You can trust me to lead Texas down the conservative path at the Railroad Commission and help domestic oil and gas in Texas flourish while keeping our operations clean and safe!". Feb. 11, 2022 Updated: Feb. 15, 2022 12:27 p.m. Facebook Twitter Email. Cities | } } Nov. 8, 2022, The Timess election forecast is now running. Maximizing the benefits of natural resources for all Texans will ensure a robust Texas economy."[6]. This section includes candidate profiles created in one of two ways: either the candidate completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey, or Ballotpedia staff compiled a profile based on campaign websites, advertisements, and public statements after identifying the candidate as noteworthy. . Eight counties that voted Yes on the proposal also voted for the Republican candidate for governor, Tudor Dixon. Republicans would need just two tossup seats beyond what they are favored to win. on june 30, 1998 the texas railroad commission adopted the use of production adjustment factors to be applied to preliminary monthly crude oil and gas well gas production to estimate actual production. border-radius: 50%; }. What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office? Incumbent Wayne Christian and attorney Sarah Stogner advanced from the Republican primary election for a seat on the Texas Railroad Commission on March 1, 2022. , Senator Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire was re-elected, holding on to one of Democrats most vulnerable seats in a tight contest for Senate control. I love Texas and I love my country. background-color: #003388; padding-top: 8px; Click on a candidate's name to visit their Ballotpedia page. Follow our live analysis and the latest updates. .electionsectionheading { Oh man - I love a good pun. 1, Jrmar Jefferson had won 46% of the vote with 90% reporting; he will face Victor Dunn, who took 28% of the vote, in a runoff election to be the Democratic candidate. Nov. 8, 2022, The Georgia Senate race, which could go to a Dec. 6 runoff, could determine which party controls the chamber. Nov. 8, 2022, Senator Raphael Warnock is out with an early lead in Georgia, but it could all be just a mirage. Texas Railroad Commissioner Race Your Vote Counts Ballot Information 2022 General Election Candidates All Democratic Candidates Green Party Candidates Independent Candidates Libertarian Candidates Reform Party Candidates Republican Candidates Wayne Christian Republican Party Incumbent Hunter Wayne Crow Green Party Jaime Andres Diez The Times estimates the share of votes reported and the number of remaining votes, based on historic turnout data and reporting from results providers. Because Alaska uses ranked choice voting, we may not know the winner until Nov. 23. width: 100%; I am willing to do what others won't - as evidenced by my work as a floor hand on oil rigs. Nov. 8, 2022, In Washington State, Senator Patty Murray is facing a strong Republican challenge, though she remains favored to win. Year in Review Publication. His website lists endorsements from U.S. Sen Ted Cruz (R) and three members of Texas' delegation to the U.S. House of Representatives. .non_result_row { What do you believe are the core responsibilities for someone elected to this office? NYT Graphics , Vicente Gonzalez, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Texas 34th Congressional District. While Tuesdays election represented a strong performance by a first-term presidents party, the individual showings of Senate candidates varied widely. I want to leave a legacy of beating the odds, helping facilitate difficult changes, and ushering in the next era of Texas energy independence. .votebox-results-cell--check { Unicorns do exist - never let people tell you that doing the right thing is impossible. Texas Railroad Commissioner election, 2022 (March 1 Republican primary) Elections in Texas, 2022 Primary date: March 1 Mail-in registration deadline: Jan. 31 Online reg. $(".expand-all").on('click', () => { Democrats also won the Governors office, State Senate, and appear poised to take the State Assembly, and voters affirmed abortion rights in the state. | padding:7px 8px 8px; Ballot measures, Who represents me? } color: #6db24f; Senator Lisa Murkowski, a Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka. RRC's 2022 Year in Review publication looks back on a year of numerous accomplishments and shows an agency that is constantly evolving and adjusting as it works to improve in its regulation of the oil and gas industry, pipeline safety, critical gas infrastructure, coal and uranium surface mining, natural gas utilities and alternative fuel safety Research: Josh Altic Vojsava Ramaj Vance won Ohio handily even as almost every part of the state voted more for Democrats than they did in 2020. What is the first historical event that happened in