Its so easy to forget to put on fire in an emergancy! Classic, one of a kind look. So how do you zero this gun? I now have the civilian version (the 92FS) and could not be happier. Bought the new Grade 3 walnut grips from Beretta now on sale, (Gold flat screws are extra). Nice article. I do not need a rail or a red dot on this gun. This is where the S comes in 92FS, and was done in response to reported defective slides during US Military testing where, during catastrophic failure, the slide blew off and injured shooters. It is better to train to rack that slide w/o the use of your fingers because you might not have them, and you might inadvertently apply the de-cocker when you really didnt want to if you did have them. MGW carries replacement grips, magazines, barrels, ejectors, triggers and other parts for these models. Without Locking Block and Plunger, With Locking Block Plunger [Add $45.00] The grips themselves are excellent overall and feel great. As against, Beretta M9 has a single dot front sight and the rear has a half-circle in the center. However, its surprisingly smooth. I love Berettas and the 92 is at the top. In the beautiful state of California, however, it only comes with two 10 round magazines. I have been shooting and owned guns since 1952. The slide lock is a big honking lever placed for easy engagement to both lock and drop the slide. Good Article - Thanks for posting!!! Itd explain some things. Your assessment of the 1984 trial results are false. SAAMI spec 9x19mm is, for example, so underloaded that a P08 Luger or a 9mm C96 Mauser loaded with it usually wont cycle, unless the recoil spring is beaten all to hell. Sounds like you are pulling the trigger. It looks amazing, and even today it sits apart from the current mass market of polymer-frame striker-fired black guns. This review is misleading in regards to how durable the coating is. Youll get a cleaner pull and a better reset. I remember as a Army Supply Sergeant that I had to keep a -9 in a log book for all of the M9s. Much too heavy. While I carried my M9 in an issued SERPA, that holster admittedly has some issues. I only have 200 rounds three mine, but it still had no issues with the Hornady XTP or FTX rounds. With the upgrades to my Beretta I do not see the need for a 92x but I think the 92x Beretta Performance is the most beautiful gun I have ever seen. High quality Euro style metallurgy! My issue had to do with with its ergonomics. Look into the G conversion kits. I was two shots away from a perfect score, and I am definately no marksman. No breakages & I cant seem to remember any failures. I will keep shooting the Beretta, and its Brazilian cousin, as, despite having owned most brands and many models of pistol, the slick old oversized nine will still have a place in my armory. Carbon so thick you had to scrape it off with a knife. The quality of the 92fs is greatly diminished, the lock swinging sometimes breaks every 5000 shots. Most complaints about the Beretta stem from Berettas that are well past their service life. Is this correct? The Beretta 92 has a good trigger, but Langdon Tactical wants to give you a great trigger. The pistol coating provides a very durable and corrosion resistant layer. Barrel Length: 5 Bore condition: Excellent Year Manufactured: 1990. It is a fine heavy duty firearm, does a fantastic job of eating everything I feed it and will be passed down to my oldest son one day. Dismiss, Original Beretta (Italy) 92 series 1/228 threaded barrel with locking lug. Locking blocks and slides have been discussed ad naseum. If youre going to use this pistol as your CCW, find a nice, sturdy holster. Thats a lot of size and weight to lug around just for 15 rounds of 9mm. I TOO, WAS ISSUED THE M-15 AND THEN THE M-9 AS AN 811X2. When they go to press the trigger, they get the mushy emptiness of a disarmed pistol. I see the military addopting this fire arm in one way or another next. . Safariland is one of my favorite companies and is one of the most trusted in the industry. Be well and shoot straight. I am surprised that I have not read one complaint about the lousy S/A trigger. SAAMI specs for a 919 parabellum are 34,100 psi. The pistol finish is Bruniton matte black coating and is corrosion resistant. One few gun I know it is ammo picky