I used this bit to make many drawer boxes for a very large desk. We definitely do not recommend using the Lock Miter Bit with any drill. Odds are good that the centerline lies somewhere along the edge. (Tallahassee FL US). Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. Eagle America 45 Degree Lock Miter Router Bits produces extra strong miter joints in boxes, beams, columns, and cabinet face frame corners. . For remote locations it will take a little longer as our shipping partners need to travel just a bit further. My method is a lot easier on the eyes and nearly fail-safe. The bit bodies have a non-stick coating for easy resin removal. I rate the product a 3, only because of the set-up process. I was skeptical about it working on a long surface, but man was I surprised. Answer by: Chris - Customer Service (Admin) on Jan 9, 2023, 3:32 PM, A July 7 question and answer leaves me with another question. Additionally, lock miter cuts will provide extra gluing surface resulting in an extremely . I would like to get the Sr. 45deg. When positioned properly, one miter bit will cut both pieces of stock without having toadjust the bit. To save others grief, I found the best instructions in the following YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPBLvPuBNE&t=966s Unconditional guarantee. Answer by: Chris - Customer Service on Oct 8, 2021, 2:17 PM. Novice woodworker here. (190) | Q&A ( 50) Item # GRP40073 Skip to the end of the images gallery Is the Lock Miter Router Bit available with the 1/4 inch (6.35mm) shank? Odds are good that your joint will be a little off. Single-piece, SOLID STEEL Bodies, not just a mere sand casting. Additionally, it will provide extra gluing surface resulting in an extremely strong and durable joint. ). The Diablo 3/4 in. You don't need to read the manual over and over again or memorize certain steps to get parts of it working. A shipping surcharge applies in addition to our regular shipping and handling fee. 1065 Industrial BlvdSouthampton, PA 18966. Lock miter router bits 8/955.503-504 These are the ultimate bits to craft sturdy miter joints thanks to anti-kickback design and tough tungsten carbide cutting edges. If you dont mind milling stock to match the bits cutting capacity or dont foresee the need to use the bit on stock thicker than 34" hardwood plywood, you might consider starting out with a smaller-sized bit. Simply set the center of the stock to the center of the bit. The smallest miter lock bit is 1-3/8" diameter and will work best with 1/2" stock. Also, if you are milling your own wood to thickness, I recommend that you leave a sixteenth or so on the thickness before routing the lock miter. After following the instructions to the letter, I can't fault the bit, which provides clean miter joints. Note: To make setting the cutter height easy and fool-proof (Applicable for Item 22627), use the Rockler Router Bit Set-up Jig (53817, sold separately) to center the bit on your stock. Free Standard Shipping on Orders Over $40. Backordered items will be shipped with no additional shipping charge (in the contiguous USA). The Lock Miter Master Jigs require virtually no test cuts. Backordered items will be released and shipped automatically as soon as they are available. The interlocking 45 cuts will produce extremely strong joints . Choose an option to add an item to your cart. Most instructions suggest the squint, test, reset, retest approach. 2003-2023 Precisionbits.com | Lakewood, New Jersey, USA. Use the reversible 45 lock miter glue joint router bit to join boards at 90. The interlocking 45 cuts will produce extremely strong . With these jigs you can quickly and easily set the proper bit height and fence position for precise-fitting lock miter joints. { Items shipped directly from the manufacturer cannot be returned in store. If you have problems you may want to consider a lapped miter router bit set which is better suited to plywood. Then, cut one piece horizontally and the second one vertically. Lock miter bits are frequently used when making boxes, drawers, and other casework. Don't forget to order Kwik Blocks for easy setup. No necesita pagar el flete, solo tiene que pagar el precio del producto. All EAGLE and K-PREMIUM items are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the product. Agree, 45 Degree Lock Miter Router Bits | Eagle America, Lock Miter Router Bits | MLCS Woodworking, Returns of non-defective merchandise as determined by our staff are subject to a 