your lifetime that you remember? Individuals registering for RRC alternative fuel training, continuing education and exam events will now register using the Certification Exam Registration & Training System orCERTS. Oversight, management, regulations and enforcement of the rules of law. } .race_header.libertarian { .outer_percentage { In Ariz., Mont., Neb. })(); The tables below contain data from financial reports submitted to state agencies. . Stacey Abrams has conceded to Brian Kemp, the Republican governor of Georgia. I don't see my self as a politician, but a problem solver. Pipeline operators and excavators were assessed $445,100 for violations of the Commissions Pipeline Damage Prevention rules. position: relative; border-bottom: 1px solid grey; Nov. 8, 2022, Nevada is the last big swing state of the day, and virtually everything is up for grabs: The races for Senate, three House seats, governor and secretary of state. Ballotpedia does not edit or correct typographical errors unless the candidate's campaign requests it. ", "I have over 18 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. However the state already bans abortions, and that is unlikely to change. Christian faces an unusual opponent in the runoff election. , Gov. The polls just closed in Montana, Utah and parts of Nevada, Idaho and Oregon. In two states, shifts in state power could lead to new restrictions. . .non_result_row th { } Polls just closed in 19 states and Washington, D.C. I am a man of action. display: block; Any edits made by Ballotpedia will be clearly marked with [brackets] for the public. position: relative; Heres the state of the closest races: Updated: Sep 26, 2022 / 12:31 PM CDT AUSTIN (KXAN) The Democrat running to unseat the Republican chairman of the Railroad Commission of Texas announced an endorsement Monday from the. Commissioner Wayne Christian A lifelong conservative businessman, Wayne Christian was elected as our 50 th Texas Railroad Commissioner in November 2016. .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { In U.S. House Dist. float: left; In these midterms, New York is an unexpected battleground. How long did you have it? margin-top: 0px; I am a fiscal conservative and value maximizing efficiency and cutting waste. } So if I have to name a struggle, it's the constant change that comes with moving frequently. }. --subtitle-background: #334aab; Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. They defeated Tom Slocum Jr., Marvin Summers, and Dawayne Tipton in the Republican primary for Texas Railroad Commission on March 1, 2022. deadline: N/A In-person reg.

. In Floridas closely watched governors race, Gov. Stogner received 15.2% of the vote. The commission does not regulate the railroad industry, but instead oversees the oil and gas business in Texas. Tony Evers won a second term as governor of Wisconsin, giving Democrats a foothold in a critical presidential battleground. State and local courts | I love Texas and I love my country.". Jocelyn Benson, the Democratic secretary of state who has confronted repeated harassment from far-right election deniers, won re-election to her post in Michigan. Maggie Astor The section below shows responses from candidates in this race who completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey. AUSTIN The race for the Texas Railroad Commission pits a first-time political candidate who would like to see the state transition to renewable energy sources . There are reasons we have the regulations we have, and we must protect our groundwater and keep the oil and gas moving. But I truly admire my 7 year old daughter who has inspired me to run. What is something that has been a struggle in your life? (function() { display: none; natural gas companies weatherize their facilities. Michiganders are voting on abortion rights. Tech: Matt Latourelle Nathan Bingham Ryan Burch Kirsten Corrao Beth Dellea Travis Eden Tate Kamish Margaret Kearney Eric Lotto Joseph Sanchez, [[Category: Marquee, completed election, 2022]. Another candidate, Marvin Sarge Summers, died in early February on the campaign trail when his vehicle collided with a tanker truck in Midland. Provide the public access to information and facilitate efficiencies with regulated industries through communications and technologies. } Nov. 9, 2022, More than 210 Republicans who questioned the 2020 election have won seats in the U.S. House and Senate and in state races for governor, secretary of state and attorney general, according to results as of 12 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday. These ballots, which in 2020 favored Trump, were not enough to tilt the election in favor of the Republican candidate Kari Lake. The RRC has a responsibility to Texas property owners. display: none; z-index:1; .inner_percentage.Republican { Nov. 10, 2022, Support for the abortion