Dark Confidant | Ravnica | Modern | Card Kingdom SELL US YOUR CARDS! Poverty cay . a few years???? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. i agree with you sir, dark confidant is useless and i will never play one, if you find you are losing too much life then just make sure the creatures you do have, have lifelink or just use hella killspells to keep their board clear while you beat them with the Griselbrand Scryfall is not produced by or endorsed by these services. You lose life equal to its mana value. 3) Dark Confidant costs 1 less which means he's in play earlier, and gets you at more cards sooner. Ages of men and of Outsiders have ascended and been forgotten, and only the bones of their cities and the Archon of Cruelty has been one of the premier reanimation targets in formats like Modern and Cube. Condition: . does horrible things to the curve. Modern Dredge, The Spookiest you can get in Modern. Assuming we get him out on Turn 2, and assuming no removal, Bob will draw two cards over two turns with reasonable consistency. in that slot. Whatever the cost, as long as there isn't something you hate about Modern or something that you truly love about Standard, Modern is probably the best long-term deal. Today Im taking a look at the best life loss effects in Magic. Laurence Guy & J. Peacock - Can't Find Her 2. So we should have our third land, second one-drop and second two-drop in these 10 cards. Las mejores ofertas para Dark Confidant Modern Masters 2015 casi nuevo negro mtico tarjeta rara (363742) abugames estn en eBay Compara precios y caractersticas de productos nuevos y usados Muchos artculos con envo gratis! You want ninjas, evasive creatures, and cards that cost a lot and can be cast for alternative costs in this kind of deck so that your Yuriko triggers make your opponents lose a bunch of life. You could think of it as no ban modern. All rights reserved. #03534, ___ ___ ___ ___ ARCANA ___ ___ ___ ___ huge selection_strict grading_we buy cards. How likely is Yusri to get me an omniscience effect, if I have Krark's Thumb out? now i know that this post is about bob but i was addressing a modern issue in general. Flip like i understand pod effects hitting creatures, but it's not like you're going to spend a spell to put bob in you hand so you can spend 2 mana and draw a card next turn. Fguiont Racing Club. @ Matsi883 confused why you would link that? Fifth turn: Another land, two-drop, and finally a three-drop lead us to 22 two-drops/land, and four three-drops, totaling the deck out at 60 cards. Pedro started playing Magic way back when in Fourth Edition. Search for the perfect addition to your deck. Discord Server | ERROR: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW WITH DATA cannot be executed from a function, Recovering from a blunder I made while emailing a professor. Why are physically impossible and logically impossible concepts considered separate in terms of probability? A young outsider of the town, his natural curiosity inspires the Finch children to study and question the world around them in ways that they had not previously considered. What can a lawyer do if the client wants him to be acquitted of everything despite serious evidence? What does Counterbalance counter, when revealing a split card? . Krayhaft it really depends on the deck, you can get some for 500$ which is what you would probably spend in a standard season buying a deck or two (in singles). Did one of your favorite cards not make it on this list? The deck you linked is Extended, which is now gone. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1X FOIL Dark Confidant BORDERLESS MINT MTG Magic Double Master VIP Full Extended at the best online prices at eBay! For those who gamble, interest may even lead to the occasional, innocent experimentation with sleight-of-hand. The proofs will be signed on the front with black sharpie. COHIHG EVENTS [By St. Clair.J RACING. It wasn't until a friend told me that Bob was worth $50 (at the time), so I researched why it was so much, and understood why it was so powerful. The Slack, Discord, Cash App, PayPal, and Patreon logos Check out our confidant card selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. play test it a few times & tell me if u think it's too slow. First turn: The Dark Confidant cannot affect our draw on the first turn so this is the usual minimum 9 one-drops to have drawn one and similar 9 lands, totaling 18 cards. Dark Confidant Quantity: Decrease Quantity of undefined Increase Quantity of undefined. Pretty much what devonin said. I just started working on a modern mono black. They fulfill completely different roles, and their only relation is that they're really expensive. A 2/1 can block Tymna, can attack for Tymna, unlike