When the darkness of doubt, discouragement, or just plain depletion of strength and joy creep in, turn intentionally to offer praise to God. "A people for [God's] own possession" (Revised Version). 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. By age 40 his condition deteriorated to the point that he found it necessary to resign his teaching position. He has called us out of the darkness of a meaningless life, and an eternity apart from Him, and into His wonderful, marvelous light. Out of Darkness Into His Marvelous Light [Lores, Michelle] on Amazon.com. I testify that through the Restoration of the gospel and the holy priesthood of God, disciples of Jesus Christ in these latter days have the power to give the gift of the Holy Ghost. What an astonishing revelation is contained within this simple yet profound verse of Scripture, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light." Although we don't yet have perfect divine vision, our eyes are open to His magnificent truths and the reward of eternal life. Account & Lists Returns & Orders. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. He is the Light who was baptized by immersion, by John the Baptist, upon whom the Holy Ghost was manifest in the Spirit like a dove descending. The apostle Paul wrote: "For now, we can only see a dim and blurry picture of things, as when we stare into polished metal. Hundreds of thousands have attended a live production in this auditorium entitled The Light of the World: A Celebration of LifeSpirit of Man, Glory of God, which included a declaration of our belief in Jesus Christ. The Scriptures say, Douay-Rheims Bible But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people: that you may declare his virtues, who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular. A word can be honestly translated many different ways. From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. You need that light. It was the deeper truth these things symbolizedthe source of the light within each of us. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 2nd Person Plural. The light is near, in the presence of darkness. How devastating is a lighthouse whose light has failed! Out Of Darkness Into Marvelous Light by Berniece Bernay . 15. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8). Sometimes, when our parents went away for the evening, we would turn on every light in the house! John was ordained an elder in 1994 and serves in the Cincinnati, Ohio congregations. Called Out 1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" (1 Peter 2:9). God's word brings warmth and marvelous light for rebirth, growth and development in Him. When the spiritual light of the Holy Ghost is present, the darkness of Satan departs. "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:" King James Version (KJV) < Previous Verse Next Verse > View Chapter 1 Peter 2:9 Context Sacerdotal order. What does 1 Peter 2:9 mean when it refers to believers as peculiar people? "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who . And God saw that the light was good. When light is present, darkness is vanquished and must depart. The book of Hebrews, probably written by Paul, answers by saying, "Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away" (Hebrews 2:1 Hebrews 2:1Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.American King James Version). Obscurity. This Bible study is now being offered in a number of languages from the site IntoHisMarvelousLight.com. We are an elect race and have been transferred out of the kingdom of Satan into the kingdom of God's beloved Son. What does it mean that Jesus and believers are living stones in 1 Peter 2:4-5? 19952023 All correspondence and questions should be sent to [email protected]. [7] For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. On the 100th anniversary of his death in 1952, Louis' remains were moved to the Panthon in Paris, where many French national luminaries are buried. What is the spiritual house in 1 Peter 2:5? He is the Light that leads and guides this Church today through revelation to a prophet, his counselors, and the Twelve Apostles. 9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. I would connect a small pear-shaped generator to my bicycle tire. Excellence. " 1 Peter 2:9 They've been going through a series at church called Fundamentals: Hospitality, Worship, Work, Home. . Differing from the world in life. As for Louis Braille and all those who have been or are now physically blind or visually impaired, the time is coming when God will not only heal them physically but will give them true spiritual vision (Isaiah 29:18 Isaiah 29:18And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.American King James Version; Isaiah 35:5 Isaiah 35:5Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.American King James Version). Since we do not yet have full divine comprehension, we need to ask ourselves a crucial question: Do we intensely desire to increase our knowledge of God as much as or more than Louis Braille yearned to understand his physical world? The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. It's too simplistic, I think, to say that it's only because they cannot see what's there. From an obsolete phao; luminousness. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. of God in Christ Jesus, for by His grace and through faith in Him, we have been given access into the throne-room of God. He also serves as Circulation Manager and is a Senior Writer for Beyond Today magazine. Additionally, trials and pressures may wear down our passion to pursue God's way of life. But you are a chosen group of people. Imagine you are trying to find your way out of a deep, dark cave that is blocked. 4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthoo into His marvelous light. The Lord is with you! American King James Version). Send inquiries regarding the operation of this Web site to [email protected]. We have been called to share forth the good news of the glorious gospel of grace to a lost and dying world - for God in His omniscience, knew who would accept His gracious offer of salvation, by faith. Louis' irrepressible desire to learn, grow and contribute to society also extended to his love for music. The virtues - The excellent glory, the mercy, wisdom, and power of him, Christ, who hath called you out of the darkness of ignorance, error, sin, and misery. Although the majority of people are now blind spiritually, God will ultimately give every person who has ever livedor will livethe opportunity to know Him fully (1 Timothy 2:4 1 Timothy 2:4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth.American King James Version; 2 Peter 3:9 2 Peter 3:9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.American King James Version). An holy nation. You are priests to your king. His fellow teachers and pupils admired him greatly. [22] He also that received seed among the thorns is he that hears the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. Despite his blindness and ill health, he worked diligently to develop himself and help others. Our character and conduct should reflect the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, for by His grace and through faith in Him, we have been given access into the throne-room of God. All this is so that you will tell how good he is. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called . So it is with spiritual light. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out. And his efforts to increase his knowledge, improve himself and serve others have since helped millions. You are a holy nation. A large public ceremony was held in his honor and attended by dignitaries from around the world. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Louis created unique symbols for each letter by reducing the 12 raised dots of the sonography method to a maximum of six. Consider the darkness. T. H. White. He testifies of Jesus Christ, His work, and the work of His servants upon the earth. But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, Gods special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. At age 10 he was given the opportunity to attend the Royal Institute for Blind Youth in Paris, which was one of the first schools for blind children in the world. A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases. 37 "At this also my heart trembles, and leaps out of its place. . He acts as a cleansing agent to purify and sanctify us from sin.11 He comforts us and brings peace to our soul. Cart 1 Peter 2:9 KJV: But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Bible > 1 Peter > Chapter 2 > Verse 9 1 Peter 2:9 Verse (Click for Chapter) King James Bible The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou. Pupils were taught to read by a method developed by Valentin Hay, the school's founder. There is darkness in trouble and in ignorance. American King James Version). Those who refuse to trust in Christ have condemned themselves into the sphere of eternal separation from their Creator. 14 Songs Listen Now Browse Radio Search Open in Music Out of Darkness Into His Marvelous Light Various Artists But what moved us most was not the competition or the spectacle. 9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. And in this world, the darkness is never far away. How we praise His holy Name for we who were once dead in our sins and shrouded in the thick blackness of sin, have been called out of darkness into His wonderful light so that we might proclaim to all with whom we come in contact, the excellences of our heavenly Father and the grace of Kinsman Redeemer - Who loved us so much that He was prepared to go to the Cross for our sake, so that our sins could be forgiven, and we could exhibit the glories of His grace, not only in this world but also in the ages to come. In 1 Peter 2:9, the apostle Peter describes believers in Jesus Christ with these remarkable words: "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light" (NKJV). King James Version (KJV) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light; . Light dispels darkness. The King James Bible is best understood as the Holy Ghost's interpretation of the Word of God into the English Language. But you are a chosen people, royal priests, a holy nation, a people for Gods own possession. 1P iP i Pet). Try different things. He is the Light that ascended into heaven before the eyes of His disciples, with a promise that in like manner He would come again. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons. In 1821, Captain Charles Barbier of the French Army visited the institute to share his invention called sonography or "night writing." Deuteronomy 10:15 Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL From hierateuo; the priestly fraternity, i.e. A chosen or elect race, a royal priesthood - Kings and priests unto God, #Rev 1:6|. You belong to God. The told me that when the devil Talks he never finish what he saying, It is a way to keep your mind occupied, So we only listen to him and his Entourange, But God Had a Advanatge, he used common sence, He said thur ME ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, Now that told me I Dont Need Wine, Women & Drugs. "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy" (1 Peter 2:9-10 1 Peter 2:9-10 [9] But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light; But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, Gods own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. [4] In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine to them. How can I have it for myself and my loved ones always?. God has brought you out of darkness into his marvelous light. As originally the clan of Abraham was selected from among "all the families of the earth" (Amos 3:2), so out of the clan of Abraham after the flesh were these men selected to be a new clan, or race. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. showing that Christ is the foundation whereupon they are built. I Peter 2:9, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:" (KJV) Genesis 1:1-5: Here we find the creation of the heavens and the earth. Foremost because He has called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light. Amen.American King James Version). God knows us better than we know ourselves. get answers to your Bible questions from 50+ resources ($2,400+ value! Interestingly, in verse 1 it says that the earth when initially created was without form and void. Author: Berniece Bernay (BB) Publisher: iUniverse ISBN: 153200107X Category : Biography & Autobiography Languages : en Thank You, Father, for including me as one of Your chosen servants. In the scriptures we read that some individuals grope in the dark without light and stagger like a drunken man.23 Stumbling along, we may become accustomed to the dimness of our surroundings and forget how glorious it is to walk in the light. And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. AMEN. He also received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology at Ambassador College, Pasadena, California in 1978. Are we willing to strongly advance our education in godly uprightness no matter what obstacles or hardships we encounter? Get the BEST VALUE in digital Bible study as you prepare for Easter. (a) I call, summon, invite, (b) I call, name. You are a holy nation. You are the Kings religious leaders. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may proclaim the virtues 1 of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. After completing the school's curriculum Louis was asked to stay on as a teacher's aide. He is the Light that appeared with His Father and restored, through the Prophet Joseph Smith, the same Church He established during His ministry on earth. 6Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 04 Mar 2023 14:58:23 In John chapter 8, we find one of Jesus' "I Am" sayings: "Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. He cant loose, He thought he had a winning hand,, but My Dumb Butt hung out with him for a while. A chosen generation.--Better, a chosen, or elect race. Unless you are fully engaged in living the gospelliving it with all of your heart, might, mind and strength20you cannot generate enough spiritual light to push back the darkness. It's available through many advanced communications methods today. The second passage Augustine quotes to begin his discussion of damnation is from the Gospel of Matthew, in which Jesus promises, "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of . To announce publicly, proclaim. The Lord told Isaiah, I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them.25, The prophet Nephi outlined the path: Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost.26. Whenever the word of God renders a word from on language to another, it always interprets the word. The Once and Future King. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may announce the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Enable me, in the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of the Lord Jesus, to be a good and faithful witness to You in my earthly walk. God has selected you and me out of all the people groups of the world for a very special reason, and we have been anointed with the oil of gladness to serve as His representatives on earth. 1 Peter 2:9 1 Peter 2:9 New Living Translation (NLT) It was a military code of dots and dashes punched onto heavy paper designating 36 sounds. [21] Yet has he not root in himself, but endures for a while: for when tribulation or persecution rises because of the word, by and by he is offended. Although this method proved unsatisfactory for use by the students, Louis found the idea of utilizing a code to represent letters an electrifying concept. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org, The people who were sitting in darkness saw a great Light, And those who were sitting in the land and shadow of death, To shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace., Saying to those who are bound, Go forth,, To those who are in darkness, Show yourselves.. help in understanding his Word, as King David once did when he prayed, "Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." May God bless you as we travel together "into His marvelous light." "Ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" 1 Peter 2:9 3 9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9. The King James Version speaks of God as the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls; but nowadays Bishop is an inadequate and . 3. I took this study myself before I was born again in 2002. You are all these things so that you can give him praise. Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. Louis' revolutionary technique made it possible for blind people to read as swiftly and easily as sighted individuals. How is Jesus a rock of offense (1 Peter 2:8)? 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things . You are God's very own people. Start FREE. When we praise Him, we fulfill our purpose. A peculiar people. Will we steadfastly continue pursuing the awe-inspiring goal of the Kingdom of God? Eager to find a simple yet effective method for reading and writing, he employed Barbier's basic notion as a model in developing his own system. Deuteronomy 4:20 But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, a royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light ( NASB: Lockman) For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son. Jesus Christ is the full revelation of God's glory. The Braille system made education more effective for multiple millions of blind individuals. He called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Throughout his time as a student at the institute, Louis proved to be highly talented and productive. Prepare for Easter with Bible Gateway Plus. Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. I realize that everything I know is only part of the big picture. "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. We have been declared righteous in His sight and because of our union with Christ, all that we say and do should be in keeping with the heavenly privilegebestowed upon us. We can have His light with us always. In this verse, Peter is not saying that Christians are odd or unusual people, even though the world often looks at us that way. But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people set at liberty; so that you would show forth the virtues of the One Who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining. United Church of Godis a501(c)3organization. Darkness symbolizes ignorance (82:5). Notice: Function is_feed was called incorrectly.Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death. View more 1 Peter 2:9 meaning, interpretation, and commentary "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:" 1 Peter 2:9 KJV. Discover vital spiritual lessons from his story. Verse 18: "Whoever believes in Him (that is, Jesus) is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. But you are A CHOSEN PEOPLE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR. If so, we can look forward to the time when we will be awarded perfect spiritual understanding at Jesus Christ's return. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. My Darkness was Wine Women And Drugs.. Now the Women Part still Exist, but she must be into the LORD,,, And I stand Today into that Marvelous Light, Now everyday is not perfit, but to me, the days that arent, it the lord testing you to see if you can cope, Or a Bump in the road that wake's you up. The Hebrew passage which Peter refers to means "a kingdom of priests". New American Standard Bible Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. Set apart to God. Do not say bad things about ot But he was born in the early 1800s, and he was blind. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.