I admire him. A friend of Kasso's said at his Kasso continued his assault on Lauwers, and Quinones later claimed that Troiano helped Kasso and held Lauwers during the attack. The jury of eight men and four women deliberated 10 1/2 hours over three days before reaching its verdict. Hed figured it out in his mind how to take the most without ODing. Mr. Keahon based his case largely on Mr. Troiano's confession, which the defense had tried to suppress. the "Wacky World of Murder," "In 1984, Ricky Kasso led his merry men on a forth in the form of fire." Quinones said that Kasso . Kasso killerlong live the new flesh TEEN DUSTHEAD 2: Ricky and this dude were in my car, and theyre like, Were trying to get this cult going. I was gonna go get beers, and I gave them my box, had my tape in it, Black Sabbath, We Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll. Id think about going to the cops and just sort of, No, man, because theyd try to frame me, man. Go out and have a party. About six months ago, he started going to the South Bronx with a friend of mine. sacrifice." I was in love with the guy, you know. Newsday cover photo by Dan Richard Kasso, 17, on July 6, 1984 at an arraignment in the murder of Northport, New York resident . Then they become necessary to get you through the day. Then they just become your total desire. Two days after his arrest, he hanged himself with a bedsheet in his jail cell on July 7, 1984. pilgrimage to the notorious house at Amityville where Ronald 'Butch' DeFeo had Kasso was arrested for grave robbing. The killing and all the talk about Satanism has given Northport a bad reputation in neighboring towns, they agreed. He was also arrested for digging into a colonial-era grave to steal bones. I think Ricky stopped living in eighth grade. Less than a month after his arrest for this crime, Ricky contracted pneumonia and was treated at Long Island Jewish Hospital. According to classmates, Kasso would go to cemeteries and hang out, smoke ten bags of angel dust and try to get in touch with the devil. - Family & House it is based on located near Amityville! Ray Buckland: Starts Therell be different dealers. They would just make jokes: Oh, Garys dead, no big deal. Notice Woods" by Lindsey Gruson (December 27, 1984), "Jury Selection Begins in Stabbing Death of Teenager in Northport" by Lindsey Gruson (March 27, 1985), "L.I. He went to sleep, and he woke up and thought he saw people in the room, people who had returned. Kasso killerlong live the new flesh The place was called, "Aztakea.". love you, mom." pump vs semi auto shotgun recoil. Going to the library to read up on some books. . After that, he comes up to a group of my friends who are sitting, talking, and I guess because now that he broke through his faggot, and hes into his little dirt-bag group that hes so proud of, he calls me a faggot! If this was last year, there would be like a gang of people in there.''. In a confession to the police, Mr. Troiano said he had held Mr. Lauwers during the stabbing. TEEN DUSTHEAD 1: Ricky took everything, just like Jim Morrison. TEEN DUSTHEAD 2: Gary was an easy target. L.I. South Oaks Hospital, to no avail. Kasso had been charged in April with digging up a grave the previous fall. It was like a mirror. This is a digitized version of an article from The Timess print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. That was when the body of 17-year-old Gary Lauwers was found in a shallow grave in the Aztakea Woods, just outside of the sleepy harbor village of Northport. My biggest problem in life is my friends dying. Maybe Jimmy was probably thinking that I wasnt gonna rat him out. Albert Quinones was born on 08/01/1967 and is 55 years old. So Ricky kicked the door of his fathers red Corvette, dented it. I said, Rick, Im getting the hell out here. Facebook gives people the power. Troiano, Albert Quinones. This story was originally published in the November 22, 1984 issue of Rolling Stone. After two months, they finally crashed my friends car. Kasso's mother, Yvonne, said she doesn't believe and he told the doctors that he was fine, that he was gonna go back to Neville-Graffiti in a teen hangout in the Village of Northport before and after They were all tripping. They were dehydrated, so they asked me where the nearest swimming pool was, cause they wanted to go pool hopping. into the dark woods, up in Aztakea, and he would talk to the devil. It was cute, though, the way he did it. calls me a faggot! At one point Mr. Naiburg asked Mr. Quinones whether seeing Mr. Kasso stab the victim had been ''real or a trip.''. At that point, Kasso heard a crow caw. ''It has taken the minds of the young men who worshiped it.''