I've found our Skinner 1885 High/Low Wall sight very effective in the field and in the brush alike. Count me in for a fixed 4x. The sights are basic but easy to see. or .300 Win. Ruger's multi-role small frame autoloading rifle - Sear - combines AR-10 power with AR-15 Portability. Mag. A low-level magnification will be of the best assistance at close ranges and bumping up the magnification for further distances will be essential. . Fast target acquisition. There was a tactical BLR Black Label with a Monte Carlo stock with 16- or 18-inch Takedown barrels; and a BLR/BL-22 Father & Son Combo that we missed out on a couple of years ago. trigger, smooth lever, and deluxe recoil pad make the BLR a dream to shoot. Buy It Now. rear sight (2" MOUNTING HOLE SPACING), Browning BLR Rear Sight W/ Screws Original, BROWNING BLR REAR SIGHT BROWNING LEVER ACTION BELGIUM MADE, Browning BLR Rear Sight Elevation Adjusting Screw- New OEM, Browning BLR or BLR81 Rear Sight Elevation Screw only. The biggest thing that converted me to scopes is old age. Still incorporated in current-production BLR rifles, the Lewis design utilizes a rotating bolt that locks into the barrel (or receiver, on early models) for robustness. The linear motion of the bolt body causes the bolt head, or pinion, to rotate into a secure and locked position. Plus, unlike the Browning BLR, this gun is entirely US made at about the same price. IMPORTANT: These bases will not accept Weaver-style or Picatinny-style rings. Speaking of takedowns, the third model is one such, the BLR Lightweight 81 Stainless Takedown. You can remove the scope in seconds to have access to the iron sights in case the scope got damaged. IMPORTANT: These bases will not accept Weaver-style or Picatinny-style rings. Cal. yes another BLR vid and thats cause it my pride and joy :) just a video how my scopes are mounted with the ability to use the iron sights, its pretty unique set up. On my last Idaho bear hunt, I carried a bolt gun in .270 Weatherby Magnum featuring a 26-inch barrel and 46 inches in length. Flyblown, Jul 8, 2020 #1 MilosR Copper BB I've never seen any. The new 9mm suppressor can mount easily to any pistol barrel threaded x28 inches and doesn't compromise on sound suppression, gas blowback or recoil. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Pre-installed swivel studs accept most rifle slings. Ironsighter See-Thru For Browning Bar Auto/BLR Lever . Tactical Folding Flip Up Iron Sight Back Up Sights Set Front Rear Picatinny Rail. Find a local dealer Select Camo/Color: Select a size: No Size Selected Every year, Browning introduces new configurations and discontinues others. This rifle has not been threaded but could be for an extra cost of 60 . This system is only compatible with BAR and BLR rifles. Your email address will not be published. The new design looked like a mechanical gear in cross-section. Lewis also made it so that the trigger mechanism traveled with the lever as an assembly when the gun was cycled, which eliminated the risk of pinching the shooters finger against the trigger while elevating the lever and closing the bolt. (Mark Fingar photo). We use cookies to give you the best possible user experience & to analyze traffic. (If youre looking for the antithesis of a low-cost, matte-finish, weatherproof-stocked bolt-action, then the White Gold Medallion model is what youre after.). The Leupold model features finger click adjustments for windage and elevation. I am not sure if I'll put a scope on as I would like to try it out with the iron sights. Required fields are marked *. Unlike most bolt guns, the BLR features eight locking lugs on the bolt head to increase its strength and longevity. Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! You can expect a BLRs trigger to measure 5 or 6 pounds from the factory. Possible $30 rebate if bought by 12-31-12. Browning SA .22 rear sight removal TexAg56 15 subscribers Subscribe 9.4K views 8 years ago I couldn't figure out how to remove the rear sight on a Browning SA .22 so I could mount the. Plus, the takedown feature means that it is simple to remove the guns barrel and forend assembly and stow the entire rifle inside a pack. Bob Meinert, FN Marketing Director, introduces FN's first commercial pistol suppressor, the FN Rush 9Ti. Home; Shop Gun Sights; Shop New & Used Guns; Retail Services; Support; Employment Opportunities; Contact; Contact Details. $1,101, aimpoint.com And in 1972, BLR production moved from Belgium to Mirokus facility in Japan. For a great "Open Country" rifle, choose a flat shooting caliber (mine is a 25-06) that allows a point blank hold to 300 yards. Our product experts have helped us select these available replacements below.You can also explore other items in the, HI Wondering if you can get the front green instead red and the back sight red? on