proposal was stronger than support for reelected Governor Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, in 76 of the states 83 counties. ", On his campaign website, Christian said, "A clean environment and a thriving oil and gas industry are not mutually exclusive. I personally consider the RRC's responsibility to the Texans citizens as the most important. The Railroad Commission of Texas Look Back at a Year of Achievements and Growth for the RRC in 2022 Year in Review Publication Christi Craddick Chairman Wayne Christian Commissioner Jim Wright Commissioner Recent Announcement RRC Online General Maintenance Sunday March 02, 2023 Read More Announcements Railroad Commission of Texas Election 2022 Texas Results Takeaways Governor Attorney General Texas Railroad Commissioner Primary Election Results Republican Primary Runoff Wayne Christian and Sarah Stogner have. Nov. 9, 2022, House districts rated as tossups have been called mostly in favor of Democrats so far, with one state as a glaring exception: New York. padding-right: 62px; Christian said on his website that he has a record of fighting against unnecessary regulations and said he "believes all regulations should be consistent, predictable, and based on sound science. age 8. } .votebox_bp_logo { Chris Pappas, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent New Hampshires First Congressional District. background-color: #6db24f; A 32-year-old former top staffer for the Texas Democratic Party is running for a spot on the three-person commission regulating the states oil and gas industry, hoping to unseat Republican incumbent Wayne Christian with a chief focus on the power grid failure earlier this year. padding: 20px; } Matt Sterett defeated Charlie Stevens in the Libertarian convention for Texas Railroad Commission on August 3, 2020. Republicans have won in four of five New York tossup seats, and the Republican candidate is ahead in the fifth. font-style: italic; James Wright defeated Chrysta Castaeda, Matt Sterett, and Katija Gruene in the general election for Texas Railroad Commission on November 3, 2020. padding-bottom: 8px; .image-candidate-thumbnail { John Fetterman defeated the celebrity TV host Dr. Mehmet Oz, flipping Pennsylvanias Senate seat to the Democrats. Heres what the vote count could look like this year. For more on how we identify key messages, click here. Reporting by Grace Ashford, Maggie Astor, Michael C. Bender, Sarah Borell, Sarah Cahalan, Emily Cochrane, Nick Corasaniti, Jill Cowan, Catie Edmondson, Reid J. Epstein, Nicholas Fandos, Lalena Fisher, Trip Gabriel, Katie Glueck, J. David Goodman, Blake Hounshell, Shawn Hubler, Annie Karni, Maya King, Stephanie Lai, Lisa Lerer, Jonathan Martin, Patricia Mazzei, Alyce McFadden, Jennifer Medina, Azi Paybarah, Mitch Smith, Tracey Tully, Jazmine Ulloa, Neil Vigdor and Jonathan Weisman; production by Andy Chen, Amanda Cordero, Alex Garces, Chris Kahley, Laura Kaltman, Andrew Rodriguez and Jessica White; editing by Wilson Andrews, Kenan Davis, William P. Davis, Kennedy Elliott, Amy Hughes, Ben Koski, Allison McCartney and Karen Workman. Warford is the only Democratic candidate. } Maggie Astor One of three seats on the Commission . @media only screen and (min-width: 600px) { 100% remote. } font-style: italic; Tom Slocum Jr., who hails from a prominent Houston oil family, has appointed a campaign treasurer for the race but has not announced his plans yet. Lazaro Gamio vertical-align: middle; Weve got some very uncomfortable things we need to talk about. , Gov. padding-top: 30px !important; if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? The suit argues that High Roller Environmental did not properly notify nearby property owners before seeking project approval from the commission. More than 200 Republicans who questioned or denied the 2020 election results have won in the midterms so far. Who do you look up to? Christian finished second to Gary Gates in the seven-candidate field in the 2016 Republican primary and defeated Gates in the runoff, 51% to 49%. Colorados Third District is leaning toward Lauren Boebert, an ardent supporter of Donald Trump, according to our estimates. Show us with your support. Do you believe that it's beneficial for holders of this office to have previous experience in government or politics? Ron DeSantis winning the early vote in Miami-Dade County which voted for Hillary Clinton by +29 points just six years ago is yet another sign of growing Republican strength among Hispanic voters. John Fetterman, a Democrat, and Dr. Mehmet Oz, a Republican. The Book - Good to Great by Jim Collins, written over 25 years ago. As such, the RRC is vital to Texas. , Tina Kotek, a Democrat, fended off two well-funded challengers in the race for governor of Oregon. Republicans need to flip only one seat to gain control of the Senate, while