Caitlyn was my maitre d and she too was very attentive of my husband and I she kept us fed and hydrated in between all the pictures and video takes. We were given the opportuni My fianc and I want a small intimate wedding, and finding a venue for a party of 100 or less limits options. First and only place you need to look for your next venue for any event! From the planning stages with JoAnna to the execution of Scott and Antonella. I cannot say enough about Woodwinds. They were the absolute best. we might have had. With a capacity of 200 guests you can spread out over three beautiful rooms or enjoy the expansive grounds. You'll also notice that the quality and attentiveness of employees and organizers is top notch. Pricing was well worth what you get and they made payments easy. was impeccable. I knew when we first toured that The Woodwinds was my first choice, and only choice really. Randy made sure everything was perfect which it truly was! I am still overwhelmed with joy knowing everyone there will make our day extra special. Both the great lawn, and the large boulders that stick out of the great lawn are the best spots for the quintessential photo with the mansion in the background. So, if you are planning a Connecticut mansion wedding and you want water views and a shoreline vibe, I highly recommend the Branford House. I would love to go back to my special day it was without flaw! The layout was also perfect for us - we had 125 guests, and the house is divided into three rooms. d it was the complete opposite. Deborah Dempsey A Gala Affair, Please fill out email, subject and message, #5 best wedding venue in Connecticut by the experts, Wedding at Home: Main Points You Should Know About, 17 Great Small Party Venues in Connecticut. So I would suggest booking early because this venue will not be available its too breath taking. The staff here were very patient, kind, and very professional. If my bridesmaids tried to help, she sent them away to enjoy themselves only after making sure they were taken care of as well. Everyone we dealt with throughout the entire planning process was great. There were times we even felt like she might be a mind reader because she would get us things before we even asked for them! In addition to all this, the price was competitive. The food was incredible the drinks were great the staff made you feel welcome all around an amazing time had by all. They even made a special order of food since my son was so picky. The views out to the ocean are stunning and you really feel as though you have stepped back in time. Unfortunately it is hard to find what you are looking for when your'e planning a wedding on a budget, but luckily Vanessa was able to work with me and we ended up booking our wedding that same day! I wish I could relive the night! Katherine was very easy to work with, and we loved that we could work with any vendors we wanted. All our guests were absolutely blown away by the interior and Katherine is so professional and helpful. Joanna, the venues Florist, did spectacular work on our arrangements, and was great to work with. Vanessa, Ken, and Michael were constantly keeping me in the loop of timelines and due dates, answering any and all questions I had. The Branford House has all of the beauty and elegance that you would see in Newport at a much more reasonable price. Highly recommend. It it an absolutely beautiful setting. When our day finally arrived. the food was amazing, our guests had nothing but good things to say about the staff and food. Our ceremony was set up for outside on the lawn facing the water, but the storm that rolled through forced us to re-evaluate our plans and we moved everything inside. Handled everything!! The woodwinds has wonderful packages we went with one that offered a cake from a local bakery and a Venetian table first off our cake was amazing and our guests raved about the food and the extra desserts. Along with the amazing packages they offer, she really Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. Find wedding inspiration that fits your style with photos from real couples, Sit back and relax with travel info + exclusive deals for the hottest honeymoon destinations. though we were bummed we knew we were in good hands. 