The truck started fine after install, and ran down the road ok. I do agree if he can get it tuned prior to fouling he can lock that tune and run in open loop. We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. The wiring was a bit of a mess. Find a lower price anywhere and we'll beat it by 5%! All I can say is it made a completely different motor out of the 460, 39 degrees out and starts within 2 revolutions power is super smooth throughout the rpm range (idle to 4100rpms 212 Hamilton with 4.0 turbo impeller) has about 6 hrs of learn time. The fuel pump question is the tough one. To my knowledge, there is no aftermarket EFI fuel system suited to fuel the Sniper EFI system that exists on the market. EFI Systems based on Holley's world-class Dominator and HP ECU's. Q1. I had the pink ecu signal wire connected to a bullet connector on the passenger side . Oxygen (O2) Sensor - Is an electronic device that measures the proportion of oxygen (O2) in the exhaust gas. With a bad TPS you will have to manually prime to try and get it . Yeah, it may sound hokey to some, but is just one option to solve the issue where you are and with what you have. WARNING: It is against the law to install this part on an Emissions Controlled Vehicle, By Corey A on June 4, 2021 | Verified Owner. That would be for individuals that run the OEM exhaust manifold, as well as individuals that run headers. is donald smith still alive; julie grant court tv cheerleader I would send an Email to Chris at EFIsystempro. Note, that is not a crack in the exhaust manifold, just a shadow from a casting flaw. I have not gone back in to try to fine tune them. : For registered members this ad will NOT show. Using the throttle body's fuel pressure regulator will require a 5/16" fuel return line to the tank. Also in Tools, Shop Equipment & Chemicals, Cataclean - Fuel and Exhaust System Cleaner, Cataclean Diesel - Fuel and Exhaust System Cleaner, Distribution Blocks, Filters, Adapters and Fittings, Microswitch and Solenoid Mounting Brackets, Holley EFI CAN to USB Dongle - Communication Cable, Hooker BlackHeart Oxygen Sensor O2 Bung 2.5" Clamp-On Style, Holley EFI Terminator X Wideband Adapter Harness, Earl's Oxygen Sensor Weld Fitting (Weld Bung) - Steel. quick fuel. If this could be disabled it would be much better. Then if you are do you just wire the o2 sensors in parallel or do these EFI kits have inputs for more than one sensor. If you have long tube headers, mount the sensor approximately 6-10" after the collector. :-), I started using OMC and Volvo Penta pumps for my conversion. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I'm using the NTK sensor. Holley Sniper EFI Wideband Oxygen Sensor. . B/c what it sometimes perceives as a lean spike is actually raw fuel with no oxygen. The engines are rated at 170 hp each. Can more detail be provided? Holley EFI. If a cruiser with enclosed engine compartment, not a lot you can do to eliminate water or at least water vapor in the exhaust. The test run was great, they have never run so well even when they were new with carbs. Stock manifolds? Who knows. JavaScript is disabled. FWIW, I called Holley to confirm the part number and they say the Bosch part number if 17212 (also available on Amazon for $64.78). As far as packaging goes, one comes in a Bosch box, the other in a Holley package. The right side o2 was obviously reporting a fat 10.3 afr as a result, but the car still went 139mph, LOL. Sort. p.s. The Holley Sniper system sells for $999.95, installs in under 2 hours, and requires only an O2 sensor, a temp sensor (both included), an electric return-style fuel pump, and four-wires to connect.. Quote Reply Topic: Holley Sniper Posted: Jan/05/2022 at 2:01pm . Only show this user. The World's largest the Hamilton 212 pump is maxed out at about 4600 rpms, however it will provide about 10x the thrust that the berkly it is not as fast but haul much more load and work way better in white water. Holley EFI has the solutions you need to get your project up and running better than ever! Add to Cart . For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our, actual instructions in flowcharting are represented in, Why Is Dave Blankenship Not On Oak Island Season 8, rhode island groundwater classification map. He is a wizard, might be able to give you some pointers, will ask you what version of the software you are on, whether you're running the progressive adjustable linkage, etc. Pay close attention to the instructions on O2 sensor placement. Here's the pic of the location with my header. So much it could be. Any exhaust down at engine level or lower will definitely get at LEAST some steam. After a few tries by jumping the starter solenoid I then realized the ignition key was in the off position. If you're thinking that you've read everything above and are ready to toss the carb on your marine engine then