As described above, I expect the days I get to disappear immediately. There is no other interpretation possible. Guests visiting Shanghai Disneyland and Disneytown are advised to take the metro, taxi or other public transportation. Hi, we want to go to Disneyland September 19 & 20. I appreciate your time and any insight you may have! It doesnt matter if youre visiting Disneys California Adventure or Universal Hollywood, we have found park hours can be confusing. I know its too early for the summer crowd calendars but do you have any insight about late June vs July crowds? Before you even get to Disneyland and youre considering when to go, research our yearly planning guide to get an idea of whats going on and when. Guests 14 years of age or older. Purchase now through December 11, 2023, for usage through December 15, 2023; blockout dates of April 2, 2023, through April 15, 2023 . Read up on things to do when its super crowded so you can do those once the crowds become too much. Crowd calendars offer an estimate of how crowded the Disney Parks will be on a specific day. If thats more work than you want to do, we also have plenty of recommendationswith the asterisk that Disneyland crowds are subject to change! (In theorysee the above note about staffing which illustrates why this is not always true.). Learn how your comment data is processed. Any other Disneyland crowd calendar that claims clairvoyance is lying. Ready to book a trip for 2023? Be sure to check the Disneyland calendar on the official Disneyland website for more info on closures, entertainment schedules, and other info. 4-Day Military Promotional Park Hopper Ticket with Disney Genie+ Service: $380. In a normal year, January and February are the slowest months of the year at Disneyland. This is one Disney fan they have lost. Once Walt Disney World and Disneyland reopened to Guests after temporarily closing due to the ongoing pandemic, the theme parks implemented anew reservation systemto help monitor Park capacity calledthe Park Pass system. With this being said, Inside the Magic fan Kent stated: The Disney Parks already believe that riding 3 attractions in a day is a bargain for $100. The experience used to be wonderful and magical. 255 S Orange Avenue Suite 104 PMB1004 Orlando, FL 32801, TheParkprodigy.com is not affiliated with, authorized, or endorsed by or in any way officially connected with the Walt Disney Company, Universal Studios or Seaworld. Created in 2005, what started as a tiny central Florida-based website and short weekly podcast that allowed our audience to visit Walt Disney World virtually has grown into the publishing company it is today. With that said, the biggest factor of all is local visitor habits. As we said in our initial Park Hopping guide, you can call a Park Hopping hotline to check on the status of the current theme park capacity restrictions. This site is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or in any other way associated with The Walt Disney Company. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a000eacd374a2c3fdc4c98208274e07f" );document.getElementById("fe7f78b4f3").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If school schedules are something around which you must plan, chances are youre going to go during one of the busier (or at least not one of the least busy) times of the year, as thats the paramount consideration for many other families planning trips, too. You can also find weeks spread out throughout the year with lower than normal Disney crowd levels. We recommend avoiding Presidents Day weekend, spring break, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas week. Disneyland is one of the most visited destinations in the world, which makes it important to choose your dates carefully. Also, on capacity days, security lines are exceptionally long. If youre hoping to snag reservations for a sold out day, keep reading. The event tends to make Disney California Adventure more crowded, so avoid going on these dates if you can. Do not wait until you see a reservation to buy! Other days likely to reach capacity?s Major attraction or land openings and fourth of July. Only leave Disneyland Park if you dont plan to return because theres a chance you could be turned away. For park admission deals, read Tips for Saving Money on Disneyland Tickets. But, a pass at WDW might be niceer this time around. Dapper Day Spring Outing (unofficial event) Itll be interesting to see how all of this actually plays out. Specifically, here are the school districts that have the biggest impact on Disneyland attendance: Our crowd calendars take all of these districts into account, as their academic breaks and school schedules can have a significant impact on Disneyland attendance. We compile this information using historical data from the past several years. Of the traditional school holidays, summer break is probably the best time to visit, as it is the longest school break so you dont have the concentration of guests all visiting during the same week of other holidays. Because of this, Disneyland tends to allocate more resources (e.g. Waiting in lines for two hours with a five year old is nuts. To be sure, Disneyland and DCA are slower right now than they were during Christmas-time. Lake Mead is now at 1,046.97 feet above sea level. By strategizing well, you can accomplish more during a busy day with longer hours than during a shorter day with light crowds. Inside the Magic reader Chris pointed this out, saying: I think they need to keep the maximum number of people allowed as it is right now, but bring back all attractions, shows, restaurants, etc. During peak season dates like Presidents Day and Spring Break, organic demand might be significantly higher than the number of available reservations. I knew this was going to be a rough week for crowds at DL but with my kids schedules, it was this week or nothing. These monthly guides offer info & tips about special events weather, prices, reservations, and more to help you save timeand your sanity! Accordingly, what were going to do here is give you the tools to choose the best days to visit Disneylandand the worst days to avoid. I guess thats good news for us, but well see! Speaking of which, school schedules, weather, special events, park hours, and more may all affect when you want to visit Disneyland. The next few days days I paid the