6. Each subordinate command added another 15 or 30 minutes to the time we were to report for the parade. Soldiers were dropping right and left and the medics were running around with ammonia ampules to awake the fallen comrades. Email me [email protected], I also served there made lots of friends lost touch with all of them Frank Castillo. NATO I'm the first to ever contact him. Henry L. Mims, the 71st OD Co. marched together across its home parade grounds Hanau company inactivates, receives OIF recognition for the last time. We will never forget Hanau and BAfA1/4dingen and the other areas where we served," she said, thanking German citizens for the hospitality they extended over the decades. Was there from late 71, to May of 74. ", "The Americans did a lot for our city," said Kaminsky, pointing out how in the years immediately following World War II, the U.S. military helped reconstruct Hanau and brought peace. I have dark hair mustache 5'8 Kriegers roommate man you see the pictures you'll remember. Das Gelnde wurde betrchtlich erweitert und dort Truppen und Panzer stationiert. I truly love your site - I read it every week, and have for years. Hutier Kaserne Follow @currentopscom. I was at HQ 42 MP Group when. 1 Loader Department of Defense WE assembled at Pioneer Kaserne at 0530, road marched cross country the 4-5 kilometers to Fliegerhorst Kaserne. Fraizer and SFC Mieshenbach. Chuck Hulit, [email protected], I knew a George Smith there in '67 in HHB, I was there from Feb 67 to Feb 69 assigned to Hq Btry 6th Bn 59th Arty Hawk Missiles DSP., I was station there from 1978 to 1981 with BCo 1st Squadron 1st Cav had a lot of good times, I was stationed at Taylor Barracks from May 92 thru May 94. Hello I'm trying to locate Bruno from across the street. I can close my eyes & be there,just in side the gate turn rt up the stairs around & around stop on 3 down to the end next to the lady's shower.My roomate Rick Krieger & I laughed partied fought cried spit shined pressed & starched. AFA and later the 2/73 FA. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Geschichte 2 Konversion 3 Siehe auch 4 Denkmalschutz 5 Literatur 6 Weblinks 7 Einzelnachweise Geschichte [ Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten] Sometime during the summer of 68, I think, we moved to Francois Kaserne, in Hanau. Die US-Armee nutzte die Kaserne bis 2007. ", While Club 905 is only planned as a temporary center, Hanau's mayor said that a more permanent home is in the works. Originally constituted on July 16, 1940 as the 3rd Ordnance Battalion (Maintenance), the unit activated on July 1, 1941 at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland; it was designated the 8th Ordnance Battalion on August 11, 1941. | U.S. Army March to Service Campaign, Army to review discharges and status-upgrade procedures for behavioral health conditions, National Museum of the United States Army to open Veterans Day 2020. cascades down through the subordinate units, the 3rd Armored Division Band leads off with "Moon River" from "Breakfast at Tiffanys", set to a dreamy 4/4 time. I loved it and would love to visit again. Der ehemalige Exerzierplatz erhielt den Namen Sophie-Scholl-Platz, was heftig kritisiert wurde, weil ihr Name fr eine ehemalige Kaserne schlicht ungeeignet sei. Many great memories of Hanau. We were stationed in Germany in 1975 through 1978. I recently found out our unit was deactivated. 05-07-2011 02:50:42 ZULU. Once again, dad thought his career was over - what would an infantry lieutenant do in a tank company? The Hanau American Veterans Center is located at Ulanenplatz 2 on Lamboy Strasse - across the street from the former Hutier Kaserne and just down the street from the former U.S. Army Garrison. "Americans who were assigned to the BAfA1/4dingen and Hanau areas all have great memories. My # is 217-775-8629. One day, my father was shocked to see the regimental CO in his platoon area. I was stationed in Hanau from 1984-1986. yet I am still hopeful that I am able to make it. left Germany and went to Ft. Sill Oklahoma so did Krieger & Sgt Brenda German & her old man. I was station at Bismarck from October, 1962 until February, 1965. Located in Hanau are Pioneer Kaserne, home to the 130th Combat Engineer Brigade, as well as the Yorkhof, Hutier, and Francois