put cheap ammo hollow points reload in it well shoot them all day long. I am all,s proud owner of an Italian-made 92F 9mm. Personalize your experience. I have had a 92FS since the 90s. Compare the dimensions and specs of Beretta M9A1 and Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield Plus. The US military will change soon. Pinecarpenter you glockaholic. Although, Id like to add that in the article, it was stated that the pistol comes with three 17 round magazines. SOME NATO marked ammo is hot but there arent any NATO nations issuing guns that cant handle it. If you are using a weapon or home defense, it needs a weapon-mounted light, and the Recover Tactical grips are a simple way to add a light to our handgun. This is true, in most states. When drawing the weapon the biggest challenge is deactivating the safety and getting a shot on target with any kind of quickness. Ive never burned myself with a Beretta, and I doubt many other people have either. Moving between targets or transitioning from a chest to a headshot can be done with no significant challenge. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>. Afterall, theres gotta be at least 1 or 2 people out there who are better than me HA! Product Description. towards your level. Even Christian Slater in Kuffs makes this list. We use cookies to give you the best possible user experience & to analyze traffic. Plus, you'll be the first to hear about our newest giveaways. Excellent. I grew up watching Die Hard and Lethal Weapon movies and always liked the style and action of the pistol. Beretta NANO Barrel 9mm. LOL!!! Low Prices on Beretta Pistol Barrels + Free Shipping on orders over $49! Holding to the same commitment to quality as all of our products, the threaded barrels are tough enough to hold up under the harshest conditions. This circular design makes it easy to engage without sticking out like a sore thumb. Look into the G conversion lever. The TLR 1 is available in numerous different lumen models, and for home defense, the 800-lumen model is more than enough. I recall when this occurred during the testing. Those familiar with SIG pistols know that the decocker and slide release are similarly shaped and are in close proximity of each other. Maybe one day. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! ProMag Beretta 92FS 32 Round Magazine 9mm Blued Fi Galco Underwraps Elite Belly Band Ambi Holster Small. It fits my hand well, but then again, I have big hands. Today, the company is still owned and operated with a Beretta at the helm. Regular readers know that the Rabbi [vehemently] suggests that all reloads be done by grasping the rear of the slide (from slide-lock), pulling back and releasing. Quickview . Perhaps an M9A3 Compact? I never considered the location to be problematic in any way. Theresbeen discussion here on TTAG about the durability of plastic guide rods (I mentioned it in my SIG P220 Elite Review.) Is is easier, faster, and more efficient. But the core pistol is dead-on reliable and proven on the battlefield in humid jungles, on snow-covered mountains, and scorching deserts. Would love to put some on my future/soon to be Beretta 92 (going with the Beretta because its so accurate and has great 90s style checkered grips like the German made P226s and P220s back then. Chrome lined and finished in matte black oxide. We would like to officially train Soldiers to always DE-COCK AND HOLSTER rather than SAFE AND HOLSTER. I agree. The magazine release is also reversible for lefties, which is another nice touch. $132.00. Sure, Firm Grip: The front and backstraps of the frame are checkered to ensure a firm grip in both wet or dry shooting conditions. The new value of a BERETTA M9A1 pistol has risen $32.22 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $681.03 . The Beretta 92 is currently enjoying a strong resurgence in interest even as its service as our military's sidearm enters its last lap. Leave it to the Italians to make a pistol sexy. I really liked the Fed Am Eagle 124 gr subsonic. Question about enhancing the Beretta- So I proceed to round up the sear, the sear pin and spring. Dont you all just love this state? Through my day of testing, I put just over 400 rounds through this pistol, mostly Winchester White Box 115-gr FMJ. These grips