Go to Manage My Vehicles GMC Sierra 1500 Main Bearing GMC Sierra 1500 Engine Components GMC Sierra 1500 Flywheel GMC Sierra 1500 Thermostat GMC Sierra 1500 Parts Now, put the caliper back in place. Need your part faster? _c% Replace that washer and your hub nut, and just tighten it back up into place. I try my absolute best to provide precise torque values on every vehicle. The first table contains the most-used torque settings. Brought to you by www.1AAuto.com, your source for quality replacement parts and the best service on the Internet. Copyright 1999-2023 - 1A Auto Parts, All Rights Reserved. Enter your vehicle details. Truck wheel hub torque specifications also vary greatly, with the majority of torque requirements for both GMC and Chevrolet trucks between the 155 to 180 foot-pound range. pan/no cat./lml driver side manifold/ firestone redi-ride air bags/ 305/70r16 toyo m/t E-range /06 tow mirrors / stainless magnaflow muffler and 6 inch exhaust tip. Automotive Chassis Torque Specs. Use a torque wrench to tighten those up to 100 foot pounds. 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 C&C, added 4WD, 6.0L gas, Extended Cab, SLE, Transgo 4L80e-HD2 kit installed, 2005 gmc k2500 hd ccsb LLY allison/75k miles/ superchip cortex perf. 1:05. This is measured using a torque wrench, which identifies the amount of force in foot pounds, and depending on the GM vehicle model, there are different torque specifications. You put the bolts in, and tighten them up, and they press the rotor off. 2007 Silverado Classic LBZ, 4X4, 122,000 miles. 2010 Mega Auto 4x4 3.73's, Smarty Jr., ARE Truck Cap, BFG A/T 275/65-17's. Administrator. ground. When I say the back side, I mean here where you can see the arrows are pointing. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Smear a little grease on the splines of the axle shaft before assembly. Below you'll find the tightening torques for the Chevy Silverado 3 in both Nm and ft/lbs. Grease up your caliper bolts. Below you'll find the tightening torques for the Chevy Silverado 3 in both Nm and ft/lbs. installation, the upper and lower control arms, and the front shock installation. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. That's a great right-up and did mine a year ago with Timken Hubs. Chevy Silverado 1500 Leaf Spring Center Pin Torque Spec : 30 ft-lbs Rear Differential Torque Specs On the Chevy Silverado 1500 the rear end ring gear bolts get tightened down to 95 ft-lbs. We're just going to put a lug nut on there to hold it in place, and start putting our brakes back together. You can see the outer one comes out pretty easily. Lower the vehicle and tighten them the rest of the way. colorado_3180 said: Looking for the front suspension torque specs. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process. We'll fast forward as Don does this. Wheel Speed . essential repairs for the front end of this vehicle. Manage Settings A truck's wheel assembly takes a lot of knocks and abuse, requiring it to be sturdy and reliable. Soaking overnight with some penetrating oil. Best to start out with 3 start the car and add from there. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Replace your wheel, replace those lug nuts, and tighten them preliminarily. K4] ZG D-5z*>,z5v1s(Q~,vy#X*uV-a:p9t3` sM".s[ZTAWX3E e6' Use a screwdriver and pry the brake pads out. Then you're all set.We hope this video helps you out. Thats scary tight. This brake pad sticking in there like that indicates there's a problem, and you want to do some clean-up and some lubrication to prevent this. We've put the old inner brake pad back in there. the rear diff fluid change procedures, and the rear end watts system installation. Most-used torque settings for Chevy Silverado 1 To make sure these are the correct tightening torque values, you can use the data below to verify this is the right model. You see them there and there Another one on here. Free your caliper. endstream endobj 105 0 obj <>/ExtGState <>/Font <>/ProcSet [/PDF /Text /ImageC /ImageI]/XObject <>>>/Rotate 0/TrimBox [0 0 612 783]/Type /Page>> endobj 106 0 obj <> stream So don't "go to town on it".. do it right the first time and it will last. We'll fast forward as Don does this to other two bolts and removes all three of them. Torque Specs on TimkenInfo.com Automotive Aftermarket Manufacturing Timken Adds Torque Specs to TimkenInfo.com Timken says it differentiates itself by including the required foot-pound. Did you find the answer to your specific question. Place the rotor on the hub Twist a lug nut to hold the rotor in place Put the caliper on Replace and tighten the 18mm bolts Torque the 18mm bolts to 75 ft/lbs