18 Creative Personalized Wedding Favors Your Guests Will Love, How to Get the Perfect Wedding Photographs: 4 Easy Tips, Chat With Other Brides That Are Planning Their Connecticut Wedding. These. Bill Miller's Castle was . When we got engaged, I knew we needed to get married there! From my initial visit with Vanessa, to us saying I do, it was superb!!!!! We also appreciated them quoting a single figure that included tax and gratuity so there were no hidden fees we didnt expect. Our guests loved the food, and it was served so quickly and efficiently! The Woodwinds was so accommodating and professional when having to postpone our wedding. Required fields are marked *. All vendors recommended were 5 star! The Woodwinds is in high demand for good reason! They took care of everything! In-house catering is provided by a team of chefs who can work closely with clients to create a fully bespoke and customized menu. If youre looking for an all in one place, look no further! From there, you can look out over the great lawn, lighthouse, and ocean. Working with you, they can create a personalized menu tailored to your desired tastes. Thank you so much to everyone at Woodwinds!! Plan your wedding wherever and whenever you want on the WeddingWire App. We got married on June 16, 2017 and it was the happiest day of our lives. We looked at other venues but it did not take us long to call Vanessa back to book Woodwinds. Our guests are still raving about the food! They have the best staff of any venue we have ever been to, everyone was unbelievably helpful. This is just the beginning! They were SO flexible when it came to meeting with us. had all the best things: a thoughtful + sweet getting ready time, a quintessential, new england church service + a historical venue with ocean views. They have several large suites available for getting ready. The staff was personal and professional. The only negative was that they tell you, you can take home food for those that dont attend. nt where I was like crap, day is ruined the entire team at Woodwinds is incredible. We look forward to working more and more closely with Vanessa and the entire staff as we approach our big day! The staff were so attentive to our needs and our guests', and Randy and Ana were amazing! After we started touring venues my husband knew this would be the place right away. to worry how the day is going to gothey have everything under control.and it will be perfect! Before the night arrived, we found that the Woodwinds offered a great value package compared to other local venue spaces. For a more outdoor feel, the Garden Room presents stunning views of the grounds, with three elegant patios available to you. My fianc and I knew right away when walking in that this was the place! The staff is very helpful and nice. of the process with last minute RSVP cancellations, they were extremely diligent in making sure the presence of any food my husband was allergic to was completely non-existent and the day of the wedding they truly went above and beyond. We lucked out with the best weather and were able to have our ceremony outside on the lawn. This venue is stunning. The Branford House is one of the most elegant seaside Connecticut wedding venues. I am so excited that I'll marry my best friend next summer here! *All of our catering is done through Dina's at the Mont. With room for up to 240 guests, it can be adjusted to suit your partys size. Mr. & Mrs. Homar 7.3.21. abulous and answered every question and fulfilled every request. Everyone raved over it. standing and was with me every step of the way, and never more than a few feet away for everything I needed. Ken was always helpful and responsive and had all the answers to our questions! She went above and beyond all night! Highly recommend! He was the key to our successful day! So far so good! --Stephanie & Andrew. We are surrounded by luscious greenery which turns beautifully colorful in our fall season. Bill Miller's Castle - Venue - Branford, CT - WeddingWire Weddings Wedding Venues Mansion Weddings Connecticut Hartford Branford Bill Miller's Castle in Bill Miller's Castle Branford, CT View map Phone number Visit website Request pricing 4.9 122 $18k - $22k For 100 Guests Up to 250 Check your date Gallery 44 About FAQs Reviews 122 Real Weddings 1 Sergio you are fantastic at your job i cant say it enough! Randy was our coordinator the day of the Wedding, and the two young ladies who stood by me alllll day, were phenomenal. They have everything down from planning to executing! The property is very well cared for. A picturesque cocktail hour and reception meal can be held on the stone patio and adjacent grass, perfect for those who have envisioned a waterfront mansion wedding. The Branford House Mansion is a historic mansion and wedding venue on the Avery Point Campus of the University of Connecticut in Groton, Connecticut. Specialties: Planning a wedding reception, banquet, corporate event, or just need a special event venue to have your next meeting or holiday party, the Woodwinds on the border of Guilford and Branford CT is an Award winning family owned wedding reception hall and banquet hall in CT. With our beautiful landscaping and our renowned chefs we can make your wedding reception or special event a . Not an understatement. My wife went to school in Newport, RI and wanted the Newport feel without making our guests stay in hotels for Newport prices. Vanessa was just beyond amazing. $5,600 starting price Get a personalized quote Bar $25 starting price Get a personalized quote About The Branford House Mansion is a historic mansion and wedding venue on the Avery Point Campus of the University of Connecticut in