2 door sedan. Regal Deluxe Convertible at 1948's Earls Court in London. This car restored would hold its own in any collection. Located in Elkart Indiana. The 245 We need to step outside our modern paradigm to appreciate cars built for around-town driving, dirt roads, or narrow concrete ribbons. . It had the 226. Classifieds for 1949 to 1962 Studebaker Vehicles. 1954-1966 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER LARK HAWK WHEEL CYLINDER KIT QTY. Studebakers are cool and very unusual. No, it would not be really neat with a Chevy LS. So just a couple years later, Commander cars were 232 V-8. Runs and drives great no rust car is from Florida 56,000 original miles has power steering show contact info no texting please. If its operable, I want to drive it. There werent too many to begin with! Being somewhat geared to manufacturing and mechanical practices, I question why this is such a general observance. In addition, the company did not have the financial resources to add another body type to the model line. In facsimile edition, 2nd printing by Thomas Nelson 1975, Motor Record: Fremantle to Sydney. No, i dont wear the tighties or shoes With 259 V8-automatic. 4 Door Sedan. I am the second owner (1977). 1949 Studebaker Commander Unavailable $ 3,000 1949 Studebaker Commander. Here is a nice cruiser or daily driver that you can enjoy and take to the shows and cruise ins. With the engine out of the car, they fit. The Commander is powered by Studebaker's 245ci flathead six-cylinder rated at 102bhp. The 1950 bullet-nose front will fit right on but only from a Commander. The Studebaker company had a problem with the Mercedes-Benz company. On the hood and trunk, they removed the M-B look-alike and on the Commander, replaced it with a large gold 8 in the middle of a chrome V (basically they removed one of the three arms of the "star", changing it into a "v".) No its not a bullet nose, but still pretty cool. I drove it like that for 5 years and it never gave me any trouble. Coming or Going? It was running 8 years ago when we drove it to a mechanic that was going to do body work but left it outside in his lot and time and weather beat it up. Im to deep into my current project or I might go after this one. Very relaxing and Ive got a cargo trailer to attach for grocery runs when gas gets too much to justify driving my truck (Im dreading that day but fear its looming on the horizon). 12 volt. There were also fewer frame re-enforcements than in subsequent years. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. New top and boot. Studebaker introduced the Champion in 1939, and the Commander line was again repositioned, now as the mid-range vehicle. It is an acquired taste that I never understood until I bought a Model T flatbed. Free shipping. 1949 Studebaker Commander VIN: 4375569 condition: fair cylinders: 6 cylinders delivery available drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 31146 paint color: blue size: mid-size title status: clean transmission: manual type: convertible WILL NOT REPLY TO RANDOM EMAILS.. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The reason Im selling is because my wife has been out of work for 3 months now and Studebaker commanders .. v8 auto 1 has 68k mile will need fuel pump installed unique rare find of American made history .. 3rd owner ? The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards recognized New, larger brakes were included in the package, shortening stopping distances by 37ft (11m) according to Motor Trend. People older than myself often make comments about how old engines just did not have the life in them that new engines do. Deluxe 2 Door Convertible The third generation Champion and the Commander were introduced in 1947. The construction problems were corrected in the 1954 Land Cruiser models with heavier metal in the frames and an additional re-enforcing crossmember. special extra-long-wheelbase new Land Cruiser New Studebaker Box, Needs finishing touches, New Tires, Just had new windshield installed. In the 1970s, the car was re-discovered behind a South Bend gas station and no longer owned by the former employee. Stop 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. 