the stripped hole use locktight to glue the plug in. Many offer easy adjustment for zero. Model 705: Condition Factory New: Bud's Item # 88004: UPC 010466007055: Manufacturer Ironsighter (0 Reviews) A list of modern browsers is below; simply click an icon to go to the browsers download page. This motivated the development of several new cartridges to work within new and existing lever actions. A favorite of some collectors, the highly figured maple stock has been graded AAA, and is accented by rosewood forend and grip caps. (85g) per pair. Plus, they are low profile on your gun for a better look and for the advantages of mounting just a bit closer to the bore centerline. Extra wide oval opening below the scope allows fast, unrestricted use of iron sights when you're too close to use a scope. Our Wild West Guns Ghost Ring sights are built to be Alaskan tough and extremely fast to use! It is shock proof, water proof, and fog proof. Mag. The magazine was also redesigned so it sat almost flush against the bottom of the receiver. Description:Browning BLR Front Sight. Save up to 12% when you buy more. This front sight is the factory replacement for all Browning BLR models including Pre-81, Model 81, Lightning, Lightweight, and Takedown models. notch (rear); gold bead (front)STOCK: American maple, Grade AAA, pistol gripFINISH: Satin nickel, engraved (aluminum); polished (stainless steel)MSRP: $1,540 (tested)IMPORTER: Browning, browning.com, TYPE: Lever action, magazine fedCARTRIDGE: 17 offerings; .300 WM (tested)CAPACITY: 3+1 rds.BARREL: 20 in. Our site uses JavaScript for a smooth and modern shopping experience; we protect your data and never sell it to 3rd parties. This means that they heat up in a hurry. Sure, you can probably make do with iron sights or holo sights, especially for short-range, but a good .270 scope makes sighting much easier. Mag. A winchester 70 featherweight has a street price of $900 . There are four night vision and six daytime brightness settings. The barrel on this rifle is a precision-friendly, button-rifled model and it delivers exceptional accuracy. Shockproof, chemical-resistant and submersible to 150 feet. Browning BXC .300 Win Mag 185gr. The Browning BLR White Gold Medallion Maple Rifle comes decked with beautiful, high-grade woods, resulting in a rifle that looks just as good as it shoots. $154.99. Terminal Tip Ammunition, 20 Round Box, 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. It is the nature of the Browning BLR that allows many caliber options (15+ at the time of this writing). Messages 619 . A word of warning, though: If youre in the habit of squeezing the rear bag with your non-shooting hand when firing off the bench, be cautious of hard-kicking calibers. Rings are available separately. Find a local dealer Select Camo/Color: Select a size: No Size Selected Sizing Information Free Standard Shipping on all orders over $99. John Marlins side-eject design became a popular option with those wanting to pair their rifle with an optic. The Browning Lever Rifle (BLR) is one example of a lever action that continues to survive the test of time. I wish there was an aperture rear sight that utilized the rear predrilled scope-mounting holes. To take a step back, I ordered the BLR Lightweight 81 Stainless Takedown for use on an Idaho bear hunt with hounds. The modern BLRs stock works great with irons sights, and OK when using a magnified optic. Lever actions were the most popular repeating rifles of the 19th and early 20th centuries. BAR & BLR - Integrated Scope Mount System, Machined from 7000 series aluminum for high strength and durability, The integrated design eliminates alignment problems and the possibility of a loose connection between bases and rings, .400" Low height for scopes up to a 44mm objective with a standard barrel contour, .500" Medium height for scopes up to a 50mm objective with a standard barrel contour. White Gold Medallion Maple and the Takedown in .300 Win. However, Ive found that the current BLR is a still-capable rifle that stands up well to modern rivals thanks to smart engineering and loads of charm. Made in Japan from 1973 to present. Finally, if you choose an online source to buy the best Browning BLR scopes, make sure the supplier has a money-back no-questions-asked policy (for example, Amazon provides free returns on almost all their scopes). BROWNING-STYLE RINGS ARE AVAILABLE SEPARATELY. Platinum Lifetime. (Please see our FAQ and Front Sight pages for more info). You are probably only going to find hunting style sights. Your browser is out of date and may not be able to properly display our website. These specs make the BLR ideal for hunting from blinds and tree stands. Change is hard. The Best 30mm Scope Rings -- Reviews 2023, The 4 Best Scope Covers Lens Cap Reviews 2023, The 4 Best Single Point Slings