are quick and easy to install and is a non-permanent solution. The reality is they are not readily concealed. The exceptions to my disfavor are the HK USP series and, I believe, some SIG pistols that have spring loaded automatic decocker reset. The MP7 has none of those qualities. Those new fiber optic 1 big orange dot with a green/white center for the front sights with 2 green for the back sights style of sights are awesome. Capacity: 17+1 Still the 92A1 is a pistol I will keep, I love full steel guns. Something went wrong. Observe Gunslingers technique on Wilson Custom 92 promo! You must also use their springs with these. Id like to reply to Mr. Carpenter and anyone else out there that might be hazarding a guess as to what the next US Military sidearm will be. The 226 was adopted as the secondary-standard pistol, the M11. Mec-Gar Beretta 92FS/M9 Magazine 9mm Luger 10 Roun Beretta 96F/96G Surplus Magazine .40 S&W 11 Rounds New Condition Surplus Steel B Beretta 96F/96G Surplus Magazine .40 S&W 11 Rounds Beretta 92FS 15 Round Magazine 9mm Steel Blued. What is a BERETTA M9A1 Pistol Worth? However.the Glock 17 did not come out years earlier then the 92. I dont quite remember if I pulled or not, but I did shoot low and quite left. The black oxide-finished carbon steel barrel, 7075 hard anodized aluminum slide, and polymer frame offer lasting corrosion resistance and durability, while the tool-free takedown lever makes for easy field stripping and maintenance. I know I do, and have always loved the Beretta series. Therefore, I agree that it is indeed a training and experience issuejust like the safety on my beloved 1911. The first time I ever taught structured firearms instruction was for the Marine Corps, and when it came to handguns, Im glad it was the M9. Shoot one if you can. Being the first 9mm handgun adopted widely by the United States military and following in the famed footsteps of the M1911 isnt an easy task. The M9A1 on the other hand, comes with PVD-coated 15-round magazines. Gun Review: Beretta 92A1 9mm Pistol (Civilian M9A1), AZ Legislature Concealed Carry: One Rule for Them, Another Rule For Us, Gun Review: Smith & Wesson Model 317 Kit Gun .22LR Revolver, New From ShaloTek: P320 Compensated Slide, The 3 Most Important Handgun Shooting Stances to Learn, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0EdI_RluY. Fortunately theyre gone from many police departments and the military finally got rid of them. The -9 is usually kept to keep track of rounds fired in artillery pieces. I have run all kinds of ammo through it. The 9mm is the most accurate, but I shoot at 50 feet and the groupings are not that different among all three. Many have swallowed the kool-aid, probably started on a Sig forum. 2K rnds no failures. When fired from a rest at a 25-yard target, group sizes of 1.5-3 inches are possible with high-quality ammunition. Beretta also textures the magazine release with a circular-cut that engages your magazine release finger. The Beretta got a bad rap, as mentioned the 3 slide breaks started this off. The joke is that you might not hit the 10-ring but you can still pop the bad guy. Im a coating inspector and I can tell you right now that should never happen. But doesnt it just ooze Italian style? DAMN YOU!! I have had a 92fs for six years , put about 2300 rnds through it. Its smooth with little stacking. Features: 3-Dot Sight System: Like the 92FS, the M9A1 features a white '3-dot' sight pattern for quick acquisition of the target. OH, yes, the Glock. He is interested in helping folks protect themselves with firearms and shoot better at the range. My reasoning is this. The first advantage is the reduction in weight. Guns.com is dedicated to helping you choose the perfect fit for your concealed carry needs by providing a selection of guns that are ready for the task. in the late 80s, the SEALs dropped the M9 because of slide failures and went with the P226. Style * * * * The demand of new BERETTA 92FS INOX pistol's has not changed over the past 12 months. 