Groton, Connecticut. Theres a lot I can say about the woodwinds and the amazing job they did for our event! on. Your Wedding Dreams Come True at WoodWinds, Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony. They were so easy to communicate with. The Woodwinds was beyond amazing! If you are thinking of getting married in a mansion in New England, this is the best choice for you. hedule, but the woodwinds made the process very pleasant! We had both our ceremony and reception there. I am looking forward to hosting other events at the woodwinds! The day of coordinator does amazing work to make the big day runs smoothly! You all rock! Everything went so smoothly, from the decoration dropoff, to rehearsal, to the big day. We had our ceremony by the waterfall and it was perfect. Prior to the day of, I had emailed Ken about 501 times with questions. Vanessa made our tour fun and she was very helpful when we made our final decisi We visited Woodwinds as our first venue since we got engaged. Bringing their world-renowned talents to this location, they have created a welcoming, open venue filled with charm. The peak season rental rate (May 1 to Oct 31) for Branford House for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, is $5600. We were able to fit everyone in the main room and one of the wings, giving us another room empty for the dancing, which was perfect! And thats the truth! Menu options are fantastic and so reasonable, good quality for a fair price. We had our ceremony in a New Haven church in the afternoon and our reception at the Woodwinds in the evening. With so much uncertainty for our special day, We were fi Im not sure there are any words that can even begin to describe how perfect the entire Woodwinds staff made our wedding day celebration! Fast forward to March of 2020 our big day ended in a reschedule. . I SHOULD HAVE NOT EVEN WENT!! My husband and I couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue. The entire night was spectacular! I barely had to lift a finger thanks to the attention to detail of the entire wait staff and our bridal attendant, Marcella. Our guests are still raving about the food, drinks, and service. t attendant. Like most of the mansions, there were some restrictions on decorations and expectations on the time that we would be in and the time we'd be out, but they were more than reasonable and we never ran into any issues. My guests haven't stopped raving about the delicious food, the phenomenal service, and the gorgeous grounds. You guys did that! Or, if preferred, you are welcome to invite your own desired vendors to this esteemed location. The tent was decorated so beautifully and the day was EVERYTHING we ever dreamed of! Even from afar, you can hear the wedding bells ring and the happy guests sing at Branford House Mansion. , stmas theme. More importantly the QUALITY of the venue, food, beverages, services, etc. The food options are incredible and there will be something for everyone! I highly recommend the Woodwinds for your wedding venue. Randy was awesome when we got down to the home stretch and did great running the event the day of. Please check back in a few minutes. Don't miss out! Everyone loved the food from the hors d'oeuvres to the main course to the ice cream bar. Vanessa was a lovely host and made us so excited about the venue! Woodwinds was the last venue We recently got married at this location on March 23. We are so happy to be married and thank you so much! The bartender was great and had an awesome per AMAZING! We had an unexpected blizzard which caused a few glitches that caused the wedding to start about 45 minutes late and I was beginning to stress out. If you are planning a larger wedding (100+ guests) then you may want to consider having your ceremony outside on Branford Houses sprawling lawn. The food, AMAZING, although as a bride it was hard to eat, but every single person can't stop complimenting the food. $18k - $22k 250 Request pricing View 102 more photos Woodwinds however, can accommodate both the small and the large wedding. They worked with my budget, were incredible with the planning and the food was amazing. have 300+ attending. Everyone we worked with from sales, to day of coordinator, to servers, to the bridal attendant was absolutely f Our wedding was perfect. I went to a wedding there years ago and it absolutely blew my mind. The staff was beyond helpful and made us feel at home instantly. This is such beautiful venue. A special bit of recognition needs to go to Scott, the wedding planner. Located on the Connecticut shoreline, the venue offers panoramic ocean views, sprawling grounds, and elegant event space, making it the ideal setting. I cannot imagine what other venues must be like since they don't have Randy or Ken in their office--both of these men went above and beyond for us! She was always so responsive to my emails, always answered any questions and was so extremely helpful when we worked with her. he made sure