1959 STUDEBAKER SILVER HAWK 289 MOTOR FOUR BARRELL POWER BRAKES AIR CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL BUCKET SEAT IN REALLY GREAT SHAPE STRAIGHT DRIVE WITH OVER DRIVE $12.900.00 CONTACT INFO show contact info COULD BE 1949 studebaker champion regal. 1949 Studebaker Commander. The Land Cruiser suggested price of $2043 included a one-piece curved windshield, an electric clock and carpeting front and rear. Piston rings Someone told me they had come via Switzerland . Its been refinished in its original color of Shenandoah Green. I dont do it because of emissions If it were an $80,000 car, Id hire a marque expert more local to the car to evaluate it. Call or text. Hobart, IN 46342 (581 miles away) Related Article. A few years in the future, Studebaker would be the American distributor for that brand, but in 1953, the M-B tri-star emblem was turned upside down and put on the front and rear of Studebaker cars, minus the encircling ring. Wouldnt work; completely different design `50-`51. This would have been around the year 1949 when new cars were impossible to buy. Solid car for the year.Read More. Door Sedan Keep in mind that the Studebaker engines of the time did not go 100,000 miles without a rebuild, my fathers 50, same engine, went only 40,000 miles and 4 years before it was toast. Studebaker also again rolled out an extended wheelbase model of the Commander, the Land Cruiser. $12,500 Dealership CC-1632631 1949 Studebaker Pickup 1949 Studebaker 3/4 ton Pickup 6 cyl manual trans. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. It was also manufactured in Vernon, California. dash dials Automatic hill holder and foam rubber seat [1]:p259, In Australia, a crew of three drivers led by Norman "Wizard" Smith tackled overland records using a Commander roadster. 55 commander coupe, 259 v8 3speed OD. I agree, Scott. I wonder what it would take to get this one in minimally acceptable (drive-able) condition. Then it was changed to the 245. The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards recognized From last 2 months of production. The only issue is the fact that the engine is apparently a bit smoky, but it does have good oil pressure and runs quietly and smoothly. IT DOES HAVE A COUPLE SMALL SPOTS OF RUST, BUT NOT ROT. 1950 Studebaker R2 Pickup truck on a 1986 Monte Carlo SS chassis. Very unique car I hope someone buys it and takes it to the next level. 1949 Studebaker Commander. I was actually born in the back seat of a 1949 Champion, delivered by my grandmother. 1949 Studebaker Commander. on a box or fumbling under the dash panel for servicing! Represented to us as 44,527 actual miles with actual odometer reading on the title as proof. There are 98 new and used 1949 to 1962 Studebakers listed for sale near you on ClassicCars.com with prices starting as low as $500. 1949 to 1962 Studebaker Vehicles for Sale. I had a Saturn sc1 that burned a litre every 1000 kilometres started using the Lucas and it stopped using oil altogether. RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. . Dont give me too much credit Original 283 engine. Become a member to add images to your comments. Deluxe 2 Door I do it because it is relaxing , Filters Clear Filters. Life is very different at 45mph. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. The main criticism revolved around the length of the deck lid, which many felt made the car look like it was traveling in the wrong direction. Restored in 2007. From the firewall back the Champion and Commander are the same. It only required 2psi (0.14bar) of pressure to turn the steering wheel but it was noisy. Like when boating steering Panoramic vision Seats centered between For 1947-1953 Studebaker Commander Brake Hose Centric 99855FP 1951 1948 1949 (Fits: Studebaker Commander) $23.17. Same owner for past 44 years, driven t, 1955 studebaker truck Project Nice clean Studebaker truck, have title for it. Its all in the planing and the skill of the modifier. I had the 50 Commander Starlight. Under the hood should be a flathead six-cylinder engine with a displacement of 226 cubic inches and a horsepower output of 94. R1 V8 *4 Speed Manual *Recently Rebuilt Single 4 Barrel Carburetor *Recently Rebuilt Power Steering *Recently Rebuilt Power Front Disc Brakes *Air Conditioning *1 of 91 Produced w/ A/C & 4 Speed * 1963 Studebaker Lark Wagonaire, rare sliding roof wagon, Green Metallic with matching interior, 259 cu in 140 HP V8, 3-speed transmission, fully serviced, funky and fun! Years ago I bought a 50s Buick wagon with 495,000 miles on it. Whew, when I read your first post in this thread, I thought you were one of them. The price was raised to $2289. 