I REMEMBER A LOT MY CIRCA IS This factory presents immaculately and has recently undergone a full renovation. if you know of any, drop a comment down below. He was been in the Cementon.He have 2 son. Piston, Belt, Fuse, Coil, Electric motor and Empty box for spare parts can be found here together with other . The bar was probably a great place to hear some interesting stories. 1. 6 Balter Beers in the GABS Hottest 100 for 2022! Eva and Ella sponsored my fathers family from Poland after the war. I've been wondering what that place was for years . it was abandoned. Your IP: Currumbin has a number of heritage-listed sites, including: . Capricorn Sun, Moon And Rising, I believe there may still be activity there. I do plan to revisit and film better quality! LTD. of CURRUMBIN WATERS, QUEENSLAND. Ace Steel Fixing. Welcome to The Other Hudson Valley, Dem Senate Candidates Pull in Big Bucks as NYC Landlords Help Fund GOP Campaigns, Michelle Hinchey Wants You To Look Through The Green Lens, A Long-Shot Bid for A Democratic Catskills. Cementon Common School. View the latest real estate for rent in Currumbin and find your next rental property with realestate.com.au. Geography. Donated by Independence Historical Museum. One of my mates sowed me all the photos he took when he went there, it looks super cool. Abandoned Cement Factory. Badlands. 1 Any information on the quarries back there? Over 60 firefighters worked through the night to put out the blaze. Speechwriter Job United Nations, Jury chair Mike Trow described this years winners as exciting and challenging., They covered the profound and ongoing discussions around narrative truth and agency in art, he added, as well as wider environmental, political and societal viewpoints.. My grandfather also worked at the mushroom factory on the hill overlooking the house. How will smart boards age in ruined schools of the future? It was once the trash heap of local industry. Near one of the factories, built by the German firm Alsensche Portland Cement Fabriken, was a small hamlet known as Alsen, situated between the factory and the Hudson River. This mausoleum is the final resting place of one of St. Louis's richest and most tragic families. Have you ever wondered, however, when you're driving along and pass an abandoned home about its past? We enjoyed visiting them whenever we got back to Saugerties to visit my in-laws the Ostrowidzkis. San Beda Basketball Players 2020, Our newest Hazy bringing a world of flavour to your fridge. This Abandoned Ghost Town In Kansas Will Send Shivers Down Your Spine Alright, lovers of the paranormal; today's post is just for you! Winner will be selected at random on 04/01/2023. Eva and Ella use to tell us about the relatives that lived in Binghamton, NY and Washington, DC. Thanks for sharing! To contact Abandoned But Not Forgotten please e-mail us at [email protected] with any questions or submissions you may want to contribute to the site. The po boxes were still in the bldg. THE ABANDONED FACTORY IN BELGIUM. More than 415,000 images were entered across this years competitions, with over 180,000 of them eligible for the professional categories. "It's been a wonderful, happy family home" say the sellers. In Dakota County, tucked away in the fields of Rosemount, you can find a plethora of abandoned structures that were originally part of a WWII factory, once known as Gopher Ordnance Works. A rare Business & Freehold opportunity exists, new to the market. Abandoned Cement Factory Currumbin Waters. Very unusual architecture. Jure and Jose.I would like conecting with my family.Please e-mail me. The factory has been abandoned since it closed in 1910. Just happened to be searching for old alsen station photos and came across this site and pictures. Required fields are marked *. forms: { Always wanted to go back to see? Cincinnati Ghost Ship. 1. There was a weak point at the main gate where the poles stood straight up, so I shuffled the ladder up to it, then grabbed the second ladder and hauled it up the first ladder with me, swung it over, and descended down it onto the plants grounds. Currumbin Waters Warehouse, Factory & Industrial Property for Sale; Currumbin Waters Shop & Retail Property for Sale; If anyone recognizes the family, please let me know, I'm very interested in the backstory here. today it is known to locals as The Marlborough Ruins and is one of the better known ruins in the state (that has not been curated in any way). One of my cousins broke his leg going down that bank on a bicycle. Includes nearby suburbs. Lets not find out the hard way. This was all before my family purchased it in 1948. Within thirty days of the plant being back in operation the houses of Le Hunt were being filled, businesses were coming . Sometimes, people leave creepy-as-shit things in abandoned places. I knew him well. abandoned cement factory columbus ohio. An aerial view of a volcano, a shot from inside a damaged building in Ukraine and a portrait of a dog are among the images recognized in this year's prestigious Sony