everything ran smoothly, my center pieces and wedding decor were perfect and that everyone was where they needed to be; he was so attentive to us. We are very excited to have our wedding there is coming march! We highly recommend The Woodwinds to everyone for any event! questions or inquiries you may have, and spent a lot of time with my mom and I during the initial meeting to ensure that we were comfortable and happy with the package she we were choosing. You can't beat the beautiful stately exterior, stunning dark woodwork inside, and those ocean views - all of our guests loved it and it had the classic romantic ambience that we were looking for. We cannot wait to have our ceremony and reception there next year. What better place to say I Do than on the rocky shores of the Long Island Sound! My Bridal Attendant, Neka, was PHENOMENAL!! Sergio and Kaytlin were with us all night making sure we had everything we needed. We appreciate how smoothly rehearsal was, Scotts attention to detail and overall professionalism, and more importantly the staff on site were definitely paying attention to refilling our guests water glasses. Branford House Exterior My seating charts were a complete mess and I felt as though I worked at the venue instead of being the groom. Everyone that attended our wedding i We are beyond pleased with the service we received at WoodWinds. that we toured because we were sold! I would definitely recommend Woodwinds to other couples and we will be having more events here as well! Vanessa, Ken, Michael, Sergio, truly everybody went above and beyond and it was clear how highly not only they value what they do, but how highly they value you having the day of your dreams. The gazebo itself and the trees behind it were decorated with lights, something we didn't know they would do Amazing place to have any event. If you plan for less than 200, you can really maximize the indoor space dancing in one room, cocktails in another and dining in anotherthe options are plenty! The staff was amazing, food was beyond perfect, and there are no words for Scott! We had two drinks waiting for us when we were done with our ceremony. Everything was above and beyond from the beginning. The Branford House is a magical setting for your wedding or celebration. The best thing is that the place looks so good on its own that expensive/elaborate decorations are not needed :) Katherine and the day of coordinator were wonderful to work with and kept everything running smoothly. I had just heard great things and it seemed like a beautiful place where ev We loved woodwinds for our wedding! The food was absolutely delicious, and the staff was always making sure we were fed, happy and had something to drink! Sincerely Jae & Eddie. We sincerely thank everyone that helped make our day so special! Highlyrecommend this. Next October cannot come soon enough! This rental fee drops to about $3000 for weddings after Thanksgiving up to spring. The entire staff at the Woodwinds immediately impressed us with their open attitudes, positive energy, and professional service. Our wedding was perfect thanks to everyone at Woodwinds!! She was so helpful along the way, answering all of my My fianc and are so excited to get married here next year! My husband and Where do i even start? Our guests all had a great time in this space--the cocktail hour especially was a hit. See hours. I can't thank everyone enough. Bethany & Bailey were fabulous to work with! The amount of attention to detail was fantastic. You can have your ceremony inside in the East Room, the center Grand Ballroom, or outside on the patio off of the West Room. The venue is absolutely beautiful and we ended up with a late-summer afternoon wedding on the lawn as the sun set and sail boats quietly coasted in the water. Check out this years best local pros, chosen by couples like you. Inside the house, you can take advantage of the intimate decore and design with its grand staircases, fireplaces, and ballrooms. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food, the staff (even mentioning specific waiters names- shoutout to Carlos! Heidi Hanson Always & Forever Weddings, Gorgeous inside and out. It all made for such a magical day. My friends and family said this was hands-down the best wedding - most elegant, most fun, gorgeous venue they had ever seen! OH and I cannot forget the amazingly delicious venetian table!! This place is beautiful! There is so much more that she did that I can share but it is just too much to make someone read. Each and every one of you were fundamental to making our night fabulous! This classic + traditional wedding. Thank you guys for making our dream day a reality! After the ceremony with all of the ups and downs of my emotions, I was feeling a little nauseated so she got me ginger-ale to help settle my stomach. wedding setting. This palatial estate has a lawn that sweeps right to the Long Island Sound and can be tented. The timely,attentive