Find out the facts about National Register districts and local preservation districts in the City of Rochester. It is small, but special. It is small, but special. We ranked the neighborhoods from best to worst in the chart below. Featured Review: Current Resident says We have lived in East Rochester for five years and love it. What I like most about Churchville is the sense of community. Featured Review: Current Resident says I have lived in the town of Brockport my entire life. Most homes in Browncroft are owner occupied. The Christ- centered, Gospel focused ministry of this school is a blessing to all who enter the door. 7,043,501 and 7,680,859. I would choose to live here again in a heartbeat, and plan to raise my children here. Walking distance to stores and restaurants. The Richest Neighborhoods In Rochester For 2022 Cobbs Hill ( Homes) Browncroft ( Homes) Park Avenue ( Homes) Homestead Heights ( Homes) Culver-Winton ( Homes) Ellwanger-Barry ( Homes) Strong ( Homes) East Avenue ( Homes) Swillburg ( Homes) #21 Best Places to Live in Rochester Area. Featured Review: Niche User says I am lucky because I live in a very wonderful, diverse and privileged area in the city, where I am exposed to many cultures, but still get to benefit from access to suburban facilities, and well kept. Niche User: Close to lots of things, bars, restaurants, great community for the Deaf and LGBT. Read 2 reviews. There is a weekly. Current Resident: We've lived in the neighborhood for a little over a year and we absolutely love it! I live in an apartment, all of my neighbors are so good and we all love each other. During winter, Rochester averages 26 degrees. There are trails to walk on, with fitness stations along the walk. This is our ninth time ranking the best neighborhoods to live in Rochester. Featured Review: Niche User says There are not a lot of crimes in my area. Buy: $25K - $190K. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars. Read 37 reviews. The community is extremely supportive and helpful. 43 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. Park Avenue is a neighborhood found on the Southern side of Rochester. 8 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. 5 Niche users give it an average review of 3.2 stars. 8 Niche users give it an average review of 3.1 stars. Featured Review: Niche User says I love the Swillburg Neighborhood ! They recognized my son had a difficult time focusing and made the effort to get him the support he needed to manage it. Featured Review: Current Resident says I think historic neighborhood is a wonderfully beautiful area. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars. 38 Niche users give it an average review of 3.4 stars. Scottsville a quiet, beautiful village. By sending this Report you agree to NeighborhoodScout's, Real Estate in Popular Rochester Neighborhoods. Brockport has always been a very safe and supportive community that I love. The people are friendly. Well, at least on Monroe Ave. The town was recently awarded a $10 Million grant from NYS for urban development. The kids love it in the winter time to go sledding and snowboarding. Read 66 reviews. #20 Best Places to Live in Rochester Area. Brockport is a moderately sized suburban town with a plethora of grocery stores, fast food restaurants, clothing stores, servicing facilities, doctors' offices, and much more. The only thing I dislike is the harsh winter season. Featured Review: Niche User says Very rarely in the news regarding crime and safety. Select your ideal criteria and let Scout do the rest. . Niche User: There are not a lot of crimes in my area. 44 Niche users give it an average review of 2.6 stars. As well as good teachers there are also many opportunities to join clubs, activities and sports. Home to the Wide Waters of the Erie Canal, this is the widest section of the whole canal! 18 Niche users give it an average review of 4.4 stars. For example, a kid in my neighborhood was recently diagnosed with cancer and our community has been doing several things to help support their family during his hard time. Welcome to the Crime Mapping System of the Rochester Police Department (RPD). This area of Rochester is better than many areas because of our relationships with each other.. Current Resident: Small city located near Canandaigua Lake, this community is easy to navigate through (even rush hour isn't awful) as well as enjoying summer and winter activities. #13 Best Suburbs to Live in Rochester Area. Niche User: The area seems safe, it's well kept and the neighbors are nice. Read 5 reviews. There are trails to walk on, with fitness stations along the walk. We have plenty of community programs available to all. When issues arise or are reported in the news, it appears as though the police. Current Resident: I have lived in Macedon for 20 years. And finally, we crowned the neighborhood with the lowest best neighborhood index the "Best City Neighborhood In Rochester." "White Flight" has segregated our city, pushed the property values down, thusly lowering tax revenue and indirectly defunding public schools, parks and programs. Parent: Our child has been at this school since grade 6. Everyone you meet is friendly and willing to lend a hand if needed - whether it be shoveling your driveway in the winter or making sure you get your garbage can back when it flies away in the wind. If you're measuring the neighborhoods in Rochester where crime is low and everyone wants to live, this is an accurate list. Friendly neighbors and great streets for walking dogs.. Current Resident: I love everything about Fairport! Affordable cost of living and an engaged local community. 