Install the new brake pads into the bracket, tapping lightly with a hammer Grease the caliper bolts Place the caliper onto the bracket Replace and tighten the T55 Torx bolts Sparky Express provides roadside assistance in the Greater Toronto Area, ON: battery boost, car lockout, flat tire change, flat tire repair, seasonal tire change at home, wheel re-torque, hybrid jump start services, and much more! Use this website at your own risk. Then pull the hub off. Dual Fox 2.0 up front. An air impact wo. You can use mineral spirits or brake cleaner, even gasoline, anything that evaporates quickly, and clean off your brakes before putting the rest of it back together. Highest quality, direct fit replacement auto parts enforced to the strictest product standards. It should go in fairly easily The same thing for the front pad.Now, you need to reset the caliper piston. And yes, over tightening it will cause it to run at higher temps from the additional resistance in the bearing causing premature failure. Silverado 4WD Axle Nut Torque. Now, you want to loosen the lug nuts preliminarily, raise the vehicle and remove them the rest of the way, unless you have air powered tools. endstream endobj 110 0 obj <> stream How many quarts of transmission fluid do i need to put in after a used transmission is installed in my 1990 nissan maxima se. Toujours se rfrer au manuel d'instruction du fabriquant pour les procdures d'installation. Twist the hub nut back into place just a quarter of the way, and then hammer from the back of the hub to break it free. Install hub bearing bolts and tighten to 202 Nm (149 ft. Thanks in advance. Drivers side went bad with less the 600 miles on it. :welcome2:to the diesel place. 18 mm. PpUAEg#(>TC=V&NdTF D\x;~vrJE H]r_~oRvD7$CuG\~gQv7[O=6MI$Q[}n^;y"v*M;[&_-,W%tz\>BVyFWukV}}`?akdGRsx>l)Vve@R^Kr!y}QZ5C0|\XoYkTr9ih6, ;L$Hj !~sPF! YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG ! The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. A few ways to do this: you can loosen this before you take your brakes apart, have somebody hold the brakes and do it that way, or you could use a large bar and put it between the lug studs to hold it, and then you could break the bar. Please fill out your signature line with your year of truck and mods so that we can better help you. Make year Model Front torque ft-lbs/Nm Rear torque ft-lbs/Nm ACURA 1999-97 2.2CL, 2.3CL, 3.0CL 181/245 134/181 2004-96 3.2TL 134/181 2007-05 TL 134/181 2004-96 3.5RL 181/245 2001-90 Integra 134/181 1994-92 Vigor 181/245 AUDI 2005-00 TT FWD 129/175 BMW 2003-00 M5 221/300 BUICK 2007-05 Allure 118/160 2005-98 Century 159/216 1997 Century 151/205 . A Arms. also contain all the detailed torque specs needed for each bolt involved in the repair. Hi, I'm Don from 1A Auto. step 1 :Removing the Wheel. Improper torque can lead to wheel hub movement and allow potential damage to the wheel hub and surrounding components. Chevy Silverado 44 Front Wheel Hub Bearing Replacement. Aug 14, 2011 1990 Nissan Maxima. Then remove these tree 15mm bolts. Wire brush the steering knuckle to clean it up some, and grease the hub flange. It will also leave your spindle nut under or over torque resulting in hub assembly failure. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. You can see, after a little more force it comes out. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Now you want to remove these two 18mm bolts on your caliper bracket, and you can see, we use a piece of pipe for some extra leverage here. Accurately tightening nut is critical to set the load paths for the bearings. endstream endobj startxref 0 %%EOF 103 0 obj <> endobj 104 0 obj <> endobj 141 0 obj <> stream If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. I just replaced both sides and torqued them tight, probably over 150ft lbs. Then, we'll loosen up the top one, and remove the bolts and remove that caliper bracket.There's a T-30 Torx screw that holds the rotor to the hub. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Specs of wheel sizes tires May 6th, 2018 - Hi I have a 2007 chevy Silverado 1 2 ton . an 03 chevy silverado 2500hd rear wheel drive with a floating axle and would like to know the torque specs for the axle nut for the pinion gear on 95 tahoe 8 5 rear axle and torque specs for ring gear and, check out the latest chevrolet silverado 1500 features and specs at car and driver including safety and warranty information, 9 rear axle The first table contains the most-used torque settings. Find Us. Interesting spec on the caliper mounting bracket (221 ft.lbs.). Then, just use a large sea clamp. I try my absolute best to provide precise torque values on every vehicle. When to Get a Hub Assembly Replacement If the wheel assembly starts to break down, it can come loose from the axle, making for a serious safety hazard. Drake studied journalism at Southern Connecticut State University. We'll fast-forward as he does the other two. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. JavaScript is disabled. Then, that center cap does have a little tongue that goes into a groove on the wheel. lbs. Learn how to replace a bad, failed, or noisy hub on the 06-10 Ford Explorer with the steps in this video. Brought to you by www.1AAuto.com, your source for quality replacement parts and the best service on the Internet. "The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.". That way the hub doesn't go flying. How To Replace Front Wheel Bearing Hub 2007-13 Chevy Silverado Truck, Removing the Brake Caliper Bracket and Rotor, Reinstalling the Brake Caliper Bracket and Rotor, 2008 - 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 2007 - 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 2008 - 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD, 2007 - 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD, Chevrolet GMC Hummer Front 8 Piece Steering, Suspension, & Drivetrain Kit TRQ PSA59714, Chevrolet GMC Front 4 Piece Suspension & Drivetrain Kit TRQ PSA85800, Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Front 2 Piece Drivetrain Kit TRQ PSA85334, Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Front 4 Piece Drivetrain Kit TRQ PSA85117, Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Front 10 Piece Steering, Suspension, & Drivetrain Kit TRQ PSA85628, Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Front 2 Piece Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly Set Timken TKSHS00238, Chevrolet GMC Cadillac Front 6 Piece Steering & Drivetrain Kit TRQ PSA59240, How to Replace Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly 1997-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix, Pry off the center cap with a flat blade screwdriver, Remove the hub nut cover with a hammer and chisel, Remove the hub nut with a 36mm socket and a breaker bar or a ratchet with pipe for leverage, Loosen the lug nuts with the vehicle on the ground, Turn the rotor by hand or turn the steering wheel to turn the rotor, Check for gouges on both sides of the rotor, Remove the two 19mm bolts from the brake caliper, Pry the brake pads off with a flat blade screwdriver, Remove the two 18mm bolts from the brake caliper bracket, Remove the T30 Torx screw from the brake rotor, If the rotor will not come off by hand, apply penetrating oil to the studs, Tighten M10 bolts into the rotor to press it off, Remove two of the three 15mm bolts from the hub mount, Disconnect the ABS sensor wiring harness near the chassis, Disconnect the ABS sensor wiring harness at the hub, Clean the steering knuckle with a wire brush, Push the hub through the backing plate and on to the steering knuckle, Tighten the 15mm bolts to 133 foot-pounds of torque, Route and reconnect the abs sensor wire at both ends, Thread one lug nut to hold the rotor in place, Tighten the 18mm bolts to 100 foot-pounds, Clean the rotor with brake parts cleaner or mineral spirits, Install the new brake pads into the bracket, Use a large C-clamp and the old pad to push the pistons back, Tighten the lug nuts to between 100-110 foot-pounds in a crossing or star pattern, Reattach the center cap, inserting the tongue into the wheel groove, Pump your brakes repeatedly until they feel firm, Test your brakes at 5 miles per hour and then 10 miles per hour. Tighten the 3 hub and bearing assembly bolts to 95 Nm (70 ft. We'll just fast-forward as Don replaces the other two and tightens up all three of those. After working as a reporter in Oregon, he is now based back home in New Haven. Then the lock washer, then strongly hand tighten the outer nut. Tgd,Q_G 0*IFtG@U-{tpF ,x+Gm#O Loosen the C clamp as necessary to force purging. We are doing this driveway style with no air tools. Here you can find information regarding repairs to the Chevy Silverado 1500 rear end system. The lower ball joint nut gets tightened down 1995 GMC K1500 - 350 TBI - K & N Intake - 6 in Fabtech lift - 18x10 in wrapped with 35'z - 4.56 gears - G80, http://vsmus-origin.skf.com/Files/Brochures_in_PDF/457377.pdf, http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/killerbp79/?action=view¤t=DSCF2079.flv. Once you have the bolts off, just put the caliper up and out of the way. Are these torque settings right for you? Si el ensamblaje de la rueda est demasiado daado, es posible que no pueda conducir en absoluto, por lo que para que lo arreglen significa que puede operar su [CAR . x`,412H$V/*LV$'I$t7!