10% restocking fee (minimum restocking fee $2.00). I am arguing with myself about the feasibility. Our Lock Miter router bits (and our set-up blocks) create strong, accurate miter joints for a wide variety of applications! Each, We proudly stand behind all of our products. The Lock Miter Sr. router bit (55-503) cuts perfect 45 joints in stock from 5/8" to 1-3/ . Needed the setup block, customer service, which was great, they even emailed articles, and many, many test pieces later got perfect lock miter joints and solid legs. With practice and less valuable stock it could be useful, however I am going to use less hazardous joinery on my kitchen cabinet project where paint can hide exposed stock end grain. The Kick-Back Reducing delivers a precise cut ideal for creating interlocking joints. Smaller bits (2" in diameter) can miter edges from 38"-thick up to ". Article_-_Fine_Woodworking_Magazine_Lock_Miter_Master_Jigs, Article_-_Woodsmith_Magazine_JessEm_Stock_Guides, https://www.infinitytools.com/routing/router-bits/carbide/joinery-router-bits/lapped-miter-joint-router-bits-3149, Triton 3-1/4 HP Dual Mode Precision Plunge Router; TRA001. (For the first time or two, you may want to prepare twice that amount.) Now, adjust the fence so that the bottom edge of the bits cutting edge grazes your bridge. FAQ | Quick Order | Track | Router Bits & Woodworking Products. Easy set-up. If they fit together seamlessly and both faces are flush youre set. (Philadelphia PA US). {{price.Quantity}}+ {{price.FormattedPrice}}. Power tools are limited to manufacturers' warranty. Chamfering the edge beforehand saves wear and tear on both the router and bit and produces a cleaner cut.). I was very happy with the outcome. Choose an option to add an item to your cart. Setting the bit requires some trial and error. Attach a rail to the backer, and use the jig to guide the piece past the bit and control tear-out. Same question for lap miter. } If I am making a 6 sided box, with the vertical sides lock mitered, can the top and bottom be lock mitered? Lock Miter 45 Degree Joint Router Bits + 2Pcs Tongue and Groove Set [1/4-Inch Shank], APLUS 45 Lock Mitre Glue Joint Router Bit + Router Bit Set 3 Teeth T Shape, Wood Milling Cutter Woodworking Tool. Minute adjustments may be necessary. The front, sides and back interlock and make a joint of unprecedented strength. This saw narrowly missed making our top three because of its shorter reach, which prevents it from cutting lumber of the same size. By Peter A Butzin But it takes as much set up as my Leigh DR4-Pro dovetail jig. Carbide honed with a 600 grit diamond wheel to a razor sharp mirror finish edge. Question by: Bret Rupe on Jan 9, 2022, 11:27 PM. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. (Note: The knife-like mitered edge visible in the foremost board indicates that the fence is correctly set.). Smaller bits (2" in diameter) can miter edges from 38"-thick up to ". Rockler 45 Lock Miter Router Bits - 1/2'' Shank Rating: (189) Starting At: $8999 Add to Cart Router Bit Set-Up Jigs for 92112 and 92123 Drawer Lock Bits Rating: (14) $799 Add to Cart Router Bit Set-Up Jigs-Rail-and-Stile Bits Rating: (88) Starting At: $999 Add to Cart Rockler Drawer Lock Router Bit - 1" Dia x 1/2" H x 1/2" Shank Rating: (130) Use for octagonal shapes on corner cabinet, entertainment centers, etc. Perfect-fitting lock miters almost always require a little dialing-in. Yes, the Lock Miter Master Jigs work beautifully with Freud lock miter bits. You certainly can cut lock miters by adjusting the fence and making multiple passes. This assures bit is centered on the workpiece. Buy both Lock Miter router bits as a set (00-550) and save! Set-Up Block sold separately below. For better safety, the 45 lock miter bits should be used only in a router table equipped with a fence and not used free hand. The smaller bits should also be dialed back, but can be used on 112 hp routers. By continuing to browse, you accept our Privacy Policy. Get notified via email when this item is back in stock online. I had to run several passes on scrap stock before the alignment was "just right". Material - Body: Tungsten Cobalt Alloy Shank Diameter: 1/2 inch (12.7mm) Short description: Use the Yonico 15334 - 45 degree lock miter router bit set to join boards at 90 degrees. Ryobi 10 Compound Mitre Saw. Follow Woodcraft on Facebook (opens in a new window), Follow Woodcraft on Twitter (opens in a new window), Follow Woodcraft on Youtube (opens in a new window), Follow Woodcraft on Pinterest (opens in a new window), Follow Woodcraft on Instagram (opens in a new window), Follow Woodcraft on TikTok (opens in a new window). Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. You may also return purchases to a Rockler store near you for store credit. They slid right together and were perfectly square. Two flute carbide cutters & 1/2" shank. Then, dial back if needed to find the sweet spot. Initial test cut in 3 multiple passes gave a perfect fit on each test. Whether you are a Tradesman, Enthusiast or DIYer mastering the Lock Miter will ensure you'll be creating stunning pieces of furniture, drawers and casework for years to come. Answer by: Customer Service on Jul 30, 2019, 8:49 AM. This way, you are not producing a sharp edge to ride on the out feed fence. The bits are not designed to work like that. Instructions: Slowly dial up the RPMs on your router to the recommended maximum. By Paul J Schneider Larger bits can handle thicker materials, but in order to do so, they require powerful routers (214-3 hp) that can be slowed down to 10,000-16,000 rpm. MNA 45 Degree Lock Miter Router Bit 3-Piece Set, for 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" Cutting Height, 1/4 Inch Shank. For best results a router table with fence is recommended. Unlike setup blocks, the Lock Miter Master Jigs allow you to set the fence position and router bit height for the specific piece of wood you're working with. Mill to final thickness after the miter has been routed. Router Bits . We take safety seriously and only supply the best. Thank you. Cutting Angle: 45 degrees Our router bits are proven to be of the highest quality and these Lock Miter router bits are guaranteed to give you a perfect factory fit and a flawless finish. I have just finished using the one that I had purchased and have had terrific results. I like the look of a straight 45 degree joint. Like all of our Infinity Tools brand router bits, these cutters are made from premium raw materials and are manufactured to exacting standards of quality. Oneworkpiece is run vertically and the other horizontally against the fence. The stock needs to ride tightly against the fence, but overdoing it can damage the delicate corner created by the bit. 2 flute, carbide tipped. Can the lock miter sr cut miters in 5/8-11/16 ok? The rail makes the board easier to balance as its fed past the bit. Easily Set Up a Lock Miter Bit - YouTube 0:00 / 6:25 Easily Set Up a Lock Miter Bit Walnut Workshop 21.1K subscribers Subscribe 72K views 2 years ago Using this method you can set up. Measure the distance between the two lines, divide the amount in half, and then draw a centerline on the fence and the bit. The backer prevents tear-out. Lock Miter Router Bits; Item # . Rock solid joinery, square, tight fit. The video is most helpful. In preparation for the actual set-up of the router (fence and bit height), we need to set the GrooveCenter for this particular Lock Miter Bit. The setup block was nice but not 100% necessary. Lock miters can help you make legs and other posts; they can also be used with plywood to assemble cases with seamless corners. FOR WOODWORKERS : Become a master in creating drawers, boxes or even hollow columns with the help of this 45-Degree Lock Miter Router Bit! Choose an option to view item availability. Large (up to 312" in diameter) bits can tackle stock thickness from 58" to 114" and cost about $120. Chad McClung, chief editor, Woodcraft Magazine. Now that its properly set, a lock miter bit can make quick work of edges or ends. Question by: Matt on May 12, 2020, 11:58 AM. When MLCS had a sale recently, I decided to try again after reviewing the fairly detailed instructions provided on line. I ran two of the pieces through on edge in three passes, both sides. The 2 bit system joins material at 45 by cutting a 221/2 miter. I use this bit with a router table to make edge joints for small boxes and frames. 