Reviews 2023, 40mm vs 50mm Scopes Which Are Better? Integral aluminum base means lighter weight. Browning Browning BAR/BLR Integrated Scope Mount System, 1" STD Matte blued 4 hole(12377) Add to cart. Machined from 7000 series aluminum alloy, they eliminate alignment problems and the possibilityof a loose connection between the base and ring. You would need to reach out to the manufacturer or purchase replacement fiber optic rods as we do not modify or customize products from the manufacturer. The Model 81 BLR lever action rifle was introduced in 1981 and included some minor changes, including a different magazine. Give a Gift Email him. He loads both revolvers with old-school 148-grain Federal Gold Medal .38 wadcutters. For this article, I tested both the .243 Win. Only members can connect with other members. Whatever range you shoot at, however, you should invest in a scope for your .270 rifle. Use the Maxima bases. Browning Rifle BLR Lightweight With Pistolgrip Various Calibers #0340091x Browning Browning Rifle BLR Lightweight With Pistolgrip Various Calibers #0340091x (No reviews yet) Write a Review SKU: 36934 Type: Rifle - Lever Action CAD $1,384.99 - CAD $1,444.99 CALIBER: PAL Number: Required Date of Birth: Required Select all Add selected to cart To find your serial number, you will need to refer to your owner's manual. A near perfect set-up. Browning's BLR is an enduring lever-action design that shoots as well as many contemporary bolt-action hunting rifles. $50.00. This scope comes in two different options4-1644 and 6-2450both of which would suit a ton of the BLR caliber choices. I just bought a Browning BLR in .308 win. notch (rear); red fiber optic (front)STOCK: Grey laminate, straight gripFINISH: Matte nickel (aluminum); matte (stainless steel)MSRP: $1,310 (tested)IMPORTER: Browning, browning.com. These are our reviews of the 4 best scopes for Browning BLR on the market: The Zeiss Conquest with external turrets has a 3-18x magnification range which will be absolutely useful for everything on the BLR. The BLR is a favorite because, unlike other lever-action rifles, they do not experience accuracy issues from the limitations that any flat-nosed ammo causes. Not counted among the four standard models is the BLR White Gold Medallion Maple. Joined Apr 25, 2006 Messages 10,003 Reaction score 243. Morgan, UT 84050 Its pricey, but it's worth every penny. Free Standard Shippingon all orders over $99. For 2021, there are four BLR rifle models offered by Browning. This causes the rear sight to move to the right. Taurus Marketing Manager Caleb Giddings highlights the features of the new Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum, a purpose-built revolver with a 10.5-inch barrel and an effective recoil-taming brake, with Guns & Ammo Executive Editor Joe Kurtenbach. The SKINNER 1885 sight mounts in the two screw holes located on the barrel just forward of the receiver. The Nikon scope has a very versatile zoom range at 3-9x, which again would be totally suitable for BLRs caliber topns. This is a nice rifle in good used condition. To evaluate a sampling of Brownings current-production BLRs, I ordered two representative rifles for range work. Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight, Green/Red, 70239, Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight has been discontinued by Williams Gun Sight and is no longer available. All Guns and Ammo subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. models. But that said, I like the factory irons alright, and you can get very good with them with practice. Why? BLR rifles have a 1-inch drop at the comb and heel, which is more than most bolt guns and noticeable when you shoulder the rifle. The previously-cylindrical bolt was fluted, and lost two of its locking lugs, going from eight to six. The leverguns box magazine makes it possible to shoot pointed bullets without fear of chain firing. I always assumed I would want a 3 - 9, but I'm not so sure anymore. Given a 20-inch barrel, the BLR is shorter at 40 inches overall. . Browning / Winchester Large Bradley Front Sight, 3x56, White, A-5 Buck Special Front Sight w / Gold Bead, Browning A-5 Sight Bead Plain & Vent, All, Browning Maxus/Silver Sporting Hi-Viz Front Sight, Browning A-Bolt Front Sight Without Bead, Browning BPS Rear Sight Assembly, Game Gun, Browning A-Bolt Shotgun / BPS Game Front Sight Bead, Browning A-Bolt Shotgun / BPS Game Rear Sight Aperture, 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. It is a 1 - 4 power. Probably the least inexpensive way to get a close range bear and moose thumper and might be the best route. For close-range hunting, such as for whitetails and pigs, the standard iron sights work well. When the hammer is in this position, a tab extends up from the lowered hammer face and offers a visual and