$iA}TGr, p"&"QhD)Z"3c=u We're going to torque these two bolts to 50 foot pounds. I just replaced both sides and torqued them tight, probably over 150ft lbs. Spindle Nut Torque Specifications Torque Specifications are Important . $70) for the job. If that's how you're doing it, we're guessing you're going through bearings left and right. We're the company that's here for you on the Internet and in person. I found a spec of 122 ft.lbs. to 81 ft-lbs. Thousands of how-to auto repair videos to guide you step-by-step through your repair. You'll need to remove the center hub nut. A native of New Haven, Conn., Floyd Drake III began writing in 1984. Do that before you take that last bolt all the way out. For some hub units, the final torque specification can range from 150 to 350 ft/lbs depending on the application. Torque Specs For Front Hub Chevy Tahoe . (105 Nm)Wheel speed sensor. Here, you can see the worn-out part on the left, the new part from 1A Auto. Check for any abnormal wear. Improper torque hey folks- I need to replace my front left wheel bearing hub on a 2001 K2500 Silverado, ext cab with the Dmax. Bought a Kobalt 3/4 torque wrench ( aprox. Manage Settings Be sure knuckle is clean from rust and debris before hub replacement. Trestle Systems 2470 Island Dr, Suite 308 Spring Park, MN 55384 Make sure to check the official documentation when working on your vehicle. then loosen the nut untill turns freely. Clean and lubricate the hole where the hub joins the spindle with a small amount of grease. Just think, now when you and Drew drive out to Moab, you can sit and take a nap every other time Drew has to fuel. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. You may need to hammer the first one to get started. Next step is a chisel and cutting it off, and getting a new nut unless someone knows a trick I'm not aware of??? 2004 Half-ton Crew, Cognito 7-9" set at 8" right now, Betts 7" springs out back. These repairs include the Chevy Silverado 3 (2014-2018) Torque Spec Settings. GM and Chevrolet Truck Torque Specifications Truck wheel hub torque specifications also vary greatly, with the majority of torque requirements for both GMC and Chevrolet trucks between the 155 to 180 foot-pound range. You want to spray down the back side with penetrating oil. I(4!ho3#F= ^>v[Ff>J(j'")uuH_]aWz $g{SZTI#rI=pZNiQ!\O.Uk_(JWL +1iKTPef{S1~M'2T#=Ljx8>Ac~lD!%8W9QDsND `Jdnql Continue with Recommended Cookies. Tips on axle nut torque specs and where to find them.http://www.showmetheparts.com/timkenMust have "/timken" in the URL.PLEASE NOTE: You must look for torque. To make sure these are the correct tightening torque values, you can use the data below to verify this is the right model. Put the cap back in place and put it back in. It is important that you properly torque the spindle nut to ensure optimum bearing life. The experts at 1A Auto show you how to replace a front wheel hub on your 07-13 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra. Just use a pair of pliers, squeeze the pins on the back and release the clip. Install hub bearing in the knuckle. AR#zX$^0fYvjn~cJlo~0}d{/Oa]wtoE$ Torque spec is 133 ft. I'm going a little bit out of order here. Three 15mm bolts hold the hub in. 3$W_%q4?Jc&f(T1d`rf3=BS!+]#'.qs')al3@K0NF M>E1_:^{0N+t!%.UC e|n1:Agwj F\ IW4[9D-JF! Set it aside.Now, using a flat blade screwdriver, just pry out your brake pad, and sometimes the pad is going to be stuck in there, you can use a flat blade screwdriver and hammer to pry it free. Please feel free to call us toll-free, 888-844-3393. if the keyway will not line up rotate the nut counterclockwise only far enough to line up the slots. Push your rotor back into place, and then twist on the lug nut, and this will just hold the rotor in place. Most-used torque settings for Chevy Silverado 2 To make sure these are the correct tightening torque values, you can use the data below to verify this is the right model. Did you find the answer to your specific question? Are these torque settings right for you? I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one. fastens the control arms to the steering knuckle. If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat!!!!!!! Since the wheel is attached to the hub, adhering to proper torque specifications is necessary for the entire wheel to operate safely. After you get that nut off, then you can loosen your lug nuts and raise and secure the vehicle and remove your wheel and tire. m / 221 lb ft WWW.DMAXSTORE.COM Current Daily Driver: 2005 Chevy 1500 CCSB 2WD Sold - 2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ CCSB LT3 