Democrats need to keep 50 seats to maintain control. Cisco Aguilar, a Democratic lawyer, defeated Jim Marchant, a leading promoter of election conspiracy theories, in the race to be Nevadas secretary of state. Do you want a spreadsheet of this type of data? $52,100. "I love this industry and Texans deserve better than Waynes empty sound bites.". Alicia Parlapiano Length of employment. ", Christian said that during his first term in office he has been "fighting against Biden Administration efforts like the Green New Deal, CLEAN Future Act, and the Paris Climate Agreement. Lazaro Gamio Incumbent Wayne Christian and Sarah Stogner advanced to a runoff. .race_header { In Colorado, a measure to decriminalize certain psychedelics is close but yet to be decided. .results_table_container { Christian received a bachelor's degree in business from Stephen F. Austin University in 1973. Nov. 9, 2022, The Senate races in Georgia, Nevada and Arizona are very tight, and vote counting is expected to drag into the week. He is facing a primary challenge from Dwayne Tipton, a longtime oil-and-gas worker from Killeen. Lazaro Gamio [8], Christian was one of two commissioners who approved the project on Dec. 8, 2020. Submitted Biography: "I am an experienced oil and gas attorney focusing on bringing fair, predictable, and effective leadership to the Railroad Commission of Texas. .inner_percentage.Libertarian { Ballotpedia defined those won by Trump won as Retained Pivot Counties and those won by Joe Biden (D) as Boomerang Pivot Counties. The remaining vote there could tighten the race as it is counted. I am a Texas Oil & Gas Compliance Consultant by trade. text-align: left !important; She will be one of the nations first openly lesbian governors. a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { Nov. 8, 2022, Democrat Tim Ryan leads Republican J.D. I have real industry experience in the field and in the office. In Railroad Commission runoff, GOP candidates court North Texas voters who want them to change agency's confusing name. Maggie Astor left: 0px; .inner_percentage { .image-candidate-thumbnail { "[9], Sarah Stogner released a TikTok video in February 2022 where she appeared on a piece of oil pumping equipment topless and in her underwear with the caption, "They said I needed money. Since taking office, Commissioner Christian has been appointed by Governor Greg Abbott to the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC) as the Official Representative of Texas. padding-bottom: 3px; .votebox-scroll-container { Streamline the ERCOT & FERC licensing processor expedite the approval of new power substations connected to flared gas. Perhaps it goes without saying but producing quality journalism isn't cheap. , Brian Kemp, the Republican governor of Georgia, defeated his Democratic challenger, Stacey Abrams, for a second time. Experienced regulatory pipeline safety inspector with a demonstrated history of working in the oil & gas energy industry . } Nov. 14, 2022, With Senator Cortez Mastos victory in Nevada, Democrats will retain Senate control, even if Republicans win a run-off election in Georgia. Jun 2019 - Present3 years 10 months. Maggie Astor Races to watch include those in the 17th, 18th, 19th and 22nd Congressional Districts, as well as the contest for governor. Christian was originally elected to the commission in 2016, defeating Grady Yarbrough, 53% to 38%, for an open seat after David Porter did not seek re-election. Nov. 9, 2022, Voters in three states enshrined lasting protections for abortion rights in their state Constitutions. TEXAS, USA On Tuesday, Texans headed to the polls to cast their ballots in the 2022 Texas primary election. position: absolute; padding-left: 0; margin: 0 !important; width: 65px; Beto ORourke performed better than expected in these majority-Hispanic counties. } , Raphael Warnock, Democrat, advances to a runoff election for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. State officials say that counting all of the votes may take several days. Median salary. background: #f5f5f5; Were tracking the remaining uncalled House races, and the most recently called races, as states continue to count the remaining votes. } J.D. , David Valadao, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Californias 22nd Congressional District. As part of her efforts to modernize the agency, Craddick has championed an Information Technology overhaul at the Commission, seeking improvements that would upgrade the Geographic Information System, increase public access to the agency's data, and speed up inspections and permitting times. padding-bottom: 0px; , Matt Cartwright, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvanias Eighth Congressional District. .non_result_row div { , The Hillbilly Elegy author and Republican J.D. "We need someone with oilfield experience