In terms of the pastry selection, Buc-ees offers tons of cookies, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon rolls with pecan, various sweet kolaches, muffins, and more. There are dozens of possible flavor combinations, from cherry to Dr. Pepper (because, duh, Texas). Its a high-floor, low-ceiling kind of snack. Dipped varieties include chocolate, yogurt, and peanut, and blends like peanut-butter chocolate. I grew up with a jar of the stuff permanently in the fridge. These caught my sons eye, and theyre pretty cute and colorful. Ruebens always just hit better on the road, you know? Try the Triple Play Popcorn (via Texas Snax). In my experience, any one of those has better fruit than youll get from a large chain. Free Shipping on Eligible Items Amazon.com: Buc-ee's Famous Beaver Nuggets Sweet Corn Puff Snacks Texas Bucees, One 13 Ounce Bag Skip to main content .us Hello Select your address Many of the hot sandwiches and the BBQ options are made-to-order. While there are plenty of must-try snack foods to enjoy at Buc-ee's, it also has a solid line-up of more filling foods. It should not shock you that a deluxe convenience store with like two dozen beef jerky flavors has a wide selection of t-shirts to choose from. Caramel popcorn is the standard, but just like with the chain's most popular snack, you'll also find powdered cheese coated varieties, including regular cheddar and white cheddar. They think Im crazy for driving half an hour to go to a gas station. For instance, you'll no doubt find pumpkin there in the fall. Many of the foods you have to try during your next Buc-ee's visit are ones you'll want to enjoy right away, or bring along to eat on the road. . Otherwise, if youre planning a Texas road trip and need a car, I have tips for renting a car below. At our travel centers, made to order lunch items are available starting at 11:00 AM. Buc-ee's is a chain of country stores, . A post shared by Gabby, Office Escape Artist (@office.escape.artist). These may not be quite as easy to eat on the go as the famous taquitos you'll find at 7-Eleven, but Buc-ee's breakfast tacos are the perfect way to start your day. Many feature unhealthy ingredients that can raise the sugar content and calorie count of the bag. Nothing says I just got back from vacation like adding a new destination magnet to the fridge. Like I mentioned above, Buc-ees is famous for having the cleanest restrooms in the US. Ive been on a quest to find the best cinnamon roll in Oklahoma, but I have to hand it to Buc-ees. While some of these bagged fruits and veggies are a healthier alternative to corn nuggets coated in caramel or powdered cheese flavoring, they should still probably be eaten in moderation. Traditional peppered turkey or beef jerky are among the most popular options, but there are also spicy varieties and different kinds of meats to choose from the Bohemian Garlic flavor is a take on jerky you've likely not tried elsewhere. How committed am I to the beef jerky life? Get product info and explore all the flavors and varieties of our icy treats! Buc-ees stocks all the classic flavors, and the sausage-cheese-jalapeno will forever be my go-to. Now they just need to open a location in Oklahoma (like, ahem, on I-35 between OKC and DFW?). Great job, you are very entertaining with your writing. Pictured: Chesapeake's in Gatlinburg (photo by Morgan Overholt/TheSmokies.com), Yes, they have strips and I think they also have a chicken sandwich also in most locations . Fresh lunch meats? I thought their slogan was cleanest restrooms in the world but it is America! We also have fresh homemade grab and go items available 24 hours a day. Imagine walking into a convenience store and smelling freshly roasted nuts, Not something youve ever seen, right? But I could also eat a BBQ sandwich any time of day, too. Shadracks Christmas Wonderland Brings New Show to Sevierville, The Real Polar Express Train Ride in NC, an Honest Review, Buc-ees Sevierville TN Opening Date: Massive Travel Center Coming Soon, These are the best restaurants in Gatlinburg TN: 37 top places to eat, Is the Laurel Falls Hike Easy? I Love Buc cees!! Clean large restroom. This location has the worlds longest car wash! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Also, were treating this as a road trip food destination, not a family night out for dinners, so were factoring practicality into these Buc-ees food rankings. First time Ive seen this. Buc-ee's goes through a lot of fudge, and accordingly, there are many different kinds. Im from Oklahoma.southeastern part and would love to see a Bucees!! Once youre done marveling at how large Buc-ees is, you can get to shopping! Buc-ee's: Oh fudge! If you want more than Buc-ees snacks, look to their BBQ counter and the deli, where you can get some pretty good (even by Texas standards) BBQ brisket. I just wish they had a website so we could buy our favorite things in between our visits to GA. Haha I can see why you would think that! I recently came back to TX and can not find the plethora of souvenirs. Available sandwiches include chopped brisket, chopped brisket with onions and pickles, the signature Club (ham, smoked turkey, cheddar, peppered bacon, and sundried tomato pesto sauce), and a sliced brisket sandwich.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'officeescapeartist_com-mobile-leaderboard-2','ezslot_20',134,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-officeescapeartist_com-mobile-leaderboard-2-0'); You cant visit Texas without enjoying some beef jerky! if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'officeescapeartist_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_19',133,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-officeescapeartist_com-mobile-leaderboard-1-0');Buc-ees offers the BEST coffee bar I have ever seen. It is, in fact, the common ground upon which a society can be built. If youre looking for a hearty meal but dont want BBQ, check out the Pastrami Reuben. Now, on multiple road trips to Florida and Alabama, weve been able to really soak in the Buc-ees travel center experience in multiple locations and can confirm its one of the best places to stop on a trip. Yes, the Buc-ees face kind of terrifies me. These look tasty even amongst all the sweet treats! Indeed, we have become a Buc-ees family. Catering to both road trippers and fans, Buc-ees clothing really does have something for everyone. For a long time, wed heard whispers and have been Buc-ees curious. Serving Size: 4 oz. Yogurt-covered pretzels are one of my favorite road trip snacks of all time, and Buc-ees version is no exception! Kolaches are the epitome of the perfect Czech dish brought over from the old country. But how this Czech pastry came to be as Texan as football or Tex-Mex is a long story. This isnt some Jack Link jerky you can get at any old grocery store this stuff is freshly made with tons of really unique but delicious flavors available. Im not saying you should take the family out for a meal at Buc-ees. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and be the first to receive the best travel tips, tricks, and destination advice! Other offerings on the Buc-ees menu include but definitely are not limited to coffee (both fresh cups and grounds to take home), pickled quails eggs, cookies, homemade apple pie, and cheesecake (by the slice or an entire cheesecake, your choice). I recently tried the Italian sub and it was really, really good. Breakfast tacos are a Texas staple, and Buc-ees is no exception! Like Nuggets, they're a baked corn-based snack, but instead of sugary toppings, these feature mainly cheesy flavorings. Sweet options include those stuffed with fruits and fruit jellies. If you are partial to chocolate treats, check out the chocolate-covered pretzels, which come in flavors from dark chocolate to salted caramel to cinnamon yogurt and peanut butter. These are not your average gas station sandwich! Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Buc-ees take on one of the most classic road trip snacks of all is delicious andunsurprisinglycomes in plenty of flavors, ranging from classic to Southwest Trail to Blazin BBQ Trail. At some locations, they also offer free samples of some of the more popular items so you can really get a good idea of what you want before you make your purchase. Try the banana bread loaf with nuts! ), Temple, New Braunfels, Baytown, Luling, and Forth Worth. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Tami Dunn 111K subscribers Join Subscribe 257 Share Save 6.5K views 8 months ago This is a taste test/review of the Buc-ee's Fudge. Fun fact, 80% of people who send us shopping to Buc-ee's have Buc ee's nuggets on their shopping list! Frankly, it doesnt even matter if you dont like drip coffee Buc-ees offers up so many personalization options that anyone can make a cup of Joe that theyll enjoy. Is it possible to mess up caramel corn? All rights reserved. Believe it or not, this Buc-ees food guide still doesnt cover even half of what to eat from Buc-ees! You'll find tons of options from chocolate pecan to mint chocolate to chocolate pumpkin. Read Also: Buc-ees Sevierville TN opening date: Massive travel center coming soon. And honestly, they are all wonderful. Thats hard to describe. Hi Robin! There are not one, but two places to buy jerky at Buc-ees. It goes far beyond the typical trail mix with a variety for everyone. I am literally not exaggerating when I say that Buc-ees sells pretty much anything you could think of. Another way to buy $989 ($9.89/Count) Thanks guys great job! Famous for its food, Buc-ees is a world-class road trip destination for road trip snacks, though you should budget enough to buy some to bring home with you. Shoes or sandals? And somehow, inexplicably, multiple Buc-ee the Beaver childrens swimsuit options? You can make oureasy cookie kolache recipe at home instead. In true Texas-style, you can also enjoy varieties stuffed with meats like spicy sausage. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Once they get inside, however, they understand: Buc-ees is an experience. Seriously, you need to stop at Buc-ees if youre taking a Texas road trip. Buc-ee's has a wide selection of gummy candies. Buc-ee's is: A massive gas station with literally dozens of gas pumps A rest stop that has the cleanest restrooms in the US A convenience store where you can purchase snacks & drinks, along with hot foods A gift shop that sells everything from kitchen serving platters to hunting knives to pet accessories Are you intrigued yet? On our most recent visit, I got a vacuum-sealed pork loin with pepper jack cheese. This one makes Texas-themed pennies (so not Buc-ee specific). We did not take home the neon llama, but I seriously almost caved. The Hippo Taco. However, the Sausage on a Stick is an easy to eat and largely mess-free snack that is also tasty and satisfyingly meaty. Literally a wall AND a display of jerky. The breakfast tacos come in several different flavors. No idea. Texas Snax has birthday cake fudge, habanero pork rinds, pia colada pecans, toasted corn nuggets, and so many more delicious specialty items. If you need something major for your road trip, check out a Buc-ees. Sale Sold out. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'officeescapeartist_com-leader-3','ezslot_16',136,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-officeescapeartist_com-leader-3-0');Cant decide? If you want fresh fruit or veggies, Buc-ees has tons of super convenient options. There are 6 in the DFW area. Just be sure that you dont accidentally spill the cone on your way back to the car (a lesson we may have learned from experience). We stopped at the one outside Royce City on our way from Austin to Tennessee. Buc-ee's take on one of the most classic road trip snacks of all is delicious and-unsurprisingly-comes in plenty of flavors, ranging from classic to Southwest Trail to Blazin' BBQ Trail. You can get ghost pepper jerky, hot and spicy jerky, turkey jerky, bohemian garlic jerky, lemon pepper jerky, peppered jerky, steakhouse jerky, mesquite peppered jerky, teriyaki jerky, cherry maple jerky, and more. Looking for a gas station Fourth of July t-shirt or something to mark the winter holidays? Buc-ees isnt that good but when youre on the road, you have to take what you can get. Throw them in a container together to create your own take on Chicago-style popcorn (via The Kitchn). At our travel centers, breakfast starts at 4:00 AM and ends at 11:00 AM. AtBuc-ee's, you'll find atray lined with individual bags of hot, fresh potato chips on the same counter where you'll also find thebreakfast tacos in the morning and pre-made BBQ sandwiches in the afternoon. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and a partner of other affiliate programs including Booking.com, CJ and Tripster, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases via links found in this article. 80. brisket and fudge bar, snack isle, and a soda, coffee, and Icee station. If you're not in the mood for a breakfast taco, you'll have plenty of other hot foods to choose from and you should definitely try some on your next visit. There are a few flavors of Buc-ee's Nug-ees to choose from. I just wish there was a Buc-ees closer to home in South Florida. The closest one is probably near Dallas, unfortunately! What makes the garlic Bohemian? Based on many, many trips to Buc-eesincluding one taste-testing trip where we sampled almost 20 Buc-ees snacks in one fell swoophere at the snacks that we recommend adding to your next Buc-ees food break. Youll be getting a Buc-ees before you know it. Your email address will not be published. Not to be confused with beaver nuggets, nug-ees are also corn puffs, but these come in savory varieties like white cheddar and bold and sorta spicy. Its unlike anything Ive ever experienced on a road trip. Sauces are available next to the case. A cup of fresh sliced fruit might be just