tactile indicator of the rifles status. Serial Number beginning with 01001 at the start of each year. Manufactured to be a very good product for pretty much anybody, we're positive you are going to love the Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight . What is interesting about this fact is that TRW also produced automobile parts. . Browning's Groundbreaking BLR continues to blend lever-gun handling with contemporary versatility and style. Egw's one piece scope mounts are the obvious choice for hunters and shooters . $22.45 shipping. What more can you ask for? That gun proved unwieldy in the dense brush, and it was a poor choice for hunting behind fast-moving hounds. Choose Options; Sights, for Browning Buckmark .22, Front Black, by Dawson Precision . Browning BAR ShortTrac-Multiple options of caliber type: I am a fan of .270, 30-06, and the .308. At 50 yards, I had no problem hitting an 8-inch target from the sitting, kneeling or standing positions. However, they had invested in firearm manufacturing machines and tooling in an effort to supply M14 rifles to the U.S. military. Perhaps all of the variations have helped us to think of the BLR as having a soul, one that we never want to see die. Stocky's Owner Don Bitz walks David Faubion through the company's new rifle stocks for 2023. Opens in a new window or tab. If I were buying a BLR to scope, Id avoid scopes with an objective lens larger than 40mm. You want one with as low of a profile as possible and expect to remove the iron sights. This should be on anyones list of the best Browning BLR scopes. This is the proven two-piece design offered by Browning for many years. The firearm is an extremely versatile lever-action rifle with a lot of caliber options (from .22-250 Remington all the way to 7mm-08 Remington) and opportunities for customization. Browning factory parts are perfect for replacing your lost or damaged components. Certainly no shots over 300 yards and probably less than that. Cartridges that are unpopular or forgotten have made their host rifles hard to feed or obsolete. Sights, for Browning Hi-Power MK 3, Front Fiber Optic, by Dawson Precision. Browning BLR Rifle, Rear Sight Aperture, Beer Can Sight, part# 5290, B-364. Good iron sights would bring the cost higher too. Unfortunately, the hunt, like so many events in 2020, was cancelled. The Browning BLR - particularly in this configuration - is a functional rifle, in . Bushnell elite series is a nice scope for under $200. The grade-AAA maple stock and rosewood pistol grips and forend caps sport an eye-catching gloss finish, while aggressive checkering on the forend and grip ensure a reliable . All things being equal, a 50mm lens would obviously offer more light transmission than a 40mm one. At 7 pounds, the BLR in .300 Win. It has a 20 inch barrel with front and middle iron sights. To raise the point of impact, turn the screw in a clockwise direction until the sight has been raised the. Freedom is not free. If you were shooting steel plates or other targets of that size they are great and fast. Replace, upgrade, and explore MGW's expansive line of Browning sights for many different pistols, rifles, and shotguns. (Mark Fingar photo) When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. This will be the first time I have put a scope on a high power hunting rifle. Most utilize tubular magazines that do not safely accept cartridges loaded with spitzer projectiles. Weight is 11 oz. Daniel Defense firearms, parts and accessories, There is, however, a line, beyond which tolerance ceases to be a virtue. Product #: 725729. A crisp, 4.5-lb. JavaScript is not enabled on your browser - our site will not work for you as intended. on my favorite BLR rifle its a take down 30-06 i now have a 1-6x24 30 tube Burris Tactical RT-6 illuminated. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! In his book, FN Browning: Armorer to the World (Stoeger Pub., 320 pgs., 1999), author Gene Gangarosa offered a detailed account of the BLRs design and production history. Even a cheap Simmons fixed power scope has better eye relief and a wider field of view than a lot of pricey scopes that are variable power. I have a Browning 1895 30-06 which has a rear sight which is described as either a cloverleaf or semi buckhorn rear sight. Today, there are plenty of options available for rifles capable of minute-of-angle (MOA) accuracy, so it would seem that the BLR might be a redundant fossil. A fixed power scope solved that issue. Package would bring the rifle to 7.5 lbs. The White Gold Medallion Maple weighed just 6 pounds, which makes it as light as the average bolt gun in this same caliber. Sights; Stocks, Barrels, Grips; Mag Conversions, Hammer Extensions & Other Parts; Muzzle Brakes, Mock Suppressors; Slings, Holsters, Etc. SPONSORED. Also, in many cases, it will not