81 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. Affordable cost of living and an engaged local community. Low crime and really nice people. Read 43 reviews. #14 Best Suburbs to Live in Rochester Area. 6 Niche users give it an average review of 3.2 stars. Ranking based on Niche's 2022 Best Places to Live Ranking and includes only places that earned strong Crime & Safety grades. 50 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. 12 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Featured Review: Niche User says The city of Rochester is more energetic and more accepting of minorities (of all kind) than the suburbs, I've noticed. Featured Review: Current Resident says If you like a small town, with friendly neighbors its the perfect place. #21 Best Places to Live in Rochester Area. All showings must follow Covid 19 guidelines. Featured Review: Current Resident says I have lived in the town of Brockport my entire life. The community is close and the schools are. Current Resident: I personally like the Town of Palmyra because it is a small community with many oppurtunitys. Median house prices in Corn Hill, Rochester, NY are $345,502, meaning Corn Hill homes are similar to the US median of $376,286. Eastridge Senior High School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) school and it offers many opportunities to the students who. Parent: Our family is absolutely grateful to The Harley School. Overall, Macedon is a good place to raise a family. Read 14 reviews. Featured Review: Current Resident says Honeoye Falls can be described as the perfect small town from a movie. Brockport is a moderately sized suburban town with a plethora of grocery stores, fast food restaurants, clothing stores, servicing facilities,. Current Resident: Very small town, and everyone knows everyone. C+. The people are friendly, and will welcome you with open arms. Many singles consider Rochester a good place to live without being in a really big city, with opportunities for friendships and fun with others like themselves. We have frequent ambulances coming each week to take care of the elderly or take them to the. Niche User: I love Rohester, NY. #11 Best Places to Live in Rochester Area. Featured Review: Current Resident says Ive been living here for 12 years. I'd known friends who lived here for a while, and now that I'm actually living here, I know why they loved it so much. Park Avenue is one of the safest neighborhoods in the Rochester with a crime rate that is lower than the national average. Featured Review: Current Resident says The one most important thing I like about Irondequoit is the schools. 16 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. 3 beds, 1 bath, 1165 sq. We use data, analytics, and a sense of humor to determine quality of life for places across the nation. Featured Review: Parent says SCHOOLS ARE STILL TERRIBLE AND THERE IS SOME CRIME BUT NOT IN THE DIRECT PART WHERE I LIVE. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. #1 Best Suburbs to Live in Rochester Area. Plenty of shopping and restaurants,. Current Resident: One thing that I like about Webster is the community. Just walking around the neighborhood and seeing what it has to offer is enough to get me to renew my lease. Read 13 reviews. I'd known friends who lived here for a while, and now that I'm actually living here, I know why they loved it so much. 32 Niche users give it an average review of 3 stars. Home to the Wide Waters of the Erie Canal, this is the widest section of the whole canal! The public schools have great athletics, music programs, theater programs, and academics. People are friendly and concerned in general. I love living in Macedon, NY because it is close enough to Rochester, yet far enough to have a slight rural feel. The Christ- centered, Gospel focused ministry of this school is a blessing to all who enter the door. Featured Review: Current Resident says One thing that I like about Webster is the community. Featured Review: Parent says Our child has been at this school since grade 6. Overall it is a great place to live and work. Read 44 reviews. . Easy to befriend neighbors, and store, school, and restaurant all within walking distance. Read 2 reviews. Macedon is a safe place to live. We are busy parents and feel safe with our child here. homey. 50 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. The town itself is small and would seem quiet, but if there is not a fun event taking place (usually once a week) there is always something exciting to do if you are willing to look for it. The down fall would be that other than the parks and trails there isnt much in the town it's self. And each neighborhood is different. 27 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. East Avenue is part of the National Register of Historic Places as it has beautiful Victorian homes. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Crime is not prevalent in East Avenue but the neighborhood crimes rate is slightly above the national average. It is a small community and we're renting at the edge of town. #11 Best Places to Live in Rochester Area. It is such a cute town with many small businesses to support. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. Some are better than others. Most houses in our neighborhood have changed their lights to orange which is his favorite color. Rochester is a city in the western part of New York State on the south shore of Lake Ontario. I do wish though that there was a little bit more. Niche User: I love my neighborhood, it is very kind and I know a lot of people. Featured Review: Current Resident says I love how quiet yet close to everything our neighborhood is. Home to the Wide Waters of the Erie Canal, this is the widest section of the whole canal! The Palmyra Macedon High School also gives many oppurtinitys by takin IB and college classes. It one of the most amazing place to live. All necessities are available within the town, you never need to travel far. The community is extremely supportive and helpful. The air around Rochester is pollution free with the city ranking high in air quality tests. Maybe on a different street just to see what its like. It's a close knit community, people are always willing to help out. Rochester is a diverse city with a Caucasian population of about 43 percent and an African American population of approximately 42 percent. 44 Niche users give it an average review of 4.3 stars. The most dangerous areas in the Rochester metro area are in red, with moderately safe areas in yellow. Important ancestries of people in Rochester include German, Irish, Italian, English, and Polish. We used science and data to determine which neighborhoods in Rochester are the best of the best. We're lookin' at you, Park Avenue. Overall, Macedon is a good place to raise a family. Read 14 reviews. Read 100 reviews. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. If you like enthnic festival this is the city for you. Read 100 reviews. For the most part, everyone knows and loves each other. Featured Review: Niche User says I love my neighborhood, it is very kind and I know a lot of people. Featured Review: Niche User says There are not a lot of crimes in my area. 81 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. So what's the best neighborhood to live in Rochester for 2022? That's where being close to Rochester is handy. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars. Easy to befriend neighbors, and store, school, and restaurant all within walking distance.. Current Resident: If you like a small town, with friendly neighbors its the perfect place. Learn more about each city neighborhood by clicking the names for information from Downtown Definitely and . If we need anything we would ask our neighbors and. Current Resident: I think historic neighborhood is a wonderfully beautiful area. They recognized my son had a difficult time focusing and made the effort to get him the support he needed to manage it. Featured Review: Niche User says Very rarely in the news regarding crime and safety. The only thing I dislike is the harsh winter season. A dog park to enjoy with your furry friends. Featured Review: Former Resident says Irondequoit N.Y. is this zip code , I lived in Rochester in 2005 , this neighborhood was really lovely. Everything is close, whether in town, or via Route 490 that runs past the. Current Resident: I have lived in the town of Brockport my entire life. Peaceful i would say. 7 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. 66 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Featured Review: Niche User says The area seems safe, it's well kept and the neighbors are nice.. #7 Best Places to Live in Rochester Area. There is plenty of green space and place to run your dogs. Rochester has a lot of people who ride the bus to and from work. Featured Review: Niche User says I am lucky because I live in a very wonderful, diverse and privileged area in the city, where I am exposed to many cultures, but still get to benefit from access to suburban facilities, and well kept. Niche User: Close to lots of things, bars, restaurants, great community for the Deaf and LGBT. Read 2 reviews. Listed below are the safest neighborhoods in Rochester for 2023. I live in an apartment, all of my neighbors are so good and we all love each other. However the weather is quite dour with temperatures peaking at only 71 degrees during summer. Is Rochester Metro, NY Safe? Many students take part of oppurtuitys to give back to the community like " Parent Night Out" " Yard Clean Up" and "Breakfast with Santa". Currently rented for $780/month with a transferable CofO valid through 2/1/2024! Has experienced a drop off in the last 50 years due to basic Rust Belt dynamics. When issues arise or are reported in the news, it appears as though the police department respond to and handle the incidents appropriately and timely. Read 27 reviews. The NeighborhoodScout search engine is covered under US Patents No. Rochester also has one of the higher rates of people living in poverty in the nation, with 30.35% of its population below the federal poverty line. The public school is very professional and provides a great learning environment. Read 50 reviews.