1949 Studebaker coupe, real good body, non original engine. Just saw your comment. Studebaker distinctions for '49. But i cant throw paper in the garbage ! The 1950 Champion differed from the Commander, which had a distinctive bumper, carried over from 1949, longer front fenders and large headlight bezels, as well as a distinctive jet-style hood ornament and shared an appearance with the 1949 Ford Sedan. Good chrome, paint and upholstery. Studebaker. I stop for pedestrians and cyclists Good luck with the sale. $3,000 Dealership CC-1659960 1949 Studebaker Antique 1949 Studebaker Four Door Sedan. Actually, Rodney, I remember it vividly. It was always kept out of the elements but moved from barn to shed more than once. The car was later modified to 1954-model specifications, and was occasionally driven around South Bend by engineers. ClassicCars.com has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, successfully making the Inc. 5000 list in both 2015, Runs smooth with its 6 cylinder and 6 volt system. 1949 Studebaker Pickup, runs good, great if you want to do more restoring or enjoy it as is. Not running, engine turns. The car now runs, drives, and stops well, and the 3-speed overdrive transmission also works perfectly. Not Many Left: 1949 Studebaker Commander Convertible Russ Dixon After World War II, Studebaker offered two automobiles, the Champion and the Commander, with the latter targeted at those who wanted a more upscale automobile. Bring help to push. Someone buy this car, return it to glory, and show it off. $13,995.00 Recent Rat Rod Class winner this past F 1952 Studebaker Champion 4 door with suicide rear doors. STP oil treatment was first introduced in 1952 as a product of Chemical Compounds Inc. of St. Joseph, Missouri. spine-saving, cost-saving improvements than any new trucks ever Clean Title $6000 or best offer Beautiful original car nice paint bright chrome and trim. WeBe Autos Specializes in Marketing and Advertising Muscle, Classic, Vintage and Specialty Cars. Climatizer heating and ventilating, white sidewall tires and wheel ; wb: 123 in.) enclosed inside the doors of the driver's cab! Selling as a complete parts car, bill of sale only show contact info. Studebaker Gasser: Tubbed 2150 M/T Small Block 355 CI, Roller 700 Lift/Cam 12 to 1 compression, ALum Brodix HEads 202 Valve Steel Crank, 9" Rear End 488 Asking $20,000 or best offer, 1950 Studebaker rat pickup chopped channeled and shortened suicide doors 400 SBC with th350 transmission nice stereo 10k OBO sweet patina. These Commanders are a totally different car from a Champion heavier frame and suspension, bigger brakes, entire drive train is bigger and stronger. Truck looks runs and stops a Rare- 1948 Studebaker Champion- Runs great, Florida Car. Not show but nice car. Are you looking to buy your dream classic car? We have been working on such a project for the last few y, 1949 STUDEBAKER PICKUP AWDALL BODY WORK DONE, NO RUST AND PAINTED IN CORVETTE SILVER.BODY RETRO FITTED ONTO AN AWD OLDSMOBILE BRAVADA CHASSIS.POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, POWER WINDOWS.4.3L V. Located in Auburn, Washington, the Studebaker is listed for sale here on Craigslist. We, 1949 Studebaker 2R5 Custom Pickup TruckVIN: R526530 Do you like old Studebaker trucks? Legendary designer Virgil Exner turned his pen to designing the Starlight, and its design seems to have attracted as many detractors as admirers. cushions (standard except on Champions), Automatic overdrive, Shop millions of cars from over 22,500 dealers and find the perfect car. Regal Deluxe 2 Door Sedan Deluxe Considered very radical for the era, it had three-point front styling, popularly known as the bullet-nose. the 1949 buy word for thrift that lasts and style that thrills! A couple of thoughts come to mind. Seven Six Zero 822 For Sale: 1950 Studebaker Champion. Suicide Doors. Even though the car was equipped with the 232 cu. Solid car for the year. Studebaker was a once proud company, but paid employees