overseeing the industry who isnt bought and paid for," Stogner told the Tribune. display: inline-block; Brian Kemp gained more votes compared to Trump in 2020 all across Georgia, beating Stacey Abrams by a more than seven-point margin. Nate Cohn } Our mission is to serve Texas by our stewardship of natural resources and the environment, our concern for personal and community safety, and our support of enhanced development and economic vitality for the benefit of Texans. I love the Oil & Gas Industry and I'm committed to keeping our workers safe and our environment clean. View each candidates loan totals, if any, by clicking View More in the table below and learn more about this data here. Marvin Summers filed as a candidate and died in an automobile accident on February 8, 2022, while traveling from a campaign appearance in Midland, Texas. However, the inherent graphical nature of the Public GIS Viewers and the volumes of data represented make accessibility more difficult. Its giving Yesli Vega, the Republican candidate, an edge over incumbent Abigail Spanberger, though this could be temporary. width: 35px !important; Read more Mandela Barnes, delivering a critical victory for Republicans. font-size: 20px; font-size: 2em; Nov. 8, 2022, These charts show how the reported vote margin (the dashed line) compares with our estimated final margin (the solid line, surrounded by bands of uncertainty) over time. State Board of Education (15 seats) One of my first vivid historical memories was when Princess Diana died. As a nonprofit newsroom, we rely on members to help keep our stories free and our events open to the public. ", "I am an experienced oil and gas attorney focusing on bringing fair, predictable, and effective leadership to the Railroad Commission of Texas. if (typeof $ != 'undefined') { display: table; While the three majority-Hispanic counties Hendry, Miami-Dade and Osceola shifted the most, Latino turnout tends to drop more in the midterms compared with other groups. Ballotpedia asks all federal, state, and local candidates to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. We need to include all stakeholders (including operators, landowners, mineral owners, regulators, and the general public) at the table as we usher in the next era of Texas energy independence. All Texans deserve access to clean, reliable, and affordable energy. Nov. 8, 2022, Its still early, but Fetterman is running ahead of Biden in five Pennsylvania counties that have reported nearly all of their votes. .question-scroll-container { John Fetterman has been locked in a bitter contest against Mehmet Oz, the Republican celebrity doctor. It has a responsibility to Texas workers. $('.collapse').collapse('show'); They also criticized his response to the freeze. bottom: 2px Sixteen dockets involved $153,399 in penalties after operators failed to appear at Commission enforcement proceedings. As a lifelong Republican I am running to be your Railroad Commissioner so I can fight hard for Texas conservative values! . I served in the U.S. Army for 21 years and the Oil & Gas Industry for 30 years. Voters in Kentucky narrowly rejected an amendment to the State Constitution that would have said there is no right to abortion in their state. , Dina Titus, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Nevadas First Congressional District. Albert Sun I also understand how to free market can deliver results if unleashed properly. The first polls are closing in Indiana and Kentucky. No - I think the problem with 2 out of 3 of the current officials is that they are career politicians. border: 1px solid #999; The Railroad Commission of Texas, or RRC, also oversees and enforces state and federal laws for energy industries in Texas. Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia is one of the most vulnerable Democrats in the Senate. Look Back at a Year of Achievements and Growth for the RRC in 2022. by Alejandra Martinez and Erin Douglas Nov.. Federal courts | Nov. 9, 2022, The feared Democratic collapse along the Rio Grande didnt materialize. } Ron DeSantis won re-election in Florida, cementing Republicans power in a state that was once a key battleground. Heres how they performed when compared with the 2020 presidential candidates. . Tom Slocum Jr. (R), Sarah Stogner (R), Marvin Summers (R), and Dawayne Tipton (R) completed Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey. Christian's professional experience includes working in business, banking, and real estate and owning a financial services business. Only one seat is up for election in 2022. I know the regulations, why we have them, and I know how to make minor tweaks if need be to adjust if needed. He also served in the Texas House of Representatives from 1997 to 2013. margin: 0; font-weight: 300; by Patrick Svitek .panel-body p { Jen Kiggans, Republican, wins U.S. House seat to represent Virginias Second Congressional District. 