take this handy quiz to make sure! the engine not running. Capability Range: Professional Categories. Or maybe I could just use a piece of spare/junk exhaust tubing, and bolt it to the manifolds and add a weldless O2 bung to it. Installed the sniper/MSD combo on my mildly built 460 KEM. If you have a manual tranny starting off without squealing the tires can be tricky because all four barrels open up at the same time. non biased Shelby Cobra related site! So please, If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please. Any word on this? The clamp-on that came with mine wasnt a good fit on my 2" pipe. For gourmands, night markets not only offer scrumptious small . Next, the new unit was installed onto the manifold. I am interested in upgrading both engines with Pertronix Ignitor or Ignitor II ignition and the Holley Sniper EFI 2300 and the Howell EFI marine O2 sensor adapter. In the event you decided earlier that you are going with the Sniper EFI System you will not have the requisite tuning capability by simply using the included handheld tuner. That's great--we look forward to your results! Vega$69. Fine tuned the timing to 12-15 degrees. It's a compact HP pump and cooler assembly. Be sure to disable autotune and remove the O2 sensor before it dies. Bolt-on carburetor style EFI for your classic car or truck. Runs like a champ now. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. I just installed a Sniper on a 67 GTO and it was pretty straightforward, the end result was a much better starting/smother running car, than can adapt to elevation changes better, But we also installed the Holley Dual sync distributor for a complete system that adjusts timing as well. watch the values in the software for the o2.. once is is done "Heating" and starts to show AFR, wrap the rag round it. Full product line and accessories at excellent pricing. The O2 sensor burned out immediately. Your BluePrint Engine will be equipped with a Holley model 550-510, or 550-511 (identical except for finish color) on 4150 flanged intake manifolds. -- I particularly like the Daytona Sensors Approach to the Ignition Curve.- Are you pursuing Coast Guard Certification for the Sniper_EFi? What exhausts are the best? Maybe this one has a shorter cable? These types of adjustable on-delay timer relays are on sites like Amazon for less than $10 up to $15. It looks like another season has come and passed by without the answer you wanted on this.I am impressed that you made the leap into marine fuel injection but you have experienced the same problem that everyone else who has tried this has faced. There was a 1.5 point difference in afr between banks. Bosch 17025 Oxygen Sensor #1 Best Seller . The first option is to just buy the injector body and the controller with the wiring harness and sensors. I am happy with Holleys no hassle replacement of the parts. In this video Holley's own Tom Kise explains oxygen sensors and where to place an 02 sensor bung in your exhaust. Has anyone run an O2 sensor in an EFI on a marine engine? On a side note: Im getting 4200 rpms at 5000 elevation with stock heads. well I have installed the Sniper on my 460 KEM (Ford) marine motor. While those work great on an automobile, you likely won't begin to get these marine installations setup with a handheld. Sniper EFI Releases new Stealth 4150 Models! Super helpful and knowledgeable. This doesn't mean it can't be done. From there, our highly trained factory refurbish technicians flow the original fuel injectors. Is Holley working on a complete marine package or planning to in the future? Without Headers Steamers location (above) is perfect, up close to the engine where you have not lost much heat. I myself will convert my 2 302's (Volvo Penta 5.0 l AQ231A) from carbs to EFI; I must find out everything before I start work on the engines, then I am satisfied to start. I hope that the next F/2F header is more O2 sensor friendly. Anyone ever converted a 1987 3.7L 4cyl Mercruiser engine to EFI. Advanced throttle body injection systems capable of transmission control and more. . May 19, 2021. Did a test startup on my new sniper by running the power wire to battery + and not using the o2 sensor.I also capped off the regulated return line with a hose, clamps, and chamfering bit.In the settings I chose closed loop disabled (set to open loop) and also set learn mode to disabled. This doesn't apply to race boats. Holley Sniper Installation Supplement Please note, a Holley Sniper instruction manual, as well as some small parts that come with the . Using the correct length carb stud and nuts, tighten the Sniper EFI throttle body down progressively in a "criss-cross" pattern (60-80 in.lbs.). Wideband vs Narrowband sensors - A narrowband O2 sensor is only calibrated to . Adam. I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now. test the sensor.. for a basic pass/fail of