responses to emails loaded with questions were noteably impeccable and we found the venue to be very flexible and accommodatin Booking our Wedding at the Woodwinds couldn't have gone easier. Our guests said We had our wedding at Woodwinds on 9/18/22 and it was nothing short of a dream! n the venue we worked with Ken & towards our big day we also worked with Randy! There was nothing like the views that the Branford House provided! Our friends and family could not stop talking about how amazing the food was! Joanna created the most gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces, adding another ease to planning and coordination because she works for Woodwinds. ur. And Scott was the best!!! I'm so glad he did because it was so beautiful. JEFF LUNDSTROM PHOTOGRAPHY 203.585.3643 [email protected]. Despite all of the wonderful things I can say about Woodwinds, we are undoubtedly most grateful to Neka!! Randy & Kim are amazing! The day after the wedding, they had all of the decor packed up and about 10 trays of food. Our ceremony was held on the front lawn at the gazebo. Creating heartfelt, moment-driven photographs for relaxed, laid-back couples who want to enjoy their wedding day. From the meeting to the rehearsal and the wedding. On the ocean side of Branford House, the path to the lighthouse provide for a classic New England background for wedding portraits. ything went smoothly. The staff Is simply AMAZING. DJ: Entertainment Unlimited Makeup: Indigo Makeup Artistry Wedding Dress + Bridesmaid Dress Boutique: Melissa Ashley Bridal Wedding Dress Designer: Lillian West Groom + Groomsmen Attire: Classic Tuxedo of Boston We booked a little over a year early and was able to get the 2nd Saturday in August. We highly recommend The Woodwinds as a venue to host anyones upcoming event. It's a gorgeous stone mansion that rivals those you'd see in Newport. You will feel like royalty. From start to finish, Woodwinds was perfect. And it was all so delicious. All Around great day! Our guests cant stop complimenting the food, the views, the EVERYTHING! I had my wedding here last night and cant even begin to express my appreciation for the wonderful staff who made my wedding so amazing. Vanessa has been more than helpful throughout our process so far, and I'm confident that my wedding will go great when i My fiance and I have been to multiple weddings at Woodwinds and it is by far the best venue around! This was a wedding that won't soon be forgotten and a venue that should be number 1 on everyone's list. He was so nice about everything and quick to respond! This is hands down the best value for your money! But I think well worth it in the end because the even will truly be "you". Communication is key with planning a wedding, especially from across the country in California. Randy was an expert on our wedding day; he took care of everything and made sure that we hadn't a care in the world! Located on the University of Connecticut Avery Point Campus and just steps away from Long Island Sound, your wedding photographer will absolutely love this spot. They were always quick to reply to any email questions and really accommodating with anything we needed/wanted (even creating a hot chocolate station!). Everything they do is professional and perfect. Our day was absolutely amazing! We couldnt have asked for a more perfect day!! It's not the cheapest of venues, but it's worth every dollar. Our wedding there was all I had imagined & more. WoodWinds is an esteemed wedding venue located in Branford, CT. A much sought-after location, this luxurious estate presents couples with an elegant setting for their special day. She goes above and beyond to try and fulfill the needs of all the couples and is very easy Booking this as our venue was the best decision we made! We look forward to working with the rest of the team as we count down the days! Literally we were in awe the whole night. Really cannot say enough good things about this venue. Most venues require a high minimum count. rgeous fireplace, had a lovely cocktail hour by a master staircase, and enjoyed our dinner and dancing in the entire ballroom. She held my shoes, bouquet, bustled my dress, and helped me relax and just enjoy the day. The staff at the Woodwinds are inc From start to finish our experience with the Woodwinds was top notch. ), and how smoothly the night went. Thank you for making our day the best day ever!! to reach even after the booking process. We had a winter wedding so the beauty of the inside was critical for us. He kept us organized and he made sure the ceremony & reception was top tier! This was very stressful, as we were told when we booked our wedding that ours was the only one booked at the time for that day, and should there be a second wedding, the other couple would have to work around our schedule. She was so helpful and down to earth throughout the whole tour. Kathleen was very helpful, easy to get ahold of, and very accommodating for the many