You are also agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Pennsylvania The Capitol Police confirmed that it arrested Rukstales on Wednesday on a charge of unlawful entry. Singapore "He's worked really hard in the weight room," said Brad Richards. READ NEXT: Senator Josh Hawleys Family: 5 Fast Facts, Brad Rukstales: Illinois Ex-CEO Apologizes After Arrest at Capitol Riot, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. When the waves get tall, hold on to family. Rukstales said he was. Rukstales released a statement after his sentencing, saying: "I am sorry for my actions that day and accept the court's decision. sentenced her to 60 days in federal prison. Rukstales was initially charged with unlawful entry in D.C. Superior Court, but now federal prosecutors have charged him with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; or knowingly, with intent to impede government business or official functions, engaging in disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds; and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. Rukstales was fired as president and CEO of Cogensia, a Schaumburg-based tech company, after being charged. He was fired by the company the same day he was hit with federal charges for his role in the riot. As Capitol Police retreated down a flight of stairs that winter day, federal prosecutors said chairs tumbled down behind them. Kentucky He added: "I had nothing to do with charging anybody or anything or any of that. Brad Rukstales. Their continued encouragement, and the grace they have shown me, are proof that one brief and thoughtless moment does not need to define a persons entire life, he said. Bradley Rukstales salary as Cogensia CEO is unclear. Of these, over 3,000 have been performed with Intralase. The officer described Rukstales as part of a group of six people he encountered on the upper level of the U.S. Capitol Visitors Center near the door to the House Atrium who refused orders to leave. HollywoodLife spoke EXCLUSIVELy with Sarah Shahi and Adam Demos about what the future holds in Sex/Life season 2. Bradley Rukstales of Inverness was sentenced to 30 days in prison for his role in the violent uprising at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. "I'm sorry for my part in it. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. He has also lived in other parts of the U.S. including California, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. "It was the single worst personal decision of my life; I have no excuse for my actions and wish that I could take them back.". In the 2020 election cycle, Rukstales gave more than $25,000 to then-President Trump's campaign and Republican committees, according to The Associated Press. Rukstales expressed regret for being at the Capitol riot and insisted he had not acted violently. The latest installment of my journey from Jan. On Thursday night, Rukstales, of northwest suburban Inverness, told CBS 2s Charlie De Mar things just got out of hand. Please enter valid email address to continue. Brazilian MMA fighters Last week, the panel demanded records from 15 social media companies and several federal agencies in relation to its ongoing probe. That is why I came to Washington, D.C. on that day, and brought my family.. He's put in a lot of work with (former Calvary Christian standout) Mike Warren, and he's helped on getting him more . He donated $2,250 to Jeanne Ives, who formerly served in the Illinois House of Representatives and lost a bid for a U.S. House seat in the 2020 election. He was 52 years old when he was arrested. But, sentences given to other similarly situated defendants, we think that he should not have been given a sentence of incarceration.". Without qualification and as a peaceful and law-abiding citizen, I condemn the violence and destruction that took place in Washington. CogensiaBrad Rukstales was the CEO of Cogensia, but references to him were stripped from the website following his arrest. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time - and I regret my part in that. Rukstales specifically donated to the Republican National Committee, the Trump Make America Great Again Committee and Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. Powered by. In 2020, Rukstales donated around $27,000 to several Republican candidates, including $2,600 to Donald Trump 's campaign. He continued, "I offer my sincere apologies for my indiscretion, and I deeply regret that my actions have brought embarrassment to my family, colleagues, friends and fellow countrymen. The government, however, seemed intent to make an example out of his bad decision and the violent furniture toss. My decision to enter the Capitol was wrong, and I am deeply regretful to have done so. Please. Those actions were his own and not acting on behalf Cogensia nor do his actions in any way reflect the policies or values of our firm. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Bradley Rukstales faces two federal charges: knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, or knowingly, with intent to impede government business or official functions, engaging in disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds; and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. New Jersey Rukstales eldest daughter, a teacher in her mid-20s, wrote in a letter to the judge that they disagree politically but that he shouldnt be defined by his actions on Jan. 6. At that point, Rukstales waved and closed the door. This site requires JavaScript to run correctly. ", RELATED: Brad Rukstales Of Inverness, Arrested At U.S. Capitol Riot, Apologizes And Expresses Embarrassment. Suburban Man Expresses Regret After He Was Arrested During Riot At U.S. Capitol, Bradley Rukstales was deep in protest at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday afternoon and then riots broke out. Rukstales' company put a statement on its Facebook page saying, "We have been informed that our CEO, Brad Rukstales, participated in the recent Washington, D.C., protests. However, his actions on that day should not taint his character, his daughter wrote. Brad Rukstales was fired as president/CEO of the Schaumburg-based Cogensia marketing firm on Friday. China Rukstales later said he followed a group of hundreds inside. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Rukstales was among 13 people who were hit with federal charges on Friday, after supporters of President Donald Trump turned violent and stormed the Capitol on Wednesday. Ruckstales downplayed his participation and claimed he had simply followed others into the building because he was curious to see what was taking place. Here is the full statement: In a moment of extremely poor judgment following the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, I followed hundreds of others through an open set of doors to the Capitol building to see what was taking place inside. Several friends and family members told me domestic violence had been a part of Nicole and Brad's 18-year relationship. Prosecutors wrote Rukstales and the others were standing near Capitol Police officers and ignored verbal orders to leave the building. "My Office, along with our law enforcement partners at all levels, have been expeditiously working and leveraging every resource to identify, arrest, and begin prosecuting these individuals who took part in the brazen criminal acts at the U.S. Capitol. CHICAGO (CBS) -- Bradley Rukstales, the suburban tech company CEO who was arrested after joining the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, was fired by Schaumburg-based tech company Cogensia on Friday, the same day he was hit with federal charges for his role in the riot. Donald Trump August 31, 2021 / 11:50 PM / CBS Chicago CHICAGO (CBS) -- Bradley Rukstales was accused of storming the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot - and just hours after his arrest, he admitted it to. he would not have remorse. Getting ready for 30 days at "Smilin' Milan". Obituary for Brad A. Brailsford. Brad Rukstales Of Inverness, Arrested At U.S. Capitol Riot, Apologizes And Expresses Embarrassment, 13 people have been charged in federal court and around 40 have been charged in superior court, Police Release Photos Of People Sought For Rioting In The Capitol, Hackers Stole $2,000 From Woman's Account, But Bank Wouldn't Give Her Refund Until CBS 2 Got Involved, Sen. Tammy Duckworth Calls For First-Term Rep. Mary Miller To Resign For Comments About Hitler Being 'Right On One Thing'. I of course confess I fall short daily in my spiritual life, but my faith keeps me strong and certain. He grew up in a loving and supportive household and describes his childhood as "enjoyable, challenging (in a good way) and preparing." Id. I got ready for an experience I thought I would never have. I look forward to putting this chapter behind me with the knowledge that in the years to come I will prove myself worthy of forgiveness by living the values that have guided me as a productive and peaceful citizen for the past 53 years.. Its also been important to me to control my own destiny. He has been placed on leave of absence while we assess further.. Close schools! I was arrested for the first time in my life and charged with unlawful entry. Rukstales, in a letter to the judge before his sentencing, claimed that he went into the U.S. Capitol thinking that there may be someplace for us to protest inside but was obviously mistaken. He wrote that he let his emotions to get the better of me but believed in civic engagement, while writing that he didnt want to get into the details of his political beliefs and ideology. Rukstales also gave $500 to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthys reelection campaign. Your email address will not be published. This is the next installment of my journey as a Jan 6 defendant! New York City Rukstales attorney argued that his client was different from Capitol riot defendants like Jenna Ryan, a Texas real estate agent who stormed the U.S. Capitol, sought a pardon from former President Trump and constantly downplayed her behavior on Jan. 6. Required fields are marked *. My decision to enter the Capitol was wrong, and I am deeply regretful to have done so. "So, you know, we certainly respect the sentence and we certainly respect the sentence issued by Judge Nichols," said David Benowitz, Rukstales' attorney, after the sentencing. what if he was not caught? RELATED: US Capitol riots: Feds arrest Illinois man allegedly seen fighting National Guard on Tik Tok. Read this so you are armed when someone asks "what did Trump do for the, Ever wonder if you could share God's word? Bradley Rukstales, a Capitol rioter who pleaded guilty on Tuesday, said he was "careful" when he threw a chair during a riot. Its always been important to me to lead with integrity, honesty, and authenticity. However, in federal court in Washington D.C., prosecutors showed video of Rukstales right in the middle of the Capitol siege that day, at one point throwing a chair and tussling with police. We chatted with Rukstales outside his home. Washington Young Man. The U.S. Attorney in D.C. has said nothing is off the table when it comes to potential federal charges against those who attacked the Capitol - including sedition, which comes with a possible sentence of 20 years. At 41. I also believe in helping those who need a hand up. This desire to help others comes from a faith in God and trusting Him in all things. Joel Schiltz, Cogensias senior vice president and chief operating officer, was named acting CEO. He lost his job as CEO of the Schaumburg tech firm Cogensia after he was charged in January. Miss Universe 2021 Panama City Beach, Florida, United States. "It was great to see a whole bunch of people together in the morning and hear the speeches, but it turned into chaos," Rukstales