the sensor. Add To Cart. It's hallmark is its simplicity--but in this case it is also it's shortcoming. Its the Holley Pro Jection TBI mentioned by the above poster. Add to Cart . Part# 550-511. Sniper EFI Releases new Stealth 4150 Models! Even though you now have the USCG-approved Sniper EFI System as an option for your new EFI System you're not quite out of the woods yet. Anyone have a good place to find a genuine Bosch O2 replacement sensor without paying $110? Wondering how you are progressing with this? We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. In Stock. I want to register an account for free right now! Holley Sniper EFI Wideband Oxygen Sensor Part Number: 510-554-155 Click image to zoom $125.99 More than 10 available Lowest Price Guarantee Sniper EFI Wideband Oxygen Sensor Replacement Part for Holley Sniper EFI and Terminator X Systems Bosch LSU 4.9 See more product details Free Shipping - Ships Today QTY Add To Cart Add to Wish List The Sniper needs a "clean" 12V wire that is hot in Start and Run. This is made by Innovate, the guy that runs the Holley EFI forum HIGHLY recomends AND uses them himself, I use them, my o2 on my wideband Innovate, kept going bad, a 4.2 Bosch o2, put this on both my Holley HP NTK sensor & the wide band, been 2 years now & lots of driving, all good, Heat-Sink Bung Extender (HBX-1) - P/N: 37290 The right side o2 was obviously reporting a fat 10.3 afr as a result, but the car still went 139mph, LOL. Sniper EFI 4bbl Marine. I'm 3" down from the bottom of the flange to center of bung. CUSTOM ART FOR CUSTOM NEEDS. And it is timing that is equally critical to best performance and fuel economy. Fortunately, it turns out there are some options. Install the throttle linkage to the Sniper EFI throttle body. My hand is holding the connector to the sensor. I had questions on the suggested "Marine O2 Sensor Adapter" from Howell EFI (https://howellefi.com/product/adaptor-o2-sensor-for-marine-use/), but when I look to the pictures, I understand how it will work. Phil is right. I'll let you know how it works out. It doesn't even mean that you can't do it. Also some tips on preventing O2 sensor damage The boat underway acts very much like a water brake dyno I strongly believe that a well broken in engine in good condition can stand a much more critical tune w/o issues and deliver almost the same fuel economy as the proposed EFI conversion. Most water jacketed header manufacturers (Lightning, CMI, etc) will install 02 bungs in their headers for extra money. Price Point: $$, EFI Systems based on Holley's world-class Dominator and HP ECU's. so far so good love the smooth power and easy starts. Price Point: $$, Robust, feature-rich multi-port EFI systems offer easy plug-and-play late-model V8 engine swaps. Free Shipping - Holley Sniper EFI Oxygen Sensors with qualifying orders of $99. 02 sensors are very heat sensitive, and can detect an exhaust pulsation in a single Header tube, that's why we always wanted to position the sensor into at least 2 opposite firing tubes we running Headers. O2 Sensor Mounting: The O2 needs to be mounted 6-8" after the merge in the header collector. Oxygen Sensor is sold separately.Adaptor should be installed in a flat area of riser at least 6 before water blends with exhaust. It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Mark Twain, The goal in life: To die young as late as possible. Thanks for the feedback on this adapter, Donald. 29. I am just now ready to do the tuning this weekend. I'm having new headers with an O2 sensor bung installed in my car ('79 Vette) soon, to prepare for a Holley Sniper EFI TBI install this winter. Precisely Adam. The Holley Sniper EFI Quadrajet is a self-contained throttle-body injection system that's a direct replacement for spreadbore Quadrajet carburetors found on many classic GM vehicles. Follow USCG rules about materials and fittings. These often don't work with stock ECUs, so your best bet is to weld in a second bung for the wideband sensor. My bet based on longer pump run, to make pressure, you have a leaking injector. Emissions. In a horizontal or if pointed upwards it can collect exhaust condensation liquids upon start up. but I'm finding when running engines with holley sniper kits the the engines are very eratic ,the air fuel numbers are always changing drastically from one pull to . Is the O2 sensor on the dyno must have a very long pipe extending past where it is positioned or backwash from the room air will violate the readings as well as any header leaks. I've been building a TBI system from GM parts to use on a 1987 Wellcraft with the Mercruiser 4 cylinder engine. You will need an O2 sensor to measure fuel needs, but it could be tuned manually like in the old days. I put mine after the collector only because I have a new exhaust and muffler going in and Ill use a weld in bung and placement will be