Kasernes. Die weitere Nutzung des Gelndes scheiterte an mangelndem Interesse, sodass vor allem die historischen Gebude lange leer standen und verfielen. "They came in 1945 as liberators and left as friends.". And although that is partially true - this club welcomes a distinctly more mature clientele - U.S. veterans, retirees, spouses and widows - who meet once a week for conversation, refreshments and to share information. Everyone has seen the old version of the movie From Here To Eternity, and remembers the tremendous emphasis that high level commanders placed on regimental sports teams, during the 1930s - 1950s. 1952 photo of barracks building at Hutier Kaserne in Hanau, Join 3AD! I said I was there 83-85 3rd Armored Div he said I was 3rd Armored div. Quick facts. As soon as i do, i'm gonna omg. He would eventually branch transfer to Armor and command Tk Co, 16th Inf Regt. This building housed the Service Club, USAFI office, a small PX ,etc. Co. and after reorganization B Co. 14th QM. find my friend." AFA and later the 2/73 FA. SERVICE CLUB. The battalion moved again in May 1955 to Pioneer Kaserne, Hanau, Germany. I hope you are well and happy!! Zuletzt bearbeitet am 15. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Yorkhof Kaserne (2.9 mi.) November 1950 bernahm die US-Armee die Kaserne und richtete sie bis 1953 fr ihre Zwecke her. 2,951,306, MILITARY UNITS - HHB 3rd ARMORED DIVISION Hutier kaserne Hanau Germ. "They performed an invaluable favor for the veterans. Very minor changes to this building since I watched flicks there. Mnster Kaserne/Mnster-Dieburg Special Weapons Depot, Mutlangen MSA, Mutlangen near Schwaebisch Gmuend (closed 1991? Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Feel bad because i cant out your face to the name. The normal 2 year duty was extended for most of us, especially FO and Recon MOS types. Francois Kaserne, Hanau, 1991 (Source: Thomas Fuerhahn and the city of Hanau, Germany) Francois Kaserne (center) on Lamboystrasse in Hanau. I was there between 1973 to 1974 had a great time. Installation Management Community YouTube, Hanau opens American Veterans Center -- first of its kind in Europe, Army Inspector General Administers Oath of Enlistment to Recruits on Army Birthday, Local Vietnam veterans showcase personal objects from their service, U.S. Army STAND-TO! Hessen Homburg Kaserne, Hanau 23d Engineer Battalion F Co, 122d Combat Support Bn. Did you proudly serve in HHB 3RD ARMORED DIVISION HUTIER KASERNE HANAU GERM? In that resturant was the SALAMI pizza..I must taste this pizza again.ALSO If you know any of these people let me know Mike Ford the little trinking man from Michigan ,Eddie(Bob)Davis from Cal,my sponsor D.Holtrom. Ever since i found your comment i have been checking to see if you posted something. Former army airfield Hanau (Erlensee) Germany / Hessen / Neuberg / Erlensee . In 1920, Hutier was converted to civilian-type buildings, including schools and police. Supplied 32 chow halls w/meats & produce. Where are the best places to eat? Hutier Kaserne, Hanau (bottom left), home of HHB, 3rd Armored Division Artillery (Frank Shirer) . Rick Krieger, Eddie Davis,a guy named Joe F. He was from syracuse. The deal was cut, in a nano second, but it turned out it wasn't quite what my father had expected. We raced volkswagens on our time off and we'd go to the range and shoot all day. This website is for informational purposes, it was correct at the time of writing. What events are coming this October? I was later to meet Vessey when he was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and I was Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Intelligence. I was there and loved every minute. I could see Camp King (and the Grosser Feldberg) from my bedroom window - a truly "million dollar view". I was in Metro section, but knew many in other MOS. Thanks for making it possible!" Whrend des Zweiten Weltkriegs wurde die Kaserne 1945 schwer beschdigt. I hope this info and some personal experience related here helps. If you have any Even the fire down on the end remember that? I lived in Hanau from 1972 until 1995. Made some great friends and the memories that I have from being there are some that I speak of very fondly. The unit supports exercises and operations across Europe, including support to Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romania. Are you looking for someone who is or was in HHB 3RD ARMORED DIVISION HUTIER KASERNE HANAU GERM? My initial job was to drive this SP Howitzer [M-52]. he said yeah Germany in 87. I called the number ans wow he was blown away when he found out who I was. Lol, Yeah man I get your e mail address i'll send photos from over there or address I'll send you copys Yeah man I've been looking for you !!! On July 15, 1993 the unit was further re-designated the 18th Corps Support Battalion. MAIN GATE. It was a wonderful moment that we will both remember for the rest of our lives, and we owe it to VetFriends. It's been nearly 40 years since we parted. They still can't comprehend the emotions that are involved. My daughter was born in the hospital downtown Hanau and went to german school in Ravolzhausen before we moved back to the states. His Salamee pizza was to die for I ate one every day. Many of these parts are high value items making it essential that each item is accurately accounted for. After being on the Howitzer crew, having been promoted to Cpl., in June I was sent to 7th Army NCO Acadamy, Bad Toelz, Germany, graduated and was promoted to Sgt. Seen this old dude long gray beard Army Vet hat,so I ask where was you located, did you go over seas? At that time, he was a Reserve officer, and the powers that be were quite blunt - "No RA, no line infantry platoon." Hey Cathy! I've attached a couple of photos from the first tour. CC "A" / 1st Bde The crowning glory was the nose art (which he designed), featuring a large cav yellow arrow and small lightning bolts. Hanau has changed a lot since those years after WW II. when I was there 1956-59. Capt. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION the people were great and when I let it was a very large part of my life was closing and I would love to go back some day. My email address is [email protected] or through this site. Join 3AD! You can reach me at BENSAMMIE [email protected]. I will call you as soon as i can. Nothing, however, could make this a more surreal event then what happened next. of 3rd Armored Division Units in Germany . Nachdem die US-Armee 2007 aus der Kaserne abzog, entschied sich die Stadt Hanau, die Freiwillige Feuerwehr vom alten Standort westlich der Innenstadt in die ehemalige Panzerhalle zu verlegen. Each kaserne has an interesting history of its own. The unit saw extensive service in the Mexican War, Civil War, Spanish-American War, both World Wars and Korea. Shot from parking lot of souvenir store. Looking for a great friend of mine who I lost contact with. I recall that somewhere up the chain, a decision was made that we looked far better wearing our AG 108 wool shirts and battle pants than we did in regular fatigues. Medics were also housed in this building. was stationed in Hutier Kaserne, Hanau, Germany. Colors were cased 17 January 1992. At the time, we were the only SP 8-in battery (at division level?) 1 Assistant Gunner Thanks for making it possible, Thanks so much VetFriends.com for your help and genuine concern for locating this long lost buddy of mine, Please Enter a Valid email address with no spaces, VetFriends Members: When I first arrived, the 6th/40th had 3-155 SP Batteries and 1-eight inch battery. Looking forward to our visit. #ga-ad {display: none;} The 71st Ordnance Company maintained the unique distinction of being the only missile maintenance company in V Corps. That simple decision to play baseball would send him on a long, long road, ending with retirement in 1973, as Colonel on the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. Feel free to email me my brothers [email protected], I was with the 26 S & S Co. From 85-89 looking for Sallie Ann Marcello from E . Retired in Leesville, LA. [email protected] I ran into another 503rd Spearhead a couple of years back, I was at the laundry mat in small town Indiana. The battalion arrived in Europe in the spring of 1944 as part of the 51st Ordnance Group and provided support to the 1st Army through Victory in Europe Day, May 8, 1945, and to the 9th and 7th Armies, respectively, during the initial occupation. I know your name but cant place the face. Later HQ for an Engineer Bn. I'm trying to locate her or family, locate me: 925 W. Cherry St, Compton, Calif(323) 775-4054. okay well get back with me if you remember. Schloesser described how her husband, Dr. Robert Schloesser, U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden's director of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation, served as a young lieutenant in Hanau in the early 1960s and returned in following years to serve in a civilian capacity. The buildings suffered heavy damage from Allied bombings and looting by civilians prior to this, but were restored by the U.S. Die Hutier-Kaserne ist eine ehemalige Kasernenanlage im Stadtteil Lamboy der Stadt Hanau. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Cardwell Village Fam Hsg (0.5 mi.) I had a great time and intend to go again next year. Superimposed on the large arrow was the division motto SPEARHEAD and the silhouette of an M-4A3E8 tank. I ran the FDC from 16 Oct 1955 until we . My roomates name was Joe Garcia. I really enjoyed my time there,and miss it very much. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Francois . E5 by MG Creighton Abrams, 3AD Commander. Somehow, that information reached 16th Infantry regimental HQ. We took Basic and Advanced Training together in the unit and in May 1956 shipped to Pioneer Kaserne, Hanau, West Germany. All my dad ever told me - "That's where the weird intell stuff is.." lol. We all lived over at Bruno's especially on sundays with Marchello and Luigi in the kitchen. Mihalko family in Germany. We were stationed in Germany in 1975 through 1978. LTC Vessey had a fine goodbye party for me as I left Fliegerhorst Kaserne and at my send off gave me the 3rd Armored Division (Spearhead) Certificate of Achievement. I will be dropping by frequently. If anyone remembers us send me an email at [email protected]. We talked on the phone several times in the last few years, and finally we were able to meet in El Paso, TX for a short visit. For the 509th. My time with him was a daily laboratory in leadership. In 1920, Hutier was converted to civilian-type buildings, including schools and police. (Page 2 - Combat Commands/Brigades - Division Artillery) Living in Hanau, at that time was my home away from home,and the guys were like my brother. I am interested in recording the history of the football matches played against each other and am wondering if thered is someone who can help me please. 3 ponds you had that Asian girlfriend? ADDITIONAL INFORMATION EVERYBODY knew when Spearhead came to town. City/Town Hanau State Hesse Country Germany Continent Europe . We draftees returned home in May 1957 and the enlistees stayed for another year. I need to locate either of those gentlemen. Hey man it's Nelson contact me man been looking for you for years. Led by Company Commander Capt. He was assigned to 1ID - first as the Pioneer and Ammo Plat Ldr of 16th Inf Regt. We were both married in Hanau. We actually expected the Russians and East Germans m to try the "Fulda Gap", it would have been hell for all, since tactical nuclear weapons would definitely have been implemented to level the field. Become a Member/Renew Membership, The Colonel Daniel A. Merritt President's Award, 3d Armored Division Engineers Introduction, World War II monument, Fort Knox, Kentucky, 3D Armored Division monument, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, MG Maurice Rose Tribute, Denver, Colorado, All era 3D Armored Division monument, Ft. Benning, Georgia, Liberation "Thanks" memorial, Fleron, Belgium, Order of Saint George, Fort Benning, Georgia, Lamp Post and Plaque, Fort Benning, Georgia, 3D Armored Division liberation monument, Dison, Belgium, 3D Armored Division "Battle of the Bulge" memorial, Houffalize, Belgium, 3D Armored Division monument, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, 3D Armored Division Unit Tribute, Fort Belvior, Virginia, 3D Armored Division memorial, Vielsalm, Belgium, DS rank not known; now an Instructor at Fort Sill, What tactical position held? Marchello his right hand man can't remember the cooks name. Thanks VetFriends, It was a wonderful moment that we will both remember for the rest of our lives, and we owe it to VetFriends. On August 16, 1965, under the COSTAR Concept, the unit was officially re-designated as the 8th Maintenance Battalion. Headquarters and Headquarters Battery DIVARTY subsequently