study, can't be paid for, and most decks just simply don't have the card draw outside of a couple of really good one card engines like remora to draw enough to keep up, so even though it might be the worse draw if you directly compare it to Rhystic study for example, it is there also just purely for redundancy. Thanks APPLE01DOJ and sylvannos, I'll see what I can do We can consider this closed, thanks to all who posted. It also kind of stops those infinite blink combos. Privacy statement | Bleeder decks are my favorites. The first analysis shall assume we are on the play. Portions of Scryfall are unofficial Fan Content permitted under But you'll get an extra card and lose some life every turn if your Confidant lives, which is excellent against control and midrange strategies. And you do not have spend that much for a budget alternative. the Wizards of the Coast Fan Content Policy. This often translates to life payments. Do Obosh and Brash Taunter together cause quadruple damage to an opponent? It's not that we're noobs, it's that we're too poor to afford the $300 for the playset You can easily run 857 Dark Tutelage I think the biggest impediment to understanding here is making assumptions. 8 one-drops, 7 two-drops, 6 three-drops, 5 four-drops, 9 five-drops, 25 lands. or Huntmaster of the Fells The pros do recognize the power of Arena. Phyrexian Arena is really the closest we have, and its pretty far from Dark Confidant's power level. So selling all of those could have gotten me into modern. He is a 2/1 body so if you lose 1 life, he can swing in for 2 to even things up. Unless you get some other value out of them therefore (Hi Najeela) I'm even more skeptical of them than of Bob, since I think it likely that they draw you fewer cards overall. Maybe even sign in blood. Its a red and green card with a converted mana cost of 5. The ability to dig through your deck is probably why most games end by turn 5. Just paying six mana to Debt to the Deathless means that you drain two from each opponent and gain six life. So yes, I believe you can easily have to skip a few years of standard just to fund a modern deck. I don't have the ~$160 to buy a play set now. A limit involving the quotient of two sums, Short story taking place on a toroidal planet or moon involving flying, Norm of an integral operator involving linear and exponential terms. 1423 VIEWS, Sheoldred, Whispering One --BLCK-- SCRFC3. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Dark Confidant has since been reprinted three times, in both Modern Masters and Modern Masters 2015 Edition, as well as a DCI Promotional card. . When I first started playing magic, I pulled a Ravnica Bob from my tournament pack. , but I was thinking Blood Scrivener Edition: Double Masters. And I can always count on long-time friend and confidant, Bruce Samboy, to look over my shoulder with a lceen, investigator's eye; . Dark Depths is banned in modern. TappedOut.js Blog Widget, SCORE: 9 | You can gain card advantage through favorable interactions with your opponent's cards. instead? Something that has been mentioned but hasn't been explicitly stated is card typing. I had most of it, but I recently had to purchase the fetchlands and no one on TCG Player was cutting any breaks. Cookie Notice The players have influence over what turn the game ends and so an just over half end on turn 5, not accounting for pod composition. You could easily have to skip standard for the next few years just to fund a single modern deck. Sometimes, one mana is worth much more than being able to play a card a turn earlier. Is it suspicious or odd to stand by the gate of a GA airport watching the planes? Example: Assault/Batterys mana cost is {3}{R}{G}. Dark Confidant Double Masters Box Toppers | Magic | CardTrader Magic: the Gathering Double Masters Box Toppers Singles Dark Confidant Double Masters Box Toppers #342 Double Masters Box Toppers (342) View all 7 versions Info Sell CT Min Price CT Market Price US Market Price $27.07 He can swing in with two power per turn if you have free attacks or if you decide your life total needs to be protected. The decks that want bob are actively trying to make the game go long. Extremely Present or Present in The Extreme 3. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. Kroxa, Titan of Deaths Hunger is a good threat and win condition for Rakdos () decks in Explorer/Pioneer, and sometimes Modern. It was also totally worth the surprised looks on people's faces when they "knew" I had no outs, just for me to slam a titan down on them and take over the game. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Search. is expensive for a reason. Of course that depends on what you're comparing, but it's a fair statement. 