World Photography Awards. Discover 11 commercial properties for sale in Currumbin Waters, QLD 4223. The house is across from what was the Friendly Inn and is still standing. likely the Williams homestead, if it has a stone wall, and the Theres something about abandoned properties that sparks a flame of curiosity for the adventurous explorer in all of us. We found the easiest way down, but the path was a little rocky and dusty. New Map view Inspections. Hey guys, me and my mates are looking for abandoned and haunted areas around the Gold Coast. The school is now a ruin and the factory is abandoned. It had the capacity to put out about 1200 tons of cement per day. Glacial And Interglacial Periods Timeline, 3 . One man's unrequited love stands in a glass box forever. I was still concerned about some officer of the law finding me out, which was not unfounded, since there was an operational plant a half-mile from the one I had snuck into. 10 Changes And Inventions Missouri Contributed To The History Of The World, Most People Dont Know Theres An Old Mill Hiding Deep In Missouris Hills, The Haunted Battlefield In Missouri Both History Buffs And Ghost Hunters Will Love, 21 Rare Photos Taken In Missouri During The Great Depression, The Story Of Glennon Engleman, A Serial Killer Who Terrorized Missouri, Is Truly Frightening, Most People Have Long Forgotten About This Vacant Ghost Town In Rural Missouri, The Springfield Three Mystery In Missouri Still Baffles People Today, The Story Behind The Cotton Belt Freight Depot In Missouri Is Just As Colorful As The Now-Abandoned Building. HVR Presentation December 3, 2022 at Bronxville Library, Hudson Valley Ruins Presentation July 19, 2021, A Look Back at Nobodys Fool Part One. Find commercial real estate with realcommercial.com.au today. Related research topic ideas. Today the Copper Cliff plant is still in operation while the Flour Mill site has been abandoned for years. It was dangerous but it was still thrilling to investigate that creepy old factory. This cement factory was a gift from Germans in 1970s. Learn how your comment data is processed. In 2018 all that remained are the cement abutments along a loading ramp and the cement parking/loading/storage areas. In 1973 Ricardo Bofill found an abandoned cement factory near Barcelona, and, with his characteristic visionary outlook, decided to convert it into his architecture studio. All rights reserved. Would love to share information about the family tree. Jack Reese and his family lived next door. The winners will be announced alongside the youth and student competitions, in addition to categories open to amateur photographers, on April 13. I had a chance to visit the Alsen plant recently-not much has changed. Im still pulling brambles off my shoe laces. Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. The plant was purchased by LeHigh Cement in 1939 after being shuttered during the Great Depression, and the new owners knocked the company housing down. 231 m. Id like to visit the Alsen plant one day. Today, the unfinished park, still closed to the public, is an attractive spot for oddity searchers, sculpture fans, graffiti artists, and late-night teenagers. abandoned cement factory currumbin watershaddonfield impervious coveragehaddonfield impervious coverage The old factory meant so little, no one cared or tried to reroute them. The plant was purchased by LeHigh Cement in 1939 after being shuttered during the Great Depression, and the new owners knocked the company housing down. I wish you had stopped by my place just outside of Saugerties. Peters Cartridge Company. Follow us on Twitter to get the latest on the world's hidden wonders. { 22 votes, 18 comments. Steak Houses Tysons Corner Restaurants, Currumbin Waters, QLD. Abandoned Cement Plant - Cementon NY - Drone footage Empire Drone Works 663 subscribers Subscribe 54 Share 3.3K views 5 years ago Alsen's American Portland Cement Works, located in Cementon NY,. Update May 2017:A private security outfit has been hired to prevent trespassing. By spring 2017 the plant was gone and the property was in the stages of reclamation. I too, as a young child would visit Eva and Ella Dunn. I remember that one of the Dunn sisters was a school teacher. 2 Queensbury AvenueCurrumbin Waters QLD 4223. It might have been the one pictured (with the fracking sign). To create with. Pastry business located in currumbin wa From a distance, the unfinished Cementland's ambitions to be a castle-like amusement park are obvious. Bridget, Further north, another German firm, Holcim, "mothballed" their cement plant in June 2011. As for Lehigh,,, it was still running but in reduced production at the time, receiving slag and gypsum via ocean-going ship, and to a limited extent, items by rail. My mom still lives there. See. The farm would later be named Fielding Memorial Park, located in Lively. It was a concrete factory and is no longer. Sign up for our newsletter and enter to win the second edition of our book. When finally the war ended, there was a massive boom