Jen Beatties decision to step back from international football after 144 caps and 15 years has come at the right time and is a step towards planning for a life beyond playing. On Thursday night, Jennifer Lawrence enjoyed a date night with husband Cooke Maroney in Los Angeles, where they were seen leaving restaurant Baltaire together dressed in casual chic ensembles. "If you feel anything that feels out of the norm, go get checked. In another TikTok video, Amber lip synced to You cant just treat me like s*** and justah f*** it.. I think the truth is if she hadn't gone and seen about it off her own bat, the outcome would have been a lot worse.". "I can only speak for my experience - hospitals were super safe and everyone was following the guidelines. "We always dreamed of playing at Hampden and it has been so special for the fans coming as well. She is now an advocate for open communication around cancer, giving her first interview on her experience to the BBC in December. By Who were the winners at Sports Personality of the Year 2021? The 29-year-old has made four . The TV star simply accompanied the video with a love heart emoji, which led to some fans speculating she was attracted to women. Jen Beattie began her association with the Scotland Women's national team during her teenage years, making her senior debut at the age of 16, and going on to amass 144 appearances. At the National Television Awards several days later, she referenced the tweet and said 'the fruit emojis mean the fruit emojis, what can I say? ", So could she be the one interviewing a Scotland captain in future? Beattie is the daughter of former Scotland and British Lions rugby union player, John Beattie and the sister of former Scottish rugby union international Johnnie Beattie. Beattie began playing football with her brother Johnnie and his friends, while at primary school. The couple split just weeks after they returned to the UK, with Amber criticising Greg and blaming him for ending their short-lived relationship. "Jenny is a brilliant woman and a brilliant footballer, but she had so much love - that's what got me. "It's meant everything, with a dad and a brother playing for Scotland, sport has been such a huge part of my family," she says. Looking at how raging she is, like me. She addressed her sexuality saying: "Switching teams was the best decision I made in my life. Amber and Arsenal star Jen enjoyed a romantic date night at Winter Wonderland (Image: Instagram / Jen Beattie). Being around mates for so long, that comfort when you're playing a lot. It made me think about it a lot more. I probably saw them more than family.". Further sparking rumours, Amber then shared a TikTok from a football pitch, where she sat in the stands. What's the least amount of exercise we can get away with? While at Arsenal, she won the 2009 Women's Premier League, the 2011 and 2012 FA Women's League Cup, now called the Continental Cup, and the 2011 and 2013 FA Cups. Jen Beattie has dedicated more than half her life to playing for Scotland. The 31-year-old Arsenal player scored 24 goals in 144 appearances for her country and was part of Scotland . Amber replied to the tweet, saying: 'Sometimes'. The former Love Island winner, 25, took to her . . Harry: I always felt different to rest of family, Everything Everywhere wins big ahead of Oscars, US-made cheese can be called 'gruyere' - court, Alex Murdaugh's legal troubles are far from over, Mbappe breaks PSG goal record in win over Nantes, PM to end asylum claims from small boat arrivals. Date night:Amber Gill has apparently confirmed her romance with Jen Beattie as they enjoyed a loved-up date to Winter Wonderland in central London on Tuesday. "Jenny was the strongest one, she was like 'Dad, it's my issue' - it wasn't even a 'fight'. News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. The reality star 25, has grown close to Arsenal de [10] In March 2010, Beattie played in attack during Arsenal's 20 defeat by FCR 2001 Duisburg in the quarter-final of the UEFA Women's Champions League. Before, I didn't have awareness [about my sexuality] and now I have awareness and it is what it is, I don't have a type; I like what I like. It is hard, though, to let go. The reality star, 25, has been spotted leaving flirty emoji icons on Arsenal player Jen's social media. Also known as a shirt jacket, the lightweight top is a . Rumours: On Twitter, Amber penned: 'I love dating older people,' andTeddy, who is eight years older, replied with a sarcastic face emoji, She said: 'Normally people have these lovely, beautiful stories and lovely, beautiful real Instagram posts, like just lush. Jen was rewarded with a new contract in the summer of 2022 and in addition to her playing duties, she has taken up a mentoring role with our academy this . I think the truth is if she hadn't gone and seen about it off her own bat, the outcome would have been a lot worse.". To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. I've still got loads left.". Amber shared another snap showing her hand holding a hot drink alongside another person's hand. Beattie made her debut for the senior Scotland side in March 2008, against the United States in Cyprus, as second-half substitute for Leanne Ross. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Amber Gill confirmed she was in a relationship earlier this week, Fans are convinced she's dating Arsenal footballer Jen Beattie, Amber was linked to England footie star Jack Grealish last year, Jen Beattie, far right, on the Gay Gooners bus at Pride in London, Amber Gill moves on from Jack Grealish and is dating Arsenal player say fans after they spot flirty clues, Linda Robson hit by marriage crisis telling pals of rough patch with husband of 33 years, Apprentice bosses hold crisis meeting after two candidates romp in the show's 17m mansion, ITV's Kate Garraway undergoes second trip to Mexico for new medical trial in desperate bid to save husband Derek Draper, EastEnders actor & Love Island star get close during soap set party, Laura Anderson sparks rumours she's meeting ex Gary Lucy as she returns to London for luxury pamper session, I considered suicide after my split from Martin Freeman - I felt a mess, says Amanda Abbington, Huge BBC comedy confirms long-awaited comeback after announcing first new series in ten years, MasterChef saved me from being pigeon-holed as a soap star - but Im ready for big acting return, says Lisa Faulkner, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). It made me appreciate it because I could have lost it. ", Fans flooded the comment section congratulating Amber on her new romance, with one writing: "Amber, you have a girlfriend OMG. At 31 years old, Jennifer Beattie height is 177 cm and Weight 78 kg. In the first days of the illness, she admitted some subjects were too raw to discuss, even with family. Jennifer Saunders and Beattie Edmondson. "Girls are gorgeous! "Beating Austria then falling to Ireland, it's a hard way not to qualify, and it is difficult when you look around dressing room at all these players, Erin Cuthbert, Caroline Weir, that deserve to be on the world stage. 2023 BBC. LOVE Island star Amber Gill has apparently confirmed her new romance with footballer Jen Beattie after sharing a video of her at an Arsenal match. 75.7k Followers, 190 Following, 239 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Jen Beattie (@jbeattie91) jbeattie91. [2] Although typically a defender or midfielder, [3] she is also an accomplished goalscorer. Teddy, who is eight years older, replied with a sarcastic face emoji, whilst Amber then hit back with a heart eyes face. [4] "Getting told you have cancer is a life-changing moment," she said. She is the daughter of former Scotland and. "The distance was impossible," he told the Mornings with Kaye Adams programme. Her followers were quick to question her about the tweet, with one sending her a series of fruit emojis and question marks. 09:22 GMT 15 Feb 2023. OMG', In one Tweet, Amber penned: 'I love dating older people because realistically at your big age you need to be the bigger person and mature, I'm just a baby.'. "I can only speak for my experience - hospitals were super safe and everyone was following the guidelines. Jennifer Beattie was born on 13 May, 1991 in Glasgow, United Kingdom. I got called up to the senior squad when I was 16 or 17 and that hadnt happened yet, so to do that as a team for 2017 was incredible and then to do it back-to-back with the 2019 World Cup was special, she says. AMBER Gill has confirmed she's dating Arsenal player girlfriend Jen Beattie as they go on a loved-up Winter Wonderland date night. Read about our approach to external linking. ", She added: "Even being able to say the words 'cancer free' is just the best feeling.". To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. "I always felt really grateful to be able to go to work, it was really important to me at the time," she said. Daily phone calls with her brother and sister were a great source of support and the family were permitted two essential visits for milestones in Jen's treatment. As well as drawing strength from her family, Jen said continuing to train and play football through cancer treatment gave her "a clear head space". Captain Sir Tom Moore won the award in 2020. What science tells us about the afterlife. ', Candid:She speaks along to the words from the movie, but instead of 'never kiss a frog', she changes the words and captions to 'never cheat on my girl'. [2] Although typically a defender or midfielder,[3] she is also an accomplished goalscorer. Read about our approach to external linking. She was unable to be at the Sports Personality show in Salford due to Arsenal's Women's Super League commitments. Amber replied: Yes please, Im not very well and I need a cuddle. The reality star, 25, has been spotted leaving flirty emoji icons on Arsenal. Jen and Arsenal were approached for comment. "Meeting with mates, playing for the badge, the off-pitch stuff is what I will miss the most. first interview on her experience to the BBC in December. The family in Glasgow rallied around London-based Jen from afar given the increasingly stringent travel restrictions over winter. "We're one of these families where we do constantly remind ourselves how lucky we are. Putting names to archive photos, The children left behind in Cuba's mass exodus, In photos: India's disappearing single-screen cinemas. Follow. Discover today's celebrity birthdays and explore famous people who share your birthday. Later talking about her tweet, Amber said itwas an 'off the cuff comment' but admitted that it was 'true', following up by saying 'I meant exactly what I said'. Love interest: Teddy, who is currently starring on the prerecorded TV series Unbreakable with her ex Shanaze Reade, was recently spotted with Amber in London. Revealing:Using a sound from the Disney movie Princess and The Frog, where Princess Tiana says 'There is no way I would ever ever ever, I mean never, kiss a frog. Jen was the first to comment asking if Amber needed any help. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. There is unbelievable talent in that squad.". Chatting to hosts Bobby Norris and Stephen Leng on FUBAR Radio's Access All Areas, she said she had 'accidentally' 'come out' with the tweet. That has helped her with a decision to stagger her exit from playing. [26] Beattie became a regular with the Scotland national team. In the interview, she was also asked if she has a lady in her life, she responded saying 'I don't, not right now' but said that she was 'open to it' and 'didn't have a type' when it came to dating women. Arsenal defender departs international scene after 15 years with 144 caps and says rugby family background helped prepare her. [5] Beattie then played with Hamilton Academical's boys' teams. The romance rumours come after Amber said she is dating girls after 'coming out' in a tweet prompted by the men on this year's series ofLove Island. She went on to establish herself in the national side during the 2009 European Championships qualifying campaign. The pair also enjoyed a ride on a ferris wheel during their festive outing and then won an octopus toy during a fun arcade game. What science tells us about the afterlife. ', Amber went make-up free while wearing a tie-dye t-shirt as she went through her skincare routine. is 177cm and Weight 78kg. Arsenal hit five past Brighton to maintain 100% record, "Nobody knew [about her diagnosis]," he said. A true legend of the Women's Super League, Jen has racked up well over 100 appearances in the competition and provides experience and stability to our youthful backline. Suggesting that she was a WAG, Brett tagged Amber as Posh - with the reality star seemingly confirming the football tie as she reposted it to her own 2.6million followers. She has also toldCloser Magazine: "I'm not like 100 per cent over guys. Following a surgery to remove a lump in her breast, Jen was told she would not require chemotherapy and began a course of radiation. They sparked dating rumours at the end of 2022, with a slew of flirty social media hints and a Christmas date. She is the daughter of former Scotland and British Lions rugby union player, John Beattie. "We all fell apart a bit," said John Beattie, host of BBC Radio Scotland's Drivetime programme. [11] While at Arsenal, she won the 2009 Women's Premier League, the 2011 and 2012 FA Women's League Cup, now called the Continental Cup, and the 2011 and 2013 FA Cups. Beattie made her debut for the senior Scotland side in March 2008, against the United States in Cyprus, as second-half substitute for Leanne Ross. So having those international breaks free will become more and more important, freeing up time for me to do that.. Qualifying for the 2017 Euros, the womens teams first major tournament, was another highlight. No wonder then that the team feels like family. She asked all the direct questions, she made sure she spoke to her consultant. Jennifer Patricia Beattie MBE (born 13 May 1991) is a Scottish professional footballer who plays for Arsenal of the FA WSL and the Scotland national team. Love Island star Amber Gill appears to have confirmed that she is dating Arsenal footballer Jen Beattie after posting a pitch-side selfie.. Jen was the first to comment asking if Amber needed any help. Sign up to our weekly round-up of womens football now. Scotland and Arsenal defender Jen Beattie has been receiving treatment for breast cancer. Wearing your Scottish badge and wearing a blue shirt and playing at Hampden, singing the anthem, it never gets old, says Beattie. You know when you just want to keep things to yourself to see how it goes until like, it's real life. Links: Amber previously sparked romance rumours with event organizer Teddy Edwardes, 33, after the pair have been seen enjoying a flirty exchange on social media. Scoring at a World Cup as a centre-back, you never even dream of that because you dont think its possible., Coaching has given me months of headaches but also bags of joy | Anita Asante, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. While at Melbourne City, she helped the club during its double W-League and Grand Final wins, as well as their 100% record season. "The team-mates and staff were so understanding of what I was going through. [12][13][14] While at Montpellier, she made 25 regular season appearances with the side, scoring 5 goals in the process.[15][16]. Meanwhile, Amber shared a number of comments on Jen's social media, including two heart eyes emojis on a photo of her playing football for Arsenal. View the profiles of people named Jen Beattie. Jen Beattie of Arsenal and Scotland sits down with The Players Tribune on International Women's Day, to talk through her experiences as a top level female at. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. BBC's 1million star Zoe Ball, 52, lands big new payday for Abba show on ITV. Previous winners include Scotland rugby union great, , who has motor neurone disease, Hillsborough disaster campaigner. She was able to continue her playing career and represent her country, and says the backing she got from her fellow countrywomen was essential to winning that fight. She mouthed along to the words from the movie, but instead of 'never kiss a frog', she changed the words and captions to 'never cheat on my girl'. While she was instrumental in helping Scotland reach its first major tournament, the 2017 UEFA Women's Euro Championship, she missed out on the tournament due to injury. Beattie scored in that 5-0 victory, an emotional moment that meant a lot to . Jen recently revealed on TikTok that she came out to her parents as gay in 2009. Her eagle-eyes fans noticed that she had left a slew of flirtatious comments on the sportswoman's recent posts, Supportive: Further sparking rumours, Amber shared a TikTok from a football pitch, where she sat in the stands. Beattie was able to carry on playing for Scotland through the qualifying stages for the delayed European Championships which took place last summer in England. ", China looks at reforms to deepen Xi's control, Inside the enclave surrounded by pro-Russia forces, Street fighting in Bakhmut but Russia not in control, 'The nurses wanted me to feel guilty about my abortion, From Afghan TV fame to a US factory floor. "We're one of these families where we do constantly remind ourselves how lucky we are. Beattie had been a driving force behind Scotland's women reaching their first two major tournaments - Euro 2017, which she missed through injury, and the 2019 World Cup in France, where she scored against Argentina in the group stage, a moment she ranked top of her personal achievements for her country. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Every caps just as special as the other. Beattie became a regular with the Scotland national team. "It is now home for Scotland, whether men or women.". The reality star reshared her date's Story and wrote over it 'Bro who got you smiling like that?'. ', WAG? It comes after Amber fuelled rumours of a budding new relationship with Arsenal footballer Jen. Beattie, 30, was diagnosed with breast cancer in October 2020 after discovering a lump, but continued to play for club and country. ", Another posted: "Jens Insta story makes so much sense now, Im so here for these two. The video has now accumulated over three million views and plenty of people wondering if there is more to the humorous clip. And Amber Gill appears to have made her relationship with Jen Beattie 'Instagram official' on Tuesday as they enjoyed a sweet Valentine's Day date. ", A third added: "THIS HAS TO BE CONFIRMED. While she was instrumental in helping Scotland reach its first major tournament, the 2017 UEFA Women's Euro Championship, she missed out on the tournament due to injury. Show More Posts from jbeattie91. Amber captioned the clip to her 1.4million TikTok followers: 'Having to switch up my content so she knows I'm not really toxic '. Shock:Fans were quick to share their shock in the comments of the video. And Amber Gill appears to have made her relationship with Jen Beattie 'Instagram official' on Tuesday as they enjoyed a sweet Valentine's Day date. Alongside the picture of the teddy, Amber penned:'I'm so happy we won one of these, we called her Negroni until we can think of a better name.'. What's the least amount of exercise we can get away with? Jen and Arsenal were approached for comment. I'm retiring now to apply myself in these areas to see what I enjoy. [8] She spent a year and a half with the club before leaving to join Arsenal Ladies. On 13 December, shortly after going public, Beattie stepped into the away dressing . Ministers in clash as farmers fear Britain will be flooded with cheap Mexican and Canadian meat Britain's Special Forces are banned from TikTok and other apps amid fears their accounts could be Mamma Mia! Ladies as a 15-year-old. Arsenal footballer Jen appeared to confirm it was her featured in the shot as she shared the photograph to her own Instagram Stories. It's now four months on from Jen's diagnosis and her course of radiation is complete. I couldn't put myself through it again.". Read about our approach to external linking. 'Acting is my next step': Ekin-Su Culculoglu reveals she Ioan Gruffudd checks out local neighbourhood in West Kylie Jenner looks stylish in jeans and a plunging white top Salma Hayek oozes elegance in chic all-black ensemble while Charles 'will NEVER build real relationship with Archie and Lili unless Harry and Meghan get new royal A 14-year-old autistic boy's naive prank. [27] She continued her contribution helping Scotland qualify for its first FIFA Women's World Cup, the 2019 tournament in France. She is now an advocate for open communication around cancer, giving her first interview on her experience to the BBC in December. I feel that could really improve my form," to which Jen added: "En route.. Prince Harry says Meghan was 'from a different world' and she 'helped draw me out' of Royal life as he 'Once you sign up, you do what you're told': Duke of Sussex tells trauma expert Gabor Mat 'a lot of us' in Amber fuelled rumours of a budding new relationship with Arsenal footballer Jen, she sparked romance rumours with Teddy Edwardes, Do not sell or share my personal information. Interactive map reveals when you may see SNOW, PETER HITCHENS: Now we know for sure that our leaders lost their heads over Covid. Yuck! She's sufficiently free-minded to just do it herself. [35], Beattie was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2023 New Year Honours for services to association football and charity. For elite athletes like footballer Jen Beattie, medicine is often a routine procedure - injury, pain, scans, treatment and rehab flow in swift succession. Beattie is a tall, strong, right-footed player. Incorporated into her new contract, signed last June, was a mentoring role in the academy and a chance to contribute to the commercial and partnerships team. In November 2018, she became the fifth player to reach 100 appearances for the club. , updated 'How I snatched JK Rowling's baby out of her abusive husband's .