ridiculous price thst is charged for premium parking, but no ECVS. Our guide to January 2023 at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure offers a free crowd calendar, days to visit & avoid, SoCal weather, seasonal events, new attraction openings, refurbishments, and more. I bet there will be a huge surge around the time kids vaccines are announced, and maybe again when theyre fully FDA approved. They typically are created a year in advance, so most information is estimated. For more on this, and some of the less-intuitive times that might be busy, consult our resources and tips below. Universal Hollywood park tickets do not fluctuate as much as Disney tickets which is a big plus. These 2023 Disneyland and DCA crowd calendars will help you choose when to go to the parks, based on a variety of variables: school schedules, holiday breaks, typical travel times to Southern California, and more. However, not nearly to the degree as normal. This means (theoretically) that Disneyland can better control crowds, traffic flow, staffing and more during your visit. We will automatically pick the best days for your family to travel for that given month, and exclude the, By tracking ride wait time data over the years we have been able to pick up patterns. The same is true for Presidents Day weekend, Easter week, Memorial Day weekend, the Fourth of July holiday, and Thanksgiving week. The Best Days to Go to Disneyland in 2023 There are lots of hotels in the area, as well as the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, located adjacent to the resort. Any questions we can help you answer? For California Adventure, O.C. We update our Disneyland California Crowd Calendar using the latest park events, national holidays, universities & k-12 school year plus our own personal wait time data and vacation planning experience. Those wanting to visit need to purchase tickets. When the parade comes to a stop, a vibrant performance featuring lively music and vivid colors will blossom. You can read more about Christmas-time at Disneyland in our in-depth guide. Lightning Laneis basicallypaid FastPass+ system, whichmany are not happy with.In fact, some claimLightning Lane actually doubled their wait time. With our discounted Walt Disney World theme park tickets guests can choose from the following parks! Christmas season in December with weekends busier (read our, Entirety of Halloween season from mid-September through the end of October, with weekends busier (read our, Most of January and February, except holidays. We are trying to decide based on crowds. Yup, the first day I walked even though I needed to ride. One of the benefits of staying at Disneyland hotels is extra magic hours. FYI, the link for the info about conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center is broken . These 2023 Disneyland and DCA crowd calendars will help you choose when to go to the parks, based on a variety of variables: school schedules, holiday breaks, typical travel times to Southern California, and more. Heres more on Disneylands capacity and what that means for lines, increase in crowds and reservations. One of the main downfalls to full Park capacity never returning is that prior to the reduced capacity put in place, Guests rarely had to deal with an at capacity Park. I am happy that I have to make a reservation, hoping that the crowds are Slightly less weither at WDW or Disneyland. I dont recall any of you speaking up to defend our honor when we were faced with these same trials and tribulations, so turnabout is fair play, or something like that. There are definitely other wildcards that make it more difficult for Disneyland crowd calendars to predict attendance or wait times on specific dates with accuracy far in advance. These events range from concerts, holiday parties, and festivals throughout the year. Consider your tolerance to cold, and weather youre willing to purchase countless $70 Mickey Mouse sweatshirts during your trip when, inevitably, members of your family get cold! Most schools are out of session on the weeks before and of Easter Sunday (April 9). Guests with 1-5 day tickets can make reservations 120 days in advance of their visit and guests with Disneyland Magic Key Annual Passes can make park reservations 90 days before the day they hope to visit. You can access our Disneyland crowd calendars and monthly guides via the links below, each of which will open in a new browser tab: Each month is updated with final forecasts approximately 30 to 60 days before the start of that month. It will be as full as they can handle with current staffing and operations. Please let me know! Disney doesnt release those numbers to the public, but the L.A. Times puts it at around 80,000 and that was before Galaxys Edge. These evenings will have certain sections of the theme parks shut down specifically for recent high school graduates. Thank you! Get in touch with Jessica: [emailprotected] dot com, We're not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company or Disneyland. Gavin Newsom first announced the parks could return to full capacity in May . Love the newsletter btw. With that, we have a betterbut still incompleteunderstanding of when Disneyland will be more and less crowded. Although the Parks are crowded, the Parks are still operating under a reduced capacity. June. Finally, theres the extent to which pent-up demand among tourists is actually declining. Well be blunt with youwe cannot perfectly predict crowds for 2023 and no one can. Disney has refreshed the Disney Park Pass inventory for Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World during the TRON Lightcycle Run preview period. Ticket prices range from $105-154 a day for one-day . What to do if Disneyland reaches capacity during your visit, how to get sold out reservations days and how to deal when youre there on the busiest days of the year. Another thing you can do prior is book dining reservations inside Disneyland Park 60 days in advance. We put together a calendar that shows the best time to go to Disneyland during the whole year, including peak travel times. Guests who previously entered Disneyland Park may be permitted back in at that time. A: We are unsure if Disneyland has returned to full capacity or not, but we do know that guests do have to still make park reservations for both California Disney theme parks.