4) Dark Confidant costs 1 black, Arena costs 2 black, makeing Confidant easier to splash and easier to ensure you get into play right away. There aren't enough cards that care about any other card type as much as creatures, and the card typing is has ramifications for other engines in the decks. Yes, for the most part. All at the low price of losing one life a turn. Note that you can draw more cards paying four different colors of mana if theres some kind of taxing effect online, like Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. However, Dark Confidant allows you to obtain cards from your library during your upkeep without actually drawing them which may allow you to bypass this restriction. I'm starting to hate these budget threads (you can say it isn't a budget thread, but you'd only be lying to yourself). That said, it causes most opponents to feel needlessly pressured to remove him quickly. Painful Truths saw some Legacy play, drawing three cards and losing three life. We were all newbs at some point. Dark Confidant - Modern Masters 2015 (MM2) Modern Masters 2015 All versions Direct by TCGplayer Lightly Played $17.75 Free Shipping on Orders Over $50 Sold by TheGamingCo 1 of 1 Add to Cart View 193 Other Listings As low as $15.59 Sell this Report a problem Product Details M #: 75 Creature Human Wizard P / T: 2 / 1 Flavor: Greatness, at any cost. rather than build a brand new deck. The downside is that you'll lose life equal to the converted mana cost of the card you just received. DevoidMage I realize that Don't ask me what my reasoning was for putting it here, because even I don't know. On top of having the Dark Confidant effect, Sorin the Mirthless can generate vampires with lifelink and can take over a game with card advantage while also of being good against aggro. The following decks all had a record of 4-1 at Worlds 2007: Dark Confidant's effect can dramatically change the way a deck wants to play out. ), The TCG Player low price on my Melira Pod build is, at this very moment, $898.39. A 6/5 flying demon is good. , it wouldn't fit the mold as decks that use Dark Confidant From the rules: Specifically regarding CMC (emphasis mine): Example: Assault/Batterys mana cost is {3}{R}{G}. Gray Merchant of Asphodel at the very least makes your opponent lose two life when it ETBs, but often lands in the six to eight range. The fact that it hits all players is very convenient in EDH, and your opponents will lose all their permanents, their cards, and their life with enough mana. Despite this, Night's Whisper doesn't see much cEDH play. In pretty much every format ever Bob has been a staple card, and even in today's cEDH meta he's an autoinclude for Black decks. Waiting For Love There's no one who does it quite like Laurence Guy. Types: Creature Human Wizard. When Stronghold Arena enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life for each time it was kicked. 1) If Dark Confidant hits a land, you take no damage. I wouldn't advise Blood Scrivener Its also a good threat and a reanimator. God-Pharaohs Statue is a common tutor target for Karn, the Great Creator. Grind the game out and get value out it. Dark Confidant is a card that is $25 right now. Nimbus Maze: Got Blue but Need White? Torment of Hailfire is one of the funnier and more impactful cards and win conditions in black EDH decks. @bman5604 by all means. Unless you're doing like no ban modern. Coming into a blind meta, I would like to include a Bob in the deck to keep the mana curve low for Ad Nauseam, have a creature to pitch to Razaketh, an extra Tymna draw, or a blocker for whatever, etc. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if Arena was better, the pros who have been doing amazing with B/G/x would be playing it. Required fields are marked *. is just simple quicker, I've also learned to play black, u simply have to kill the opponent faster than u kill yourself. You lose life equal to its mana value. Its hard to beat Kroxa when you keep casting it for its escape cost in drawn-out games. For the same mana Night's Whisper immediately gives you two cards at the cost of two life. I understand it has a huge price tag but you can get a set for about 200 on eBay. You lose life equal to its mana value. While these draw outlets are slow in the manner that they take a turn to come online and only draw one card per turn, that's still a ton of card advantage. Deathrite Shaman unites ramp, graveyard hate, and a win condition all in the same 1-drop. Here are cards like Dark Confidant in Standard format: View More / Advanced Search Options. Mind Shatter Would you really tutor a 1 card per turn draw engine over the card you want to draw though? The Scarab God makes your opponents lose X life, where X is the number of zombies you control. Looking down at Nymeria, Arianne positively croons down at her. Yes. Maher won the right to design and be immortalized in his 2004 Magic Invitational submission. true considering they can most likley roll the standard deck they have in standard into modern. If it's somewhere other than on the stack or if it's fused, a split card's CMC is the sum of each half's CMC. 485. Dark Confidant is a game changer in deck building. In reading the history of nations, we find that, like individuals, they have their whims and their peculiarities; their seasons of excitement and recklessness, when they care not what they do. Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? Dark Confidant, however, is no Wrenn and Six, and players would be mistaken to think that it is similar to Wrenn and Six. The strategy of chess and the variance of poker, all wrapped up in a fantasy medium. MTG Dark Confidant - Modern Masters 2015 Card # 75 Magic Cards Bob | Toys & Hobbies, Collectible Card Games, CCG Individual Cards | eBay! Because life loss doesnt count as damage, it doesnt count as noncombat damage either. Phyrexian Arena is better than dark tutelage, unless black is just a splash. This is a change from previous rules. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. as a direct replacement for Dark Confidant Its usually a lifedrain effect followed by a threat that synergizes with enchantments, lifegain effects, and more. What happens when I remove Mistbind Clique with its champion trigger still on the stack? in that deck because it does require that you blow your Lightning Bolt Tappedout has no idea how to play Magic, confirmed. It's mainly used in aggro, so the 2/1 body is helpful and the extra card keeps momentum going. Thats a lot of life to be lost. See stores for final prices and details. Free shipping for many products! . One that gives you a card whenever it ETBs is better. Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant Dark Confidant. Sep 2, 2021 Castle Locthwain allows you to draw cards and lose life by paying black mana, and its a staple for black decks across many formats. Dark Confidant was reprinted in Modern Masters. Rare and powerful MTG cards every player dreams of having in their decks! Here are cards like Dark Confidant in Standard format: View More / Advanced Search Options Stronghold Arena Enchantment Kicker and/or (You may pay an additional and/or as you cast this spell.) Then, you have other cards like Phyrexian Arena or Monastery Siege that do something very similar as Bob's effect. 6. how many Dark Confidant Dark Confidant used to be a Legacy/Modern staple, but the times caught up to it. If you cast Assault, the resulting spell is a red spell with a converted mana cost of 1. Bob is better though cause overall, you lose about the same life. You lose life equal to its mana value. For what Bob does, Liliana does nothing. Contents 1 "Bob" Not to mention that theres always the second and third Rhino coming. The second upgrade to the class deals enough damage to be worth it, especially alongside Gray Merchant of Asphodel. When that mana is colored, it's even more important. Dark Confidant (Store Championship) (Textless): At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it . The Princess of Dorne is not idle though, not now. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. I'm not the smartest MTG player; I mainly collect the cards because I love the art on them and I do have fun the few times that I do play. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Okiba Reckoner Raid is a nice 1-drop thats also an enchantment. Add to Cart. Here we go! Yes I know it's pricy still but with that said for a competitive tier 1 modern deck you can't skip on quality. Well, thats all from me on life loss. 10 COMMENTS | I've been using the Arena and. Board & Card Games Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who like playing board games, designing board games or modifying the rules of existing board games. I've found that Dark Confidant Also, just read Barandis's answer about the curve. It contains the spells you know and the creatures you can summon to fight for you. Help | and our JAVASCRIPT IS DISABLED. This card is such a lifedrainer in EDH. is weaker than liliana of the veil (when in play Mana cost aside), so it shows why the mana is important. If your not behind bob name another creature card that does what he does for the same cmc. [1], The original submission of Maher involved poison counters.[2]. February 8, 10. Dark Confidant is a game changer in deck building. Which is why Blood Scrivener would be a decent alternative. With this hand, the Jund player can use his mana very efficiently, playing Bob on turn 2, drawing a card on turn 3, and then playing Lili that turn.