obstruct usage of factory iron sights. As a matter of record, Lewis was credited for designing the BLRs action. All Rights Reserved. As the name implies, the model wears a stainless-steel barrel with a matte finish, and the aluminum-alloy receiver is paired aesthetically thanks to a satin-nickel finish. Browning-Style Two-Piece Scope Base - BLR and BAR These bases fit both BLR and BAR rifles. This rugged sight weighs just 8.3 ounces with the spacer, and it features a low AAA battery compartment for an alkaline or lithium power sourcedelivering more than 50,000 hours of run time. In 1975 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it followed until 1998. Brownings BLR is an enduring lever-action design that shoots as well as many contemporary bolt-action hunting rifles. Some rifles will require either barrel dovetailing (easily accomplished by a competent Gunsmith) or drilling and tapping for a ramp/sight combo. Meet the all-new Taurus Judge Executive Grade, a revolver featuring a hand-polished satin finish, presentation-grade wood grips, a brass rod front sight and an exceptional hand-tuned trigger. . Weaver bases wont interfere with the irons and quick detach rings would ease removal if necessary. It was comfortable due to the thick recoil pad. Browning 7389 Lapeer Rd. BLR Lighting uses base # M848 front and rear Regular BLR uses base # M838 front and rear _____ To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Browning BLR Takedown 308. Needless to say, what works perfectly for a .22-250 BLR will likely not work nearly as well if your BLR is a 7mm Remington Magnum. First, they have heavy triggers. The lens are coated, bringing the throughput of brightness to 92%. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical Riflescope. / AndyLarsson- All Rights Reserved, Distance between the mounting holes for the. Both the Savage 99 and Winchester 88 were popular in their time, but each were discontinued before the 21st century began. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711. The Lightning BLR was introduced in 1995. Browning Fast and easy way to fill holes on barrels and firearm receivers. SPECS: 1" (2.5cm) I.D. A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. This would be a Lightning BLR rifle, manufactured in 1999 with the serial number 01001. Description. The BAR and the BLR lighting use the same bases so should work the same. All four standard models feature Brownings signature gold trigger and almost 20 chamberings ranging from .22-250 Remington to .300 Winchester Magnum. (Screws and wrenches provided) Front sight heights are unique, individual, and subjective to many variables. to 45 in.WEIGHT: 7 lbs., 13 oz.LENGTH OF PULL: 13.75 in.SIGHTS: Adj. If I pull the scope off, I can JUST use the iron sights over the bases. I had a BLR in .308. Williams Gun Sight Company has been developing top quality products for a very long time, and the Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight is their particular manner of revealing just how much they care. In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture: It is a 1 - 4 power.". It is shock proof, water proof, and fog proof. Browning Sight Assembly Rear Browning BLR. I didnt like that the trigger was as heavy as it was, but when firing rapidly offhand with irons, its less of a factor than when youre sitting on the bench and trying to shoot tight groups. How the scope fairs in different weather elements will be an important component to research. A low-level magnification will be of the best assistance at close ranges and bumping up the magnification for further distances will be essential. (tested), .308 Win, and .30-06 Sprg.CAPACITY: 4+1 rds.BARREL: 20 in.OVERALL LENGTH: 40 in.WEIGHT: 6 lbs., 8 ozLENGTH OF PULL: 13.75 in.SIGHTS: Adj. In an effort to determine how accurate the BLR could be, minus the effects of barrel heating, I let the barrel cool completely between shots. K=BLR Lever Action Rifle. Note: It is recommended that all Browning parts be installed by a qualified gunsmith. 2) Buy a LH Zastava 9.3x62 from Tradeex Canada for $795. The cycle of operation functions on a rack-and-pinion system. TYPE: Lever action, magazine fedCARTRIDGE: 7mm-08 Rem., .243 Win. PO Box 329 document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Zeiss Conquest V6 3-18x50 TEST & REVIEW ~ Rex Reviews, Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP Scope Review, Nikon P Tactical 3-9x40 MK1 MRAD Scope Quick Look. 2 To move the point of impact to the left: simply reverse this procedure. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. The production of the BLR lever action rifle began in 1969. 