reflagged as the 42d FA Brigade which redeployed to Fort Polk, LA along with 4-82 FA. To rapidly and safely deploy worldwide; to provide expeditionary logistics; to execute command and control over the full spectrum of sustainment operations as part of a battalion or theater sustainment command operation as directed; and on order,support U.S. Army Europe deployment and redeployment operations. On August 16, 1965, under the COSTAR Concept, the unit was officially re-designated as the 8th Maintenance Battalion. Part of the 16th Sustainment Brigade "Knights Brigade," the battalion prides itself on being the only combat sustainment support battalion in all of Europe and supports missions and operations across the globe for U.S. Army Europe and the 21st Theater Sustainment Command. Fortunately he had also become a member and responded to my email. The buildings of Francois Kaserne house offices and a school for adult education, amongst user uses. December 21, 1973 - Hi I was stationed at Hessen Homburg Kaserne, Alpha Company, 23RD Engineer, from December 1973 to December 1979. In 1968, we were moved to Francois Kaserne on the other side of Hanau. Before leaving Tank Company, the 1st Inf Div was sufficiently pleased with his performance, to grant him an RA commission and command of Tank Company. Shot from parking lot of souvenir store. If you will play on my 16th Infantry Regiment team, I will give you command of a line platoon." The buildings will be renovated and provided for commercial and industrial use. Call me 970-520-6482. in Germany from 1945 to 1989. I TRY to tell civilians (and they cannot comprehend) that most of my old "home towns" are now gone - obliterated. My first duty station. had its Headquarters in Babenhausen, Germany and the 506th QM. After the 18 mos command time at KG, we went back to Drake-Edwards, where my dad was 3AD Asst G-2. In Paris, France, on December 15, 1946, the unit was demobilized. Login to Add Yours Join VetFriends To: Reunite with Unit Buddies Browse Military Units Post Unit Messages Great Discounts & More! Based on Hutier Kaserne, in Hanau, Germany, its primary mission was to provide direct and general support maintenance to the 41st Field Artillery Brigade in Babenhausen. Die Hutier-Kaserneist eine ehemalige Kasernenanlageim StadtteilLamboyder Stadt Hanau. Veteran L. Prickett, "Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your help! 2001 entschied sich die Stadt Hanau, auf dem Gelnde der ehemaligen Kaserne eine Schule zu errichten, um den Stadtteil aufzuwerten. As virtually every platoon leader in the regiment was RA, my father truly believed his Army career was over. I was in the 6th Battalion 40th Artillery form August 1966 to December 1968. I still remember the guys in my company; Jughead and Morgan. I suffered a terrible mid-life crisis over the last 5-10 years; as the Germans began to tear down our old homes. I'm still working on a couple of things. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Cardwell Village Fam Hsg (3.1 mi.) Dude i have been trying to find you or anybody. Hutier Kaserne, Hanau (bottom left), home of HHB, 3rd Armored Division Artillery (Frank Shirer) . Thanks John Perez Spring Arbor,Mi. Nassau, NY. Co. consisted of a Company HQ , Maintenance Section and Transportation Section in Hutier Kaserne. After being commissioned from OCS in 1949, my father was assigned to 2d Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment at Pinder Barracks in Zirndorf. During that time the 14th QM. Him & Marcello they always called me Nelslow. Located to right of Pioneer Club. We Gyroscoped w/3AD in Apr 1956 (our second tour to FRG). Do you have HHB 3RD ARMORED DIVISION HUTIER KASERNE HANAU GERM Reunion information you'd like to share Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. For its distinguished service during World War II, the battalion was awarded campaign streamers for the Rhineland and Central European campaigns. The first address you sent me is my buddy. ", A,A Stephen Waller, an employee with Central Texas College who retired from the U.S. military in 1984 and still lives in Hanau, said the new center was "excellent.". I have photos from over there contact me ! Located in Hanau are Pioneer Kaserne, home to the 130th Combat Engineer Brigade, as well as the Yorkhof, Hutier, and