You'll see contacts, lightly sand these as well as the disc they ride on. And so far I come up with a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 44, 4.0 and descent vehicle; a 97? in Australia. This car had kind of a ruuf life, so it doesn't have. The body was painted (by Maaco, so there's overspray everywhere) and every panel had rust removed or repaired. If you ever want to identify a foreign equivalent to the Edsel, well sadly the Australian developed Ford Capri was it. Grey carpeting shows little to no wear too, impressive considering it has never been swapped out. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Replace battery, replace headlamp switch, replace valve cover gaskets, note oil pressure good but gauge not accurate, recommend replacing oil pressure switch. Grey floormats show minor wear and all four will come with the car. Modern Capri Parts specializes in parts and accessories for only the modern Mercury Capri and Ford Capri manuactured for model years 1991-1994.Thus if you need just one Capri part, or many parts and accessories for your Aussie roadster, please visit our web store.A premier supplier of new & used Capri parts and accessories for ONLY the australian built 1991 Mercury Capri, 1992 Mercury Capri . 1991 Mercury Capri is manufactured in Australia. Think of it as an econobox convertible. Adds to Convertible . Nice looking, but not even close to being a true sports car. However, it is a car that poses a few questions. Today all we get are cookie cutter snooze mobiles. The Miata always felt like a truck cockpit strap in and go, like you were wearing the car as a backpack. That forced them to lose focus on the Capri, meaning that early examples of these also suffered similar problems that damaged their reputation. Become a member to add images to your comments. Battery new also. Too steep for me right now. Based on a Japanese rally car..minus everything that made the 323 that Mazda rallied successful. Summer fun drive. I drove it for two years and enjoyed it. I always wondered how much shipping was on a low production Australian car. Owners Manual with Ownership Hist We can help simplify and expedite the selling process; if you choose to accept our purchase offer, we will have you paid same-day! There is also leather on the seats, along with air conditioning, power windows, and cruise. The passenger door and trunk lid are damaged but rust free. Because of this, we have sourced our glass from only the best manufacturers in the automotive glass industry. 1991 Mercury Capri 4 cyl, 1.6 L, Manual 5-spd Regular Gasoline: View Estimates How can I share my MPG? There is rust in the floor boards in places. Awesome 1990s colors. The steering rack and pump are new, along with many, many more parts, including but not limited to: Transmission, Driver's Side Door, Starter, Alternator, Exhaust from the manifold back including Catalytic Convertor, Rear Tires, Vinyl Convertible Top, Windshield, Front Bumper, Left Headlight Bucket and Lifting Assembly, Rear Trailing Arms, Radiator, Rear Brake Lines, All Brake Shoes and Rotors, All Wheel Bearings and Struts, Inner and Outer Tie Rods, Clock Spring, Air Bag Sensors, all belts and hoses, many small interior parts, the removable Trunk Floor and many, many more. So much for the new car idea in two years. 3 listings Compare Mercury Capri to Related Models. The quality issues with these cars are known and have long been addressed by now. And quality control? Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Cardone Reman Distributor P/N:31-1633 at the best online prices at eBay! May 1999: Replace battery. New top a few years ago. Eckler's Automotive strives to bring you theBEST QUALITYparts at theBEST PRICE! A used one is $35-$45 bucks. Ford Australia failed to do this, and the Miata was well established in the US and Australian markets by the time the Capri was launched. (see pictures). 1991 Mercury Capri 1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo, 1991 Mercury Capri 1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo **MAKE REASONABLE OFFER!! Sales & Service Teams now available 7 days a week! I remember a road test on the Capri when it was new, Car and Driver I think. Still look new. Edit options. Save your vehicles, create project lists, and track your orders. viewed by Mazda to be a potential competitor to its fledgling Miata, Ford There is one in the city I live in just outside CLT. The car runs and drives good, but it is not perfect. Simple, dull dash plastics likely left most Mercury buyers unimpressed, but as a cheap autocrosser, most drivers would appreciate the limited electronics and cloth buckets. It was a car that was designed and built by Ford Australia specifically for the American market. There are no engine photos supplied by the seller, but being an XR2, we know that it is fitted with a turbocharged 1,597cc 4-cylinder engine that sends its power to the front wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission. :) I would. Design by Ghia, drivetrain by Mazda, manufactured by Ford in Australia, and sold in the US badged as a Mercury. these cars to anyone who wants an inexpensive yet fast convertable, that is definitely not a common car you see everyday. Continue with Recommended Cookies, 1962 Chevrolet Corvette3 days$33,750Bid Now, 1978 Chevrolet Corvette4 days$2,100Bid Now, 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III5 days$3,000Bid Now, 1961 Volkswagen Samba Deluxe 23-Window8 days$5,000Bid Now. I don't have time to waste. It runs strong and smooth and uses no oil. Many new parts over the years. Take pleasure in the quick shifting from the transmission paired with this precision tuned engine. This Nice price. This little Mercury is finished in Everglade Green, and it generally presents reasonably well. Features of the Series - 1991 to 1993 Mercury Capri. Clean, runs great, tons of new parts. The Exterior: so if you know where i can find a cheap driver side window regulator, let me know. I sold it while it still had some value. In February 1994 I received a letter from Ford stating the Capri production had ended. Its a damn shame that it wasnt on the US market for very long before being discontinued. The height comes to 50.20 in. Very straight car. Arizona Car I did the dash because the car had . Skip the car rental counter. We just took this out of storage and are ready to sell. By the way, never pull the top to the windshield with the latch handle as it WILL break. The owner also doesnt supply any interior photos, and this as close as we get to a peek inside the Mercury. (Ford APAO) was given the corporate objective from its U.S. headquarters That said, I still kinda like them. There are a lot of new parts on this car. Used. Theres a car near identical to this Mercury Capri XR2 parked around the corner from me, sitting on three flat tires. 