194. border: 1px solid #999; , Kim Schrier, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Washingtons Eighth Congressional District. font-weight: 300; Incumbent Wayne Christian and oil and gas lawyer Sarah Stogner pitched . height: 22px; } } I have had to pull up my bootstraps and word really hard for everything I have. What we expect this year top: -1px; Nov. 9, 2022, With more counties nearly finished counting, things keep looking better for Lt. Gov. Alicia Parlapiano padding-bottom: 5px; background-color: green; Were getting results from five states where voters are deciding whether to legalize marijuana. Of these 206 counties, one is located in Texas, accounting for 0.5 percent of the total pivot counties.[13]. The power to enforce regulations and access fines. February 25, 2022, 4:24 PM, CST. "The choice in May couldn't be clearer: a pro-oil and gas businessman endorsed by virtually every conservative watchdog group and industry trade association, or a liberal lawyer that will increase regulations on the oil and gas industry and embarrass the Republican Party with her pro-choice and anti-Second Amendment positions," Travis McCormick, Christian's campaign spokesman, told The Texas Tribune on Wednesday. Heres where we think votes remain. Nov. 8, 2022, The shift to the right has been dramatic among counties in Florida reporting nearly all their votes. height: 50px; Christian's professional experience includes working in business, banking, and real estate and owning a financial services business. Lazaro Gamio , Republicans formally captured 218 House seats, a delayed yet consequential finish to the 2022 midterm elections. The RRC in particular is not a role for sitting on the sidelines. , Eric Sorensen, Democrat, wins U.S. House seat to represent Illinoiss 17th Congressional District. How can you responsibly regulate an industry that you have zero experience in, or understanding of? } a[aria-expanded=false] .fa-chevron-down { External Relations: Moira Delaney Hannah Nelson Caroline Presnell Chris Deluzio, Democrat, wins U.S. House seat to represent Pennsylvanias 17th Congressional District. State legislature | --title-background: #334aab; var nTimer = setInterval(function() { Clean environment. } Apply today! .votebox { In high school I worked at a sandwich shop and the Gap. Interns wanted: Get paid to help ensure that every voter has unbiased election information. } 4. He said his relatively limited experience is a plus because Texans have seen for a long time what happens when people from the industry are expected to regulate., Its clearly not working, Warford said. .question-scroll-container { background-color: #db0000; .votebox-results-metadata { The latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll found that voters are very dissatisfied with how lawmakers responded to the crisis, with 18% approving and 60% disapproving. I want to put Texas families first. } Laura Kelly, Democrat, is re-elected as governor of Kansas. Katija Gruene advanced from the Green convention for Texas Railroad Commission on April 18, 2020. .answers-container { Click here to contact our editorial staff, and click here to report an error. border-right: 1px solid #ddd; There were no incumbents in this race. Ron DeSantis, a hard-right conservative, is facing Representative Charlie Crist, a former Republican governor who switched parties. In Virginia, the performances of Democratic incumbents in the 2nd and 7th districts may offer early indications of how the party will fare in House races overall. Nov. 10, 2022, More than 200,000 Georgia voters cast ballots for Brian Kemp, Republican candidate for governor, but did not vote for Herschel Walker in the Senate race. Most Texans don't understand what the Railroad Commission does - the name is antiquated since the agency no longer has any control over the railroads. Eventually, the Legislature added oil and gas drilling permits, surface mining, natural gas utilities, and oil and gas pipelines to the agencys purview while moving regulation of railroads to the Texas Department of Transportation in 2005. Nov. 9, 2022, Cortez Masto is behind in Nevada at the moment, but there are a lot of votes left in Clark and Washoe, counties home to the state's largest cities. font-size: 12px; Janet Mills of Maine. margin-bottom:16px; The Railroad Commission of Texas (Commission) is committed to making its website accessible to all users. } It's time the RRC has someone with industry experience and knows how the RRC policies affect the industry from the board room to the guys working on the rigs. Texas Railroad Commissioner Runoff Election Results In this surprising runoff for a seat on the Railroad Commission, which regulates the oil and gas industry and came under scrutiny after.