3. I think its Taurus best selling firearm. I mean, it takes a hell of a trigger pull to send that first round down the barrel and out of the business end. Throughout the day, not a single FTL, FTF, or FTE occurred, limiting my ability to make a conclusive statement as to whether or not the open-top slide actually makes clearing jams easier. Its not hesitant about being big and beefy. Handgun Search; Tabletop Compare; Add/Remove Handguns ; Add/Remove Handguns . $149.00 (2) . Beretta M9A1 22 Long Rifle Pistol Specifications: Action: Double / Single Action Finish: Blue Grips: Black Plastic Weight: 26.08 oz. An excellent refview of a beautiful and important pistol. There is something about well-checkered wood grips that really sets a pistol apart. All M9 and 92FS pistols feature a 4.9 barrel with traditional land-and-groove rifling. Only those who shoot many shots as you Americans shoot well with everything. , http://www.nokick.com/Sprinco_Recoil_Mgmt_Guide_Rod_Beretta_92A1_p/sprinco-14055.htm. Ive gathered a few standard accessories available for the Beretta 92FS, and some you fine folks may enjoy. The 92A1 comes with 3-dot sights, which are my favorite on a combat pistol. You could argue that they became popular because they were one of the first wonder 9s.. Now, Back to ballastics. Youre mistaken as far as reliability, however, many other misinformed are as well. I would also note that, however, SAAMI specs are only relevant if were speaking about US commercial ammo. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared I welcome your comments and applaud those who do carry daily. I loved the heft and feel of the Beretta, it fit me nicely. Heh, I actually grew quite frustrated having to look at targets that consistently told me I had an issue with my shooting I knew didnt exist but then why were my groupings consistently low & left. . btwthis review helped my decision to buy this gun!! Military Surplus UTM, New 4 Pack Beretta Grip Screws for 92F 92FS M9 SB 96 Elite M9A1 80 Nickel Plated, Beretta 92FS 96 M9A Die Hard Bruce Willis Custom Grips with Medallions - NEW, BERETTA OEM FACTORY RUBBER PISTOL GUN GRIPS 92F 92FS M9 NEW ($49 RETAIL PRICE), Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rod for Beretta INOX 92 96 M9 FS Taurus Full Size, New Beretta 92 92fs M9 96 nickel slide release, Taurus PT99 AF Slide Assembly 9mm, PT 99 Slide with Extractor, Firing Pin, Etc, Beretta 92fs gun grips pistol cachas 24k gold Plated best handmade engraved work, Beretta 92FS 9mm, Pistol Parts, Recoil Spring, Scorpion alacran Beretta 92fs mexican style cachas grips custom black and gold, Beretta 92fs premium custom engraved Gun pistol grips cachas black & gold plated, Beretta 92/96 Metal Grips Beretta 92F, 92FS, M9, 96 Models MEDUSA Gold Black, Beretta 92fs 9mm premium el centenario mexican gungrips cachas handmade 24k gold, Beretta 92FS Grips - Blank Polished Aluminum (PERFECT FOR LASER ENGRAVING), Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rod for Beretta 92 92FS 96 96FS M9 INOX, Beretta 92 92FS 96 custom engraved wood grips gold silver Trident Scroll Black, The punisher beretta 92fs premium mexican grips 24k gold Plated custom engraved, BERETTA GHOST RUBBER PISTOL FINGER GROVE GRIPS 92F 92FS 92G&D CENTURIAN 96D GREY, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. Even when wearing gloves, I could still find and use Berettas magazine release. Action: DA/SA with safety/decocker I have an S&W Performance Center M&P 2.0 5" for that. Travis Pike is a Marine infantry veteran, firearms enthusiast, and NRA certified instructor. Its milled as part of the slide and cant be replaced cheaply. I love the Beretta but I sure wish they would put a Tennifer finish like Glock does. I hear people talk about PVD as being the actual coating, but this is a common mistake. The Beretta holds 15 rounds in the standard mag with magazines going up to 30 rounds. There have been some amazing advances within the past 20 years in firearm technology, as well as ammunition and accessories. He is a famed pro shooter and instructor and the gunsmith behind most of the high-end Beretta upgrades. Beretta 92FS 9mm Barrel, Black. Both are great,we have never had a misfire or jam or any problem at all. We have one of the largest stocking inventory selection of the best rimfire, handgun, and rifle ammunition. Or buy a 92G and be done with it. Description: Beretta 92FS 9mm Barrel, Black. Agree 100% my 92FS will go to my grandson..we go shooting all the time.. he loves rapid fire we have maybe put 1500 rnds through this