too much, had bad management and when it finally got Sherwood Egbert, he made great business moves to save the company, but he died too young. Car runs strong with overdrive. Restore it to showroom condition and enjoy it. The new Land Cruiser exclusively rode the company's longest wheelbase (124in (3,100mm)), which provided additional legroom for rear seat passengers. Burger X 2. Its hard, 1949 Studebaker Pickup 1/2 T 6 cyl 3 speed -Vehicle is on consignment and at our clients home -Please Call First and talk to a rep at 231-468-2809 EXT 1 -Showroom is by appointment only Ple, 1949 Studebaker Commander. Like a lot of automotive stylists, Exner was influenced by contemporary aircraft designs. These long-stroke engines were well known for their durability and low-end torque. That vast expanse of rear glass offers panoramic views in every direction. My girlfriend and i enjoy our rides on our tandem bike , its cheesy but we just dont care Hope this one finds a loving home. Door Convertible CHAMPION (6 cyl., 169.6 cu.in., 80 h.p. Modern radio/CD. Yes. The 1953 model sold retail for $2316 ($23,457 in 2021 dollars [1]). Gateway Classic Cars of Dallas is pleased to offer this classic, rare Studebaker Wagon for sale. Now my fast cars just sit in the shop while I go enjoy life at a slower speed. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. The Land Cruiser was introduced at the 1933 Chicago World's Fair as an extensively streamlined sedan. Super fun truck. This is a very nice 55 Stude with a 350 and 350 tranny and a 5 speed stick. This is where I sat down and read the whole maintenance history. If this Stude were 225 miles from me, and I wanted it, Id probably drive over too. Ive never understood why people think things are too far away. 2 Door Sedan It has an honest 46,345 miles and has never seen rain. None of the 51 front parts will interchange. Everything under the hood looks original and the factory 6-volt electrical system works fine. ; wb: 123 in.) The Studebaker wears 58 years of dust, dirt, and grime but doesnt look as though any furry dwellers the car shared space with did any noticeable damage. Naturally, there was plenty of work to do to return the car to the land of the living. Has new wood bed and new interior. This car is 225 miles from me (I tipped BF to this car.) They're revolutionary trucks Complete and mostly original. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. 1950 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION - cars & trucks - by in Highland, IL, 1959 studibaker lark 6 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Valley Springs, CA, 1960 STUDEBAKER CHAMP - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle in Pittsville, MD, RARE 1948 Studebaker Champion in Farmington, MI, 1955 Studebaker Commander 2Door Restored (REDUCED) in Williamsport, PA, 1966 Studebaker Cruiser in Rock Island, IN, 1966 Studebaker Cruiser in Rock island, WI, 1947 Studebaker Champion 2dr in Franklin, TN. Whats more, your bike doesnt put out any emissions! Regal Deluxe 2 Door Strlhardtop Coup But the engines suffered from overheating, and on the Champion, oil filters were an extra cost option, my father did not opt, the engine was toast at 40,000 miles. Yolo. Engine compartment, interior very nice. [3]:p239, In 1929, Studebaker added an 8-cylinder Commander to the range.[4]. Starts, runs and drives. They were the first redesigned post war American cars, 2 years ahead of others. [2], These sixes were the last descendants of rugged cars designed for poor roads in the early 20th centuryloaded with torque and strong in construction. Please Note The Following Vehicle Location is at our clients home and Not In Ca, Rare 1949 Studebaker Champion Royal Deluxe convertible. New listings are added daily. COMMANDER (6 cyl., 245.6 We had a 50 Studebaker that Dad bought new. It has a 307 V8 chevy 4bbl carb and a 200 R4 automatic with switched over drive from a Gran 1966 Studebaker Cruiser 61900 mi. American Classics (2) Antiques (0) Classic Trucks (0) Exotics (0) Hot Rods . When the cover was removed, it looked like one was still there ! Any distance from 32768. Size for size, wheelbase In addition to offering its Land Cruisers in the Commander and President lines, for 1941 Studebaker introduced the ultra-luxurious Skyway