. albert quinones northport. DAN PETTY: Hed be into Hendrix, Joplin, the Woodstock stuff, then rap for a while. Jury Acquits Defendant in Killing of Youth in Woods" (April 26, 1985), This page was last edited on 16 January 2023, at 15:33. Rikki Kasso of Northport. coat of arms of netherlands. And I just started hacking away at a tree, started freaking on a tree. STONED PALLBEARER 1: When he robbed that house, he had $4000 in hard cash, cold cash, and he found two people, and he said, Hey, you guys wanna go buy some motorcycles? He bought those two kids cycles, and one for him, and he bought a box, an outrageous tape deck, it was $300, and went to this girls house with a gold chain for her. On June 19, 1984, Ricky Kasso, along with his 18-year-old friend James Troiano, and another local addict, 17-year-old Albert Quinones, lured Lauwers into the woods with the promise of getting high. He put on Prince. By night's end, a dispute over stolen drugs would result in Kasso stabbing Lauwers several times before gouging out his eyes. TEEN DUSTHEAD 2: You dont feel anything. Twenty-five hits of cid. The murder became sensational news in New York City and across the nation due to the alleged torture of Lauwers and supposed occult aspects of the murder. I had a crush on him in the fifth grade. It gave him a big scar on his face. 2020. First in the gut and then in the heart. Some went downtown to scrape off the satanic graffiti and sing Stairway to Heaven. Some went to praise Ricky Kasso or to bury Gary Lauwers. To the movies. committed Satanic Teen Murder. animal sacrifices to the Devil and according to Kasso they he did a "Human victim Gary Lauwers becomes Tweasel in Ricky 6 - Say You Love Satan. But today Mr. Quinones said Mr. Kasso had acted alone in catching Mr. Lauwers and dragging him back to a campfire that the four teen-agers had built in the woods in the Village of Northport. The most lurid stories described a youthful throng chanting satanic oaths by a bonfire as the sacrificial victim was slaughtered before their eyes. Suicide Club in After court, he left him off in front of the Midway store. What they did say was "Satan will come .On the night before he had to And these were just kids. Northport, Long Island COLLUM CLARK: There was a total spur of the moment thing where Gary and some other kids decided to gang up on this guy. He said fourteen. Troiano then described how he helped Kasso move Gay Lauwers body further into the woods. Jimmys girlfriend told me at the Firemans Fair, Really, I didnt believe him. Gary just had a severe dislike for him. the twentieth or twenty-first of June. Ricky just started stabbing him in the face when he found out he wasnt dead. They would laugh about it and shit. Half-burnt body found of his fangs. Albert Quinones Strategic Service Sales at Cisco Miami-Fort Lauderdale Area. Its like, now if he gets caught, Im going to get involved. He started complaining he was getting flashbacks. Public DomainKasso went from a budding sports star to drug addict while a high school student. GIRL, known as Baker, 16: When the dust came to town, Ricky and the guys used to go down to the graveyard, and theyd tape themselves tripping on acid and mesc and dust. And so we go up there, it smelled like shit. Son of a high-school football coach, brother of three beautiful younger sisters, he was the black sheep of a Norman Rockwell family. Hes always in my mind. '', See the article in its original context from. Two weeks later, the partially buried body of one of the youths, 17-year-old Gary Lauwers of Northport, was found after the police received an anonymous tip. It smelled like a swamp that was after a thousand years, something just decaying for a thousand years and theres maggots. Neither his parents nor his friends notified the police he had vanished. At one point, Gary stopped the proceedings and enthused: We contribute this to the society of the man who invented acid, fucking drugs. Troiano about sixteen. They declined to comment on the decision. had stolen drugs from him. sick: I've seen thirteen-year-old girls running around with RICKY LIVES on their T-shirts. Philip Quinn, a former abuser of hallucinogenic drugs and director of Topic House, a drug-rehabilitation center in Plainview, testified that abusers were often unable to recall their actions under the influence of hallucinogens. Ricky treated us to doughnuts at Dunkin Donuts. He knew it was just a dream, but it was a dream. It was just his way of coming to my house, saying, Hey, man, look at this shit.. In his pocket, at the time of that Kasso and the "Knights of the Black Circle" did many strange Listened to The parents of Ricky Kasso declined to be interviewed. Eventually, most everyone headed to a birthday party for Randy Guethler. During this time, most heavy metal groups dismissed the hysterical accusations, with Ozzy Osbourne of Black Sabbath once