4.6 (65) $1099 - $2098. We wont share your address with anybody else. Had early problem with glue-up. Don't skimp on quality when buying cutting tools. Youll receive a one-time email when this item is back in stock online. Using the photos as reference, make the jigs like those shown below. Tungsten carbide maintains its hardness at high temperatures and holds an edge far longer than high-carbon or high-speed steels. {{price.Quantity}}+ {{price.FormattedPrice}}. Test cut in 12" long dry oak was absolutely perfect. ), Before making a test cut, create a pair of rails a couple of inches longer than the test pieces, and attach them flush to the edges of your stock with double-faced tape. Machining a joint presents additional challenges. Next, set up hold-downs (guide rollers or featherboards) on the infeed and outfeed fences. The upper rail guides the piece through the cut; the lower rail keeps the workpiece from tipping or shifting. There are alternative set-ups but the block is easiest. Back to Woodworking Basics: Smart Bit Storage, Rockler Router Bit Storage Inserts, 10-Pack, Router Bit Set-Up Jigs for 22627 45 Lock Miter Bits, Rockler Bench Cookie Plus Work Grippers, 4-Pack, Rockler Drawer Lock Router Bit - 1" Dia x 1/2" H x 1/2" Shank, High-quality brands and products you can trust, Expert advice and free post-purchase support, Exclusive, innovative products that help you Create with Confidence, Detailed instructions, technical specs and guides to make the most of your purchases. Nuestros productos estn en stock. $129.99. Change to Lee Valley Canada website to see content specific to that region and the best shipping options. Material - Blades: C3 Micro-Grain Tungsten Carbide - Quick and Easy to assemble cut workpiece on the job site or in the workshop. P.S. You won't appreciate the strength of this essentially hidden joint until you make your own. Pick Your Bit. Still as sharp enough to go afew more rounds! 45 Degree 3 Bit Lock Miter Router Bit Set - 1/2" Shank - Yonico 15334. STOCK * (For Lock Miter Joints) See pages 26-27 for instructions on how to use these bits. I attached a pair of rails to my backer. I have used this product and found it to be very useful, and would recommend it to anyone wanting a secure joint in their woodworking. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. (To do this, I ran a marking gauge along the top and bottom faces of the board and adjusted the bar until the cutter made a single line.) For shipments outside of Canada or areas not served by regular ground shipping, our Customer Service Department will confirm the shipping charge. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. 3. Use Infinity premium-quality Lock Miter router bits to cut super-strong miter joints on kitchen cabinetry, drawers, four-sided planters, boxes, shadowboxes, and much more. This article is from Issue 60 of Woodcraft Magazine. One piece is run vertically, the other horizontally. You may need them to redraw a fresh line on your bit. Can it be used with a hand drill? This site uses cookies to collect data. Just as they did during setup, rails make the routing process simpler and safer. Virtually anywhere you could use a miter, you could use a lock miter bit to create a beautiful joint that is strong and very easy to assemble. Additionally, it will provide extra gluing surface resulting in an extremely strong and durable joint. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. CAUTION: These bits are to be used with a router table and fence only! Note: Lock miter bits only work properly on solid wood. We noticed you are accessing from Canada. Sandwiching the board between a set of rails keeps it from tipping. In my project, with the box frame still in three sides, I glued in some ribs to make up for any loss of strength I caused by not gluing the tongues and grooves. Broca cortadora de ingletes con cierre de 45 grados, herramienta cortadora de espigas para carpintera con vstago de 1/2 1/4 de pulgada Estimados clientes: Somos de China. Chamfering the edges makes life easier for the router and the bit. TimberLock - For Strong Miters Step-by-Step Set Up Instructions: PDF Download Create extremely strong, attractive miter joints that lock in place and won't open up. (If your router permits, raise the bit so that you can set the bottom edge of the cutter against a block, as shown above.) 3/4" to 1-3/16" is correct, the catalog will be corrected for the typo. 5. For international returns, please click here. Our patented Lock Miter Master Jigs are a precisely-machined setup aid for use with lock miter router bits in your router table. These bits save time in mitering and a none slip glue-up. (Note: Other instructions don't mess with the fence until after the bit height is set and tested. Tracking numbers are provided for all orders, we also keep track of your order progress and update you if there are any changes or delays. For routing solid hardwood or softwood on table mounted routers or CNC machines only.