1960-62 Ford Galaxie, 1961-62 Mercury Monterey Convertible Windshield Glass, Green Tint W/ Shade Band. If theyd commenced development earlier, and been more meticulous with that development to ensure high quality, this car stood every chance of success. No warping, damage, cracks, adhesive marks, sun fade, etc. The selected item is out of stock, please select a different item or combination, Available Colors: Green Tint with Shade Band, Available Colors: Clear, Original Green Tint and Custom Grey, 1960-1962 Convertible Galaxie Models 76B, Galaxie 500 76A, 28433 Highway 65 NE, Isanti Minnesota, US, 55040, 1960 Ford Galaxie Convertible Windshield W583, 1960-1962 Ford and Mercury Convertible Side Glass Set 6062FMCONVSS. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Shipping or pickup will be solely the responsibility or the purchaser, and is not included in the sale price. argued that the Capri was not a true competitor to Mazda's Miata, as the Headlight issue is common and easily fixed; I just don't have the time to do it. Platinum metallic paint is original throughout and presents extremely well. Service records that will come with the car, in addition to a number of oil change and fluid top-up receipts, include the following: September 1993 (15,813 miles): Replace soft top, replace windshield seal. Needs different rims though. Keep me in the conversation via email. The hoses had a tendency to then leak until they fell off, draining the car of its coolant. This car has been garage kept, responsibly driven, and dealer-serviced from new and it shows. Clarity and distortion free vision are of paramount importance to any car on the road. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. It is neither inferred nor implied that any item sold by CARiD.com is a product authorized by or in any way connected with any vehicle manufacturers displayed on this page. 1991 Mercury capri XR2 Convertible 2D. The Probe-esque wheels are not a good look. The price of the 1991 Mercury Capri amounts to only $16,620 USD. Still, for 2 grand for a little vert in decent condition, perhaps you might be on top. I have owned this car for seven years. I paid $5000 for the car and have put well over $6000 into the repairs. It was the same color as this one and whenever I see one of these I picture her. We just took this out of storage and are ready to sell. Accucom Corporation227 Lewis WharfBoston, MA 02110. I passed. 30 plus miles per gallon! Ford Mustang 2016. Barchetta. Air Bags. We love oddball cars like this. The Lotus faithful do, and cringe. The interior is fair, intact, but fragile. as much power as it used to, but it gets goin' when you aren't payin attention. Car Runs and drives very well. CA$129/day. Grey cloth buckets with subtle red stitching is a great look. I dont think I could own one because thats what I associate the car with. This 1991 Capri here on craigslist has just over 64,000 original miles and is equipped with the desirable turbocharged engine and 5-speed manual combo. Power steering Exterior Features Rear spoiler Instrumentation A/C. 1991 Mercury Capri uses 23 miles/gallon of gasoline in the city. Thanks toBarn Findsreader Rocco B. for the find. I had a friend who owned a Transport. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Its as if it wasnt meant to be on the US market to begin with. Remember the FWD Lotus Elan? There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Clutch still works but is at the end of the adjustment. Family of 6, so this is not a necessary item for me. Although Ford didnt go it alone on this gen Capri. 1991 mercury capri xr2 turbo is a fast great car to drive, they are reliable to a very high mileage like import cars and still have plenty of power, we have owned both the standard and turbo models and have never had a problem out of them , the turbo model is much faster and burns more gas but is alot more fun to drive, not that the standard is no fun , because it is, I would reccomend. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_12',148,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');Ford Australias decision to proceed with the development and production of the Mercury Capri was a flawed one that financially hurt the company. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. Fits Convertible Body Codes 76A & 76B Only, 1960-62 Ford Galaxie, 1961-62 Mercury Monterey Convertible Windshield Glass, Green Tint W/ Shade Band. Log in to add vehicles or quickly search your stored vehicles. Telephone Orders, Parts Inquiries & Customer Service : 1.610.350.9360. Steve, I agree with you about the courage that Ford Australia had in developing this car. Can use a set of new tires and paint. Back then we had to have the oldest car on the lot as a demo. ( The Laser is marketed under a different name in the U.S. ) I also had one of those for a demonstrator and can tell you the 4 wheel drive Laser went like crazy. Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap As someone who grew up in Australia, I do have a certain soft spot for the Capri. Sign up for our free daily email and youll never miss another find: Former First Responder: 1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ, Two Owner 83k Mile: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am. Options $0. Thanks to Barn Finds reader Rocco B. for the find. Like Buick/Opel, and well, the Lincoln/Mercury/ 70-75 European Capri. It was a car that was designed and built by Ford Australia specifically for the American market. Odd to steer with only one wheel. I may consider parting out these cars if the price is right. Clarity and distortion free vision are of paramount importance to any car on the road. The 1993 is the parts car. When my grandfather passed away a few years ago, i inherited this cut little car. Call us at 877-815-5799 to place your order so that we can verify and then match the current retail price. There is a strong and active Facebook group that is eager to help with parts and advice. I have to say a big thank you to Barn Finder Mitchell G for spotting the Capri for us. Delivering a breathtaking amount of torque, this vehicle needs a serious driver! The Capri was a sure-footed little car, but buyers saw the MX5 as a car that embraced a classic sports cars true essence. Fits Convertible Body Codes 76A & 76B Only. This top is in good condition, most are shrunken along the sides. 1991 Mercury Capri has had 2 recalls in the past 32 years. Located between Lansing and Grand Rapids. Original MSRP $15,522. 4CLY. How can I share my MPG? To give you an example of the problems besetting the company at the time, in my comment further up the page I mention the development of the EA Falcon, which was being undertaken at the same time as the Capri.