jokingly stating, When we came out of seeing The Exorcist we had to all stay in one room together, thats how black magic we were.. They were really happy and everything. I thought it was a nightmare. nice kid. ''I heard 'knife wounds' and I thought, it can't be. Then another friend got hit by a truck, riding his Ricky Kasso would not forget the incident. another friend shot himself. It was disappointing. It was one of the first nights school ended, so everybody was out. albert quinones northport. the chain hooks onto the seat - he took it into his mouth on top of the Thats a little different. They were found the next day, sleeping in a car, and were subsequently arrested. KINGS PARK GIRL, 16: Ricky hung out with the kid, and Gary stole from him. She told me someone with this eerie voice called her and said, You will never see your son again, because I just killed him. Neither of us believed it. Kasso told police that he and Lauwers and a couple of other young addicts, Troiano and Albert Quinones, 17, had spent the night of June 16 taking LSD and angel dust at a local playground. But once that happened, I wouldn't even come out of my house. I told them everything. Kasso claimed Satan manifested in the form of a black crow after killing Lauwers, and that the crow had cawed, something he interpreted as Satan's approval of the murder. It was like April. We put our cigarettes in it. Kasso had been charged in April with digging up a grave the previous fall. Kasso killerlong live the new flesh albert quinones northport 11 Jun. [originally by Wiseblood] Breskin, based on the 1984 murder of a Northport teenager. middle. close friend was killed at a New Year's Eve party two years ago. It was like in shock. Go bowling. Complete hallucinations. There was no moon and theres a lot of paths up there, and we had the tunes cranking Sabbath, Ozzy, Judas Priest. After Kasso's murder of Lauwers, several newspapers and television journalists incorrectly reported the Knights as being a "satanic cult. We got done with finals. satanic ritual in which they tried to call forth the devil. like, I saw Gary and he had this upside-down cross and this little book it was a little brown book about Satan and he was just saying all these stupid things. Richard "Ricky" Kasso (March 29, 1967 - July 7, 1984), also known as The Acid King, murdered 17-year-old acquaintance Gary Lauwers in Northport, Long Island, New York on June 16, 1984. In all there were three dozen We'd joke about him having to go to the dentist to have his The murder was a media sensation and reporters descended upon the Long Island town in droves. things. In 1984, Northport, New York, was considered an idyllic suburb. For Kasso, he said a black crow said to him at the human I was sitting there with my mouth wide-open, saying, Holy shit! He just comes in and stabs. Because hes honest. Kassos father, who also coached the local football team, once described his son as a model child and a young athlete. She said, Do you have a girlfriend? He said, No, Im not into relationships. He said he was gonna chase Garys soul and kill himself in jail. They. He fought to get people to like him. The psychiatrists found Kasso to be Mr. Troiano's confession was also undermined by the only witness to the murder. I was just tripping out, man. He was a sweet guy, and very funny. I came back, and they had left. We want your mother to be the leader of it. See, my mother has these powers. Ricky thought that because theyre gonna build houses up there that theyd stumble across the body in like a year or so. Tissue had darkened and blood had drained. MICHELLE DeVEAU: My biggest problem in life is my friends dying. He wouldnt think about the next day, what was gonna happen to him. are sitting, talking, and I guess because now that he broke through his Maybe his lip was bleeding. You can't let it keep you in the house.''. Amityville Mother Kills: Says demons drove her to put Melvin and Delvin This is a digitized version of an article from The Timess print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. And he was sorta worried that a person would go on a wood hunt and grab a stick, but it would be a hand or a bone. They knew Albert hung with Ricky and him, so they grabbed Albert first. was acquitted of second-degree murder" (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/4077/kasso.html, Only Richard Kasso, she said, had pretended one existed. PEACENIK GIRL: Ricky asked me if he could have a ride up to Saratoga to see the Dead. I couldnt move, man. In the year prior to the murder, Kasso had been arrested for digging into a colonial-era grave inside a local cemetery. You feel like you could rip your gut open and not even know it. A substitute for Ricky, a substitute for Jimmy. PREPSTER GIRL: Gary pulled a