said. 21: Across the Courtyard I was moved from quarantine into General Population at Milan prison. On January 8, the company's board of directors fired him as president and CEO of Cogensia marketing firm. Colorado He has performed about 10,000 plus LASIK and Cataract Surgery procedures. I do not condone his actions that have led to those charges. Please go to: Home Professional Community Musical Interests My Blog Brad Rukstales It's always been important to me to lead with integrity, honesty, and authenticity. Holy Family's Rocco Bridges shoots during the Tigers' Class 4A second round playoff game at Kent Denver on Saturday afternoon. He was the first Illinois resident to plead guilty in the riots. Brad A. Brailsford, age 71, of Sturtevant, passed away on Feb. 27, 2023, at Zilber Family Hospice, Wauwatosa, Wis. Brad was born on Oct. 2, 1951, in Evanston, Ill., a son of the Late Walter R. and Barbara J. Here are 13 more things about the Illinois native: Categories: advocacy, biographical data, Business & Technology, companies, crimes, LISTS, North America, politics, Social Issues, United States, Tagged as: Bradley Rukstales, Cogensia, Donald Trump, Illinois, Inverness. When I learned about the rally on January 6, it seemed to me that momentum was growing, and that the event would be an important constitutional moment in our republics history. Since his arrest, Rukstales has deleted or scrubbed his social media accounts. Assistant U.S. Attorney Susan Lehr noted in the hearing that Rukstales traveled from Illinois to Washington D.C. to attend the "Save America" rally. Brad Rukstales, the CEO of Chicago-based tech company Cogensia, claimed attending the Capitol riot was the "worst personal decision of his life." Rukstales, who resides in the Chicago suburbs . He should be branded as a traitor and lose all rights earned by law abiding citizens. I am still in the fight for those persecuted. "I have come to realize the weight of my actions, and immensely regret following others into the Capitol. Prosecutors asked for 45 days behind bars; the judge settled on 30. Rukstales pleaded guilty to his role in the riot in August. MarTech CEO, Data Scientist, Christian.Living in a post-political world, I write about society, religion, and anything else I find interesting.J6 "parader" who spent 30 days in prison.If this offends you, fine, but this may not be the place for you. Brad Rukstales MarTech CEO, Data Scientist, Christian.Living in a post-political world, I write about society, religion, and anything else I find interesting.J6 "parader" who spent 30 days in prison.If this offends you, fine, but this may not be the place for you. Bradley Rukstales, 53, of Inverness, Illinois, and the former CEO of data analytics firm Cogensia, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols. As police yelled for people to leave, one of the officers brushed up against Rukstales from behind his arm stretched out toward officers. CHICAGO (CBS) -- Federal prosecutors have asked for a 45-day sentence for Bradley Rukstales - a former tech CEO who pleaded guilty to charges in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection. Earlier this month, U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper dubbed Ryan a cheerleader for the Jan. 6 attack and sentenced her to 60 days in federal prison, which shell begin serving in January. Weve had great years, weve had tough years, but a commitment to excellence and to always drive forward brought us through it all. ", From CBS News: Police Release Photos Of People Sought For Rioting In The Capitol. He faces up to six months in prison and has agreed to pay $500 in restitution. No Mask. The FBI is still looking for 350 people who committed violent acts that day, including 250 who attacked law enforcement officers. But when the reporter asked why he had chosen to go inside the Capitol, Rukstales ended the interview. Virginia Wonder what it's like to walk into a prison? ""It's hard to make the case that you're a perfectly good citizen with an unblemished frame of mind when you're doing something that's inherently belligerent. He apologized for his actions in a statement and said he accepts the court's decision. Indonesia I think the violence was terrible.. Copyright 2023 WLS-TV. US Capitol Chatri Sityodtong "The officer immediately turned around, brought Rukstales to the ground, and he and another officers dragged Rukstales behind their defensive line to be arrested," the charges alleged. Rukstales was the president and CEO of tech company Cogensia, but as of January 8, he was out of a job. Thailand His sentencing hearing is scheduled for November 12. People who know me know that I have many passions in life. Justice DepartmentBrad Rukstales faces 2 federal charges related to the Capitol riot on January 6, 2020. Ultimate Fighting Championship He's a staunch Trump supporter known by Republicans in. The Tigers held the Sun Devils to just nine points in the fourth quarter. It was great to see a whole bunch of people together in the morning and hear the speeches, but it turned into chaos, he said. Learn how your comment data is processed. That's all I'm comfortable saying.". Texas He donated $2,250 to Jeanne Ives, who formerly served in the Illinois House of Representatives and lost a bid for a U.S. House seat in the 2020 election. Would love your thoughts, please comment. Philippines As the scheduling coordinator for Latitude Margaritaville Watersound, I'm responsible for implementing and streamlining the . He was taken into custody inside the Capitol complex after a group of rioters chased officers from the Capitol crypt (underneath the Capitol Rotunda) down into the Capitol Visitor Center. Bradley F. Rukstales is a white man from Illinois, United States. Abu Dhabi Rukstales and five others were handcuffed, arrested and issued citations to appear in court at a later date. The duo, who tied the knot in 2018, revealed .