Finally, let us think of all the people all over the world, members with us in the human family, who will not have a meal today. Father, let Your will be done in this meeting so that this can be a meeting that is based upon Your desires for us. All Voices Heard Prayer Almighty God, may Your grace cover each aspect of this meeting. Gods Will Be Done Prayer Oh Lord, please instruct us and teach us in the way that we should conduct this meeting. Bless our eyes and taste so that we may eat this food in a holy and mindful manner. It is you who are omniscient. May this drink restore our souls, giving new vision to dry spirits, new warmth to cold hearts. All present join hands in a circle around the table, and are silent for half a minute or so as they collect their thoughts, meditate or pray. - Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops. our meeting so that it is full of wisdom, productivity, and respect We pray that they, and we, may use our many gifts of intellect, heart, and soul to address the problems that the human community faces in bringing justice more fully into the world and in tending wisely to the lovely garden that is our earth and our home. Blessed are you for ever and ever. PRAYER FOR 50TH CLASS REUNION. Colossians 3:23 says, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord As we observe the many accomplishments of our honorees, we acknowledge that none of it would be possible without you. Perhaps we can now become effective in making Charleston a more progressive community that celebrates, rather than fears, its diversity. May your presence be the extra taste to this meal which we eat in the name of your son, Jesus. Amen. We ask for your peace and harmony. JesuitResource.org is a service of Xavier University's Center for Mission and Identity, Xavier University Center for Mission and Identity 3800 Victory Parkway Cincinnati, OH 45207 513-745-3777, Multi Faith Calendar of Religious Holy Days, Foundational Documents on Jesuit Catholic Education, Xavier University's Center for Mission and Identity. Help us not to waste valuable time, as we all have many tasks to complete today. For the meal we are about to eat, Generous God, you freely give each of us uncountable gifts and talents; help us to be good stewards of these; and by your by example, May the Lord bless you and keep you. May those sharing information give us pertinent points so we all clearly understand. Our dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for this food. I pray that You direct our steps so that this meeting can achieve our kingdom aims. Thank you for bringing us together to recognize the hard work and dedication of this years award recipients. For all of this we give you thanks. O Thou Who art generous and merciful! We come before you today to give you after we said our temporary goodbyes to our dear Alma Mater. It might be race, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or any other way we may be regarded as different. We praise you and give you glory through Christ our Lord. Help us to resolve any disputes gracefully, be creative problem-solvers, and have great team spirit. -- Harry S. Truman. Later he was approached by someone who had become hungry for the kind of relationship with God that he heard exhibited during that prayer. Lions Prayer. Creator God and Lord of Life, You who call forth from the darkness of death all those who love You, we rejoice, on this Easter Sunday, in the resurrection from the dead of our Lord, Jesus Christ. We come expecting to make a mark on this earth that is significant, but we can only do it with Your guidance. Let the captives rejoice, for their Redeemer is born. Father, your Word says in Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Graduation can bring feelings of uncertainty about the future, but we know with you we have hope. Amen. Our teachers and mentors Our family and loved ones We thank You for them and give them all to You in prayer. Father, we praise you for your son Jesus, who knew the happiness of family and friends, and in the love of your Holy Spirit. Thank you for your Holy Word and for giving us the opportunity as a group to study your Truth together. This past weekend I hosted a group of women at our church for a day of fellowship, connection, and refreshment. Loving Father, we thank you for bringing us together for this meal: may we continue to live in your friendship and in harmony with one another. Here in Your presence many friends and families are gathered to celebrate in fellowship. Give us balance in times of distraction and uncertainty. We ask for your guiding hand to lead us through this meeting. We give thanks for this food prepared by loving hands. Page 12 - Benedictions & Closing Prayers Page 14 - Banquet "Grace" Prayers Page 17 - Memorial (Day) Prayers Page 18 - Prayers for Deceased Comrades Page 20 - Veterans' Day Prayers . We are servants of Thy threshold and are gathered beneath the sheltering shadow of Thy divine unity. - Izola White. We celebrate their capacity for creativity, for critical thinking, for focused effort. We declare that this meeting shall be effective and Spirit-led. As we begin our conference, we dedicate this time to you. Forgive us for any wrongdoing, and give us a clean heart. We ask for your hand of blessing on Amen. Find opening prayers for the following types of events in this article below: What better way to honor the Lord than to open our gatherings, meetings, celebrations, and