California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Its a shame the Auras cabin didnt get a little more attention so the interior could be worthy of the rest of the car. The dealer diagnosed that the timing chain and tensioner belt needed to be replaced. Some GM Outlook owners have reported getting. It always the front end. Having owned a 1999 Saturn SL2 for 8 years and having good luck with it, i decided to try again. It's a beautiful looking, well-optioned car with good performance and handling. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its. FOR PRICING & SPECS ON THIS CAR VISIT: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/Saturn_Aura.aspxSaturn Aura. Standard safety features for all 2007 Saturn Auras include four-wheel antilock disc brakes, traction control, the OnStar emergency communications system, front seat side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags. it is the third timing chain on the car. Whether youll like the Aura or not depends on whats most important to you in a car. The six-speed automatic includes a. We dont recognize that sign in. Unfortunately, the driver isnt given much feedback in return for the added effort. Brake problems, including uneven wear and warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, are common complaints from 2007 owners. Were not saying such cars dont exist, but theyre more the stuff of legends than they are the standard. account information here. Our We still dont recognize that sign in. That has allowed me to do a lot . Change out BCM, Wondering how to rest it. Yes, we have a 2003 Saturn Vue with a manuel transmission. Take good care of your Outlook if you want it to take good care of you. Turns out it was the output shaft bearing to the Transmission, which meant a whole new transmission. I was having trouble with my engine light coming on and reduced engine power and traction control off and throwing codes. View all A technical service bulletin was issued for certain effected vehicles of the same year with the same engine but excludes the satun/Aura xr: I started the car (in the rain) suddenly the tc light came on and also the warning words engine power reduction. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Did GM use metal for its rotors that cant stand the heat? I have a code reader and was always able to clear them. There were codes set 1682, 0452, 0641, and 0107. I want to try it out on my car, but I cant seem to find the plug. Is it time to move on? It's not us. Before the traction control was addressed I had to replace the engine as the timing chain and cam actuators failed at 210 K. we somehow forgot about the tc problem and three days into driving with a new engine the car disabled again stating service traction control. http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/index.php. After rebuilding the head and replacing the timing chain set, balance shaft chain set, and timing chain tensioner it has run flawlessly. Get the niggly things taken care of by the dealer under warranty as soon as they pop up. While driving approximately 55 mph, the engine warning light illuminated. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. Powered by consumers. The vehicle may not be able to be restarted and the vehicle could roll away after the driver has exited the vehicle, resulting in a possible crash without prior warning. Currently pursuing lemon law for a buyback or compensation. Bulletin 14116 covers model year 2004-2006 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx, 2005-2006 Pontiac G6 and 2008-2009 Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura built from March 1, 2008, through June 27, 2008. google_ad_slot = "4972140983"; out what other owners paid for the Used 2007 Saturn Aura. Influence-free. Sadly, the production of the Saturn Outlook ended all too quickly. The step from XE to XR . Only successfully completed repairs are currently included in the analysis. Saturn takes a leap upmarket with the handsome and athletic Aura midsize sedan. All rights reserved. Support NPR & the programs you love. So I drove it to my local dealer, they reset the codes and updated the ECM. Our Aura XR is our fourth Saturn, and shares garage space with an XK-E, TR3, and a '29 Ford hotrod. (Page 1 of 4) 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Seal. The six-speed automatic includes a clutchless-manual mode that lets the driver change gears using paddles on the steering wheel when the console gear selector is in the M position. I took it to the dealer this weekend and was told that the timing chain has stretched and that the camshaft actuator is not staying into position. Stability control is standard on the XR and Green Line but not available on the XE. A four-speed automatic comes standard on the Green Line. The approximate failure mileage was 136,000. There were no injuries. The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. I tried to restart the car and all I got was a mild clicking sound I noticed a burning smell from under the hood, so I thought the ECM burnt up. Click here to learn how to use this hand-free feature. From what I can conjure up, it's the 2.2s with a slight advantage over the 3.5s. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a We still dont recognize that sign in. With the 3.6-liter V6, acceleration is strong and smooth at any speed -- with six gears to choose from, the power is always on tap. Its a setup thats likely to appeal both to buyers looking for a sporty feel in their sedan as well as those who just need a means of transportation. I bought the car I had to put in a radiator water pump and thermostat. Learn more about Car Brands Reliability The Aura is front-wheel drive and features a MacPherson strut front suspension and a four-link independent rear suspension design. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL, EXTERIOR LIGHTING, VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL. ! We had an 04 with the 2.2 5 spd. Saturn AURA Reliability by Model Generation | TrueDelta Overall Reliability Saturn AURA Reliability by Model Generation Show details See stats for powertrain and chassis repairs Year and Model % of Average Repair Frequency Return to top See TSBs for the 2023 Saturn AURA See recalls for the Saturn AURA . I asked them how could the engine just seize up with no warning. I bought it with 110,000 with jumped timing. The European styling (both inside and out) is superb and its drive matches its great looks. The cabin does have some strong points. Where is the OBD port on a 1992 Toyota 4Runner? GM expects to send an interim notification around May 28, 2014. It started this before any other problems with the vehicle, specifically as I lost traction on some icy snow and spun the tires a few times when the car had 50,000 miles on it. We arent paid for reviews or other content. Cargo & TowingAt 14.9 cubic feet, the Auras trunk is comparable to the competition. The 2007 Saturn Aura won the prestigious 2007 North American Car of the Year award, and is a Consumer Guide recommended vehicle. The manufacturer distributed an Interim letter to customers on July 14, 2014. 2001 SL1 life expectancy S-Series General. On these vehicles, the tabs on the transmission shift cable end may fracture and separate. The base XE model has standard 17-inch steel wheels (17-inch aluminum wheels are optional) and the uplevel XR gets 18-inch aluminum rims that fill up the wheel wells nicely. If youre shopping for a 2007 Saturn Outlook, consider only a model with detailed service records, low mileage, and an exemplary, . Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, warped rotors that cause the car to wobble, read stories from drivers who praise our work. For the outside, Saturn chose to give the Aura a European look. Unsubscribe any time. Location: NYC . The proper Ford Expedition tire pressure is 35 or 39 PSI, depending on tire size. Leasing, on the other hand, While driving on the highway the engine light came on. Due to its anonymous styling, middle-of-the-road performance and cut-rate cabin, Saturn's L-Series, the company's previous midsize family car entry, was never a favorite of ours. The 2007 Aura Green Line has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine mated to an electric motor; together, they make 164 hp and 159 lb-ft of torque. Luckily i bought a 2 year warranty on it. Re: Average Engine Life. Firestone Complete Auto Care is your spot for 2007 Saturn Aura maintenance. Your username maybe be your email address. Enter your zip code to search used Aura listings in your area. Saturn Aura 2007-2009 Road Test. If power steering assist is lost, greater driver effort would be required to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash. The Saturn Aura XR is a front wheel drive motor vehicle, with its engine placed in the front, and a 4 door saloon (sedan) body. Then depress the GAS pedal three times all the way within three within ten seconds of turning the ignition on and the oil light will flash and confirm the reset. Start the car. A defective timing chain can cause damage to the engine and present serious safety concerns. . General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured May 16, 2003, through October 11, 2012, 2004-2007 Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured June 25, 2003, through April 5, 2007, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured May 26, 2004, through January 4, 2010, and 2007-2010 Saturn Aura vehicles manufactured April 24, 2006, through May 26, 2009. Its very hard to accelerate and the rpms shoot up. Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings A set of new headlights will cost from $275 to $350. Reliability on my AURA has been horrific. FOR PRICING \u0026 SPECS ON THIS CAR VISIT: \rhttp://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/Saturn_Aura.aspx\r\rSaturn Aura. Power, only five minor recalls, and a, 100,000-mile life expectancy on the comparable Saturn Vue, , theres enough evidence to point to a 150,000-mile lifespan for the Outlook. Any Saturn you buy has likely already undergone the necessary repairs, so current issues with your airbags will likely require a full replacement. We dont recognize that sign in. The 3.6-liter V-6 drives a new six-speed automatic that was jointly developed with Ford and will be used in their vehicles, including the new 2007 Edge crossover SUV. CarComplaints.com Notes: The Saturn Aura was a mid-size car meant to replace the somewhat problematic L-Series. Equipped with the 3.5 L VVT V6 ( LZ4 ), the engine was matched with the 4T45-E four-speed automatic transmission. Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the authors opinions and recommendations alone. While the Aura is an improvement over the Pontiac G6 and Chevrolet Malibu with which it shares its platform, the Aura does not measure up to the best family sedans. The system works well in practice, though its not always available in rural areas. Available transmissions include: 6-speed shiftable automatic, 4-speed automatic. 1 Thats because the shifter could say Park while the transmission was still in drive, reverse or neutral. Dealers will replace the EPS motor controller unit. Meanwhile, a busted gear shifter cable lead to some unwanted rollaways. 2007 VUE 2.2L. 2001 SC2. I've always performed regular oil changes at the specified intervals and taken good care of the car. of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap new, used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2007 Saturn Aura for Owners were instructed to not bring their vehicles for repair until January 2013. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Yes, that's right third! The Green line hybrid version makes the Aura one of the few cars in this segment available with that gas-sipping technology, though in real-world testing we've found its increases in fuel economy to be middling. If youre most concerned with how the car holds up on the inside, the Aura comes up short when compared to the competition. With the right care, you can count on spending at least ten years with your faithful ride. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Oil Cooler Hose. If the vehicle is not in the "PARK" position there is a risk the vehicle will roll away as the driver and other occupants exit the vehicle or anytime thereafter. The car misfires, shakes violently when in idle and when driving. After years of producing forgettable cars, Saturn steps up its game and brings out the Aura. problems with timing chain & timing chain tensioners easily go unnoticed and cause serious damage to the vehicle. Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain replacement intermediate steering shafts sold under the Dorman, OE Solutions, and Solutions brand names, part numbers 425-167, 2425167, and 7-3074, for installation on 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2009 Saturn Aura vehicles. Learn How To Avoid A Lemon Car. They just want to sell you a new car. You can pick up a new airbag control module for about $100, but new airbags can cost between $1,000 to $2,000 each. Getting your Outlook to the higher end of the 150,000-mile lifespan depends on three factors : One broken part can cause a domino effect under the hood and dramatically reduce your cars life expectancy. Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Rutland, ND. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say its in park while the transmission was still engaged. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000. Notification to owners began on on November 9, 2012. FAQs or access your Ses light illuminated at approx 95,000 miles when backing out of my driveway. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac), 1-800-553-6000 (Saturn). Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I was largely willing to give GM the benefit of the doubt. The 2007 Saturn Aura has 63 NHTSA complaints for the engine at 79,657 miles average. Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. GM will notify owners, and dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will relearn the brake pedal home position, free of charge. GM's number for this recall is 13036. Serving as a replacement for the forgettable L-Series, the new Saturn Aura marks a renewed attempt by the brand to establish itself in the midsize sedan market. I was told it was likely a sensor on the brake pedal and they had to order the part. Her dream car is a 2012 Mini Countryman. Stay ahead of maintenance for your 2007 Saturn Aura. Various warning lights illuminated prior to the failure. The Aura comes standard with one year of OnStar's base Safe & Sound plan, but Turn-by-Turn Navigation is part of the Directions & Connections package that costs $100 for the first year and $299 . Find aused certified pre-owned Saturnfor sale. This is not acceptable, why? You arent likely to get much use out of one with more than 100,000 miles on it., How to extend a 2007 Saturn Outlooks life expectancy. Find your perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and pricing tools. An expected Aura Green Line hybrid could fill this gap. Ad-free. Bulletin 14117 covers model year 2008 Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura built from February 1, 2008, through February 28, 2008. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Mount. The VIN was not available. why is the Saturn Aura not on the list we have the same motor. "It's not an official category, but the Aura would get 10 points out of 10 for being a perfect 'almost,' " says Car and Driver. Saturn vue 2.2 crank no start, replaced fuel pump ,car ran 2/22/2023 1/1/0001; What part is this on my auto Saturn vue? Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. 2007 Saturn Aura XE The base version was the Aura XE. Any duplicates or errors? Folding the standard 60/40-split rear seats exposes a wide but not especially tall opening between the trunk and the cabin. This sedan is more proof that good things can happen when GM throws its resources into a brand. The 2008 Saturn Aura has been recalled 5 times by NHTSA. [14] google_ad_height = 90; I brought it in Mar 2011 with 10,200 miles on it. With regular oil changes and smooth driving, you can expect the SL2's engine to last at least 200,000 miles. The first timing chain failed at 56,000 miles in March 2013 the second timing chain failed at 80,000 miles February 2016 in 2 years 11 months and 24,000 miles, the timing chain needed replacement something is inherently wrong with this engine and/or replacement parts. The 2007 Aura is Motor Week Driver's Choice for Best Family Sedan and the World of Wheels editors' choice for best family sedan. , you can reduce the life-threatening effects of wear and tear on your vehicle. This data is from the NHTSA the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. It's been a while since I owned a SATURN, really miss my SATURN's, and was wondering which engine on the Vue (2002-2007) models have the best engine life? 2.2 will start burning oil when they get up in miles. This car combines great performance, style, and reliability with super dealership support. Just the normal maintenance done on it. However, although most call the interior of the Aura roomy and comfortable, they dislike the materials and trims. Its handling performance is above average for the segment, and its two available V-6 engines are capable performers. The failure mileage was 100,000. A pair of, . TrueDelta is not affiliated with any car manufacturer or their trademarks. GM's number for this recall is N140115. It took me 10 minutes to switch to a National General policy that matched my needs. Elisa W. With regular maintenance and a little luck, the 2007 Saturn Outlook can last between 100,000 and 150,000 miles. A defect investigation into the issue was opened in 2011, eventually leading to a recall of 56,000 vehicles in 2014. Great warranty, and very reliable. GM has been hyping the quietness of its Buick models lately, but perhaps it needs to highlight Saturn. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. Ride & HandlingThe Auras road manners are a pleasant surprise. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in. But the saturnfans web site did introduce some notes of caution- I had the sense GM rushed the car into production a bit soon. 2007 Saturn Aura specs Big mistake. The next day the when I contacted the dealer they asked me if I wanted to have the repairs needed from the previous day done. Folding the standard 60/40-split rear seats exposes a wide but not especially tall opening between the trunk and the cabin. Firestone alerted me that I needed a timing chain. These are very stylish-looking cars. I use the synthetic blend high mileage oil every 5,000-7,000 miles.