3) Find a Browning BLR in 325 WSM, 358 Win or 450 Marlin. Joe Kurtenbach, Executive Editor of Gun & Ammo, and John Myles from Smith & Wesson discuss features of the Equalizer 9mm micro-compact pistol and new-for-2023 M&P 5.7. I am looking at the same situation. Browning wanted to be certain that there would be enough BLRs in-stock when the rifle was announced. I've got a Browning BLR 308 that is Pre '81 (1980 according to the serial number). The .243 produced mild recoil, but the .300 Win. But I chose that specific BLR model based on previous experiences. Browning BLR Lightweight Illustration courtesy of Browning. Browning Begium Made Rifles - Sights + Parts 175.00 Posted: Feb 26, 2023 Address: Lacombe County, AB, T0M Category Firearm Components, Accessories, & Tools Iron/Open Sights 3) Browning Belgian SA-22 Dove Tail Flip Down Rear Sight - $195.00 4) Browning Japan (SA / BLR) Dove Tail Flip Down Rear Sight - 100.00 From the Henry 1866 to the Winchester Model 1873, these rifles became emblematic of a pivotal era in American history. I did mount Leupold scopes to both guns for this evaluation. They are designed specifically for Browning's own scope ring design. Plug screws are a real time saver around the shop. Your browser is out of date and may not be able to properly display our website. Thomas Paine. This provides a reference point once you make fine-tuned adjustments. Read here, 3) Browning Belgian SA-22 Dove Tail Flip Down Rear Sight - $195.00, 4) Browning Japan (SA / BLR) Dove Tail Flip Down Rear Sight - 100.00, 5) Browning Belgium BAR - BLR Folding Rear Sight (3/8" DT) - $195.00, 6) Browning Belgium Safari Folding Rear Sight with Base (2 screws - 7/8" C-C) - $285.00, 7) Browning Front Sight Ramp (2" C-C) - $75.00, 8) Browning - Sako Front Sight Base w/ Screws (0.75" C-C) - $75.00, 9) Browning Original Gold Bead Front Sight - $85.00, 10) 6-48 Filler Screws (4) - Blue $20.00, 11) 6-48 Pan Head Filler Screws (4) - Blue $20.00, Phone Calls (No Texting) 403-885-2149 or E-mail - [email protected]. Heck, I still use peep sights on a couple that have taken game at nearly 250 yards. Make sure to ask the professionals, and if thats impossible (due to the nearest gun shop, COVID, or whatever), watch as many videos and read as many articles on the scope you plan on buying. Picked it up yesterday at the gun show. According to Gangarosa, the BLR was a collaborative effort between Valentine (Val) Browning and Browning company employee Karl Lewis. I use Warne QD lever-locking rings with an older Leupold 1.5-5x scope---very good match in size and power for this rifle. I have a BLR 308 with steel receiver---great, handy hunting rifle that can take the same ammo as my FAL. Now, more than five decades after its initial release in 1971, the BLR continues to attract hunters who appreciate a modern interpretation of John Brownings lever-action legacy. Handy, money saving assortment of positive stop and standard plug screws in the two most popular sizes. this scope was around $400.00 and with forever warranty. The new rifle is built on an aluminum billet chassis with carbon-fiber forend and cheek riser featuring V-block bedding. It has spring-loaded windage and elevation knobs which have the ability to be reset to zero once you have sighted in. Browning BAR/BLR Integrated Scope Mount System, 1" STD Matte blued 4 hole(12377) . Since JavaScript is disabled, you will not be able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an order. The new big bore pistols feature industry-first capacity, with a standard 15-round capacity and 22+1 rounds of 10mm or 18+1 rounds of .45 ACP from the extended magazines. Mag. All steel, four screw top strap gives 210 surface contact for recoil-proof strength. I had a BLR in 358 Win but never had a scope on it and just purchased to use with iron sights. Makers include Aimpoint, Burris, Holosun, SIG SAUER, Trijicon, TRUGLO, Crimson Trace, and others. $39.00. I preferred using open sights on my BLR in .358, however, as my eyes began to fail, I made several switches in the sights on my gun (getting coarser). Finally I settled on a red dot sight that I still use. The new-for-2023 lineup includes ultralight hunting stocks and a VGA 2-pound adjustable vertical-grip stock. the sight on the new blr is a flat bar with a notch in it. K=BLR Lever Action RifleMade in Belgium from 1969 - 1972. Your email address will not be published. This is a Browning factory original part made to the same specifications as the parts originally in your Browning rifle. This was then followed by the serial number. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. The tip of a pointed bullet in a tubular magazine rides against the primer of the cartridge ahead of it, which could invite disaster. It allows for 58 MOA wind age adjustment and 103 MOA elevation adjustment. Best of luck! Since it will be nearly impossible to put a scope base that allows the use of the iron sights, I am thinking a low power scope. In low light I just can't find the front sight.