services with prayer? We have come to the last meal of this day, to our supper meal. and for this good company. Lord, we thank you for giving them the gift of each other. We pray for the presenters, attendees, and volunteers who made this conference possible. We ask that You would work mightily in us today. God, you remind us how important it is to spend quiet time with you in Psalm 46:10, Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. As we begin our retreat, we give our cares and worries to you. (five short prayers for use at meal times) God is great, and God is good, And we thank him for our food; By his hand we all are fed; Give us, Lord, our daily bread. We rarely get the chance to bring everyone together, so we do not take it for granted. The invocation, in its simplest form, is a prayer or request for the spiritual presence of God in a ceremony or event. I pray that we do not grow weary while doing this good thing, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. A Countyman Gives Thanks - O God, Source and Giver of all things, who . Prayer for Our Thoughts Omniscient God, we know that Your thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are Your ways our ways, for the heavens are higher than the earth, so are Your ways higher than our ways, and Your thoughts than our thoughts. Scholarship Award Luncheon Prayer. In either situation, you may find the following advice and examples useful. Even when such religious commencements make an effort to include people of all faiths they may exclude people with no religion. As faculty, staff, and administrators at this University, we are grateful to you for the opportunity to participate in the development of these students, to honor them for their hard work and achievement, and to thank them for the inspiration they provide to keep us going in our chosen professions. Prayers for our Chamber of Commerce. Loving Father, may we all celebrate together around your table in heaven. It could be easily adapted to a variety of settings and circumstances. Thank you for food in a world where many know only hunger; For our faith in a world where many know fear; For friends in a world where many know only loneliness. May this be a safe space for people to express their opinions, and a place where ideas matter more than titles. Enable us to acquire and understand the accurate information we need and its implications, so we can make informed decisions. Amen. Help us to find principles that we all can agree on and put these into action. Bind our hearts and minds by Your Spirit. But most of all for those we love. - Mother Teresa. May the Risen Christ, our Lord and Savior, be our guest as we celebrate His resurrection with this Easter Sunday dinner. We are grateful for this opportunity to honor and thank those who are leaving our ranks; first, for their dedication to the ideals of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department, and secondly, for the personal sacrifices they have made to bring these ideals to many others. We shall run and not be weary, we shall walk and not faint. Please show us great and mighty things that we do not know so that this meeting can fulfill its role for the kingdom. I don't ask you to bow your heads, but to look up at what you can accomplish by applying your considerable talents and experience to the problems that confront us. those who are hungry, sick and cold. In this festivity let us remember too The prayer may also ask God for help; for example, that the decisions you're about to make be good ones. Be present at our table, Lord, be here and everywhere adored. Amen. Opening prayer for a high school graduation. I pray that You would give me, my children, my family, and friends what we need, whatever that may be, to see You and feel Your presence more clearly in our lives. for our dedication and the binding cords between us. Lord, it is such a thrill to know that I have been awarded this scholarship and I pray that I will work conscientiously and hard for the . Heres a beautiful Buddhist meal gatha that is entirely secular: We receive this food in gratitude to all beings O Giver of life - we are here to celebrate 5 decades of life in the real world. Amen. Help us to respect one another and work together. The principles of our country are not based on God. Please guide us, Lord. I pray that this meeting focuses upon You and Your plans for us as a body of believers. This prayer point idea came to me as I was listening to a story about a man who prayed a simple public prayer. Be with us as we honor this years graduates. First, the Republican: Father, we thank you through Christ our Lord. May all be fed. You are our Wisdom and our Strength. Then one person gently squeezes the hands of the people seated adjacent; this signal is quickly passed around the table and people then begin to eat and talk. Dear earth who gives to us this food, Dear sun who makes it ripe and good, Sun above and earth below, Our loving thanks to you we show. We ask for your inspiration and insights. God of the journeywe invite you into our . Scout Law Prayer: This is a very nice prayer based on the twelve points of the Scout Law. Lead each one of us so that we can make fruitful contributions at this time. In fact, a godless grace can be very moving: it allows time for reflection and thanks focused on this world, appreciating the value of nature and acknowledging the human effort which went into bringing food, family and friends