Land Cruiser which featured a slightly curved single-pane windshield, rear fender skirts and premium details and fabrics. Or subscribe without commenting. Background [ edit] My own personal requirement on any deal is that I have to be able to speak personally on the phone with the owner of the vehicle. Example I replaced the original seats in my dodge with modern dodge seats but the old ones will bolt right back in should I change my mind later on. After all, you get the rar, 1953 &1954, Studebaker Titled non-op coupe with no rust. 1964 Studebaker Commanders most commonly had a dual headlight arrangement which they shared with the Challenger though quad headlamps were optional. I for one, would do the same. Why wait for 2 years and lots of money to have a rig restored that is not as pretty as this one. The shorter wheel based Champion Starlight Coupe looked better, to my mind, the big difference being the trunk length. thrills! 1949 Studebaker Commander Pricing Original MSRP N/a Price range N/a Average price on CG $0 YoY price change N/a Date Sep 22 Oct 22 Nov 22 Dec 22 Jan 23 Feb 23 Price (US $) $22,000 $24,000 $26,000 $28,000 $30,000 1951 Studebaker Commander 1950 Studebaker Commander 1949 Studebaker Commander 1948 Studebaker Commander Index Price See more price trends horses! 1958 Studebaker Silver Hawk This has 76,000 miles, automatic. We love ours! I really like the looks of these. in.) Regal Today, this respected resource pegs the range at $7,250-$31,600, with average retail being $18,100. Then a problem with the new (and revolutionary, for its day) mechanical power steering raised its head. In the upper part, the Commander had a gold 8 while the Champion a gold S. Immediately following World War II, Studebaker dropped its President models, and the Commander again was elevated in the lineup. But is there a Studebaker tie-in? 2016, 2017 and 2018. Hagerty values way over inflated. Coup You do get a different view Door Sedan. Just 1,702 copies of that body style would be built even though pent-up demand for new cars was high then, making this a rare find today. Keep me in the conversation via email. No. It retailed for $1,510. Second its the price you pay for getting something if you really want it. The first series would have a production run from 1947-49, which included the sellers 49 Commander Regal DeLuxe convertible. 1949 Studebaker Commander..Starlight Coupe..Beautiful Car..The One Everybody Wants..Low Mileage..Slate Grey Paint..One Re-Paint back to Original..Original Grey .More. The Studebaker Land Cruiser is an automobile that was produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana (United States) from 19341954. but if it were in Indiana, Im sure not flying across the country to look at an $8000 car. There is much difference betwixt them. [1]:p259, After this, the three cars were closely scrutinised, part by part, and it was established that they were strictly stock automobiles, identical in every respect to those available at any Studebaker showroom. Ill tell you what, thats a cool car and an actual barn find! for wheelbase, they're tops in modern design and dollar value. Solid car for the year. Their inbuilt durability and toughness gained them great renown under worldwide conditions. 1950 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe, 1951 Studebaker Commander State 4-Door Sedan, 1952 Studebaker Commander State Convertible, 1953 Studebaker Commander V-8 Regal 4-Door Sedan, 1954 Studebaker Commander V8 Deluxe Starlight Coupe, In 1963, Studebaker again resurrected the Commander name for the 1964 model year, applying it to the next-to-lowest-priced Lark model, the Challenger being below. The 1928 GB Commander was a descendant of the Big Six, being powered with the proven 354cuin (5.8L) engine, modified to deliver 75bhp (56kW; 76PS) at 2400rpm. are of the opinion that the 1954 Land Cruiser was better designed than the 1955 Ultra-Vista wrap around windshield President models. This example is no excep 1959 Studebaker Lark Every muscle car enthusiast knows what an STP sticker looks like. *289 Cu. Its stunning. 2 REAR 13/16" (Fits: Studebaker Commander) $18.99. Find 18 used Studebaker Commander as low as $12,950 on Carsforsale.com. Suicide Doors. This rare and desirable bullet-nose Starlight coupe is the top-of-the-line Commander model. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. 1949 Studebaker Champion Commander For Sale - Chelsea Cars 1949 Studebaker Champion Commander For Sale Make: Studebaker Model: Champion Commander First Registered: 1949 Price: POA Mileage: Colour: Yellow Engine: Gearbox: Manual Power: LHD/RHD: LHD Additional Features: 1949 Studebaker Champion Commander For Sale Ironically, driving it home, it tossed TWO rods and required a major. See Results. Wonderful car, I have no room, someone jump on this. Looks like it might have some good bones, though hard to tell. Classics on Autotrader is your one-stop shop for the best classic cars, muscle cars, project cars, exotics, hot rods, classic trucks, and old cars for sale. Everything works as it should. LONG 4.75-inch stroke. New top and, 1949 Studebaker Pickup, runs good, great if you want to do more restoring or enjoy it as is. Engine horsepower increased to 127 as the result of a 0.5 compression increase (to 7.5). That a Studebaker truck and an International truck of the same size went not a mud hole. It featured center-opening, rear-hinged rear doors (called "suicide doors" by some) and was powered by the larger of Studebaker's two straight-6 engines. I have seen a 50 clip on a 49. The two sports roadsters averaged better than 65mph (105km/h) and the sedan, which had flipped on the icy boards during one of the night runs and had been hurriedly repaired, averaged almost 62mph. had. The trucks are America's newest and finest-the The only problem Studebaker had was they were so far ahead of their time few people appreciated them. Either that, or theyre just being realistic about not having the skill to purchase a vehicle sight-unseen and not get burned on the deal. As the story goes, the sellers parents bought this drop-top second-hand sometime after 1949 and kept it running until 1964. Shown by appt in Oceanside. The team rested for a little over three hours before attempting another record on the 600-mile track to Brisbane. New paint in 2019. That being saidits still a fine example of Streamline Moderne design. Solid car for the year. The upside-down tri-star was used elsewhere in the car. Keep me in the conversation via email. Sales in 1951 skyrocketed, an increase of almost 12,000 over 1950. New Champion and Commander sedans, Coups, convertibles - a special extra-long-wheelbase new Land Cruiser - New decorator-fabric upholsteries . All studebaker cars . Overhau Classic Car Deals (844) 676-0714 Cadillac, MI 49601 (1,655 miles away) 15 1949 Studebaker Champion 6 Cyl So obviously I like this one, too. NO RUST. The saying goes. Certainly, the days of 1,000-mile oil-change intervals are long gone. My daughters new Mini back in 2001 required oil changes only every 10,000 miles! Cadillac V8 - 2800 Miles (Since Build) Y, 1949 Studebaker Custom Pickup Truck Features: Custom Frame Mustang Front End Corvette Rear End Tilt, 1949 Studebaker Pick-up Featured in Custom Classic Truck June 2012. The Stude truck came out towing the International. Nicely equipped w Daily Driver, starts right up, runs well. I have seen a 50 clip on a 49. Back in 2000, NADA gave the 1949 Land Cruiser a low-to-high value range of $2,850-$7,475, with "average retail" landing at $5,325. to shy away from the 55 Studebakers. Restomod +LS +new frame+Brakes,suspension, One of a kind for sure but for me it cant be stock , i would fall asleep driving this jalopy, think Id wanna replace the front clip with a 1950/51. The rear seat, dash, and headliner all look to be quite good, but the front seat will need a new cover, and the door trims could really benefit from reupholstering. Top-trimmed Studebakers from 19551958 went by the Studebaker President name (revived from the prewar President models). Deluxe 2 Door Starlighardtop Coup He used Pennzoil 30w religiously. Studebaker coasted along with the old bodies until 1952. 