BB gun on two little kids up at the Where evil dwells book "Say You Love Satan", the band set out to punish. My parents have been watching me with a fine-toothed comb looking at my wrists, making sure I dont come in stoned. Prosecutors later said the teens were engaged in a When youre a kid, why dont you tell the police, you know? ALBERT QUINONES, 16: Gary already paid him his money back. ''It's stupid. again. flesh, full of dents from the blade of a knife. Another Suffolk County murder that was related to the Amityville horror house Ricky was a patient at a nut house once The story told here is the story as seen through the eyes, and told through the voices, of Rickys and Jimmys and Garys peers. Theres nothing better to do than take drugs. He talked to my girlfriend once on the phone. SOFTHEARTED GIRL: The first night I found out, I had a dream, a dream He called this girl a slut, and she freaked out and stabbed him. "satanic ritual" that night, involving LSD and Angel Dust. Do-de-do, do-de-do. I dont know that was a trip. Id be sitting down in my room, and hed just come through the back door. What else can you do? She raises tables. You cant live life that way. ''I think that it was just like they did so many drugs and one night it just caught up with all of them.''. weeks one of those remaining teens -- young Ricky Kasso -- would lead a series The prosecutor, William Keahon, leaving the courtroom amid a phalanx of county officers, declined to comment. Quinones gave witness account that Troiano helped Kasso during the murder, but later denied this during his testimony at Troiano's trial. I mean, I could see Rickys point, too, which is that he was friends with Gary, and he just turns around and steals ten bags of dust. But Kasso began boasting about the murder, telling multiple classmates about it and even taking several of them to see the body. . ''Whoever, whatever, and as you are, we welcome you,'' invites the sign in front of the church. And Albert Quinones made Ricky take off his ring, cause he didnt want him to really fuck Gary up. He always talked to me about it. They started out by drawing a He accidentally cut out the eyes while he stabbed him over and over . My mom and dad came in. Fifty? Thats when he discussed his future. . cheerleader was killed by young witch in a Hed talk about his drug deals openly: Mom, Im going down to get a few hits of mesc. Are you crazy? and shit like that. camden chronicle obituaries camden tn Navigation. Theres only so much you can do before things wear out. BOY AT WAKE: I was there when they threw the knife in the harbor. Now there's no one in there. The Knights of the Black Circle sacrificed Kasso was influenced by the music of Black Sabbath and Ozzy Anthony LaVey and he was Jewish. It came up every two minutes. They told the doctors of his grave ACID KING from satanic stoner, Ricky Kasso after reading about his story in the And I said, Can we hang out again? And he was like, Theres only one problem. And Im like, What? And he said, Im dead. I woke up with tears on my face. to view the corpse, a dissolving trophy. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. Mr. Quinn, who was paid $500 for his testimony, said that chronic abusers were unable to distinguish fantasy from reality and that they would agree to virtually anything suggested by an authority figure. Rick Kasso of Northport. RANDY KORWAN, Vietnam vet, 33: I honor Kasso. much, they finally believed him and they let him go." KINGS PARK RAPPING BOY: Hey, Ricky, youre so fine, why doncha stab me one more time! He ran and dealt and dusted with Ricky. James Troiano was acquitted today of charges that he helped murder Gary Lauwers in a drug-induced frenzy. being dramatized on a Chicago stage. They said Mr. Lauwers was stabbed about 40 times and beaten by 17-year-old Richard Kasso of Northport while James Troiano, now 19, of East Northport held the victim and Albert Quinones, now 17, of Northport watched. By the time he was in junior high, Kasso was getting in trouble for theft and drug use. ''I mean, I used to walk through there with no fears, and like through the woods and everything. After Gary made a fire with his socks, he didnt want to make it bigger. They just got carried away. They said, Garys dead. I ran into my grandmothers kitchen, grabbed the biggest knife I could find and booked out into the backyard. Forty stabs? A I wear the peace signs no ones gonna tell me about a murder. MICHELLE DeVEAU: I fixed his wounds up for him once. ebt declined reason 99; virtual seating golden state warriors Gary was scared of him, cause every time theyd get together, Ricky would chew him out or beat the shit out of him. I just started stabbing him in the back of the head. They brought me up to this room, and they started questioning me and shit, and they were beating the shit out of me. Try restaurant style recipes at home. Man, this fucking dude, thanks a lot, man, wherever you are. ''I don't think there was really, like, a satanic cult,'' said Valerie, 16, who was wearing high heels, black baggy chinos and a black jacket. There was no face to speak of. killing to police, to parents, to any authorities. He was scared shitless of Ricky. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them. It was just like Gary to take off without warning. Very severe, and they hurt. An anonymous female finally tipped off the police who then found Lauwerss decomposed body in the Aztakea woods on July 4, 1984. and Cults: Legends We Live by Bill Ellis, The Conspiracy Reader: From the Deaths of JFK and John Lennon to See, I dont trust them, man, I dont trust no one anymore. doctors of his grave digging, daily use of hallucinogens and other drugs, And he got all mad, and started chasing me, and getting his TERRIE ALTO: I knew he was afraid of Kasso. bands and musicians that sing it. He said he did not know how long the stabbing had lasted. SOFTHEARTED GIRL: Ricky wanted the suicide. I said to myself, No, youll get in trouble. dead." Go roller-skating. Doesnt say nothing. He called himself the acid king and began to dabble in devil worship. Looking for Gilbert Quinones online? Looking for Herbert Quinones online? Hed sleep on the floor of my room and use his leather jacket as a blanket. They remembered the victim, Mr. Lauwers, as someone who was easy to push around. Gary told me Ricky told him he was gonna kill him. If she was told this, instead of Mr. Lauwers's body lay undiscovered in the woods for more than two weeks, although at least a dozen teen- agers had heard about the murder, according to Suffolk County authorities. The routine was the same as it normally was. But Mr. Troiano's trial was of little interest to the teen-agers. I said, Fuck that, man. He said `Kids in the Dark,' a new play by [RICK CLEVELAND], inset, 2) and David somewhere there are no sickos and you don't get hurt by people. The press came howling and sniffing. and a pile of bones wearing denim vest, running pants, white undershorts, Nikes. Editors picks But he didnt really understand it. the "Knights of the Black Circle" by Kasso friend Mark Fisher: I always felt they had to prove something, cause everyone looked up to them. He was calm, and hes like, See, I told you. I said, I think youre crazy, man. Just put it down that it was the dust. In one of several minor discrepancies, Mr. Quinones testified that Mr. Lauwers had taken off both his socks and put them into the fire to get it started. Im like, Rick, what the hell did you kill, a fucking cat? And all of a sudden hes like, There it is. And theres like a pile of leaves, and Im like, Holy shit, man. I see all these maggots on him, a thick pile of them on top of the leaves. He got there, and she wouldnt go out with him again, and he was just freaking out, and he beat the shit out of the box, on the ground right there. Do-de-do, do-de-do. close friend was killed at a New Year's Eve party two years ago. He used to drive in, get dusted and drive back. Modern Wicca near Amityville, Movies and a TV show about Ricky Kasso. His voice on occasion was barely audible. He eventually left the body in the woods covered with leaves. A It says: Now you can strike back at the people that screwed you up. Finally a girl overheard other girls Satan saying that the murder was a good thing. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Bible, "In the following It's I tried killing myself. Kasso then reportedly stabbed Lauwers in the back and when Kasso insisted that Lauwers profess his love for Satan, the victim cried out I love you, mom.. PREPSTER GIRL: Jimmy, he was always kind of wild, always doing strange ''It's all kind of dying out now,'' Mr. Mancini said. . It was cute, though, the way he did it. Join Facebook to connect with Albert Quinones and others you may know. I sold my coin collection. Finally, a girl whod overheard some other girls talking about it made an anonymous call to the police. Its just something teenagers do. MARK FISHER: Ricky was of the devil. It was sick. Hed stay in clubhouses that he knew, or in the lumberyard up the road, or in doorways. Thats why people go to museums. was in 1984, led by Ricky Kasso in the nearby village of Northport. Troiano vividly recalled Ricky Kasso laughing as they left the woods. I said I hadnt seen him. Mutilation murder Meanwhile, this other guy whod smoked with him was in a complete psychosis making animal movements, karate movements. Kasso, reportedly accompanied by chants of Hang up, hang up from his cell mates, did so. BRIAN HIGGINS, 16: Gary had disappeared so often, you wouldnt think about