different. In the case of the car, you can generally get out and walk (run?) Posted By : / actual instructions in flowcharting are represented in /; Under :nose exercise before and afternose exercise before and after blue doberman puppies. Enter The 2023 LS Fest West Trip Sweepstakes Today And Join Us In Las Vegas! Some logs have water up to just short of the port. I installed a holley sniper kit. Still needs a EFI pump and return line. One comes in the form of a Marine O2 Sensor Adapter from the folks at Howell EFI. But for just over $10 and two simple configuration changes you can switch to a progressive linkage that opens only the two primary barrels at first and then brings in the secondary barrels at a later point. Looking for some advice pertaining to Holley Sniper and Tire Size upgrades. This free oxygen is picked up by the O 2 sensor and determined to be indicative of a lean AFR condition when, in reality, the engine could potentially be running slightly rich. Dec 28, 2016. I know from some of the other posts, there have been WBO2 sensor issues. Holley EFI has the solutions you need to get your project up and running better than ever! I have twin 502 factory fuel injected Mercs and want to go to adaptive EFI. #1. Bolt-on carburetor style EFI for your classic car or truck. Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street. For the most part, the small harness is plug-and-play. The Sniper EFI master kit contains the most complete EFI fuel system on the market. Register now for free! Hopefully this one lasts longer than the original. Let him re-jet the carb (a wee bit on the fat side for safety) and reset the timing and try again. Sorry for the late reply, Douglas. The spark must be manually tuned. Wideband Oxygen Sensor Extension Cable. Capability Range: Professional An O2 sensor is used when converting an engine to fuel injection and wanting to move from an "open loop" system to a "closed loop" system. Thanks again for writing! The truck started fine after install, and ran down the road ok. After some time, the truck will not start after it comes to operating temperature. 3. From time to time we receive phone calls from individuals who are interested in converting their carbureted boat motor to fuel injection. I had an o2 sensor fail on a pass yesterday, and flatline at 11.5afr. He had one there that was run on a dyno then the fuel map was set and shipped back. (Assuming it actually releases in November and there are enough units for me to purchase and receive one in December). Then dialed back the cranking fuel quite a bit and that seemed to help some, but still having ongoing issues. Wideband Oxygen Sensor Extension Cable. The Holley Super Sniper High Performance EFI kit comes with a coolant temperature sensor and an O2 sensor, both of which must be used for the EFI to work properly. Tips on how to measure the correct location and other considerations when welding in an O2 sensor bung. He also explains how to properly install them. looking at doing the same. I stopped by Bergeron on my way back to the lake, and he said they have never found a good way to run O2 sensors in a marine exhaust. Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations. If you let it cool down again, does it start up fine? Holley Sniper EFI Self-Tuning Kit - Black Ceramic Finish. I had a blue wire coming out of the firewall that met this need, but it was already hooked-up to the + side of the coil and the Duraspark box. Holley sniper issue on newly rebuilt motor, Holley Sniper with Duraspark and timing control. I was thinking aluminum heads would run it up closer to 5,000 rpm. I have searched thru the forum as much as I can, with not much luck. I've installed several of these adaptive EFI's on cars with great success. dropping a sensor on the ground), Extreme exhaust temperatures (Greater than 930 degC/1700 degF), Unheated sensor in exhaust stream. It should be pretty straight forward what each of these values do. #1. Sensors that are installed in an exhaust must be connected to a properly Sniper EFI 2300 Marine. Waiting for spring to put back together. Can anyone share their experiences with this type of setup? Bolt on 4150 Flange Carburetor Replacement. This page was generated at 08:35 AM. Replacement Sniper and Terminator X O2 Sensor. Plug into the coolant temperature sensor. Ideally I'd want the power plant running as efficiently as possible, but I'd sure like the benefit of EFI over carb. I mounted it here attempting to protect it from the deep water I play in and from lots of branches I encounter. Initial Calibration in Basic Configuration. Top 10 Holley Sniper EFI Tech Tips Holley Technical Training Manager Tom Kise's top ten "suggestions" for Holley Sniper EFI System installation issues. Stay up to date with the latest releases, events, promotions and more. The reason I say this is that nowhere in this