Francois Kasernes.. Hanau, Hesse, Germany NATO Site #5 (2.4 mi.) I was in A co.I used to party with some guys you mentioned. Our Commanding Officer was Lt David L. Benton, III. Panzer Kaserne, Bblingen: attached to HQ 7th Army Support Command: 569th Pers Svc Co (Type B) Flak Kaserne, Ludwigsburg: attached to 3rd Support Brigade: 574th Pers Svc Co (Type B) Hutier Kaserne, Hanau: attached to 2nd Support Brigade: 575th Pers Svc Co (Type B) Taylor Barracks, Mannheim: attached to 1st Support Brigade The 2nd How Bn 3rd Atry was a component of Combat Command 'A' [later renamed 1st Regiment] along with one Infantrry and one Armored [Medium Tank Bn]. However, in 1936-37, it was reconverted to German military use under Adolf Hitler's regime. I arrived as a Private in Germany on the USS ROSE, 27th December 1959 and was transported, via rail, to Butzbach, Germany [Schloss Kaserne], assigned to Battery 'C' 2nd Howitzer Bn 3rd Artillery [105 SP][M-52][Cerelitus et accuratio][Speed and Accuracy]. Hutier Kaserne (2.4 mi.) On July 15, 1993 the unit was further re-designated the 18th Corps Support Battalion. Hanau, Hesse, Germany NATO Site #5 (1.8 mi.) SERVICE CLUB. the cantena there was german there I ate 1/2 chicken pomm fritz ein cola 2bucks the seasoning on the skin would dissolve w/ an explosion of flavor.contact me @ [email protected]. I can't believe you don't remember me man we went to the Jethro Tull Under Wraps concert with Joe Foderer & the tall blonde haired dude that lived below Kreiger & I on the 2nd flr. See ya Brother or something like that.. E-mail me your # I'll send you some photos from over there, if I can find them. The 18th Corps Support Battalion consists of the Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, the 71st Ordnance Company (Missile Maintenance) and the 77th Maintenance Company. All you 56th RPSC folk, I see you SSG Maine (Supply Sergeant) and otherswe had a 30-year reunion in Gatlinburg last year. The 506th QM. I was there 86-89 56 RPSC. was there 85-87, what a wonderful time I had, 19 yrs old and in a wonderful country. Patricia do you remember Kathy Plaisted. I understand you are a fine baseball player. 88. Pioneer Kaserne. It was a hard decision but as a single mother it was very hard working 6-7 days a week and raising her. Constituted 5 July 1838 in the Regular Army as Battery K, 1st Regiment of Artillery Organized 11 August 1838 at Fort Hamilton, New York 1 Section Chief, Sgt E5 I have been trying to find her. On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. The 2nd Battalion, 6th Artillery was assigned to the Divisions 2nd Brigade stationed at Coleman Kaserne in Gelnhausen. Hi Michael Roche, E mail me [email protected]. Erst 2012 besserte sich die Situation und Unternehmen siedelten sich dort an. Training and Alerts intensified due to the rise of the Berlin Wall in August 1961 and the 'Cuban Crisis'. (Main) (DISCOM) Hutier Kaserne, Hanau HHB DIV ARTY 4th Bn, 82d Field Artillery (DIVARTY) A Co, 122d Combat Support Bn (Main) (DISCOM) Hanau Detachment, 533d MI Bn. I said what he said I don't like her & she don't like me so I lost touch with him. I've been looking for many yrs. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Pioneer Kaserne (1.9 mi.) I wish I could go back but it appears that it has changed so much that I wouldn't recognize it. I'm from Illinois and wore a fighting Illini jacket. April 10, 2014- Hi I was stationed at Hessen Homburg Kaserne,Alpha Company, 23RD Engineer, from Dec. 1973 to July 1977. The photo is dated 7 Dec 1956 (not June 1956) and shows the 3d Armd Div Air Section (not avn det) aircraft, at that time stationed at Bonames. Bn. WIESBADEN, Germany - From its name, Club 905, one might assume this is a swinging hot spot where people meet for a good time. my husband was stationed at hessen homburg kaserne in the early 80s I worked at the 23 club we loved Hanau. any of this ringing a bell, used to go to Kerry's to party her husband was a prior service civilian they got divorced she hooked up with Mullens big white dude from Indiana. For the first couple years we were at Pioneer Kaserne outside Hanau. I worked @ GroBauheim in cold storage. herman frazier. For the 509th. Part of the. The official opening of the Kaserne on 19 March 1939 was marked by a large celebration, involving a parade from the center of Erlensee to the front gate, and a Volksfest of 25,000 German civilians, who were treated to an air show . I had the great honor and delight to serve with LTC Vessey for the next two years as part of his consolidated S2/S3. 