in civilian projects and the demand for the construction material of choice of the time era, concrete, skyrocketed. And big ass ants live there too, yeah, Ive seen that one too. Concrete Contractors Near Me; Currumbin Waters QLD. pretty scary. He noticed the buildings infinite potential and chose to turn it into a house. La Fbrica now contains a big studio as well as Ricardo Bofill's home, and is the perfect expression of the Spanish architect's idea of architectural regeneration. Mat Zucker The ruins of the cement plant stand alongside James Rd. Eventually it was abandoned in 1971. Crowds gather for dinner on Saturday nights at the Sportsman Club, and fine old homes still stand along the water. Find the top rated local Cement Concrete Contractors near you. This boutique pastry business located in Currumbin Waters, minutes to the beach, M1 Motorway and the world class attractions the. Abandoned places and decaying ruins certainly arent an oddity in Missouri. By-products of the plant still floated about: cement powder was heaped around the floors in tiny hills that stuck to my wet shoes, and there was so much lime around that stalactites had formed as the water dripped off the roof-edges, creating rococo deposits when the drops hit the ground. window.mc4wp = window.mc4wp || { Aug 17, 22. Shortlisted entries and finalists in the annual competitions 10 professional categories, which span portraiture, sport, landscape and the environment, were unveiled by the World Photography Organisation on Tuesday. Offer available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). on: function(evt, cb) { BALDWIN, Mich.Few things can escape the grasp of Google.. The first rural cemetery west of the Mississippi is home to the elaborate tombs of St. Louis' local beer barons. The plant was purchased by LeHigh Cement in 1939 after being shuttered during the Great Depression, and the new owners knocked the company housing down. So he got a bulldozer and combined it with his artistic ambition. Check out our Forums. In the early 1970s, an abandoned cement factory on the western fringe of Barcelona stood as a crumbling relic of Spains industrial past. Thanks. They lived in Hope Valley, RI. By creating an account you are able to follow friends and experts you trust and see the places they've recommended. Maybe some people dont like change and dont like new trends and fashions coming to town, but there are still lots of cool old buildings in Saugerties like this one where old timers can sit on the stoop and watch the world go by. When Ricardo Bofill stumbled upon a dilapidated cement factory in 1973, he immediately saw a world of possibilities. The non-recyclable residue of the plant is now a huge hill of rubble immediately north of the site, posing as green space under its astro-turf .. June 5, 2022 Posted by: Category: Uncategorized The Currumbin railway bridge, now a footbridge, on the Gold Coast in QLD. The FTC argued that since the steel company and Lehigh Cement and were competitors in the Midwest cement industry, the sale would lessen competition. (function() { when I go to one of these places, Ill make sure to upload it. Cool that you are getting to all of Michigans ruins, most of havent seen anything outside of that one city, thought you would appreciate this take on abandon, http://www.theonion.com/articles/remains-of-ancient-race-of-job-creators-found-in-r,26490/. My grandfather was Paul Dunn who married Ann ORourke. It was going strong into the early 1970s until the annual power consumption In 1980, the plant was sold to Lehigh Portland cement company. Primeweld Cut 60 Machine Torch, Thomas what happened to the cement plant in built in catskill,ny in 1941. i was in catskill in the late 1990s. . Gold Coast & Hinterland subreddit in Queensland, Australia. Cementland was his opportunity to create again, this time with acres to expand. Great day out! Currumbin Creek (): former Currumbin Creek Railway Bridge on the South Coast railway line28 Tomewin Street: Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Education. Breaking News Cementon NY name still exists I think there was a movement to change the name to Smiths Landing at some point. Thank you for sharing this information! I have a tight working schedule and was always stuck with my assignments due to my busy schedule but this site has been really helpful. Bruv I went to this place the other day and there was some construction workers in there, and a homeland security van chased us out. 67.227.155.73 When I was a youngster we also would visit relatives Eva and Ella Dunn; this was about forty to fifty years ago. This Abandoned Cement Factory In Missouri Is Hauntingly Beautiful. Great memories, thanks for sharing. I think Lafarge wanted to build a new plant but the townspeople shot it down.i have a few more stories to tell later. For many years the abandoned schoolhouse, the remains of many outbuildings, and an old farm house and barn were within a few hundred yards of one another. I have some interesting memories and am trying to find out more facts about the fire & who lived there before I did. He lived with a family in Catskill. save. })(); My grandfather worked here in 1916. Have not been. I walked the mile to the drop-off point, all the time worrying about the Department of Homeland Security, which my friend said kept an unblinking eye on the train tracks Id have to cross. We love good beer. Both ladders were still there when I returned. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaboomplay/ga http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm http://www.themorningnews.org/images/conte http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/a http://stlexplorer.files.wordpress.com/201 warehouse fire raged at the cement factory, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/25/arts/design/25ceme.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all, http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaboomplay/galleries/72157627693153601/, http://m.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/there-he-goes-again/Content?oid=2483060, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cementland, http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/family-plans-to-finish-what-cementland-creator-started/article_773b7b35-aca8-53ac-9c11-74857ef03bb8.html, https://www.google.com/amp/www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/cementland-s-future-isn-t-clear-after-death-of-creator/article_8f131ad6-fe2e-51c4-ad4b-6b3152f2ff5a.amp.html. By ruggedness I mean 12-24 inches of reinforced cement that by and large, remains immaculate after 20 years of abandonment and god knows how many years of service. Theoretically they could resume operations at a moments notice, but it seems this era of big industry in Cementon is at an end. The selected images were shot by photographers hailing from over 30 countries in locations ranging from an abandoned cement factory in China to a fish market in Somalia. The Ostrowidzkis lived with Eva and Ella for a short time. Great day out indeed. Thank you for sharing! The Royal Cement Company, A Cement Plant, Was Located On The Logandale, Because It. Immediately, repairs were underway and on September 12, 1915, were back in production. An abandoned and run down former cement factory, the decrepit lot on Riverview Drive had become a common site for local construction crews to dump truckloads of excess dirt and rock. Once they got employment and established themselves they moved to Saugerties. Locations with formerly booming industries often find themselves with the opportunity to celebrate their cultural and economic history with an amusement park exhibiting that glory. Anonymous said: Do you know how to get to the abandoned cement factory? Ha, but not nearly as many as Fred and I picked up in Columbia County on Thursday! The site's history as a factory are more obvious from some angles than others, Cementland uses the shells of the cement factory buildings to create a castle-like appearance, From above, the amount of work put into Cementland (and left to do), is striking, Antique equipment left over from Cementland's days as a cement factory make for unusual attractions, Artistic sculptures can be found all over Cementland, some crafted from metal or old equipment, others carved from the cement itself, Antique machinery used to create cement, among other things, is scattered throughout the park. } When Route 9W was clear of cars, I lurched up the embankment, shoved the ladders under the train, and was clear, the silos and warehouses of the cement plant visible in the distance. Abandoned Cement Factory . the tunnel at the cement factory in concrete, wa. Ive heard they are still patrolled by security. Explore Tallahassee, Florida: Abandoned Cement Factory Located between Blountstown Highway and Capital Circle SW, near W. Pensacola St., lies an abandoned cement factory just waiting for you to explore it. 10 A sheriffs sale was scheduled for November 6, 2006, but it was averted when Erekson Corporation agreed to acquire MM&G. COVID-19 Update Prez Primary Back On, Columbia & Greene Want More Tests Before Re-opening, COVID-19 Update 3% of HV Residents Have Antibodies, Active Cases in Columbia Continue to Rise, COVID-19 Update Remdesivir Shows Promise, CGCC Uncertain About Resuming In-Person Classes, COVID-19 Update Police Break Up Block Party of 200, Columbia & Greene Still Face Surge Potential, COVID-19 Update NYs Unemployment Insurance Nightmare, Counties Suggest Layoffs, COVID-19 Update Presidential Primaries Cancelled, Lower Hudson Valley Sees Improvements, COVID-19 Update 14 Percent of NY Has Been Infected, Safety Sought for Nursing Homes, COVID-19 Update Tracing Army Planned, Hudson Highlands Largely Shut, COVID-19 Update Westchesters Curve Flattens, CMH Furloughs 125 Workers, COVID-19 Update Nurses Sue Over Lack of Masks, Senator Wants Upstate Reopened, COVID-19 Update State Passing Peak, 24 Deaths at Nursing Home, COVID-19 Update 9 Million Lose Insurance, Columbias 1,000 Test Kits Delayed, COVID-19 Update Cuomo to Mandate