discussion is the fact that none of these systems are are handling the timing on the fly. $132.95. Most of Holley's EFI systems provide a Setup Wizard that builds a base configuration file that allows you to start the engine and operate the vehicle. *Possible delays due to Covid-19 click for more information. No matter what I do, it will not start. The engine RPM when closed loop o2 will begin. I do believe that the Holley EFI ECU's have the capability to be programmed to work in this application, but have not yet found anyone who has tackled this task and been fully successful.If you (or anyone else) does make some progress on this, please reply here and let us know what works. The problem occurs when an excessive amount of oxygen makes its way from the intake port directly into the exhaust at idle and low engine speeds because of overlap. All of the wiring exits below the rear fuel injector cover, for a completely stealth installation. Replacement Sniper and Terminator X O2 Sensor, This part is legal for sale or use on Racing Use Only Vehicles. The plan is to 'learn' a fuel\Timing curve with a closed loop. Add to Cart . excessively rich mixtures), Mechanical shock (e.g. PRO's: Wideband O2 sensor harness is longer, allowing easier connection and routing. Holley Oxygen Sensor O2 Bung Weld-In Style; Larger Image. Aug 17, 2013. However, advanced tuning software is available for the Sniper EFI System that allow them to be tuned by a competent professional with experience tuning marine applications. Most of you only need to tune 4 points, idling around the marina, part throttle - pulling the rope tight, 1/2-3/4 throttle - cruise, and YeeHaa - WOT. Comes VERY complete.throttle cable bracket, kickdown bracket, base plate studs & nuts, heat shrink type connectors, and pretty decent instructions as well. A replacement clamp on would be an easy change out. They are the only ones got me a holley usb to can cable fast. Holley EFI Oxygen Sensor. Sponsored Links (REGISTERED USERS DO NOT SEE THIS POST/AD! I've got the Howell EFI adapter installed in the riser of some standard Inboard Manifolds and it works great. EFI Systems based on Holley's world-class Dominator and HP ECU's. Replaced and gapped to .45 all spark plugs. Could show a lean condition when in fact it really isn't. The other thing I want to overcome is the fuel return line; my harbor master says that I can connect my fuel return line to my CAV (lucas) gasoline filter, it has 4 connection, now only 2 are used. It will flood itself out and won't start back, just crank and crank. Everyone else was backordered several months. Yes, this is an old thread, but it's an old unit. Shop Oxygen Sensors at Summit Racing. Do you understand that no USCG-approved aftermarket EFI fuel system (including fuel pump, lines, filters, adapters, and hose ends) exists, that installing unapproved components on a boat will make the boat out-of-compliance with USCG regulation and could result in financial loss and legal liability (and that you release us from any liability by proceeding)? My tune is coincidentally set at 11.5 desired afr, with the failed side as the leanest bank, but the ecu added 15% fuel anyways. Even if you are the sort to sort of shrug off safety regulation, consider that if there is an accident that results in a loss and an investigation, failure to follow applicable USCG regulation could result in either financial or legal liability, not to mention the rejection of insurance claims. Here is one on start up tuning. The oxygen sensor should be mounted at a point where it can read a good average of all the cylinders on one bank. Assuming that your current ignition works well with the marine carburetors it will continue to work well with the Sniper EFI System. The first thing to consider here (if you are in the USA) is US Coast Guard (USCG) Safety Approval. Most of you only need to tune 4 points, idling around the marina, part throttle - pulling the rope tight, 1/2-3/4 throttle - cruise, and YeeHaa - WOT. Yellow Cold! I have not had it on the dyno with the sniper, but would guess probably about 400 to 410 hp and well over 500 tq.I did use the holley pump that came with the sniper. I am in the middle of a repower of twin BBC 481, mild cam which will need to be recarbureted. pull the sensor out of the exhaust. I had an o2 sensor fail on a pass yesterday, and flatline at 11.5afr. When it did keep running, the headers all started to smoke. Sent unit back to Holley. Maybe my manifolds leaked the inside between the snail and the log?? Phil said water would still get up over the snail and knock out the sensor. I will change and be using an in-tank pump when I install the new 120 gallon tank this winter. Wherever you go, the cultural kaleidoscope of Taipei showcases exhilarating diversity. Once the tune is complete, the O2 sensor can be defeated or . Come join the discussion about offshore racing, performance, modifications, builds, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Good luck to all. Add To Cart. *Possible delays due to Covid-19 click for more information. Finally, do you also recognize that the self-tuning feature of the Sniper EFI may not result in an acceptable configuration for your boat and, as such, may require you to seek professional tuning? Copyright 2022 Holley Performance Products, Inc. All right reserved. 