4th Brigade Division Artillery (DIVARTY), 3d Armored Division I was just telling a friend I wish I could go across the street to the Park Inn, and get some Pommes Frites, a rindswurst and a beer. Military Catalog, Sales, Discounts & more. Im Jahr 1991 rumte die US-Armee die Hessen-Homburg-Kaserne. Thank you, Tony, Hey, I am looking for anyone who was in HHB DIVARTY during 1977 - 78. Percy Shaddock; (323) 775-4054 Compton, Calif. He is so thankful I called and we exchanged addresses and he wants to come and visit. On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. At this point, his story becomes stranger than fiction. I dont think i got to sit with you all at the Tull concert because i got my ticket there or something. ing ceremony at Hutier Kaserne in Hanau, Germany. Then the same time we both said Bruno's. He said we were like brothers and then all of a sudden, we lost all contact. I was recruited from high school. In the last few years, the 18th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion has deployed to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom, Hungary in support of Operation Joint Endeavor/Guard, supported NATO operations as part of Operations Allied Force and Shining Hope in Tirana, Albania, and conducted three Kosovo Force rotations at Camp Able Sentry in Macedonia. See more ideas about hanau, germany, united states army. Cpt Schwartz was the commander. Anyone served with 56 rpsc pioneer kasern 1986 to 1990? Have you seen anyone else? Saw the post. Hutier Kaserne, still named for a famous Prussian general, was constructed between 1908 and 1910. My equipment consisted of a Jeep with trailer, 2 Jeep mounted radios with an approximate rang of 75 miles, a remote wire system, Field Binoculars and all kinds of maps of Germany. The Hanau American Veterans Center is located at Ulanenplatz 2 on Lamboy Strasse - across the street from the former Hutier Kaserne and just down the street from the former U.S. Army Garrison Hessen Headquarters on Yorkhof Kaserne. Our first tour (1949-53), my dad was fresh outta OCS (he had been an inf plat sgt w/103d ID in WWII). Main Page Schloss Kaserne but i came back to hutier on some weekends. Please look up the unit on Facebook and join us. I am lookinf for the company photo and list of names of those in the company. On arrival in 1962 it was a 155SP and, I was station in Stockerbusch Kaserne 1974-1979 11B Custodial Security Guard at that time it was the 27th Ord Co.. Aufgrund der weiter eher verhaltenen Nachfrage ist nunmehr geplant, entgegen der ursprnglichen Planung auch Wohnungen in Hutier zu errichten. Loved Germany. We were told that they had up to 19 Divisions sitting on the other side. Looking for Bob Lasky, Bob Lougee, BJ Robinsonand many more who were there. Looking for more information from military/civilian Thank you so much again for helping me U.S. However, the site is not updated frequently anymore. "Ladies of Harley" HOG patch collectible HD motorcycle biker emblem souvenir, 24 cigar bands Washington The History Of Aviation Set 32 iss in 1970, JAPAN Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode II Transgression Pamphlet, Allis Chalmers D15 D17 D19 Grill . On August 1,1951, four years after being deactivated, the 8th Ordnance Battalion was reactivated in Feudenhaven, Germany. Die Wikipedia wnscht sich an dieser Stelle ein Bild vom hier behandelten Ort. 16th Sustainment Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 266th Financial Management Support Center, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil. Hutier Kaserne (bottom left), on Lamboy Strasse, around 1986 (Frank Shirer) New HHB, DivArty barracks on Hutier constructed in 1986 (Frank Shirer) Hutier Kaserne, on Lamboy Strasse, after the post was closed (Thomas Neser) Francois Kaserne, 1986 (Thomas Feuerhahn & Hanau City) Francois Kaserne, 1991 (Thomas Feuerhahn & Hanau City) Based on Hutier Kaserne, in Hanau, Germany, its primary mission was to provide direct and general support maintenance to the 41st Field Artillery Brigade in Babenhausen.