the thing. Especially in the south where fresh fruit is available for most of the year, I cant imagine targeting Buc-ees for the fruit. hot pink. Finally,they really want their bathrooms to be the cleanest bathroomsyou can find on a road trip. The Ultimate History Travel Blog Since 2015, Last Updated on: 1st February 2022, 11:39 pm. Im so excited Colorado is getting a Buc-ees, Im originally from Colorado! Regular price $54.96 Sale price $54.96 Regular price. Some of the flavors are note-worthy (like chocolate peanut butter), but you're overpaying for the fudge. History Fangirl is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As you can probably tell from the list, I prefer savory snacks to sweet snacks most of the time, but Im a sucker for banana pudding. Third, theres an entiresmall travel centerinside with tons of maps and other local travel info. It's also a breeze to make! I want to go to one now. It dates back to Czech immigrants who founded communities in rural Texas in the 1880s (via NPR). She shared . Yup, sure can! Besides the flavor, the playful textures make this fudge one of the best. While I can order some offAmazon(scratch that, just ordered some! The Big Beaver offers giant, dense squares of moist chocolatey fudge just like Grandma used to make it. While I prefer a mild salsa verde, youll find tons of options that get way, way spicier. But its a good road trip snack. A spicy variety is also available. If you dont have a car and youre already near one, you can use an Uber or Lyft. Good catch! Buc-ee's cinnamon honey butter is another popular Southern staple. I have tried the dirty rice and the andouille sausage & shrimp ones. Not life-changing. On family pit stops, I will inevitably choose the worst option in a 50-mile radius. This would be really cute in an office or guest room. Theyre downright addictive, and easily the most famous Buc-ees snack of them all. Beef jearkey fans will be overwhelmed. Their cinnamon rolls are quite the contender. The car wash is even a rainbow car wash so Im sure your kids will love it! You can buy a big block of your favorite flavor or create your own mix-and-match box of smaller blocks perfect for enjoying on the road. The most iconic grab-n-go snack to come from the famous gas station chain are Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets. Find your favorite, or a flavor you've never had, and give it a try. You thought the swim collection was just for adults? Still, even if you dont have a sweet tooth, Buc-ees fudge counter is a sight to behold. Look at these mouthwatering breakfast tacos! Buy Now. The jalapeno-cheddar is a slightly spicy must-try. One last praline is a common final addition to a Buc-ees shopping trip! Vanilla Club Speakeasy A Cant-Miss Experience in Florence, How to Get from Milan to Lake Como Everything You Need to Know. The breakfast taco menu includes sausage, egg, and cheese; bacon, egg, and cheese; something called a Hippo Taco (beans, egg, bacon, green salsa, and cheese), a Breakfast Beast taco (egg, bacon, sausage, potato, and cheese), and not pictured is a brisket taco. If youre out of gift ideas, a quick jaunt to your nearest location will help give you some inspiration! Its in my head now. And this banana pudding is worth taking. They have anything from a spicy Southwestern mix to a chocolate lover's dream. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Buc-ee's fudge counter had two dozen different flavors including chocolate, peanut butter, and white chocolate with caramel. Many come in sour varieties, too, if that's more your style. Certainly, Im not here to tell you to drive past a local smoker whos doing barbecue to go to Buc-ees, but I am willing to tell you its probably the best mass-produced road trip sandwich available. Thankfully Buc-ees sells much more than just junk food! You can buy something for everyone at Buc-ees! If youre looking for something a bit more tart, their key lime pie pudding is also delicious! Theres a beef jerky wall, a dried fruit wall and a wall of gummy treats. Beef jerky is a snack you'll find at just about every gas station in the country. Is Turin Worth Visiting? Thank you for pointing that out! 2. Made from berries picked from the Southern mayhaw tree (via Southern Living), this jelly is bright pink and makes for a delicious, sweet topping for breads and pastries. Adult & childrens swimsuits, trunks, and bikinis are available in multiple patterns! How the prices? The best Buc-ees snacks and my favorite Buc-ees snacks arent exactly the same thing, but well try to thread the needle with a bit of both. ), its cheaper and way more fun to buy it in the store! The