together for a meal. Not a problem. Leader : God of the ages, before your eyes all empires rise and fall yet you are changeless. Invocation in Honour of the Five Wounds of Our Lord - O good Jesus, within Thy wounds hide me. We are grateful for the people sitting at our tables, the bounty of food before us, and the chance to be together. We pause to be grateful for the hidden gifts of life in this food. pray. For an example of a secular invocation that is inclusive, although given by someone identified as representing a humanist viewpoint, read this article by Herb Silverman. In addition to the major rites of passage, humanists and other nonreligious people often find themselves asked to contribute to other types of ceremonial event: a benediction before a banquet, an invocation at the beginning of a legislative session, or a toast at a retirement party. 2. Heavenly Father, We thank You for the gift of life You have given, and for blessing us with our beloved (celebrant's name) 's life. Let love and understanding be the foundation. The apostle Paul told the church to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Our Father in Heaven, we give thanks for the pleasure of gathering together for this occasion. Thy people bless, and grant that we may feast in paradise with thee. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. What divides us is not so much our religious differences in this diverse country, but the degree of commitment we have to equal freedom of conscience for all people. Let the just rejoice, for their justifier is born. It is common for prayers of invocation to be offered publicly at the beginning of a church service or . Prayer to Do Good in Gods Kingdom Oh Lord, this meeting has occurred because we want to do good for Your kingdom. those whose lives are more affected than our own Retirement Dinner Invocation. May all be healed. - Author Unknown. Photo Credit: Getty Images/Foxys_forest_manufacture. Thank you for the gift of family. I pray that we feel Your presence during this meeting because You are with us wherever we go. Amen. We present ourselves like an open book before You. Satisfy the needs that need to be met during this meeting. Graduation is a special time for the graduates and the family, friends, and loved ones whove supported them along the way. Earth maker and Lord of all creation, we are mindful that this food before us has already been blessed by the sun, earth and rain. We hope that they are safe and well. Blessed are you, Lord God, king of the universe: you raised your beloved son from the dead and made him Lord of all. Newest Page::Prayers for Revival for your church, Bible Devotions and Making Life Better Articles, Click here for Links to ALL our marriage pages, Links to All our Full Armor of God Prayers, How to Create a Great Relationship with Yourself, By Beth McLendon, Copyright 2012 - 2023 Inspirational-Prayers.com, This page is for those who are asked to pray a, People can often sense our closeness with the Lord. All rights reserved. Banquet Invocation Prayer Pdf ebook that will have enough money you worth, get the unconditionally best seller from us currently from several preferred authors. Let us not make decisions based upon what we know but let us act based upon Your wisdom. Come, Holy Father and look with favor upon all of us gathered at this celebration. Show us Your purposes. Traditional Wedding Reception Prayers For those who want to wrap tradition into their wedding, we have traditional wedding reception prayers for you. With all the tensions going on in our nation right now and the Greater . - John Cennick. As we partake of this food, we pray for health and strength to carry on and try to live as You would have us. Help us all to continue the good work we are . I have two questions for the council members who could not even bear to be in the same room with an atheist giving the invocation, and who are now surprised that so many of us feel deeply offended by their organized walkout. Throughout Scripture, special occasions were celebrated by holding a banquet, when your people would congregate to eat, fellowship, and enjoy your many blessings. Help us come up with effective strategies that can enable us to move forward as a team in a meaningful way. For the significance of this wedding day we thank you. - John Wesley. Invocations can be at the opening of a meeting, business, retreat, ceremony, graduation,sporting event,award ceremonies, banquet dinners, fundraiser anywhere an observed. A Scout's Prayer by Lord Baden-Powell: This is another nice prayer based on the Scout Law. It can be modified to fit many other types of settings involving government bodies. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to gather here today. May this meal bring us strength and health. Amen. In sharing in this meal In preparing today's invocation, I was reminded that several men of science, including Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, and Steven Hawking all believe in the Please sleep under these soft blankets that we may all know safety. We ask you to guide us as we read Scripture, talk about your goodness, and encourage one another in the faith. Bless your church throughout the world, and all those who seek to do your will today. Invocation Prayers continued Third Meeting Prayer: Almighty God of Heaven and earth. Amen. We pray that all voices will be heard and that we will have a mindset of inclusivity. I ask that we might know the blessing of your presence here this afternoon as we honor these young scholars. May they always show care and concern for each other, sharing joys, sorrows and burdens. O God, our Father, we thank you for this gathering as we come together to honor the members of Recruit Class 131, their families and their instructors, on the day of their graduation. Please share this walk with us that we may all know nature's peace. O Eternal God, bless all schools, colleges, and universities [and especially __________], that they may be lively centers for sound learning, new discovery, and the pursuit of wisdom; and grant that those who teach and those who learn may find you to be the source of all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Here are ten special opening prayers you can pray at your gatherings. Preface to the prayer for the one giving the invocation: This prayer was designed for use as an invocation for a city council meeting. serve those who call upon us and to give of ourselves to those in. We lift up this bread; may it be food and symbol for all of us who shall eat it. It is you who are omnipresent. Prayer for God to Answer Righteous God, we call onto You right now and we know that You will answer! We thank You for all who have given of their energy and skill So that we can graduate today. let us be truly thankful Enable them to draw upon the wisdom and experience of yesterday as they respond to the questions and concerns of tomorrow. May all be loved. We are gathered today, both religious and secular members of our community, with the shared belief that we must treat our fellow human beings with respect and dignity. Your word says that all things work together for the good of those who love You, to those who are called according to Your purpose. Inspirational - Prayers. Prayer of Thanksgiving Gracious God, we thank You for this opportunity to call people for a meeting. Blessed are you, Lord our God, maker of heaven and earth and Father of all your people: we give you glory for your goodness and for your loving care for us. We ask your blessing upon these young women and men who we honor today for their achievements. Many groups and government bodies begin their meetings with prayers or other forms of religious invocation conducted by a chaplain or religious minister. If your club chooses to open a meeting with an invocation or pledge, always take care to respect the diversity of club members and visitors. May you be with us all, helping us each day to walk more closely with you. You are the source of all of our blessings. the achievements and accomplishments . Typically, it invites and welcomes God's presence at an event or ceremony. Please pray this prayer that all our names of God may guide us on. As we begin our meeting, we declare that your purposes will prevail. Or this may be an opportunity to go around the table and have each person say what they are grateful for. Love is patient, love is kind. O Who is like you, God, who is holy and loving like you? For your presence here and now and for your presence at all times, we thank you. - Secular mealtime prayer. Non-religious people may still want to give thanks before a big meal, such as a Thanksgiving Dinner, or may be asked to do so at a formal event. I've never cared much for the word "invocation" in worship services, or community meetings for that matter. Wise Use of Time Prayer Lord, our Helper, enable us to wisely and efficiently manage our time in this meeting today. Forgive us for letting the distractions of daily life steal our focus. Here is the invocation I gave, as several council members fled: Thank you for this opportunity to "invoke" a minority point of view. People can often sense our closeness with the Lordwhen they hear us Blessed are you, Lord our God, for ever and ever. That is my religion. May each member of this team feel valued, and may we each recognize the skill sets and knowledge that each person brings to the table. God, for the joy of this occasion we thank you. As you work together on behalf of all who live in this city, may you gain strength and sustenance from one another through reason and compassion. Make us worthy, Lord, to serve our fellow men throughout the world who live and die in poverty and hunger. Prayer 1. Jesus said in Matthew 18:20, For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. As we begin our time of worship, we release our cares and anything else that would hinder us from experiencing more of you in this service today. Amen. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Many religions say a short prayer before a meal, in which a blessing is asked and thanks are given. Copyright 2012 Beth McLendon of 3 Ways Satan Is Deceiving Today's Culture, 4 Reasons Christian Singles Are Tired of the Dating Scene, How You Can Have Eternal Life Through the Cross of Jesus Christ, A Powerful Morning Prayer to Start Each Day, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. It is when we wear our majority hats that we need to be most mindful of how we treat others. He said, But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well (Matthew 6:33). Public prayer opens the door for displaying for others how to feel comfortable and accepted in the Father's presence. Amen. Dear God, Today we join with heaven as we celebrate and give thanks for every student here. Help them to stay true to their dreams, to use their gifts wisely, and to walk into the future with faith, hope, and