All rights reserved. For more information, read, How to Remove First Federal Credit Control from Your Credit Report, How to Remove First National Collection Bureau, Inc. from Your Credit Report, How to Remove Frontline Asset Strategies from Your Credit Report, How to Remove DCM Services from Your Credit Report, How to Remove FMA Alliance from Your Credit Report, remove the collection entry from your credit report, How to Remove Convergent Outsourcing from Your Credit Report, Telecommunication suppliers such as Sprint and T-Mobile, Failing to respond to debt validation requests. I disputed the claim and was told they would confirm with the company before any further actions took place. Shortly after paying it off they noted on my credit report that the debt was cleared. Rude! REBUTTAL BOX I suppose they need to provide: Proof of contract - with sign-on and termination dates. This is not correct as I owe no one anything or have any debt. Many factors affect your FICO Scores and the interest rates you may receive. Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Scam- Trying to collect a paid AT&T account from 16 years ago Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Houston Texas, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc false claim of oweing money Houston Texas, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. ATERS001 Sears National Bank RIPOFF Houston Texas, convergent outsourcing inc Sue Called to talk to me about debt that was due this year. This is your right under the FDCPA. Opinions are our own, but compensation and in-depth research determine where and how companies may appear. SCAM! Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. We have been in business since 1950 and are a longtime member of ACA International. Were available to help by phone at 1-800-444-8485 or online through our contact form. I have an old Sprint account that went into collections via Convergent Outsourcing. I called the Federal Bureau of Consumer Protection and filed a report. I took the forums advice and sent a DV letter which they verified, I then proceeded to send a PIF/PFD letter on 8/30; today is 10/6 and still no response. Payment FAQs How do I find my account number? As Convergent Outsourcing, Inc., we operate as a third party debt collector for our clients. I was a month to month plan. Copyright 2001-document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Fair Isaac Corporation. I told them I had never had an account with this place and have NEVER owed such an amount to anyone. If not, the collection on your report can stand as you had a valid debt, that was being collected from a valid debt collector. This piece of federal legislation prevents debt collectors from harassing customers to pay. The records of Verizon Wireless show that your balance of $38.63 is due in full. I asked if she was sure and she said yes. Check your credit report 30 days after you make your first payment. I decided to call Sprint today. All FICO Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO Score 8, and may include additional FICO Score versions. Companies across the United States contact us to help them recover debts. FAQs Sprint cannot make exceptions to this policy. A link has directed you to this review. It collects on behalf of companies and businesses in a variety of industries, including: Although its incredibly annoying, Convergent Outsourcing is a legitimate business and not a scam. I paid $834.26 directly to Sprint on July 5th and received a confirmation number of 123456789 for my payment. Corporate Advocacy Program - Verified Status, How To Get Your Report Featured On All Report Pages. Do I handle the debt through Convergent? I am requesting that Convergent delete the tradelines on my credit report because I have paid the original creditor and they have no permissible purpose by law to report on my credit. Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. ATERSO01PO Box 1022Wixom MI 48393-1022 Notice received by US Mail stating I owe Dish Network $149.85 and offering me a settlement amount of only $74.93. He said this Teresa ** could have had this phone number before it was given to me. Convergent Outsourcing does not accept payment in exchange for credit deletion. I was making payments via automatic draft. Miami Florida, Old Town Atelier Dan Kolar Alexandra Kolar Press and Ink Scamming and Blocking Paying Customers Temecula California, Full Service Network Jason Soltis, David Schwencke (CEO) They could not provide phone services needed, had to change providers after working with them for months to fix things. We believe in customer service and want to make it easy as possible for people to pay the debts they owe. (Sales might work too, you just want someone who can take your payment). They wont respond to anything but complaints saying they have validated it which is a complete lie. It's a scam to collect money from people who pay what they owe. Look at all the reviews. I received a letter from Convergent saying sprint placed my account with their office for collection. Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. is a debt collection agency. After I paid, I they say I don't have acc. Convergent Outsourcing has many complaints against it on file with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Better Business Bureau, mostly regarding: These violate the Fair Trade Commission-mandated Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). I found out that Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. is a SCAMMER company. I have been receiving calls periodically, have not answered these calls. Re: Sprint sent account to collections, Convergent Outsourcing. Convergent Outsourcing is not a scam. But like most debt collectors, it has a questionable reputation with its customers. **If the CSR in chat who takes your payment says no to deleting, I would still recommend sending emails to the executive office asking for deletion and including proof of payment or payment confirmation #. Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing , Inc Galaxy Asset Purchasing , LLC I recieved a bill past due in the amount of $4,505.44. I then, on my own terms, proceeded to pay on my account whatever I could afford via their website. Just updating my progress with Convergent. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox. I need some advice on how to proceed with this collection account. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. For more information or to verify license status, visit the NMLS Consumer Access website at https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/. I suspect the contract was hidden in the purchase of the I pad. Convergent Outsourcing is a large debt collector with offices in several cities in the US and in Central America. Unfortunately, if a bill remains unpaid, the original creditor may employ the services of a third-party debt collection agency to pursue the debt. This is an attempt to collect a debt by a debt collector, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Convergent Outsourcing, Inc 800 SW 39th St/PO Box 9004 Renton, Washington USA Phone: 8662916364 Web: www.convergentusa.com Category: Cellular Phone Companies Convergent Outsourcing, Inc Scam Collection for Sprint Renton Washington Print this Report Email this Report Tweet Business Rating: Rate this business ". bureaus (they were only reporting to two). Who is ED Magedson - Founder, Ripoff Report. |, Check your search kayConvergent Outsourcing, Inc. Who's crazy enough to start this website? Convergent Outsourcing is one of the largest debt buyers in the country. https://www.convergentusa.com/outsourcing/page/is-convergent-outsourcing-a-scam So, now I'm not sure how to handle this. OC and CA are in no way required to delete. Press J to jump to the feed. If they say yes, you have something to fall back on. One of our team members will walk you through the payment process and answer any questions you may have. Learn about budgeting, saving, getting out of debt, credit, investing, and retirement planning. Maryland Residents: This agency is licensed as NMLS ID # 930053. Convergent Outsourcing is one of America's leading collection agencies with offices across the country. The best way to prevent an old debt from affecting your future financial opportunities is to remove the collection entry from your credit report. Learn more about Convergent Outsourcing or view your account with us online. b***@convergentusa.com. All rights reserved. When you register for our products and services, we also collect certain personal information from you for identification purposes, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, social security number, IP address, and date of birth. If you have an account with us, we're here to help! If this is the case, consider contacting a professional credit repair company. Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. is a debt collection agency. Convergent Outsourcing does not accept payment in exchange for credit deletion. Say we owe over $22,000.00 for the rest of their so called contract !!!!!! Except when it drops off the credit report. I wouldn't bother paying or contacting Convergence at all, they will probably be no help. The whole industry is designed around fear and harassment - yet collection agencies buy and sell your debt routinely. If you have questions or need to make a change to your account. General statment of, "according to sprints policy we cannot delete it. Convergent Outsourcing is a debt collection agency that's been in business since 1950. How do I setup a payment plan? You can send a debt validation letter to Convergent Outsourcing asking it to confirm details of the debt, including: You can use a template if you need help writing your own letter. I don't dispute that I ever had a Sprint account. Update: This article has been updated to reflect current contact information for Convergent Outsourcing and unverifiable information has been removed. Convergent Outsourcing can only contact you under the specifications of the FDCPA. FTC's website on credit. If someone knows please reply. I called sprint, who was very eager to accept a payment to confirm if this was true. I know this thread is a few months old but I thought I'd share my experience. If you have an account with us, were here to help! Repackaged from Purchased from Amazon, stealing all certifications and false manufacturing markers from the packaging of NB food supplements. Dont click on those slick Ads! Investigate this business and this Tom ** who could be a fake also. Addtnl phone number: (877) 231-8886, states this Midland Credit Management has offices at 2365 Northside Drive, Suite 300, San Diego, CA but direct payments to Los Angeles, CA . **FORWARD TO THEM A COPY OF YOUR CHAT TRANSCRIPT IF THE CSR SAID IT WOULD BE DELETED! Can see right through this one. You also are directed to manage your account at midlandcreditonline.com. Originating in 1950, its current headquarters are in Renton, Washington. If you have questions about Convergent, making a payment or debt collections in general, we have compiled an extensive FAQ section to help! I owe 1,700. Copyright 2022 Consumers Unified LLC. They need to be investigated for fraud!!! Apparently it's some kind of credit card or something. If they don't, the collection agency may just update it to paid/$0 balance and it will remain on your credit reports for 7 years from the DOFD. Welcome to the Sprint subreddit where we discuss news, user feedback, phone updates, tips and tricks, technical advice, and Customer Care experiences. Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Galaxy Asset Purchasing, LLC Debt Settlement for credit card I never had Renton Washington, Convergent Outsourcing Inc Collection Fraud Houston Texas, Convergent Outsourcing Inc. Un-Reputable Collection company trying to rip me off. We also understand that you may be hesitant to give your information over the phone or online. No luck. For more information or to verify license status, visit the NMLS Consumer Access website at https://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/. One of our team members will walk you through the payment process and answer any questions you may have. This claim is in fact, spelled out directly on convergent's website: Convergent Outsourcing is not a scam. For visitors with visual disabilities, access to this website, including our FICO Data Privacy Policy, is available through assistive technologies, such as BrowseAloud, JAWS, VoiceOver, Narrator, ChromeVox, and Window-Eyes. They stop taking the money out of my account and listed it as a paid debt on my credit report. Wait. All rights reserved. When a debt collector contacts them, many consumers are unaware that the FDCPA provides protection from this kind of abuse. Learn more about how we make money. :'(. Thank you for visiting Convergent Outsourcing to make a payment on your account. However, there may be instances where credit reporting agencies take a few weeks to provide updates. READ: Foreign websites steal our content, Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. How did you get in contact with them i need to pay something off but cant reach them. I paid them today, now waiting to see what will happen. Sprint Trainer at Convergent Outsourcing . Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. How To Remove Items From Your Credit Report, How To Boost Your Credit Card Approval Odds. Many companies featured on Money advertise with us. At this time, we can only discuss payment plans over the phone. But if you can work out a payment arrangement with them they leave you alone because it's no longer necessary to pursue you. Least it wont be counted as owed any longer and can age off in time. They are now reporting the account as $0 balance but refuse to remove the account . Sprint "The level of success achieved by most businesses can be directly correlated to the extent success is attained within the contact . A translation and description of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages on the New York City Department of Consumer and Worker Protections website, www.nyc.gov/dca. This morning I received a phone call from a debt collections agency Convergent Outsourcing. Make sure they're going to recall the debt. Press J to jump to the feed. - Send one more email to executive office asking nicely again to have it deleted. By clicking "TRY IT", I agree to receive newsletters and promotions from Money and its partners. They are billing me for something I've never had from them. If you paid the debt and you're currently in good standing with the original creditor, deleting the collection from your credit report is still a possibility. It was founded in 1950 and currently has about 2,300 employees across 12 offices. It often has more success because of its industry knowledge and negotiation tactics. Some people have been lucky and it was deleted right away, though. They told me to contact their collections people. If its still there, contact the agency and remind it of the agreement, and make it clear that you wont make another payment until it removes the entry. In response to this complaint, your account will remain reported to the credit bureaus with accuracy. https://money.com/how-to-remove-convergent-outsourcing-from-your-credit-report/. I would even consider pay for delete in full. If it was sold, Convergent has the legal right to collect and to post on your reports. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. This is the best way to manage and repair your business reputation. ConsumerAffairs is not a government agency. A translation and description of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages on the New York City Department of Consumer and Worker Protections website, www.nyc.gov/dca. They told me that I am in debt to Sprint for over $300 This payment will be updated to the credit bureaus and they will be notified that the account is paid in full. Since I paid what I owed to Sprint how can they possibly own this debt? They wanted me to pay 60% to settle the account, and I told them I wanted to file a dispute, and they said once I got the documents, THEN I would have to pay the amount!!!! Engage via Email. I would invite you to contact our Compliance Department by Email at #[email protected] should you require further assistance. Patients made into prostitutes and sex slaves, bilking insurance companies out of millions, Sac_County Iowa Prosecutor Ben Smith pays $750,000 to settle Ripoff Report 1983 civil rights lawsuit.. Federal Judge stops prosecutors abuse of power against ED Magedson Founder of Ripoff Report. They also collect medical debts. They are so good at disguising themselves they even have an official looking form. I was told I owed Cox communications 200 dollars from over 5 years ago. All FICO Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO Score 8, and may include additional FICO Score versions. Houston Texas, Galaxy Asset Purchasing, LLC Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. In business since 1950, Convergent is one of Americas leading collections agencies. If you contact Sprint direct they should collect payment which would force them to pull the collection thus deleting the collection.