4X4 Sold- 2008 Starcaft Aruba 308DBS Torque the nut to 52lbs ft while rotating the hub in the opposite dirrection. Make sure to check the official documentation when working on your vehicle. NO SPINDLE NUTS GET TIGHTENED AS YOU RECOMMEND. lbs., but you will not be able to get a socket on the upper bolt due to the ball joint bolt being in the way. The tables after it contain all torque spec values I could find. Wheel bearing went bad on drivers side. This can indicate other problems with your brake system. We actually switched to a larger screwdriver. Highest quality, direct fit replacement auto parts enforced to the strictest product standards. Below you'll find the tightening torques for the Chevy Silverado 1 in both Nm and ft/lbs. Chevy Silverado 1500 Classic 2007 4 Wheel Drive Front 177 240 Chevy Suburban 1500 2000-06 4 Wheel Drive Front 177 240 Chevy Tahoe 2000 4 Wheel Drive (Excluding Z71 Models) Front 140 190 . I need the following torque specs: wheel hub bolts outer drive shaft bolt (behind the dust cover) brake caliper bolts Also, I see 4 different bolts on the front brake calipers- 2 appear to be the mounting bolts for the caliper to the yolk, the other 2 for the caliper itself. Brought to you by 1AAuto.com, your source for quality replacement parts and the best service on the Internet. We're going to replace the right-hand or passenger side, the same procedure of the left-hand driver's side. lbs.). Wheel hubs come in three basic variations: hub assemblies with maintainable bearings, assemblies with replaceable, press-in bearings and enclosed hub units which require a complete hub unit replacement when the bearings wear out. 2006-03-06 Transbec Inc. 1 of / de 7 You can see they're identical, and they'll fit exactly the same. endstream endobj 108 0 obj <> stream Then reconnect your harness and clip it back up into place. Remove the hub nut with a 36mm socket and a breaker bar or a ratchet with pipe for leverage. GM determines individual torque specifications for its vehicle models to the weight, drivetrain type and intended use; the specifications determined are what GM considers to be sufficient to properly and safely hold the wheel on the vehicle, which is why similar vehicles have different torque specifications. Upper Strut. We had a little trouble with the inner one. There is also a ball joint which You want to tighten these to about 30 foot-pounds. Then, use two M-10 bolts. The first table contains the most-used torque settings. Over 6,000 Automotive Torque Specs. Continue with Recommended Cookies. The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written! Pull the connection out of the clip to the frame. I would like to lock them down with a torque wrench. I hope this how-to video helps you out, and the next time you need a part for your vehicle, think of 1AAuto.com. 156 is the correct torque spec. Control Arm. On the lower control arm the frame bolts get tightened down to 129 ft-lbs. 5. Choose expedited shipping at checkout. Caliper Mounting Bracket to Knuckle, Front (15 series): 175 N.m/129 lb ft, Caliper Mounting Bracket to Knuckle, Front (25/35 series): 300 N.m/221 lb ft, 2001 - Current Chevrolet & GMC 2500HD/3500 Light Trucks, http://www.mcratracing.com/wheel_bearing.html, If this is your first visit, be sure to Both of which have 3 fasteners that Thanks.Start off by loosening up these 22mm lug nut covers. Tighten the 3 hub mounting bolts evenly and make sure they are very tight. Then you want to torque those three bolts to 75 foot-pounds each. It's a 1500, four-wheel drive. What is the hub nut torque spec ? Our how-to videos have helped repair over 100 million vehicles. - Your #1 online resource for torque specs, order_242 from Chile, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons. Search Car Torque Specifications by Engine or Model Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Exceeding customers' expectations, our team of passionate auto enthusiasts are here to help. You want to remove these two T55 Torx bolts. 221 lb ft on the calipers now I know why I broke the socket. In this guide we will cover the Hi, I'm Mike from 1A Auto. Then remove the hub nut and pull your hub out. Thanks. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Stabilizer Frame Bracket Bolt Torque Spec. Same connector, everything is going to bolt in exactly the same. Copyright 2023 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media. With some extra leverage they come out fairly easily. Rotor and brake caliperTire and wheel install lock key. THIS SITE IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY BUCKLES PUBLISHING. %PDF-1.5 % We'll fast-forward as Don does this and tightens both of those out. Chevy Silverado 1500 Lower Ball Joint to Knuckle Torque Spec : 81 ft-lbs Chevy Silverado 1500 Upper Ball Joint to Knuckle Torque Spec : 37 ft-lbs Front Control arms Installation Lower Control Arm On the Chevy Silverado 1500 there are two control arms being the upper and lower control arms. Fast-forward as we remove that lug nut, and then put our wheel back on. Now, you can disconnect your ABS harness. Oil pan to Engine block and Front cover bolt, Front wheel hub and bearing assembly bolt. The tables after it contain all torque spec values I could find. Here you can find information regarding the assembly of the Chevy Silverado 1500 front end. 156 is the correct torque spec. If not, you'll need a large breaker bar or a pipe for some extra leverage, 36mm socket, hold the brakes and remove the center hub nut. Production years: 1998 - 2006 Generation: 1 Type of van: pickup Model variant: Base Also known as: Chevrolet C/K GMC Sierra 2 Lower Strut. Put your backing plate on to your new hub, and then push the hub back into place. Clean axle shaft and apply a thin film of gease to the shaft splines and hub bore. The old, damaged wheel hub will then be removed, and the new one will be installed in its place. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Thanks.In this video, we're going to replace the front hub on this 2011 Chevy Silverado. check out the, Tighten the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts to. Read More Hyundai Santa Fe 2001-05 Torque Specifications Repair Guide Find out how to access AutoZone's Torque Specifications Repair Guide for Hyundai Santa Fe 2001-05. The caliper bracket bolts should have red loctite on them, maybe the other hub mounting nuts/bolts also have it on them. Chevrolet Equinox Axle Nut Torque. When I worked for Land Rover the tightest I ever torqued anything was 110 lb ft .Thanks for the info. Put that in place. ?&WWOutc; pN,6iSS09N'(&k=v These For the third step, if you do not have air tools you can either loosen the center hub nut before you take your brakes apart by having somebody hold the brakes, or you can use a large bar, put it between the lug studs to hold it, and break the bar. TightTorque is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. Torque the lug nuts in a crossing pattern to 100 foot-pounds, and torque this hub nut to 125 foot-pounds. You can see we already have the wheel off. Included within these repairs There are two 19mm bolts that hold the caliper on up there and there. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Put the caliper back into place, and slide those slide bolts back in. endstream endobj 107 0 obj <> stream Hub Bolts. Then, pull the rest of the clips from the control arm and steering knuckle. In loving memory of Joshua Martin Thomas. Now, route the ABS harness back in place and reconnect it. On the upper control arm the frame bolts need to be tightened up to 140 ft-lbs. SOURCE: replacing front hub on a 2001 Chevy Silverado 1/2. A forum community dedicated to GMC and Chevy full size owners and enthusiasts. If not about 4 quarts. Front Wheel Hub Torque Specifications Spcifications de couple pour moyeu de roue avant Always refer to the specific vehicle manufacturer's instruction manual for installation procedures. You want to just use a 15mm wrench and another wrench for some extra leverage. then torque the nut to 0 lb ft to finger tight and no more. You just pry out, and once you've broken it free, you can just turn it out the rest of the way with the one wrench. If you don't have the benefit of air tools, you're going to want to remove this cap by using a screw driver or a coal chisel and hammer or a large set of pliers, and remove that cap to expose that center nut. If your rotors don't come off easy, douse the back side and around the studs with penetrating oil. Yukon 4.88 w/ Auburn LSD 20x10 Gunner 6 wheels with 37" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Xentec 6000k HID's, Nelson 87/89 dual tune, Eclipse AVN 6600 w/sirius and IPOD controllers[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]. And yes, over tightening it will cause it to run at higher temps from the additional resistance in the bearing causing premature failure. with the repair procedures we also include the corresponding bolt torque specs for each fastener involved. The range of torque specifications for GM vehicles varies between front and rear wheel drive vehicles; a 1997 to 1999 front-wheel drive Cadillac Deville requires 118 foot-pounds of torque on the wheel hub, whereas a front-wheel drive 1979 to 1985 Eldorado requires 176 foot-pounds of torque. Axle / Spindle Nut Torque Specification.