Mask-Wearing, Dutchess Economy Suffering, COVID-19 Update NYC Adds 3,700 Uncounted Deaths, Rockland Wants State Parks Closed, COVID-19 Update 1% of NYers Infected, Cluster Emerges in Catskill, COVID-19 Update: First Social Distancing Arrests, Cuomo Making Employers Supply Masks, Thursday Night COVID-19 Update Virus Peak Moves into Lower Hudson Valley, Wednesday Night COVID-19 Update Deaths Outside Hospitals May Be Uncounted, More Tests For Columbia, Tuesday Night COVID-19 Update Kingston HS Gym To Be Field Hospital, A Crisis in NY Jails, Monday Night COVID-19 Update Ulster Has 1 ICU Bed Left, Columbia To Get More Tests, Sunday Night COVID-19 Update Westchester Deaths Jump, Town Leaders Wants Kiryas Joel Containment Zone, Wednesday Night COVID-19 Update 64 Dead in Westchester, Ulster Wants Field Hospitals, Tuesday Night COVID-19 Update Putnam Unaware of Deaths, Cuomos Brother Positive, Sunday Night COVID-19 Update Stay-At-Home Extended, Deaths Jump in Orange, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update Saturday Night, March 28, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update Friday Night, March 27, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Thursday Night, March 26, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Wednesday Night, March 25, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Tuesday Night, 3/24, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Monday Night, 3/23, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Sunday Night 3/22, Resource: Ulster County Restaurants With Pick-Up, Curbside or Delivery During Coronavirus, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Saturday Night, 3/21, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Friday Night, 3/20, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Thursday Night, 3/19, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Wednesday Night March 18, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Tuesday Night 3/17, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Monday Night 3/16, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Sunday Night, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update Saturday, 3/14, Hudson Valley COVID-19 Update: Friday Night 3/13, Hudson Valley Coronavirus Update: Thursday Night 3/12, BREAKING: Ulster County Reports First Coronavirus Case, Eight New Coronavirus Cases Tied to Hudson Valley Man Announced, Indivisible Group Endorses Metzger as Opponent Revs Up Campaign, Residents Told to Not Drink Water as Investigation Continues, This Week in the World Coronavirus, Plastic Bag Ban Loopholes & Oil Ads, Greene County had More Airbnb Guests Last Year Than Residents, This Week in The World Superstorm Sandy Tweets, Bangkok Pollution Protests & More, Two Thousand Acres of New Parkland Planned in Hudson Valley, Why The Other Hudson Valley is Completely Changing, Columbia County Supporting Lawsuit Against EPA Over Hudson Clean-up, Sam Pratt: Dem Elections Commissioner Out After Vote, Gasping Towards a Younger Bod A Day in TOHV, Kingstons Cement Graveyard Bought by Conservation Group for Public Park, Sam Pratt: Columbia County DA Opponent Ducks Debate, Long-Awaited Ashokan Reservoir Rail Trail Unveiled, Hudson Valley Lawmakers Get Highest and Lowest Environmental Marks, Two Counties Taking Legal Action Against EPA in Hudson Cleanup Fight, Attack Ads Take Aim at District Attorney Opponent, Hey there! I recently (Oct 2019) visited upstate New York and took a day to go to Saugerties and Cementon. A Bucket Full of Nothin' and a beer full of flavour! Features: - 136sqm net lettable area. At first we used to walk to school down the rt tracks before buses. Sort by. This thread is archived. The production of this factory has moved to another facility in Belgium. They could never get away with leaving that mess in the landscape in their home country. Exchange Hotel bar mens room. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. John Friedman, Michael Hoy The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Clifford Alexander Fielding was born August 25, 1915 at his parent(a)s farm in Waters Township. At on time it was the bar The ruin of the Great Northern Portland Cement Company and its surrounding town of Marlborough are located in Pleasant Plains Township. I remember The Alsen House! Much appreciated. I like to (peacefully and respectfully) explore abandoned places, and with all this covid stuff I could really get outside Further north, another German firm, Holcim, mothballed their cement plant in June 2011. Visited several times and was followed by footsteps and voices on multiple occasions. The hydrofracking process could seriously pollute the environment, ruining communities forever in return for a few quick bucks (money that will go into corporate pockets, not local pockets). We wrote to P O Box 82 in Cementon. 