selections of fresh coffees brewing and creamers and syrups are AMAZING! We dont have these in Maryland, but I sure wish that we did! Opt for the nug-ees instead which have flavors like cheese! Its just that peach rings are not my thing. It was tasty and gone in a hurry! Nuggets are basically the perfect road food, but if you prefer something more savory than a caramel- or chocolate-coated treat, Buc-ee's Nug-ees are the perfect answer. Buc-ee's fudge also comes in some flavors ol' Granny probably wouldn't have dreamed of, like.watermelon? Buc-ee's Sausage on a Stick is an oversized sausage stuck on a skewer, sprinkled with seasoning, and wrapped tightly in a tortilla: It's not quite ahot dog and not quite a corndog. I wasnt exaggerating when I said you can buy just about anything at Buc-ees. Their frozen stuffed chicken is amazing! We are completely smitten with the ever-expanding Texas chain of gas stations. Fudge. Bbq brisket sandwich-amazing . Whether youre shopping at Buc-ees with your kids or theres a child in your life waiting for you, there are lots of kid-friendly Buc-ees gifts to choose from! Tx and enjoyed the best gas prices and cleanest bathrooms and convience stores!! Buc-ee's Nug-ees A savory version of Beaver Nuggets, with a powdery cheese-flavored coating. Here are a few of my favorite Buc-ees souvenirs and Buc-ees gifts to bring back to friends and family! T-shirts? Dried fruit is calorie-dense, which is great if you're going on a long hike, but not necessarily if you're sitting in the car for hours. If youre the kind of person who wishes candy corn was available year-round, then this place is for you! Manage Settings There are several options including a summer sausage thats quite good as well. ), 7+ Great Girls Trips in Texas (Weekend Getaway Ideas! Dying to try a kolache but can't get to a Buc-ee's? So . My favorite is the sliced sausage sandwich, Jeremy usually opts for the brisket. So much so that they installed tooshlights to help clean bathrooms at locations that were, err, lacking in this area. First,set a time limit(and maybe an alarm). Can't make up your mind about what flavor you want? Buc-ees typically has great gas prices. Belinda Carlisle once sang Heaven is a Place on Earth. Im pretty sure she was singing about the jerky counter at Buc-ees. I wonder if you can find any cleaner public bathrooms in the world. Buc-ees has both available hot and fresh! Below I list my favorite Buc-ees finds, but here are some tips for surviving your experience (and I do mean surviving). I bought one and I use it as a Christmas ornament. Coming in at under a dollar, you really cant go wrong giving a Buc-ees Icee a chance. Let us know in the comments! Its a pull apart and eat in u r car. While we do our best to bring you the most up-to-date information, TheSmokies.com LLC makes no warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of any content contained within. While the bags are labeled with Buc-ee's logos and generic names, you'll find all of your favorite classic gummy candies, like gummy bears, gummy worms, peach rings, and more. In fact, Buc-ees holds two world records: one for the worlds largest convenience store (66,335 square ft, about half the size of a Target) and another for the worlds largest car wash (at 255 feet!). Nug-ees are the savory alternative to the classic Nuggets. Continue with Recommended Cookies. If so what is your price per bag. Go for the OG traditional beaver nuggets. This makes them a sweet, yet slightly salty snack with just the right amount of crunch. This is an extremely classic take on a banana puddingand Ive paid twice as much for puddings half as good more than once in my life. And of course, Buc-ees face is featured prominently in the middle. Sizzlin' Saltines start with saltine crackers and add a variety of sweet, salty, and spicy toppings. Crunchy. Their yogurt and/or chocolate-covered animal crackers are also tasty. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'officeescapeartist_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_5',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-officeescapeartist_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'officeescapeartist_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_6',107,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-officeescapeartist_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0_1'); .large-mobile-banner-1-multi-107{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}Arguably the most famous snack available at Buc-ees is beaver nuggets. In case youre wondering, the best banana pudding in the world is at Dreamland Barbecue in Tuscaloosa.