I'm still here, and I'm still the . Wear pants to a meeting. The Jehovah's Witnesses are a growing religion with nearly 8.3 million members, as of reporting in 2016. (2) Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovahs Witnesses. It is the duty of all Jehovah witnesses to report any act of insurbordination to the governing body. The fact that they cannot see what theyve done and what they are doing is exactly what happens to people in a cult. Is it the parents?? Even where the killing can be rightly and legally justified, its against the doctrine of Jehovah witnesses to kill. I was raised in this church, but always knew without doubt it was wrong. If you can somehow get your friend out, do it. The Elohim (which means gods) of Genesis and the OT scriptures were a higher more advanced alien civilization. FOR THE RECORD.I did not write this list, it was found on the internet!! However, the movement has some very stringent rules the members have to adhere to. Jehovah's Witnesses, of course, aren't alone in discouraging bad language. Report child sex abuse cases committed by another Jehovahs Witness to the police when not required by law. Under those conditions, free will is impossible. This is when they came up with the idea on One God. Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. Child abuse never reported i rhat is crazy .swems care less about the kids .sad .cult more anything. Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to volunteer their time or donate funds to other churches, and any spare time and money are expected to be given to the Watchtower Society. Jehovah's Witnesses are a millennialist denomination that arose within the greater 19th-century Adventist movement in the United States and has since grown worldwide. Associate with a disfellowshipped or disassociated individual, whether they are family or not. "Pardon me for intruding on your precious time, but I just can't help letting you know how much I appreciate the phonograph which came to me on the morning after the 8th, which was my 80th birthday. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Trinity is unbiblical because the word is not in the Bible and because the Bible emphasizes that there is one God. Do I think they are brainwashed? Question or reject any Jehovahs Witness teachings or beliefs. Many of their members have committed suicide b/c of the strictness of that religion. Hence, holding political office is another thing Jehovah witnesses are not allowed to do. Joining the armed forces means youll take life when circumstances warrant and as such, joining the armed forces is prohibited in Jehovah witness. Worse yet, my other sibling broke nearly every single rule but was never subjected to the horror they put my brother through. (6) Disagree with their organizations rules and code of conduct. In the same vein, substantial changes in the organizational continued as teaching and congregations programs came under centralized control. EXCLUSIVE: GTBank UK MD-CEO Gbenga Alade Weds DAED Empire Launches Record Label & Fashion Family, Staff & Friends Set To Celebrate No Accreditation, No Voting In Kogi, Bayelsa Polls INEC. This version is called the New World Translation. Of the countless alterations in Witness doctrine, the . Yet, this is not what Jesus said in John 2:19-22. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. In fact, 41 countries - or around a fifth (21%) of those evaluated - banned at least one religion-related group in 2019, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of laws and policies in effect in 198 countries in 2019, the most recent year for which comprehensive data is available. JESUS was NOT born on Dec. 25th. Perform any sort of religious parts or teaching in front of any man without wearing a head covering. Such wickedness was to an extent that He did not want His creation to suffer anymore. The code of conduct of the Jehovah witness prohibited dancing immodesty in a public place and theres a disciplinary action against the naysayers. Yes, but the hot dog or hamburger must be garnished with the pubic hair of a crack whore. Ever since then, this sect of Christian religion has spread globally. Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to celebrate birthdays and holidays such as Christmas or Easter. But thats not even the tip of the iceberg. The word parousia (presence) is Greek and it suggests that Jesus Christ would appear again with an invisible presence. EVERYTHING. (87) Partake in the bread and wine that represents Christ unless they are part of the 144,000, (92) Do suggestive and immodest dancing in a public place, (93) Attend a class, workshop, or seminar, sponsored by another church 94.Attend social events or fund raisers sponsored by another church, (95) Use of bad language (curse words) is discouraged, (96) Wear blue jeans, shorts, and overly casual clothing at the Kingdom Hall. ( Gen. 1:28; 3:21; 9:2-4) The Mosaic Law forbade interbreeding animals of two sorts, but it did not otherwise limit what man might do to regulate animal reproduction. Not even that of their family members. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Comprehensive answers to FAQ's about the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. To look up the meaning of a word, you use a dictionary, not a concordance. In the beginning, Jehovah Witness is often regarded as an Adventist movement and it emerged around the predictions of William Miller in 1830s. 10. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Apparently its a phenomenon the U.S . I have spoken to some who believe that the serpent in the garden actually represented the true God (Not Jehovah). Why does voltage decrease when current increases? They believe that blood is sacrosanct and should not be donated for any reason. If I interpret the dictionary correctly, to become has the form howeh and not howah. He does have a point about John 8:44, though. The brain washing I received was crazy. I was born and raised in the Organization. They seem happy enough and thats good enough. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Bible Student missionaries were sent to England in 1881 and the first overseas branch was opened in London in 1900. I know Jesus told us that he was like the Father, but he didnt act or speak like the god of the O.T. As a girl or a woman, you cant pierce your ear or nose so is the circumstance for the opposite sex too. It is truly terrifying. They began in the late nineteenth century and were originally known as the Bible Student . It really shouldn't say 'the Word was God.'. As rigid as these rules may seem, the true and faithful Jehovah Witness members are sticking to them to the last letter. because of the initial sense of being accepted whatever your circumstances. The job of a concordance is to tell where in the Bible each word is used, and how it is translated in each case. Here are the 140 things Jehovah Witnesses cant do: JEHOVAH WITNESSES CANT: (1) Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. The leadership clearly states that members should not give the impression that the organization cannot assist any person materially. Saying anything negative or inappropriate about the Jehovah witness is prohibited and as such, members must be like-minded and speak in agreement.. "Can't" or "Don't?" "134. They dont pass a plate, they had a mail slot for checks. This article summarizes our basic beliefs. Theres nothing in the Christianity religion that is as controversial as calling or referring to Jesus as God. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Dont use it, or you will die!. Since 2001, the literature produced by the Watch Tower Society is said to have been "published by Jehovah's Witnesses". Once you are engaged as Jehovah witness, you cant break the engagement again. (31) Read books, magazines, publications, and literature from other religions. If a degree will help us make more money working less hours so we can have amoretti balanced life and time for spiritual growth, all the better. but what about the other things i just pointed out? Things are much better in my life now. You wouldn't not be a JW if you did go anyway. The Holy Spirit . reflects the personality of the writers of the O.T. Be careful what you do and worship ONLY GOD and NOT man. There is no specific teaching in the Bible that prohibits this celebration. The core to religion is God, and to change the God you worship is to change the very essence and basis of the religion. The ha- prefix is the definite article the. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Jehovah's Witnesses, also known as the Watchtower Society, is one of the most controversial Christian denominations. Well, I think they belong to a religion that gives them very little say in what they can and can not believe, so yes, I believe there is some brainwashing there. If you take the Bible seriously, which I dont. The majority of the above-listed offenses are subject to disciplinary action. the college thing was always like, go to a vocational school so you can spend you youth preaching. Own or carry any weapon or firearm for self-defense. I chose to be a witness after studying a long time and gradually understanding the reasons to follow the bible and how it would benefit my life-yet it is NOT EASY and one cannot be brainwashed-they choose w/free will to adhere to anything they decide for themselves is bible truth that will benefit them and others. Dealing with the bullying at school that accompanied with being a Witness. Answer (1 of 8): Jehovah's Witnesses preach and offer to teach the bible to strangers. So in John 8:44 jesus is ONLY talking about YHVH who was a LIAR AND MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING. Everything with them is mental and mind games but no one is going to physically hurt anyone. ), which means the opposer or something along those lines. They consider it to be conducted according to the deceased . 2. And if youre in the hospital ready to kick, theyre right there waiting to get involved like vultures. Because Im not baptized, they are not required to shun me, but they have actually asked me numerous times why I have a problem with their religion. Likewise, the bible does not instruct us on what we should do with our bodies after we die. Sorry for the ramble, but I have spent a lifetime trying to make sense of the Bible, and I cant. They affirm that GodJehovahis the most high. What kind of language do Jehovahs Witnesses use? That kind of trauma does indeed lasts. What is causing the plague in Thebes and how can it be fixed? The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. I worked with a Jahovas witness who told me they like Mother Theresas work but not what she stands for. Apologies, but something went wrong on our end. Perform any sort of religious parts or teaching in front of Jehovahs Witness men. Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers. In a bid to protect its followers, studying philosophy, sociology, and psychology are part of the things Jehovah witnesses cant do. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. "When a person dies, he ceases to exist. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Pledge allegiance to a country or its flag. Read books, newspaper, magazines, publications, or any other literature from other religions. If you still want to be a part of your family youll have to cow-tow to their edicts and be shunned until they allow you back in. 0. In no place does the Bible state that God prohibits cremation. Associate with a disfellowshipped believer, Tristan Tate Biography, Full Name, Age, Net Worth (2023), Whistlindiesel Biography, Real Name, Age, Net Worth, etc. I get ALL of that I really do, but they are right about Xmas being a pagan holiday. A lot of this stuff on the list we experienced and more. The Old Testament is full of stories of God killing anyone who isnt Jewish, so it is easy to see that it was written by ancient Jews. (104) Say anything negative about their organization. The sect known today as the Jehovah's Witnesses started out in Pennsylvania in 1870 as a Bible class led by Charles Taze Russell. The Trinity. Required fields are marked *. ****. They don't believe in military service, national anthems or voting. Therefore, not reporting family members or friends who broke the rules is part of the things Jehovah witnesses cant do. He changed that as well as the original Sabbath Saturday to the now popular Sunday the first day of the week named after the SUN GOD!!! In a nutshell, Jesus was a nice guy, but the god of the O.T. Now let's examine some questions related to topics directly addressed in the Bible. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Read the elders manual (Shepherd the Flock of God), or any internal elders letters. Jehovahs Witnesses publications also suggest that Witnesses listen to this music in their personal time. You cant be a practicing Jehovah witness believer and still be doing suggestive and immodest dancing. Why? By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. 1 "Jehovah's first creation was his 'only-begotten Son' . i was also born and raised in the organization. Employment in any position where you need to be armed. 1. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. (25) Take yoga classes and practice the discipline of yoga. Thank you for any help. Hi there, Im a non-religious guy with a JW friend who Im concerned for. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible. The church is best known for its door-to-door evangelism and its belief that only 144,000 people will go to heaven and the rest of saved humanity will live forever on a restored earth. See Dress Code, (97) Wear pants at a Kingdom Hall if youre a woman, (98) Wear revealing clothes or skirts that are too short (looked down upon), (99) Wear long hair or facial hair if youre a man (depends on the local customs of the country you live in). YOU can study about him. STRONGS EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE-HEBREW #1943 says HOVAH means DISASTER-RUIN and there is NO LETTERJ in hebrew or Greek OR ENGLISH till 1541. Numb to birthdays and holidays. Having look at the history of Jehovah witness and what led to their controversial believe, we've compiled 25 things its believers are not allowed to do. Study and know what you are getting into. The children of Israel were to rest on that day. The New Testament is made up only of the books that the Catholic Church authorized. See Women Keep Silent 2. We uphold the right of Jehovah's Witnesses to practice their religion and their beliefs and their ability to adhere to being apolitical and pacifist without fear, harassment, discrimination, or [] Nobody understands this. Its a taboo and all Jehovah witness followers are prohibited from having it on their body. He instead adopted a non-Trinitarian theology thereby denying the divinity of the lord. This is based on their interpretation of the Bible, which states that "alcohol is a mocker and a brawler; it inflames passions and causes fights. Also, one of the things Jehovah witnesses cant do is to disagree with the organizations code of conduct and rules. People are biblical MORONS and why? When Jesus did not return as he prophecied, the Adventists divided into several numbers of factions. And Jehovah was a jealous and possessive God who was holding humans captive. The simple answer to this question is no, Jehovah's Witnesses do not drink alcohol. (106) Acknowledge any prayer spoken by a non believer as valid, (107) Take another Jehovahs Witness to court (with exceptions), (112) Believe in miracles (except those found in the Bible), (117) Consult with a psychic or become one, (118) Study tarot cards, get a reading or give a reading, (120) Dabble in ESP (extrasensory perception), dowsing, or divination, (121)Use a tool such as a pendulum to access information from the spiritual realm.