great love. We ask you to give us wisdom, patience, and guidance as we plan for the future. We honor them for their loyalty to God and Country, for their good deeds, and for their friendship. We thanked God for the gift of getting together with friends and invited Him into our midst. Help us to accomplish our goals while displaying your character. for the warm hospitality - Edward Hays. - Edward Hays. We turn to you in prayer and ask you to bless us and this food you have given us. May we see the Lord of Life in our food, our conversation and lives shared in common. Amen. You have blessed us with supportive people who seek the welfare of Your people and Your church/school/ministry/business. to lead a group into the throne room of God. God bless each one of us here tonight. May we and our gifts of food be under the tent of God's peace. Date shared: Oct 19, 2014 | Download and Read Online 14 Banquet grace Prayers We Are Grateful, Lord, For Those . We ask that you would guide and direct The object is not just to drum up support among fellow humanists, though such grassroots activism is crucial, but to appeal to everyone's sense of fair play and tolerance. Help us to each listen politely as others share their points of view. We must pledge our best efforts to help one another, and to defend the rights of all of our citizens and residents. Let us enjoy ourselves, without guilt, It is a little longer. Amen. These prayers do a good job of recognizing God's power in our lives and encourage humility within us. September 12, 2015 / Dreams, Dreams and Prayers. As we work together to fulfill your purpose, we commit to walk in grace, humility, and truth. "Right-minded" people, whether religious or not, should be appalled by the contemptuous behavior exhibited by members of the Charleston City Council. - Author Unknown. Lord, You are the God of life that sustains every moment of our being. Dear and beloved stranger, Please eat this food with us that we may all be nourished. Blessed are you for giving us family and friends to be with us in times of joy and sorrow, to help us in days of need, and to rejoice with us in moments for celebration. But we ask that You reveal to us Your thoughts throughout this meeting, let our ways be aligned with Your ways throughout this meeting, in Jesus Name. The day is coming to a close, and, like the disciples on the road to Emmaus, we pause to break bread together. It's possible to use invocations for all occasions, such as graduations, city council meetings and religious . God is great, and God is good, let us thank Him for our food; By His blessings we are fed, Give us Lord, our daily bread. We ask in Jesus' name. Lord God and giver of all good gifts, we are grateful as we pause before this meal, for all the blessings of life that you give to us. Break down the walls of separation that we have built to keep you from our hardened hearts. Bless this food, a sign of your loving care for us, and bless us in our daily lives. Jorie Nicole McDonald leads editorial video efforts for Southern Living. We focus our hearts and minds on you. Lord, make us thankful for our food, bless us with faith in Jesus' blood; with bread of life our souls' supply, that we may live with Christ on high. O Gracious God, we give you thanks for your overflowing generosity to us. Even if we have different opinions, give us unity of spirit. Dear God, help us apply Your wisdom as we decide on certain matters and make plans. The apostle Paul encourages us with this truth in Philippians 2:2, Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Help us to be unified according to your Word, Father. Amen. Stop What Youre Doing: The First Trailer For "Are You There God? Dear Father in heaven, thank you so much for this time together with our family, friends and church family. Father, for our food we thank you, and for our joys: help us love you more. - Christian mealtime prayer. Browse all prayers within Invocation prayers section. Help us hear the complete message being communicated. Prayer of Gratitude Gracious Father, for the meal that is before us, we thank You. A dear friend opened our time together with a heartfelt, inspiring prayer, and it set the tone for the entire day. Help us to be unified in making the best possible decisions and to effectively carry them out. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace. Help us move towards our goals with determination and always with an abundant sense of humor. We pause to be grateful for the hidden gifts of life in this food. The Prayer of Blessing. As we celebrate them today, we ask that you bless and guide their future lives. Come and let Your wisdom fall upon us, O Lord, as we gather for this meeting. Thank you that each one is unique and brimming with potential. . I ask for your blessing on this ceremony, our awardees and all who are gathered with us today. An Opening Prayer for an Awards Ceremony Dear God, Thank you for bringing us together to recognize the hard work and dedication of this year's award recipients. to those who gathered the harvest. I don't ask you to close your eyes, but to keep your eyes constantly open to the serious issues that city government can and should solve or improve. Thank you for visiting this Christian prayer page. Amen - Samuel F. Pugh. Dozens of people, both SHL members and those outside our humanist community, have written letters to the editor of our local newspaper to express their outrage over the walkout.