This recipe (along with all my recipes calling for non-dairy milk) use unsweetened almond milk. Remove pot from heat and stir in vanilla extract. I dont know about anyone else but my mom would definitely disown me if I made her a typical protein treat and told her that it was a brownie. This was so delicious! This was a great recipe. Now it clearly did not come out the way it was described in the original recipe but this failure was a masterpiece! Stir in the sugar and cocoa and beat until smooth. Microwave for 1 minute and let cool before serving. It tastes like banana bread, but its packed with proteins and nutrients. It uses ground almonds for the flour and is protein-packed and so full of flavor. . Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you reach a desired consistency. Please read mydisclosurefor more info. If you swap it, the texture will be different. Healthy, Gluten-Free Food for Busy People with an Active Lifestyle, You can have this healthy, delicious and fudgy 3 ingredient chocolate protein mug cake ready within the next 2 minutes. Thanks, Hi Jennifer! Can I prepare the batter 12 hours in advance? I included the instructions . Make sure your mug is large enough to avoid overflow as it cooks. Sold. ~Mackenzie. Honey works too but I preferred the flavor with maple syrup. Posted on Published: May 15, 2021- Last updated: August 22, 2022. This banana bread mug cake is so simple yet ridiculously moist and delicious. If I come up with a whey protein mug cake, I promise Ill share it! If not what can I put instead? Yum! Here is all you need to make this microwave banana mug cake. Thanks gemma. I only link to products I love and recommend! Have you made this banana protein mug cake recipe? The secret for the ultimate microwave banana cake is replacing milk with yogurt because it will give your dessert aridiculouslymoisttexture. I also got inspired by another Gemmas mug chocolate cake recipe, so I added some extra peanut butter on the bottom of the mug (under the batter). If youd like to use vegan protein powder, add in some almond milk to make the batter a little more pudding like. Im so glad you enjoyed this 3-ingredient mug cake! So you can switch out one of them in this banana mug cake recipe for any other and itll work fine. Cant wait for you to try. Top with coconut butter, maple frosting or dairy free yogurt + maple syrup. Glad you liked the recipe! Theyre protein powders with a little something extra, like chia seeds and probiotics, and theyre gluten free and vegan. Allow to cool after cook 3 minutes (best to let cool 5-10 minutes). You may have seen one of my 500+ videos on YouTube & TikTok or as a guest judge on Nailed It! After one try you will be hooked! It looks like perfect food on the go! Then, place in the mug cake and stir with almond milk. Im Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, a cookbook author, and the creator of Bigger Bolder Baking. Almond milk or any non-dairy milk you have at home like oat milk, soy milk, or coconut milk. Get almost 100 more Mug Recipes on Gemmas Mug Meals Collection page! It was so good and he enjoyed it for breakfast. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy. Due to this having a whole banana in it, I would not say its keto-friendly. Aged 22, I am the recipe developer behind this blog. Three ingredient protein mug cake - microwave recipe! Hey Laura! For this option, you will need to add 1/2 tsp of baking powder to the selected ingredients. Add the nut butter and egg and mix thoroughly. According to Google, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree weights 40 grams. ~Mackenzie, IT EXPLODED probably my bad cause i used a frozen banana and put it in for 90sec but STILL I guess my comment is not to be a dumbass like me. So go wild here!! Oat Flour 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder 1 tbsp. If youve ever made any of my Microwave Mug Meal recipes then you know I mean business! The world can always use more chocolate. Stir well, until you get a smooth dough - depending on the size of the banana, your recipe may need more nut butter if too thick or more oat flour if too sticky. 27 Diabetes Desserts You Must Try | Milk & Honey Nutrition, How to Make Proffee (Protein Coffee) - Cheerful Choices, This recipe is already low in added sugar but if you want it completely added, 2 tablespoons (about 15 grams) vanilla or chocolate protein powder of your choice, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, plus more for topping. We love it when yall make one of our recipes and share on social media! Especially when youve spent all day at work, then worked hard at the gym, and dont have the energy to make anything big but still have a serious sweet tooth calling you. If youre a bit nervous about egg shells, then beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then combine all the ingredients, and pour into your mug. Banana The first ingredient you'll need to make this delicious chocolate banana mug cake is a banana. Then top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! If you follow the Keto diet, sub the maple syrup with Lakanto maple flavored syrup. This is also 1 purple, 1 yellow, and 1 red on the 21 Day Fix. Then enjoy. However, depending on your protein powder, this chocolate protein mug cake can be a paleo, gluten-free, flour-free, dairy-free treat!! Pour the cake batter into a large oven-safe mug or baking dish. This Banana Protein Mug Cake contains 14 grams of protein per serving, and its ready in less than 3 minutes for a quick post-workout snack. Top with sprinkles and enjoy! First of all, I like the wild mushroom sauce. Making this mug brownie takes one minute to prepare and just one minute to make! Everyone (Husband & 2 picky boys) loved it. Add banana to mug and mash until mostly broken down. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until no large clumps are left. It's okay if the batter looks a little lumpy. This banana bread mug cake is so simple yet ridiculously moist and delicious. This mug cake caters to other dietary preferences as well. Required fields are marked *, Hi Im Suchot and Im obsessed with mug cakes! I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. But I cant make any promises if you go your own course, because it really depends on the flavor of your protein powder. When you add banana, peanut butter and cocoa, its like something I might put in my morning smoothie but with just a few tweaks these ingredients are combine dinto a comforting baked good that requires no baking at all. Tips on making this microwave banana bread This banana bread mug cake couldn't be any easier. If you have a very powerful microwave, above 1000 watts, Id say 1 minute baking time is usually enough. If your banana hasnt ripen yet, you can also make this recipe with half yellow banana. The top was cooked and when you got into it, the middle was gooey oh my gosh. Sorry youre having this experience. Dairy Free Whipped Cream (Coconut Milk, Oat Milk, Almond Milk based), Almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter. Instructions. That sounds SO good. For this recipe, it contains 28 grams of carbohydrates per mug cake. An egg Cocoa powder Maple syrup What are the full macros for this recipe please? Because whey protein has a higher concentration of protein in it (as in, there are very little carbs in it), it dries out when baked, or microwaved. 1/2 tsp baking powder; 3 tbsp (45 grams) mashed banana . Top with peanut butter and more strawberries or strawberry jam. Vanilla, chocolate, coconut, blueberry, snickerdoodle, and cinnamon roll mug cakes are just a few popular flavors. Get started here, learn more about their journey, or send them a message. Mix all of the selected ingredients in a large mug. Depending on the type of protein powder you pick, you might need to reduce the amount of liquid in this protein pancake recipe. All you need to make this decadent, moist, gooey and protein-packed treat is a fork, a bowl, and a microwave! 3. You can also make this recipe ahead of time by mixing up all ingredients in your mug and then microwaving later on when you want it. It also doesn't contain any flour, butter, oil or refined sugar. Start by mashing in a bowl the ripe banana, then combine with oat flour and nut butter (optionally add cinnamon, vanilla, pinch of salt and chocolate chips). With that said, here's everything you'll need to make this chocolate mug cake recipe: 3 tbsp. Thats so smart. This deliciousness, if you want to wait on it, can also be cooked in the oven. Absolutely! (I saw something on pinterest once for 35 calorie cookies. Yes, you can make this simple mug cake even more delicious by adding some extra ingredients. Its good to have perspective Ill make it with the proper intentions. We also have a Shakeology mug cake you might like! Oreo Mug Cake The Best Viral TikTok Recipe with 5 Yummy Variations, Mug Brownie to Satisfy All Your Chocolate Cravings in 2 Minutes, The Best Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie to Satisfy your Cookie Cravings NOW, Happiness is Homemade #379 - Life as a LEO Wife. These cookies do not store any personal information. As someone who normally doesn't even like cake (sorry, I'm a pie person), I actually love making this. so glad you love this as much as I do! And yes, weve all been there! Combine both with brewed coffee, and bake. Tag and follow @mattsfitchef on Instagram! Author: myprotein.com Published Date: 01/26/2022 Review: 4.11 (370 vote) Summary: Mix all the dry ingredients in a mug with a fork until no lumps remain. Three ingredient protein mug cake - microwave recipe! Made the dry mix before I traveled and was very helpful. Thanks for sharing! Microwave for 45 seconds-1 minute. To make sunflower seed flour simply add roasted sunflower seeds to a high speed blender and blend on high about 30 seconds 1 minute until it resembles fine sand. Looking for more hands-on help creating recipes to fit your dietary preferences? I create simple recipes with customizable ingredients of your choice. I also help busy people gain kitchen confidence through my hands-on program. Want more protein? To bake it in the oven, prepare the directions as the microwave, but pour the batter in an oven-safe ramekin. Lets be honest, having a cake thats ready in 3 minutes is already pretty good. BUT, pimping this recipe a little bit by adding 1 or 2 simple ingredients will bring it from wow to AH-Mah-Zing! Oh man, I need a mountain dew now. Plus, it can easily be made paleo, gluten-free, and nut-free! Now without further ado, here is the best 3 ingredient protein powder mug cake. The best toppings for this protein mug cake are: We love adding chocolate chips to this mug cake because chocolate and bananas are such a classic, delicious combo of flavors. Satisfied my craving for something extra, and was easy to whip together!! This is based on my protein powder and the values gathered from CarbManager app. Before I met Kim & Kalee about 6 years ago, I had hit a plateau and felt very frustrated. But hey, if they are on the healthier side AND only take 1 minutecount me in! This healthy one minute protein brownie is the ultimate brownie when it comes to microwaved or protein-packed cakes. Mix together using a whisk and set aside. Chocolate cake for breakfast? But when you add the fact that these are made withprotein powder, it makes it about 100xs better. The Nashville mother-daughter duo focus on simple healthy recipes & at home workouts! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Pricing. This post may contain affiliate links. Im a two time cookbook author, photographer, and writer, and passionate about creating easy and healthier recipes. Next time if you have chocolate chips, be sure to throw those in as they make it extra delish happy cooking! We all know that feeling. For dessert, these guys are tiny but mighty and are seriously delicious, super simple and crazy fast. This is challenging. And when I say different, I mean DIFFERENT. Another thing that can vary by brand is the flavor. Another option would be collagen protein because its a little sweeter and smoother than vegan proteins. You will want to be sure to make this in a mug, as the almond flour cake will rise and expand over the top of a ramekin and make a mess in your microwave. If you follow a sugar-free, low sugar, diabetic diet, or keto diet, I have some subs for you see below! Taste-wise, it will be as the normal version! A standard 12-oz mug works the best. chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips. Then, you can serve this banana protein mug cake plain or with some extra toppings that bring out all its banana bread flavors. Required fields are marked *. This sounds awesome! Let me know what you think Lyn. Its a good thing this is healthy, because a brownie that takes only a minute is a very dangerous thing here. Heres a really easy way to keep your nutrition game strong when those snack attacks happen. cacao powder and use chocolate protein powder. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Meanwhile, mash the large banana using a fork or hand blender. This healthy banana mug cake recipe isthe cake you have alwayswanted. It is so easy to whip up and you can have a warm, gooey chocolate cake ready in about five minutes. Mix all of the ingredients (but keep 1 tbsp chopped walnuts for topping) in a mixing bowl or directly in the mug and whisk. All Rights Reserved. Just made this and Im now obsessed!!! As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to learn more about my coaching + cooking program. I would start out strong, but I just didnt stay on track. I often like being the guinea pig on the recipes, but other times such as the gag 3 keto ingredient pancake recipe I regret ever taking on the challenge. Do you think you could sub canned pumpkin puree for the banana? For this Banana Protein Mug Cake, I tried Bobs Red Mill Nutritional Boosters. Naturally sweetened with only a banana , not to mention it's loaded with complete protein from the egg and fiber from the cocoa powder , this healthy mug . This post may contain affiliate links. Did I just walk across the street to Whole Foods to make these at work after lunch yep. Set aside. 50 Snacks and Breakfasts under 250 Calories, 25 Protein Breakfasts and Snacks without Protein Powder. originally published June 16, 2017 last updated February 3, 2019 . For this recipe, the macros can vary based on what protein powder you use but in general it contains: 260 calories / 14 g fat / 28 g carbs / 15 g protein . Ask yourself these 2 Q. Click here to learn more about my coaching + cooking program. If you prefer to bake, make sure to use a mug or ramequin that is oven-safe. 3 ingredient healthy banana mug cake in the microwave is ready in just 2 minutes! :). While this mug cake is a little higher in calories, you can cut the icing or pecans to trim the total fat and calorie count. The girls introduced me to a whole new world of workouts! Transfer the batter to a greased mug and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Grease an oven-proof ramekin with oil, add the cake batter and bake for 12-18 minutes until cooked through. Tomato Asparagus Small Quiches Meal Prep(Gluten-Free, Vegetarian). Or shall I say, microwaving? It doesnt have to have chocolate. I really need to though! The toppings like the frosting on the cake! That email doesn't look right. Baking powder Combining Ingredients In a microwave-safe tall mug of at least 250 ml (1 cup) volume, stir all the dry ingredients together until well combined, and no lumps of protein powder show. You can easily eat this vegan protein mug cake as is and it will be a treat for sure! This 3 ingredient chocolate protein mug cake allows you to have your cake and eat it too! And 2.5 tablespoons of granulated monk fruit/erythritol for sweetness. Add the nut butter to the batter and mix well. Thanks so much for trying out this protein mug cake & sharing your thoughts! This will help the batter get thicker. But, feel free to try some other add-ons with less sugar or calories like: Homemade oat flour provides the best texture in this recipe. Absolutely if you are using an unflavored protein powder, I would add a splash of maple syrup or vanilla for sweetness! Im always wary of the recipes that state, tastes EXACTLY like a , but contains NONE of the ingredients youd actually use. Microwave on high for about 1 minute to 2 minutes. You may want to add 1/2 tsp of baking powder and make sure your mug is oven-safe though. Combine the dry ingredients to the wet until a cake batter forms. It will make your banana cake even more delicious!