times I went with a vendor to look at the space to help map out where we're setting everything up. Ceremony + Reception Location: The Branford House Event Planning + Design: Diana of Jubilee Events Flowers: Victorian Rose Florist Entertainment: CZone Entertainment Catering: Gourmet Galley Stationery: Coral Pheasant Stationery Beauty: Kiss + Makeup Lighting + Draping: Drape Art Designs spring through fall), weekend weddings start from about $5000. Our wedding was one of kind with the space and decor. I cannot wait until my wedding and I will definitely write a review after ward. Our guests couldnt say enough great things about the food and drinks, you know its good when people get up for seconds and thirds everything was delicious! The grounds were beautiful and we loved having the outside options for cocktail hour and the reception. dal assistant was incredible the day of! questions and emails, making the process seamless. Thank you Woodwinds!!!! AMAZING LOCATION!!!!!! We had our wedding at the Woodwinds in Feb. '21 and it was spectacular. HoliMont Main Office: 716.699.2320. Scott the wedding coordinator from start to finish, We had the most amazing wedding at the Woodwinds. Curse because it's a lot of work! I would recommend verifying with the Woodwinds if there will be another ceremony taking place on the same day, so you can verify the times of the second wedding, and give yourself enough of a time cushion should the first wedding be running behind, and your wedding is the second of the day. Having our wedding at The Woodwinds was the best decision my husband and I made. He made sure the everything went smoothly, was extremely friendly and on top of everything. Spectacular Cake time Pamper Coffee rose I do S'more? But from the minute we left our tour visit with Vanessa we knew we'd get married at The Woodwinds just as my sister did My experience with the Woodwinds was EVERYTHING!!!! We know many people who have used the Woodwinds for their weddings and they were very happy with the service, food and helpful staff for their big day! They were always so nice to answer my questions and they quite literally take care of EVERYTHING for you..Vanessa was so nice and guided me leading up to the day. When we first toured the venue, we loved how classy the facility was and their beautiful outdoor grounds/ceremony locations. So much delicious food!!! Everyone here knows what they are doing and my bridal attendant was amazing she was there for everything I needed even just holding my drink while I took pictures! I HIGHLY recommend Woodwinds! We are so happy we choose the woodwinds and we cannot be happier to start our lives together as husband and wife and be able to relive the best day of our lives all due to the woodwinds staff! Woodwinds' price was EXTREMELY reasonable even during the peak wedding season. Scott did a great job managing the day and checking in with us to make sure everything was perfect. Sure enough, guidelines change and my reception was outside under the tent. Throw a feast outdoors beneath an enormous tent while overlooking the sea, and enjoy the panoramic views that go as far as the eye can see. Absolutely incredible! From the moment we toured with Vanessa and Tony , to all my questions in between, to the day of with Randy and Neka. Vanessa was so accomodating when I scheduled a last minute tour and even squeezed us in just two days later to see it again! Our guests were completely wowed. My Take As a CT Wedding Photographer for over 10 years, I've had the pleasure of photographing numerous CT wedding venues and, for a mansion wedding, Branford House is my top recommendation. They were on top of everything at every moment. Staff was waiting for us after the ceremony with cold towels, water, and appetizers. Our guests were impressed by the venue and the great detail in the woodwork inside is it's own artwork. g to our needs. Going through the process to book, the whole time Vanessa was so responsive with the million questions I had and made it so much easier to book. It is relatively inexpensive to rent and you can choose all the other vendors you want to work with. The ambiance, the food, the setup, the staff, every little detail was top notch. My fiance, parents, and I met with Vanessa to take a tour of the venue on 9/16/17 . This wedding can accommodate up to 600 guests, presenting you and your loved ones with ample space for your elegant event. A big advantage of hosting a Branford House Wedding is the fact that it is not an all-inclusive wedding venue. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Connecticut Wedding Photographer. My fiance and I looked at several places alongside our budget and there just wasn't one we "loved". Wedding Venues Barn & Farm Weddings Connecticut Hartford Branford Nuzzo's Farm in Nuzzo's Farm Branford, CT View map Phone number Visit website Request pricing 4.7 4 $5k - $5k For 100 Guests Up to 200 Gallery 169 About FAQs Reviews 4 Nuzzo's Farm Cheers!