1938.. i am looking for my grandfather Mate Erceg. Love Missouri? the alsen house was on the left before the stop light before the railroad bridge on 9w .according to bill Blanchard who worked at the Lehigh alsen plant there was a bowling alley upstairs . Regardless, he died doing what he loved, but what he loved was far from finished. It was quite beautiful at one time and has a gorgeous view of the river. Its story really is one-of-a-kind. Three finalists, as well as five to seven shortlisted photographers, were chosen in each category. HERE IN SC. Equipment that was sold went to a Columbian cement company that refused to make payment. Answer: Heres a link to my post that gives directions to the cement Tallahassee Explorations. When in 1973 Ricardo Bofill came across an abandoned cement factory, he immediately saw a sea of possibilities. The barbed-wire barrier encircled the whole of the plants main structure, the fanged strings on short poles leaning outwards to snatch at people like yours truly. We also lived on Rt 9W north of Saugerties in Eavesport. The farm would later be named Fielding Memorial Park, located in Lively. I learnt on here that there's an old train tunnel at Molendinar you can walk through, I did visit it- and it is creepy even in daylight! The silos and loading equipment located on the river , and the long conveyor from the plant down to there had already been dismantled earlier that year. There also appears to be an abandoned house in between the Alsen/Lehigh plant and the Holcim works.I wonder what the story is there, it may have predated the cement factories. So much for being mothballed I hauled on 9W daily thru the area in 2016 and 2018, and also in/out of the Holcim and Lehigh plants .. Holcim was intact thru fall 2016 but then came the beginning stages of a dismantling and total demolish.. Since Consulting WPs founding in 1985, strategy has been our core business. Rudy Armbrecht Wikipedia, Learn about commercial property sold prices, tenancy and more at realcommercial.com.au. 2. (("Targeted Brownfield Assessment Former Lime Cement Plant", Oregon . Hey guys, me and my mates are looking for abandoned and haunted areas around the Gold Coast. 1 / 6. One of the homes was occupied by the mill manager, and the other by Uncle Walter was the Alpha cement plant foreman in Cementon, NY. Simply kick back and relax. An abandoned cement factory 'La Fbrica' in Spain, cleverly transformed by architect Ricardo Bofill into a spectacular and highly unusual home. I miss going to visit there. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. This is 'Cementificio Pesenti' in Alzano Lombardo, a few kilometers from Bergamo, Italy. Roseville Prison. Abandoned vessels are just one source of pollution addressed in Virginia's overarching Marine Debris Reduction Plan, first created in 2014 and updated in 2021. Probably 40 or more years ago we would visit our fathers 2 aunts Eva and Ella Dunn. Situated in a quiet cul de sac and with a reserve across the road, this area promises peace and total privacy. Following five images: Alsen's American Portland Cement Works. Take for example the old cement factory on South High Streetwhat was once a bustling workplace is now just a labyrinth of decrepit walls. Any photos or anything? Glad we could provide some info that was of interest to you! } Offer subject to change without notice. I looked up that site, and your page was the first viable link, haha. i wonder if anyone knows when that cement plant was built. Trophy Investment In Tightly Held Industrial Precinct | Leased to Welding Supplies Giant. Coast Guard Station NC - Abandoned. The family stayed there in Catskill. Follow us on social media to add even more wonder to your day. I think Tom actually took this shot with my camera. Do you think it should be re-opened to the public? Does Tiktok Belong In School Pdf, Currumbin Waters, Queensland 4223, AU Get directions Employees at Currumbin Creek Tavern Chelsea Cannon Fisherman at Austral Fisheries Pty Ltd See all employees Browse jobs Scrum Master jobs 4,174 open jobs . But she also told me that name no longer existed and it was now called Newberg, NY..Her family owned a cafe and the family lived above it in the 2nd story. 2. Tilikum Dead Body Disposal, An homage to everyone's favorite prehistoric cartoon family. At the time, I only saw bagged cement go out of there, on flatbed trailers .. LaFarge up in Ravena was at the time the local source of tanker-load dry bulk cement. The LeHigh Cement plant was first opened by the Alsen American Portland Cement Company in 1902, two years after the German company bought the land. I dont know enough of the matter to comment on the first two claims, but visually I was pleasantly surprised as I had been expecting the worst. I saw that school in Alsen on an old topo map a few years ago, and often thought of going out to look for it. Buy Rent Sold Share New homes Find agents Lifestyle News Commercial. Following five images: Alsens American Portland Cement Works. When I came across this story and saw those railroad tracks I couldnt help but wonder if those were the train tracks that my mother told me about how in the snow they would have to walk to school and cross a set of tracks to get there.