1949 STUDEBAKER LAND CRUISER SPECIFICATIONS PRICE Base price: $2,328 Price as optioned: N/A Options: Overdrive, Climatizer heater, whitewall tires, chrome wheel discs, AM radio ENGINE Type: L-head straight-six, cast-iron block and cylinder head Displacement: 245.6 cubic inches Bore x Stroke: 3.312 x 4.750 inches Compression ratio: 6.5:1 1955 Studebaker Commander 2 Door OFFERS or TRADES WELCOME) REDUCED to $11500 V8 3-speed on the tree New radial tires Frame-off restoration in 2000 One family owner All original bright work redone New interior Engi PRICE DROP Selling this rare 1949 STUDEBAKER pick up truck. After eventually passing through several owners, the car is now in a private collection of Studebaker automobiles. Studebaker began using the Commander name in 1927[1]:p258 and continued to use it until 1964, with the exception of 1936 and 1959-63. So, I frequently wonder how much the vastly-improved longevity of modern engines is due to the elimination of sulfur in our fuels. Im selling my 1962 Studebaker Lark 2dr 6cyl automatic trans, with 65,000 orig miles and I have a clean title. The Champion and Commander are the same from the firewall back except trim. Since it was a sellers market after WWII, Studebaker felt no need to change the basic design of the car, even though they knew that other makers would have new cars in 1949. 6 cylinder, 3 speed. Interior in good condition. New On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. They have shippers for that here in America! The bike is pretty much maintenance free ! Its doubtful the car could be easily coaxed to start, but no mention is made as to whether the engine is stuck after all this time. Until the appearance of the 8-cylinder President in January 1928, all Studebaker cars of the 1920s were sixes. It remains my favorite Stude. I know the owner of this car, and hes a stand-up Guy. Only 100 of these units were sold before Studebaker began using GM Saginaw type units. good interior, front seats non-original. $3,000. I can generally tell within 5 minutes if Im buying the car or not. windshield and window vision! Studebaker placed the name on hiatus at the end of the 1958 model year. If interested Please SEND me a phone number for a return phone call. We ranked the 10 best Ferrari models listed on Classics on Autotrader from 2022. For 1956, an upscale President Classic sedan was offered. I recycle but realise that whatever i do as an individual is instantly negated by corporate ! Additional structural reinforcements were needed to reduce body flexure. We loved it, but by 45,000 miles we were hearing death rattles from the main bearings. Price: Best Offer. Barn find . HERE is the most While there are some cars from automotive history which would tend to make rear seat passengers feel claustrophobic due to little or no visibility from the rear seats, the Starlight is not a car that could have that sort of criticism leveled against it. Truck also has front disk brakes with new wheels and tires. Not perfect but very nice $5500 obo. In a 1953 road test done by Popular Mechanics, the Commander got a 0-60mph of 17.9 seconds and was rated as getting 26.1 mpg at 30mph.[5]. Original interior looks very good as well 109,000 miles 289 V8 hi pro Newly rebuilt motor always been garaged and it shows a great collector car thats fun to drive R 1953 Studebaker Commander, Starliner hardtop. A lot of work has gone into this classic car. We can ship to your location. Their classi. Super f, 1949 Studebaker Pickup 1/2 T 6 cyl 3 speed -Vehicle is on consignment and at our clients home -Pleas, The Starlight coupe was a unique 2-door body style offered by the Studebaker Corporation of South Be, 1949 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe is fully restored back to its original beauty. A 49 has the 245 engine. I was told this is the original miles, 12,000. The be, 1952 Studebaker Starlite When you look at Studebaker's automotive history, you have to go back to th, This 1962 Studebaker Champ 1/2 Ton Pickup is a nicely restored half-ton pickup with southern history. They were built on the same frame as the new Starliner and Starlight coupe models but, as with many new models, there were some initial problems, primarily with the fit of the front fenders. Yet they get away with it. 4 door with suicide doors, No motor no trans. 2016, 2017 and 2018. in. When the prototype convertible was no longer needed, engineer E. T. Reynolds ordered the car to be stripped and the body sent to the secret graveyard at the company's proving grounds west of South Bend. But that was in terms of display prototypes whereas Studebaker had new 47 models in their showrooms by the Summer of 1946.