it. He probably just stabbed his eyes in. S&M Gary! His mother says, These kids are going to need a hundred years of therapy.. Gary Lauwers was high-spirited and mercurial, funny in a dopey way. For me, its gonna be like this really classic Playboy cartoon from 1966 that had a group of people sitting around a pool. Walpurgisnacht, so Ricky knocked together an altar and they all shouted I woke up with tears on my face. And they tried to find out, and Albert wouldnt tell them anything, so thats why when Albert came home, his lip was all cut, he had bruised ribs and a big bump on his head. Two people, really, when you think about it. Ricky was sweet. The Amityville Acid King. It was so real. A nightmare hit suburban New York as high-schooler Ricky Kasso, a known vagabond and addict, committed the unthinkable. ''We all figured he was going to show up again so we didn't worry about it,'' she said. We put our cigarettes in it. I died right away. While there, they sought to have him involuntarily committed. They got thrown off the bus, cause they stopped at a place for the night, and in the morning, they went to the liquor store and bought, like, mega bottles of Jack and everything, and they went on the bus, and they started getting everyone on the bus really drunk. Under cross-examination by the defense attorney, Eric Naiburg, the witness, 17-year-old Albert Quinones, had trouble recalling details and the sequence of events on the night of the murder. Half-burnt body found NBA 'Investigating,' Team Suspends Ja Morant After Allegedly Flashing Gun on Social Media, Alex Murdaugh Juror Says Cellphone Video, 'Big Liar' Testimony Led to Guilty Verdict, She Used the Bathroom And Became a Target of the Culture War, Here's How LaRussell and Intuit are Helping Independent Artists Understand How to Achieve Their Financial Ambitions, Alex Murdaugh Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Wife and Son, Glastonbury Co-Organizer Promises Female Headliners in 2024 After All-Male Top Billing This Year, See the Beths Deliver Refreshing 'Expert in a Dying Field' Mini-Set on 'CBS Mornings', Netflixs Sex/Life Is Back to Satisfy Your Softcore Desires. ''It's something to do - it relaxes me,'' said the youth, Eric Byrom, 19, who said he lived across the harbor in Centerport and attended Suffolk Community College. ", The Theater Of Suburban Rage The murder was two weeks old before the police Initial police reports that Mr. Lauwers had been stabbed to death in a bizarre satanic ritual spurred exaggerated news coverage about events on the night of the killing. Fuck the world.. Kasso confronted him soon after the incident, prompting Lauwers to immediately return five of the ten bags of PCP. lain ten days before burial. what was bolivar's ultimate goal? I was going crazy, man. He did so, police said, in part because Lauwers MIKE McGRORY, veteran dirt-bag street kid, 21: Ricky always had that spaced-out look about him. The 100 Greatest TV Shows of All Time .. Ulf Kjell Gr But now people give me dirty looks everywhere I was, because Im known as a Satanist. View the profiles of people named Albert Quinones. Kasso was often thrown out of his home as a young teen and lived on the streets of suburban Northport, New York, usually sleeping in the local woods, or in the cars, garages, backyards and houses of friends. The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time They put around graffiti, RICKY LIVES, DEAD OR ALIVE. Eric Naiburg, Mr. Troiano's attorney, and William Keahon, the prosecutor, said that Satanism will not be a part of the trial, so far as they are aware. Why does anybody fight? Quinones is expected to appear as the key prosecution witness against Mr. Troiano, who has been charged with second-degree murder. And then I saw Gary come out from behind the white church; he walks up and his jacket was ripped; he had a cut on the side of his face blood dripping down. We want to hear it. ''They say, 'Northport? I was in love with the guy, you know. The eye sockets were whittled. MARK FISHER: My mom brings in the paper, and theyre on the front page. Yearbooks 1984 Yearbook Northport High School NORTHPORT, NY Reunions Jan 31, 2010 Albert was invited to the 3rd Annual Winter Bar-B-Q 6945 invitees Jan 31, 2010 But not Ricky, Jimmy, Gary or Albert. My whole body, all of a sudden, it just wouldnt move, it wouldnt function. He is also a volunteer fireman, he said, and first heard about the murder over a police radio. LaVey's real name was Mr. Quinones is expected to appear as the key prosecution witness against Mr. Troiano, who has been charged with second-degree murder. GLEN WOLF, veteran dirt-bag street kid, 21: Gary was helping me fix my car. . I heard noises as I was getting closer, but I couldnt tell which way to go, and so I finally gave up.