one.. and all types of ammo.. not one failure I love the 92FS and how easy it is to maintain. Its about the same size as a pocket size .380 and I selected this for a very specific reason: I can carry it every day! Of course, that target has to be standing completely still. B.S. Now I am adding a Wilson rear combat sight, and I changed the trigger spring all the way down to a Wilson Combat 12 pound spring. It was considered good enough at the time of introduction, but the gun can fit more just by using a mag with a nesting spring. The storied gunmakers getting ready to celebrate its twenty-fifthAnniversary as the U.S. Armed Forces supplier of the M9 Combat Pistol. Beretta 92FS is a series of Beretta 92 semi-automatic pistol. After reading your review, I couldnt resist the urge to check one out. TORQUING. The disassembly latch makes for easy, toolless fieldstripping, breaking the 92FS down into 4 main components for easy maintenance. -I am actually beginning to think that the production line might of had a slight calibration issue somewhere in the production line (if i had to guess) which stayed like that for the duration of a few batches.. The Beretta 92 1st series had the safety on the frame same place as Taurus now uses it. My M9A3, Kahr, and PX4 eat them, also. Wilson Combat Beretta 92/96 G10 Grips ULTRA THIN w Limbsaver CrossTech Leather Gun Holster Ambidextrous IWB/OWB Most Full Size/Comp Limbsaver CrossTech Leather Gun Holster Ambidextro Safariland 7377 7TS ALS Concealment Belt Slide Holster Right Beretta 92F/92FS/92 Safariland 7377 7TS ALS Concealment Belt Slide Hol Beretta Factory Replacement Part Beretta 92/96 Solid Steel Recoil Spring/Guide R Beretta Factory Replacement Part Beretta 92/96 Sol Beretta 92/96 Lanyard Loop Aluminum Black. However, in the hands of the heroes in legendary films like John McClane in Die Hard and Riggs in Lethal Weapon, the gun became legendary. Beretta had established manufacturing capability to meet demand, Sig did not, so IMO the Army did not make a bad choice at the time. When they do, they typically and unknowingly sweep the de-cocker/safety to the ON position. So I find this article about the Beretta 92FS and true to Hickok45 what do I find? The 92A1 has the buffer assembly developed for increased durability in pistols chambered in .40S&W (Model 96A1), where the M9A1 does not (probably overkill for a 9mm anyway, but +P load shooters may benefit). And there is some side play as well between the slide and the frame. All of my SIGs, 1911s, and S&W revolvers sport wood grips. You Americans fired several shots, very few Italians us, our private police fired fifty shots a year, police state much less. Beretta 92FS 9mm Barrel, Black. Yes, its a big weapon, but that size and weight is an advantage. You are entirely misinformed (probably from Beretta forum cool-aid). Beretta 92FS/M9 Magazine 9mm Luger 17 Rounds Polymer Base Plate Steel Body PVD F. $58.03 Galco Underwraps Elite Belly Band Ambi Holster Medium $73.52 Beretta M9-22/M9A1-22 Magazine, .22 LR, 15 Rounds, Steel 5.0 $34.97 Beretta Model 92 Series 15 Round Magazine .22 LR Conversion Steel Blued $43.06 The 92A1 comes with stainless-steel 17-round magazines. Our site uses JavaScript for a smooth and modern shopping experience; we protect your data and never sell it to 3rd parties. Squeeze back and put more pressure on your left palm then your right grip. Have used The 92D and the 92fs for 30 years..works fine with a in the waist band rig for concealed carry. The numerous models can be confusing, and while the gun has its flaws, its still an excellent weapon. The purpose is twofold; the valley on the outside of the magazine acts as a trough for dirt to collect. It allows you to assume a nice, high grip without worrying about hammer or slide bite, and if youve ever experienced either, youll know how valuable this nub is. Pre-Owned. Keep your pistol in top operational condition with factory original Beretta parts. Handgun Search; Tabletop Compare; Overview . A Glock M19 just makes more sense. Beretta Grip Screws for Beretta 92F 92FS M9 SB 96 Elite M9A1 . it is virtually impossible to become good shooters with a 92. Gemtech is mostly known for making cans, but all of their products are high quality and well-made pieces of gear. Would recommend this