtfully than he ever has before. "[296], Affleck was involved in the 2004 presidential campaign of John Kerry. Ben Affleck's Batman returns for 'Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom' with Jason Momoa", "Ben Affleck Says He Had 'Fun' Playing Batman in 'The Flash' After 'Justice League' Was 'Difficult' (EXCLUSIVE)", "Robert Rodriguez & Solstice Studios' Ben Affleck Pic 'Hypnotic' Slated To Start In September, Alice Braga Joins", "Ben Affleck and Matt Damon to Start Film Production Company", "ARRI Launches New Alexa 35 Motion Picture Camera With First Productions Underway", "Ben Affleck, Matt Damon Set Artists Equity Studio Launch with RedBird Capital Partners", "Ben Affleck To Direct Nike Drama For Amazon, Skydance Sports; Will Star Alongside Matt Damon", "Ben Affleck Launches Aid Group for Eastern Congo", "Ben Affleck Launches Initiative for Congo Aid", "Ben Affleck on Sustainable Aid in the Eastern Congo", "Ben Affleck Launches Initiative to Support Local Solutions in Eastern Congo", "Ben Affleck: How the United States Can Help Secure Congo", "Ben Affleck: Congo Urgently Needs U.S. Help", "Kony 2012: Westerners Are Not And Will Never Be The 'Saviors' Of Africa", "Ben Affleck Urges Hope in Eastern Congo Good Deeds, Ben Affleck", "Ben Affleck: Why I'm Hopeful About Congo", "Op-Ed: In the Democratic Republic of Congo, foreign aid matters", "In Conversation With Ben Affleck and Laurene Powell Jobs", "Ben Affleck, Bono, and Sting Help Bill Clinton Convene Final Clinton Global Initiative", "Congo Crisis Pairs Ben Affleck, Cindy McCain", "Ben Affleck Testifies in Congress About War-Torn Congo", "Affleck Casts Spotlight on Situation in Congo", "Ben Affleck, Bill Gates Nonprofits Praised at Senate Hearing", "Larry King Live: Interview With Ben Affleck", "Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner's Happy Marriage Slide 3", "Ben Affleck Heads Back To School To Honor Graduate", "Joe Kindregan On His Heartwarming Friendship With Ben Affleck Over The Years", "CinemAbility" Explores Current Civil Rights Movement and Marks 6th Installment Of "Kat Kramer's Films That Change The World", "Ben Affleck Supports Paralyzed Veterans", "Ben Affleck, Award-Winning Director, Producer and Actor, Joins Paralyzed Veterans of America in Helping to Support and Honor Our Nation's Injured Veterans", "Ben Affleck Joins Volunteers at Holiday Drive Kick-Off", "Affleck, Other Celebrities Help Volunteers Assemble Care Packages", "Ben Serves Up Helping Hand for Hub Food Bank", "A Little Concert Sponsored by Feeding America", "Matt Damon, Ben Affleck Reunite for Feeding America", "Ben Affleck Honored by Writers Guild With Valentine Davies Award", "Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's Poker Tournament Earns $1.75 Million for Coronavirus Relief", "Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively Donate $1 Million to Feeding America and Food Banks Canada", "Ben Affleck shows support for social services organization", "Ben Affleck Says Giving Back to Others Is a 'Really Powerful Thing to Do': 'It's Helpful to Me', "Ben Affleck Shares Smiling Photos from Charity Event: 'It Was a Pleasure to Be a Part of This', "The @midnightmission's meal service lines tripled this past weekend. His mother sent him to an Outward Bound wilderness camp for at-risk teenagers, having first considered a residential recovery program.