2 Reviews. A forum community dedicated to performance boat owners and enthusiasts. Innovate Motorsports HBX-1 Bung Extender. This completes the basic installation of the Holley Sniper EFI 4150 Super Sniper 1250/650 kit. What I installed on the motors was the Holley HP 19lb Holley Injectors the Holley 522-198 duel sync distributors with the MSD Digital 6A and the MSD Blaster 2 coils. Specs. Hi all, i'm contemplating doing a sniper quadrajet swap onto my volvo penta 5.7 GL 2bbl holley motor in my 1997 cobalt 200 with the DP-S outdrive. The very front would be the safest place. I have about 30 hrs on the unit and it just keeps getting smoother with every hr of run time. running holley sniper without o2 sensorplymouth township mi police scanner. About your only location is in that short area from the log to the port face. Because the fuel maps are built on a speed-density (ie, engine RPM versus manifold air pressure) fueling strategy. Anybody got a good 270hp 350 tune yet?I installed sniper efi on my boat runs good but feel like the wot should be better need to get the sniper controlling spark is my thoughts the old thunderbolt is either not great or timing wasn't right when I bought the boat but she runs great I just think this engine has more in it then I'm getting out of it at this time any tuning and timing advice would be great considering I'm awesome with carb n hei diet but new to efi and boat timing curve but not an idiot so I say. While the Sniper has an absolutely outstanding internal ECU, the current model does not offer any laptop programmability. You should then have at least 18-24" of pipe after the sensor. O2 sensors are water proof. Ref: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/sniper_efi/I heard of the new Sniper EFI from some chatter on OffshoreOnly.com. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. Since your existing low-pressure fuel system is not going to work with the Sniper EFI System this puts you in the unenviable position of choosing between USCG compliance or EFI. 534-199. I bought a new holley sniper , dual sync dist., coil, and holley in tank fuel pump, When engine got hot it would go crazy. 5. Warranty Information. Do you offer a USCG fuel pump kit? The following vehicles are considered Racing Use Only Vehicles: Holley is the new standard in EFI! Have to replace head gasket. Pricing was reasonable, shipping was prompt and Chris helped me with a wiring question during my install. This motor would probably turn the berk to 6 grand and blow it out from a stop.Motor dyno'd on a carb @389 hp @ 4700rpm and 497 tq @3500. - The sales brochure refers to Integrated Ignition Timing Control and Coil Driver. Sadly, no. Went with around .525 lift, 270 duration on a 114 LSA and the car was sucking vacuum like a new hoover. As a follow up, I ended up using an eBay type anti fouler elbow for the O2 sensor to try and get it out of the water in the manifolds. I have tried several different settings to get it going, no luck. Do you also recognize that the O2 sensor that is required for closed-loop operation will not survive in the "wet" manifold used by most marine engines, and that to install a device to protect the O2 sensor from this moisture may require the removal, machining, and replacement of the exhaust manifold? The new Exhaust manifolds will have wideband O2 bungs for tuning. Price Point: $$$. May 1, 2018 They want you to angle it to keep it from fouling. 5. Staff Writer. YES! 02/25/2020. Capability Range: Advanced $119.95. But you have to get it tuned. I am concerned about the O2 sensor consideration, but in the end isn't the carburetor situation open loop? It has about 18 hrs to date and is working great. It does not look like anything particularly superior in concept. If you find that please let us know. John 1:5, 1969 FJ40 2F with Holley Sniper EFI, Power Disk Brakes Front & Rear, Downey, Your post has peaked my curiosity. I recommend popping for the Master . No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. away. Yes! Why? I found this in the instruction manual for the older commander 950 system. https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-pro-hangout/sniper-installation-tips-holley-tom-kise, https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-prng-engine-startup-sniper-terminator-x-stealth. Never tried it myself or know anyone fwho has, but Little kids play hooky . big kids play.