product. Which is then followed by a ubiquitous click as the shooter presses the trigger and the hammer goes forward on a dry chamber. How do these two handguns stack up against eachother? Sign up with your email to be notified when this product is back in stock! tournaments with. Make Offer. . Ever since then most US commercial 9mm ammo has been loaded to only 75%-80% of the pressures required to give best reliability under adverse conditions with most recoil-operated designs (and as for open-bolt subguns, fuhgeddaboutit), with the +P and +P+ designations reserved for those that may actually approach the original 42,000 PSI pressure specs. While its not as customizable as a Glck or 1911, there is plenty you can do to make the Beretta yours. That was in my youth with good eye sight. Beretta clearly makes this fact known on their website, Sig is silent. Eats anything. Wilson combat has an excellent response to the safety/decocker issue. This model is the classic all Bruniton black 92FS, and it does lack the modern rail attachment so you cannot add a weapon light. The install is actually very simple, and you can do it with some helpful Youtube videos. What is it about the Beretta 92 series of pistols that make them so damn popular? First time reading your site (great name by the way). Thats pretty possible with the Beretta and some practice. Those combat support and combat service and support, tankers, MPs, command staff, etc., folks carrying pistols now-a-days will be carrying the MP7 or similar such weapon in the future. I will admit up front I prefer the 1911 however the Beretta may be my next purchase a range gun. Or is the MOI you refer to in your review something else? Safariland 7360 Level-III Retention Duty Beretta 92 Holster. I am a bigger guy 260lbs but it carries great for me. You can get flush 17rnd mags from Beretta, standard for the M9A3 or 92A1. However, the Beretta faced a lot of opposition there too. They offer an upgrade that allows it to spring back to fire mode after decocking. If you like the 92 series check out the px4 storm. Striker fired guns do have some advantages. BERETTA 92FS Type M9A1. Quick view Out of Stock. . No question: the Beretta 92A1 is a great pistol. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. If I had to describe it in three words, they would be; Sexy, Mythic, Reliable. In other words they did nothing and when I called them asking ing what the deal was they gave me the run around and called it normal wear. The Beretta M9 was the second pistol I was ever issued in the U.S. Air Force (the first being the Smith and Wesson Model 15 K-38 Combat Masterpiece), so it will always have a special place in my heart. It has a Ambidextrous Safety/Decock Lever see ***** Description: BTA M9A1 9MM DA PST 10RD M Brand: Beretta Model: M9A1 Type: Pistol: Semi-Auto Caliber: 9MM Finish: Bruniton (Matte Black) Action: Double Action Stock: Black Plastic Grips Sight: 3-Dot Barrel Length: 4.9 with Combat Muzzle Crown Overall Length: 8.5 Weight: 34.3 oz Capacity: 10+1 . I have a G17, G19, and G26. Now-a-days, most Soldiers draw that pistol to fire in a hurry and press the trigger back a few times before they realize Oh Shit! I need to take the safety off! seconds are lost and the stage ends or the bad guy gets away. The open slide design also gives more direct access to the chamber in the rare event there is a failure. Beretta 92Fs M9A1 9Mm 4.9" Barrel *Ca Legal*. Calling barettas bulky? And THICK. I mentioned the slide release lever problem to Beretta at Shot show last year, the rep I spoke to in the booth was from engineering. My two favorites today by far in a place where they carry about 90% of all guns on the market were the M9 Beretta and the CZ 75 full sized SP-01. Out to 50 yards, the Beretta can hit the chest of a man-sized target. The differences between the M9A1 (military version) and the 92A1 (civilian version) are minimal but worth mentioning. "ROB" HIT IT HEAD ON. Striker fire pistols are nice, but the Army is looking for leap ahead technology that a pistol just isnt going to provide. If you own a Tavor buy the flex ejection port cover.. makes a huge difference. I was issued +P+ ammo for use in Glock pistols. Its one of those guns that can be rapid fired and controlled without much difficulty.